• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you think are really bad

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I've played with all the roster, the only one I found lacking in great killing moves was Jigglypuff. Such a waste.

Megaman sucks but he has great air moves, his throw and the uppercut.

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
I dont think Ganon is bad. His side b can follow up with anything since youre guaranteed to be right in front of him because you cannot DI it to the opposite side of him (unless you can, im not sure. Can someone tell me). His attacks are also a lot stronger

Lichi

This is my war snarl
Ganondorf is not as much of a joke as he was in Brawl, but he's still weak. His strong attacks don't allow combos except for the single side-b grab into down tilt (most common). So you walk around as a big, slow target that relies on hitting opponents with 4-6 strong individual attacks while the enemy is in full control over their character. Not a fan.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I actually find this :4ness: to be the best I've ever played. Short-hop FAirs feel unusually safe in this game and PK Thunders seem to bring people into easy set-ups for NAirs, UAirs, or BAirs. And who needs to land Smashes when you have Back Throw? Heck you can re-PK Thunder yourself once after hitting yourself into a wall with one.

For :4luigi:, I don't think he's super bad or anything, but that air speed is seriously holding him back.
:4wiifit:/:4wiifitm:'s attacks really need more range. Having hitboxes behind them during most attacks is interesting though.
:4palutena: seems rather easy for me to overestimate as an opponent, customs or not. Or perhaps I'm just facing the wrong ones?

:4ganondorf: isn't :ganondorf:, but not really :ganondorfmelee: either. It's difficult to consider him as a competitive threat.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
this thread is horrible

There's legitimately no logic behind most of these choices

"I think Lucario is bad" despite Lucario getting nothing but buffs.

"I think Palutena is bad" despite her having a good moveset and slow tilt attacks, a 100% uptime reflector and one of the best counters and recoveries in the game just in her default moveset.

"I think Ike is good" despite Ike being thoroughly ignored moveset wise.

Meanwhile,

Zelda and Ganondorf still exist and hardly anyone has mentioned these two

I am so glad this isn't in competitive discussion :s

D

Deleted member

:4gaw:For me has gotten some of the worst nerfs of the bunch, due to his arials getting more landing lag and losing a lot of priority. Especially the key seems useless at this point, which is really disappointing to me. It's an early opinion though, and I'm sure I can find out a way to still play him well.

:4palutena:Isn't very good either, but I'll still use her. I like the character a lot.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I challenge anyone who says Falco, Mario, and Olimar are bad.

Zero_Gravity

Smash Rookie
Only character in my opinion that is really bad is Little Mac. Only because I like characters with good air games. They meta has to develop before any final decisions are made, but honestly in my experience... once you get Little Mac far enough off of the stage he's pretty much done for. After that it's gimping, and air juggling galore.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
How do you get him off stage when his footsies are better then yours? And his smashes can blow through any attack you try thanks to hyper armor?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
You cant be serious

Greninja and mac? You are on drugs
I can be. Mac is so easily and so readily gimped, and his ground game is super hyped up. Any character with a good canceling aerial game and mobility will shut him down it a second.
As for Greninja, I suppose I just haven't encountered a good one, nor have I seen the utility of his moveset when I have used him.

Edit: Ha, I guess I should press the 'check new messages' button before I post.

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
:4palutena: - She's not actually any good. Lots of us thought she'd be broken, but nope.
:4zelda: - Still my main, but hell, she ain't "good" yet. Nowhere near it.
:4littlemac: - His air game really is that bad. Although I lose most matches to him due to the Zelda/LMac match-up being just horrid, he's kind of crappy. Especially with how easy it is to SD with him. (Dat side B)
:4megaman: - Even Nintendo couldn't revive mega-man :laugh:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Dammit people judge the tools not your personal experience. His ground game is not overhyped. He has legit combos into death something other characters just dont have and the hitconfirm from dtilt is stupid easy.

Ugh.

Xkyckyckycvlhvtxkck ugh kgx

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
How do you get him off stage when his footsies are better then yours? And his smashes can blow through any attack you try thanks to hyper armor?
I don't know how to answer this. Perhaps you're right, but they've never been enough. He has a 'royzone' close when he uses the smash attacks, and they can be easily read when you're just out of jab/tilt range. His endlag is enough to be punished, and if you hit him just once it's pretty much goodnight.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Dammit people judge the tools not your personal experience. His ground game is not overhyped. He has legit combos into death something other characters just dont have and the hitconfirm from dtilt is stupid easy.
Yeah, but his air game is actually that bad.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
So...dont jump? Is it that hard? He doesnt need to jump. Ever

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
Only truly bad one I can think of is Ganadorf, literally everyone else is somewhat viable

Last edited:

Clemente

Smash Journeyman
Judging from me playing them and playing against them, these are the worst imo: :4wiifit::4palutena::4olimar::4ness::4megaman:
What?! Ness is awesome!

Palutena seems easy to beat so far, but I'm probably not qualified on saying which characters are "bad".

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Yo :4metaknight:, :4myfriends:, :4greninja:, :4littlemac:, :4link:, :4lucina:, :4marth:, :4zelda:, :4ness:, :4megaman:, :4ganondorf:, :4charizard:, 'n' :4robinm: is hot trash tho

Why are Link and Robin there? There both really fun. I guess people think some characters are bad because they can't play them.

I think that all, if not most, characters are all good and it all really depends on the players style.

Characters I think are bad but can't play include :4palutena: but that is just because she is slightly slower than I execpted, not drop dead bad but I need practice and :4shulk: because for the love of me, I can not space him out properly. When ever I verse a Lv9 CPU :4shulk: he always end ups KOing me with vision just as I am about to finish him and I always hits me, but when I do the smae thing back, I always miss time the counter, leaving me open and when I do land the counter, I always miss the opponent. It's so frustrating.

However, Characters think people are going to have a hard time main are :4ganondorf::4megaman:. When ever I vs CPU :4megaman:, he uses his leaf shield move, I hit him and he goes and dies of stage cause he is too low to recover. :4ganondorf: because his to slow. Way to slow. Also I found that it doesn't what character I play, the all feel like they are with pillows. I wonder why.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
I think smashed 4 is the most balanced yet. Lots of good stuff here. Almost everything I hate turns out to have some good aspects. However I still feel mii sword fighter sucks. Look at its move set look at link. Then realize its ground and air game are inferior to link. Which makes it a crappy Link.
Shulk is extremely dangerous but hard to utilize. If I had a GameCube controller he'd be so dirty. Wii fit trainer actually has a grab game due to roll canceled grabs. Olimar is effected as well I believe.

Ganon seems to lack options the better people get. He has multiple unwieldy moves tons of lag, flame choke getting teched however I think he has grabs.
There are tons of counter users as well and if Shulk & Lucario take off two characters you never want to counter you (especially Shulk) its a wrap.
IMO high-end Shulk play will eat Bowser, Ganon and DK come later on. He visions you die from even 20%.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Mii Sword fighter is so bad. His normals are ass and his specials are too. Gunner has all these great traps and zoning options and brawler has great specials and mobility.

Swords fighter is TRASH.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Why are Link and Robin there? There both really fun. I guess people think some characters are bad because they can't play them.

I think that all, if not most, characters are all good and it all really depends on the players style.

Characters I think are bad but can't play include :4palutena: but that is just because she is slightly slower than I execpted, not drop dead bad but I need practice and :4shulk: because for the love of me, I can not space him out properly. When ever I verse a Lv9 CPU :4shulk: he always end ups KOing me with vision just as I am about to finish him and I always hits me, but when I do the smae thing back, I always miss time the counter, leaving me open and when I do land the counter, I always miss the opponent. It's so frustrating.

However, Characters think people are going to have a hard time main are :4ganondorf::4megaman:. When ever I vs CPU :4megaman:, he uses his leaf shield move, I hit him and he goes and dies of stage cause he is too low to recover. :4ganondorf: because his to slow. Way to slow. Also I found that it doesn't what character I play, the all feel like they are with pillows. I wonder why.
Link is there because, despite his buffs, he doesn't have any safe neutral options, maybe besides jab or a properly spaced d-tilt. But, generally, if they shield any of Link's moves up close there is no recourse, and he will be hit. Sure, we have nair and bair on taller characters, but the low ones gonna body him. He has no air game besides. Robin is there because, despite his moveset being generally useful, he has to be precise with his aerials, and he's majorly slow movement wise. Thunder is good, elfire is PK Fire plus. Hmm, well, maybe Robin isn't so bad.

Yeah, I had major problems with Shulk CPU, but trust that he can be spaced out and he is very punishable. Just look for the spaces he's not/can't cover.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Fire breath you mean? is this some kind of custom move?
No. Charizard has a new move in this game called Flare Blitz. It's his new side-b (normal move, not custom). It charges for nearly half a second (causing barely any recoil) and then shoots accross the length of Final Destination. If the opponent isn't shielding or countering, they're gonna get sent far. Trust me.

Azew

Smash Lord
:4wiifit:: Her moves are very weak, I guess if she was fast enough she could be decent, but she isn't (Unrelated to her performance, Her voice when she is in pain makes me feel terrible

:4ganondorf:: Not as bad as in Brawl, but still has all the same problems

Last edited:

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
No. Charizard has a new move in this game called Flare Blitz. It's his new side-b (normal move, not custom). It charges for nearly half a second (causing barely any recoil) and then shoots accross the length of Final Destination. If the opponent isn't shielding or countering, they're gonna get sent far. Trust me.
Alright I goofed around with it a bit in a few games with Meta Knight Level 9. It's a little more than a second charge up, it appears, and even if you land it (seems to do 19% damage?) it leaves you pretty vulnerable (laying on the ground defenseless) - it's yet another high lag, powerful move that Charizard has no shortage of, that doesn't help him create space at all. I think it might be more useful as a second recovery move than as a finisher, to make his recovery a bit less predictable - that's what I was using it for mostly in the matches I played. So you're right, this makes Lizardon a bit more effective but it's hardly an OP move. It's like a slightly less laggy Falcon Punch that moves - very powerful but very telegraphed.

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I think megaman is being severely underrated here. He has among the best midrange zoning and anti-spam games in the game so far, as well as very strong disjointed anti air and edgeguarding tools. Most people just suck with him so far.

Top Bottom