• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chess With Your Power 2.0 - IT BEGINS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
I personally like the idea of top 3 (or better, IMO, 2) people from each group having a "winners' bracket" match better that top one from each pool. Maybe we can try that next tournament, whenever that may be. Anyway, looking forward to this tourney. Good luck everyone!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Nothing's been decided yet. Top 2 go through to a group of 4 sounds better.

Waiting on

Jugfingers
Elder Sister
and Yoshiman

edit: Yoshiman has accepted. Group B is underway. Group A waiting on Elder Sister and Jugfingers.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
ight ive accepted , don't be fooled by my rating on chess.com I only use it for blitz

im rated around 1700 in 30 min games on chessmaniac.com and have beaten +1900 players in otb tournaments

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Only Elder Sister to accept and then Group A can start too.

cemo

white walker
yeah, i've been trying to pick up 5/0 chess.
...been losing a lot on time, and winning a few times with under 10 seconds left. :x

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
yeah, i've been trying to pick up 5/0 chess.
...been losing a lot on time, and winning a few times with under 10 seconds left. :x
Oh, I tend to play 3/0 and 10/0 chess. I seem to have trouble adjusting to 5/0 for some reason...either I play too fast and make mistakes or I play too slowly and lose on time. :(

cemo

white walker
I used to play 10/0 when I first started but it was too fast for me then, went to 10/3, then 15/10 for longer games. I wanna eventually get down to bullet chess, though.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
I used to play 10/0 when I first started but it was too fast for me then, went to 10/3, then 15/10 for longer games. I wanna eventually get down to bullet chess, though.
10/0 = Too fast for you?!

Bullet chess is fun, but I don't think much of it other than 'throwing' your pieces on the board. There's hardly any thinking involved...

cemo

white walker
Well if i can see through a position fast I can see through it better with some time! (:
And it -was- too fast. Not anymore, though.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
If Elder Sister doesn't respond by tonight, does anyone know of anyone that could fill in that last place?

ru5514n

Smash Ace
10/0 is just about right for playing online. 5/0 is a little too fast to play over the internet, and any faster time control gets too chaotic, and I end up misclicking something. And I never even tried to play with additional time incriments.

cemo

white walker
At least 5/0 is nice when people decide to waste away their time after they realize they've lost, you only have to wait a couple minutes.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I think I'm going to just invite someone on my friends list on chess.com to take up the last place in Group A.

I wanted to keep it to just smashboards users, but they've had 3 days now to get in touch.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
I think I'm going to just invite someone on my friends list on chess.com to take up the last place in Group A.

I wanted to keep it to just smashboards users, but they've had 3 days now to get in touch.
Good idea. Or is it possible to invite DMG, if he isn't too busy?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I invited some random guy from live chess lol.

Good luck!

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
One game each in my group. Will we have new games with the sides swapped in the next round?

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
I'm so screwed... I haven't played in a while now..

And I'm already in bad positions in 2 games. xD

-Terywj
Tell me about it. I haven't played in months, I'm so rusty right now. SmooveJenkins and KittyJones are the two games I'm worried about at the moment. Smoove's got a strong attack against my king, but I think I can live through it with at least an extra minor piece, we'll see.

Sorry, not sure who's who in the thread and the games, unless the names match.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
OlimarFan = Kitty Jones

Smoove = random guy I invited to join from live chess to make up the numbers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom