• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibo Presents: Battle for Online Supremacy - Paid PKMN Tourney - Last Call Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

ChiboSempai Presents:

-Starting April 3rd-

REGISTER NOW!!!
http://followingrevolution.com/?page_id=823

-Introduction-
Following the recent interest in paid online Pokemon tournaments, I have decided to take the initiative and host SWF's first paid online Pokemon tournament! (Possibly the first anywhere!) It's time to bring the competitive spirit found in Smash online to Pokemon for everyone to enjoy. We all love in-person tournaments, but trying to gather so many for Pokemon, why not kick back and enjoy it in the comfort of our own homes and play people from all over the US?

-Schedule-
  • Now - Friday, April 3rd at 6:00PM EST: Register Online. Registration closes on April 3rd at 6:00pm EST.
  • Friday, April 3rd: Brackets will be posted here at around 7:00pm EST after registration ends. Everyone may start their first matches.
  • Saturday, April 11th at 9:00PM EST: Your first round matches must be done by now. I will hold a chat room sometime around 7:00PM EST for anyone to have a last chance at contacting their opponent if they haven't before. If someone's opponent is missing from the chat room, the person present gets the win. If neither is present and I haven't heard from either of them throughout the week, then I will ask Umbreon who he think's has a cooler name and they win that match.
  • Sunday, April 12th: Updated bracket is put up (might happen Saturday night). First round of losers and second round of winners will take place over the next week.
  • The tourney will continue with the above schedule each week. As rounds progress, I might decrease the amount of time people have to finish a round, like 5 days, or possibly even 3 later on when fewer people are in the bracket.

-Price and Prizes-
  • Entrance Fee: $6
  • $5 from each player goes into the pot, the other $1 is used for Paypal fees.
  • The entry fee and registration will be handled online via Paypal.
  • There will be a 64 entrant cap. No substitutes.
  • Payout:
    1st Place: 60% of the pot
    2nd place: 30% of the pot
    3rd place: 10% of the pot
  • If all 64 spots are filled up, then I will pay out to 5th place. If a very small amount of people enter, then I may pay out only 1st place or top 2.
  • Money will be paid to the winners via Paypal. If you do not have a Paypal account, I will mail you a check or money order.

-REGISTER NOW!-
Register online at http://followingrevolution.com/?page_id=823

Registration costs $6. $5 from each person goes into the pot and the other dollar is used for Paypal fees. You just have to fill out your nickname and state (for location seeding) and that's it! Every now and then I will update this thread with who is pre-registered so far. There will be a 64 person cap.

REGISTRATION ENDS ON FRIDAY APRIL 3rd AT 6:00PM EST!

-Don't Have Paypal?-
Don't worry! There are some other options to help you get into the tournament.
  • If you happen to live near me, see me in person by the registration date and give me the $6 in person.
  • Buy an American Express gift card. You can get these at places like CVS. Buy it with cash, and it works like a credit card.
  • Go ahead and make a Paypal account anyway, they're pretty cool. You can use it with a bank account instead of a debit/credit card. It will also make receiving money if you win easier.
  • As a last resort deal, you could mail me a money order. Contact me via PM to do this. You will have to decide soon then so you can make sure I get the money on time.

-Rules-
  • All battles will be standard single battles 6v6.
  • Matches will be played on Shoddy Battle on the Smogon Server
  • This will use the PLATINUM metagame.
  • All matches will be best of 3 Winners, losers, and grand finals will be best of 5.
  • Team switching is allowed between every match. You do not have to tell your opponent if you are staying the same or not.
  • Basic rules: Standard OU tier play with Ubers banned. Standard clauses are on.
  • Uber Pokemon that are Banned:
    • Arceus
    • Darkrai
    • Deoxys (All forms)
    • Dialga
    • Garchomp
    • Giratina (All forms)
    • Groudon
    • Ho-oh
    • Kyogre
    • Latios
    • Lugia
    • Manaphy
    • Mew
    • Mewtwo
    • Palkia
    • Rayquaza
    • Shaymin (Flying form)
    • Wobbuffet
    • Wynaut
  • Shoddy Clauses in effect:
    • Sleep Clause - No more than one Pokemon can be put to sleep on a team at the same time (self-induced sleep like Rest doesn't count)
    • Freeze Clause - No more than one Pokemon can be frozen on a team at the same time.
    • Strict Damage - Displayed attack damage will not exceed 100% (If you're attack would have done 200% of damage and over-killed the opponent, it will only say 100%, similar to how the DS works)
    • Species Clause - You may not use two of the same Pokemon on a team. Pre-Evolutions and Evolutions do not count (you may have a Iggybuff, Jipplypuff, and Wigglytuff all on your team, but only one of each)
    • Soul Dew Clause - The item Soul Dew is banned
    • OHKO Clause - All one hit KO attacks like Guillotine are not allowed
    • Evasion Clause - Moves that increase your evasion are banned. Moves that decrease your opponents accuracy are still allowed. Brightpowder and the pokemon powers that increase your evasion are allowed.
    • Timed Battle - Both players have a 5 minute timer that counts down when selecting what to do. Time is added to both sides after each turn. This is to make sure people pay attention to the match.
  • As soon as the match is over, please pm me the result along with the battle log.
  • EVERYONE SAVE YOUR BATTLE LOGS! If there is a dispute, I need both player's battle logs to decide on my ruling.
  • Please be fair and respectful. No cheating.
  • It will be a double elimination bracket with location seeding based on what state you live in.

You can find Shoddy Battle at: www.shoddybattle.com

-Registered Attendees-
  • ChiboSempai
  • timssu

So who's ready for BOS1? LET'S HYPE THIS UP!

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
im going to tell ralza this and im not even kidding, you will all lose.. hes a pokemon breeder he has every single pokemon from red-diamond all 80-99... lol

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
im going to tell ralza this and im not even kidding, you will all lose.. hes a pokemon breeder he has every single pokemon from red-diamond all 80-99... lol
<_<

You really don't know anything about Pokemon, do you?

Anyway, I'm in most likely. If Bayleef stops failing, we should probably do this over NBS.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
My 3 lvl 100 Jigglypuffs, 2 Lvl 100 Igglypbuffs, and 1 Lvl 100 Wigglytuff will pwn all of your pokemon.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol i remember u telling me about that team puff
but species clause makes it illegal :p

updating more stuff now cause i just got home from work/school

Niiro

Smash Ace
on shoddy? he's amazing.

c3gill

Smash Ace
My 3 lvl 100 Jigglypuffs, 2 Lvl 100 Igglypbuffs, and 1 Lvl 100 Wigglytuff will pwn all of your pokemon.
People like this are the reason that I will NOT be entering your first tournament- I think I will wait to see how the first goes before entering one.

Hoping this goes well (and I will still be following it!), so I can join the next!

_umbra_

Smash Champion
i'll think about it

idk if i'd want to pay for a tournament but if i'm really into shoddy at the time i probably will

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol c3gill, its reasons like that which is why you should enter the tourney, free money :)

anyway...

REGISTRATION IS UP!
check out the original post

and dont worry, the online reg works awesome. i even tested it out myself and paid myself with my credit card lol.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
People like this are the reason that I will NOT be entering your first tournament- I think I will wait to see how the first goes before entering one.

Hoping this goes well (and I will still be following it!), so I can join the next!
It dosn't matter, all of my pokemon are on pokemon Silver so they wouldn't be able to enter anyways.

But if they would... then it would be a different story.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It dosn't matter, all of my pokemon are on pokemon Silver so they wouldn't be able to enter anyways.

But if they would... then it would be a different story.
its done on shoddy battle, not diamond pearl. its a simulator for use on PC where you make ur team from menus instead of training them. you could essentially recreate ur silver team. though this plays by the platinum metagame, not the GSC one

Bladewing

Smash Apprentice
i'm not entering since i don't play this game anymore but if i did...

my sandstorm team will kill all your *****. also gay shoddy is gay. instead of working hard to level up your pokemon and getting good iv breeding and good ev training pokes on the ds, you use prebuilt pokemon. how gay is that?

but like i said i don't play this game anymore, so i really don't care.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I hope this is posted somewhere else other than Smashboards. You'll never get 64 entrants that way... I wish I had a credit card to use Pay-Pal effectively...

c3gill

Smash Ace
yea hey Chibo- throw this up on Smogon! honestly, youll easily fill 64 spots, and it will probabally give you a higher quality tournament. Additionally, if you dont wanna throw it up on Smogon, advertise it on Smogons Shoddy server! you might get some people interested in seeing Smashboards, and some will join just to play in your tourney! although i would wait a few days and let everyone on this site already register if they want to.......

just some thoughts :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i linked to it on the paid pokemon tourneys thread on smogon which gave me the idea to do this
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50599
though im not rly that big in the community there. i have 8 posts lol. i find their forums a lil bland and its hard to find places to post, so i lurk around and wait for new tourneys to pop up lol

advertising on shoddy is a good idea, il do that in a few days after some smashboards ppl sign up. other sites might be weary of signing up for a paid tourney somewhere they arent familiar with, and even more so if they see that im the only registered person lol. if they atleast see other smashboards users signed up, that will help.

i wasnt planning on hitting 64 entrants, the cap is more there for just incase. though if i did hit 64 entrants, that would be kind of awesome lol

if you dont have a credit card but u have a bank account, u can make a paypal account through that, or buy a pre-paid credit-card kind of thing at a store like cvs or something. i think its one of those american express gift card sorta things.

if you win and dont have a paypal account, i will pay you by mailing a check

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
this is just LOLOL.

i used to play pokes and was pretty **** good at it too, if i get ma money I'll consider joining this xD

edit: actually making your own thread, getting approval from tourny mods such as sonius and earthworm (ew being one of the best battlers ever) first, on the tournaments section could easily bump it to 64 entrants before the 27th. advertising it on the server is not a good idea, scrubs will just ban u >_< but smogon is the site with the most competitive pokemon atmosphere imo.

but i suppose getting as many ppl here first is a priority, being how this is the original place of the tournament

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
i'm not entering since i don't play this game anymore but if i did...

my sandstorm team will kill all your *****. also gay shoddy is gay. instead of working hard to level up your pokemon and getting good iv breeding and good ev training pokes on the ds, you use prebuilt pokemon. how gay is that?

but like i said i don't play this game anymore, so i really don't care.
Because breeding and EV training does not require any skill whatsoever, only multiple hours of wasted time. -_-

Kuja20

Smash Rookie
I would join if i werent dirt poor atm. Im looking and seeing that the registrations end 27th March, might join then cos i get paid then.

This seriously made me laugh:

Seriously people are gonna lose cos this guy has all pokes? lolol,

btw hai ZMT <3

Tacostames101

Smash Rookie
****... i don't have paypal so i can't.... ill still battle people if they want though... not to sound arrogant but i think i'd go far in this >>

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
if u have a credit card u can, or u could get an american express gift card which u pay cash for at a store like cvs and works like a credit card. or if u meet up with me before the date (i doubt u will though now that i think about it) u could give me the $6 in person lol. or if u rly want to, mail me a money order lol. i was rly hoping u would enter this

D

Deleted member

so why is chomp banned.

you know how I feel towards this sort of thing.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol i know how strongly u feel about the whole chomp being uber or OU debate

im just going by the standard rules currently set forth by smogon
especially considering this is the first tourney and want to get it rolling sooner than later, i would rather not have to waste time with debating on rules, as there are people on both sides of the camp. instead im just going with a rule list from a pretty good source that has already been tried and tested. maybe later i will unban him.

perhaps once the poke center here gets more popularity (being the site for the first paid tourney could rly help!) and gets more members we could have a PBR (lol), pokemon back room, and make our own rule list where we could change ubers around such as having chomp be OU or create new clauses, and study the metagame. maybe make our own shoddy server? too many good ideas

Mind

Smash Rookie
I wish i could join, but i don't have anything like paypal or american paysomething, since i come from europe.

Tacostames101

Smash Rookie
Do I know you from somewhere?....
pacostames101 from marriland i don't think we ever actually battled though.

o and chibo is manaphy and latios allowed since they're suspect?

and chomp was banned b/c only two pokes resist his combination of STAB moves and he can tank better than swampert, while being a monster if set up. if you don't believe me IM me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom