• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

cheapest team tactic with team-attack off?

samdaballer

Smash Ace
hey guys, my friend and i were playing teams with team attack off just for the hell of it and tried to come up with the cheapest tactic to win. Any ideas?

B!squick

Smash Master
Let's see. I'm not sure about the cheapest, but I know of things that work well:

Someone to grab -> Someone to smash, DK's Donkey Punch work though you need to plan that one ahead of time.

Bowser's Firebreath -> Smash attack, Donkey Punch, same idea only with the chance of catching them both in the fire. It can work with Charizard's too, but Bowser's is harder to get out of.

MK's Tornado -> Strong aerial, I think Ike has the strongest, but any heavy will do really. And if you to just tack on damage I'm sure Ganon's DAir would work best for that.

Snake's C4 + Teammate = Fun for you! :D

That's all I can think of at the moment.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
So... the other person's teammate is just going to watch while you do this? O.o?
You misunderstand. Imagine this:

Dedede 1 grabs Mario, Dedede 2 grabs Peach.

They both Down Throw, alternate and regrab the OTHER person's grabbed opponent.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Put two people with a projectile on a team, and have one of them have a reflector for good measure.

XienZo

Smash Lord
You misunderstand. Imagine this:

Dedede 1 grabs Mario, Dedede 2 grabs Peach.

They both Down Throw, alternate and regrab the OTHER person's grabbed opponent.
You can do that with team attack ON though, so it doesn't quite have that "LOLOLOLOL I CAN HIT YOU THROUGH MY PARTNER" feeling.

Although it is pretty win otherwise. Like the Yes Chain.

Kief

Smash Ace
cheapest, funniest, and most effective would have to be: ganon choke>falco laserlock>ganon punch

thats all win. gonna have to be 2 on 1 though.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
I don't know about the cheapest, but the YES CHAIN is sure as hell the most epic.
REALLY EPIC

my personal favorite is also with a falcon team.

The two falcons get their opponent (one left) in a grab cycle (grab/release spam at close range [escabable by jump escape i think?]) and then once at around 60% one holds and
"FALCON PAWNCH" my cousin and I do this all the time.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
falco and marth...

falco spams lazer while marth spams fair... unapproachable undodgeable and unbeatable 2 on 2 or not.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
uhhh get rid of one player both of you have to be dedede and just chain grab the guy back and forth LOL so much fun can do it forever then when u think he has had enough FINISH HIM OFF DESTROY HIM LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

just throw him up or backword oh yeah me and my bro get all credit for this team tactic we also have more that are much more painful but they are secret

Hyro

Smash Lord
Lucas + Lucario, Lucas can heal Lucario.

Snake + Meta, Snake puts a CF on Meta, Meta tornados the opponent and Snake blows.

Toon Link + anyone, Toon Link dairs by partner who is charging smash, partner does a sliding charged up smash.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
uhhh get rid of one player both of you have to be dedede and just chain grab the guy back and forth LOL so much fun can do it forever then when u think he has had enough FINISH HIM OFF DESTROY HIM LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

just throw him up or backword oh yeah me and my bro get all credit for this team tactic we also have more that are much more painful but they are secret
You can do it with two people,just have them placed perfectly and be synced.

Wobo Combo spoof is imminent.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
cant like... any charecter with a reflector destroy that combo?

im thinking.... pit?

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
We have a reflector battle,Falco can keep spamming Down B,but Pit cannot keep his reflectors up forever.
It depends on the distance actually.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
We have a reflector battle,Falco can keep spamming Down B,but Pit cannot keep his reflectors up forever.
he shouldnt have to... i thought that falcos lazers had hitstun...

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
NO,they reflect the same lazer,And it will hurt alot whoever gets hit

1 Falco against 1 Pit=Depends on distance

2 Falco 2 Pits equal=Pit wins reflector battle.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Team Attack off? Ike+DDD. When one grabs, the other charges FSmash

bobson

Smash Lord
Dual Metaknights each using Mach Tornado at separate intervals so that it becomes inescapable is possibly the reason why friendly fire is on by default in teams.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I think Pit can keep his reflectors up forever. At least the mirror shield.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Since Chain Grabs are already the cheapest thing ever, Team Chain Grabs would have to be even more cheap. I'd probably suicide if I got trapped by dual-Dededes. Oh wait, I couldn't! They'd grab me before I suicided! And I'd never be able to escape to run away!

Top Bottom