• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charge Beam DI: A New AT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I don't think there's anything wrong with researching the technique.
If it's a dead end it's a dead end.
Does it really matter if someone spends a couple days trying to reproduce it?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I tried this out of pure curiosity with techs. After attempting it many times and thinking about it. It's not possible. The only reason Pit can change direction of his arrows, is because he has control of them when they leave him. You have the option of looping them and such. Bear with me herem I know this wasn't anything like that. But what I'm saying is, he still has that control. Where as Samus's Charge Shot, once it leaves...it's on a predetermined path unless reflected, shielded, or anything that woulc cause an interference. Sorry, but it's not possible.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
This phenomenon is not new in the slightest. The board's leading technical experts and pioneers, rohins and myself, n00b, have already investigated the anomalies of the charge shot trajectories.

Our results were inconclusive for the longest, until rohins discovered the specific input to trigger a "loop"ing path in the shot.

Right as the shot leaves Samus's cannon, U HAF 2 UP B. The up B input combined with the airborne reverse momentum (think Newton's third law) will cause the spin attack's torque around its initial hitbox to transfer to the charge shot, since Samus's animation is stuck in recoil from the gun. This results in an upward looping path of the charge shot. The reason it has a large, sweeping curve for its trajectory is because a fully charged charge shot has a larger radius and higher mass than Samus herself. This is explained by the tightness of her Up B spinning as a result of her tucking her body in, reducing her corporeal radius, which consequently increases her tangential velocity of the screw attack. You can see the difference in mass between Samus's charge shot and herself, because Samus's dash attack (she hits with her whole body) does not have anywhere near the knockback of a full charge shot. (F = ma, where m is mass and A = acceleration. Samus's dash attack and charge shot move almost at equal speeds, meaning the difference in force is due to the increased mass of the charge shot)

The phenomenon is further detailed in the following thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6612170

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
This phenomenon is not new in the slightest. The board's leading technical experts and pioneers, rohins and myself, n00b, have already investigated the anomalies of the charge shot trajectories.

Our results were inconclusive for the longest, until rohins discovered the specific input to trigger a "loop"ing path in the shot.

Right as the shot leaves Samus's cannon, U HAF 2 UP B. The up B input combined with the airborne reverse momentum (think Newton's third law) will cause the spin attack's torque around its initial hitbox to transfer to the charge shot, since Samus's animation is stuck in recoil from the gun. This results in an upward looping path of the charge shot. The reason it has a large, sweeping curve for its trajectory is because a fully charged charge shot has a larger radius and higher mass than Samus herself. This is explained by the tightness of her Up B spinning as a result of her tucking her body in, reducing her corporeal radius, which consequently increases her tangential velocity of the screw attack. You can see the difference in mass between Samus's charge shot and herself, because Samus's dash attack (she hits with her whole body) does not have anywhere near the knockback of a full charge shot. (F = ma, where m is mass and A = acceleration. Samus's dash attack and charge shot move almost at equal speeds, meaning the difference in force is due to the increased mass of the charge shot)

The phenomenon is further detailed in the following thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6612170
I lol'ed XD. Talk about applying physics to a problem with no solution. Well done.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
rofl nice, problem nearing being solved? lol
*drools at posibility of curving downwards* then that olimar can die.
so does that actually work? fully charged shot then upB? mind games baby!

and hang on...if you're applying physics then E=MC^2 must work, so all the energy in the charge shot MUST kill in one!

EDIT: I can't do it, I don't think the UpB worked

OverlordCrono

Smash Cadet
Well, I tried...

I've been constantly at it for a while now, and I just cannot get it to trigger again. I guess it maybe was a one-time glitch or something. It's my fault anyway for not asking to save the replay, at least I would have had evidence.

I want to apologize for being unable to recreate it for use, It really must have been a fluke, then. Sorry for not coming up with anything, you may lock this if you wish. :(

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Overlord Crono, what do you use to jump?

And did the camera angle change around the time you fired the beam?

Uffe

Smash Hero
**** it! I thought xoxokev actually had something. Anyway, this would be great to see on a video. For it to curve up like that is interesting. Well, you know you did a short hop and fired away. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Or maybe the edge on Battlefield had something to do with it.

There was a video of Ness' PKT hitting the platform on Smashville and just slide against it and continued downward. Of course I can't find the video for some reason. I do believe the Bowser boards found something useful for Bowser that had to do with the platforms on Battlefield, too. I don't know. Maybe it has nothing to do with the platforms. It's just a thought.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
If it ever happens to me again, I'll quit the match and record it, 'cause the Super Missile thing was pretty weird.

However, I do request that, in order to prevent this thread from being stupid, that you should all, y'know, now post any links unless they turn out to be true and helpful?

I will report posts that are made to mock as spam. Good day, all.

Holms

Smash Ace
I never considered playing samus so seriously until I saw that E3 trailer. Samus is frickin' top tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom