• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you think are really bad

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Who is the worst character in Smash 4? I think that :4lucario: and :4ness: are really bad. But that´s just my opinion.
What character do you guys find the worst?

harbinqer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5343-9989-0010
I'm not at all a fan of :4wiifit: / :4wiifitm:
Just have very empty movesets and are extremely floaty
Thaaat's just me though

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
I'm not at all a fan of :4wiifit: / :4wiifitm:
Just have very empty movesets and are extremely floaty
Thaaat's just me though

I haven´t tried :4wiifit:, and I will not try her. I have met about 22 :4wiifit: in for glory. I won all those matches, and I two stocked the opponent in 19 of those matches. They were either terrible or the :4wiifit: is a terrible character. All in all, they where terrible.

harbinqer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5343-9989-0010
Not a shock whatsoever
Only ran into about 3 :4wiifit: and I 2 stocked all of them
Absolutely pitiful :/

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488
I played a decent :4wiifit:, but I would agree she doesn't seem that great. Aside from her I would put :4olimar: in there as well. He doesn't seem to be nearly as good as he was in the last game.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
I played a decent :4wiifit:, but I would agree she doesn't seem that great. Aside from her I would put :4olimar: in there as well. He doesn't seem to be nearly as good as he was in the last game.
I don´t think Olimar is bad, one of my friends has a mean Olimar! It depends on how you use him. But that is just my opinion.
I don´t play Olimar, I only play against him from time to time.

harbinqer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5343-9989-0010
Yeah definitely
I've literally only played 1 good :4olimar: out of the occasional few I've encountered and even then he couldn't keep up

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
Not a big fan of :4ness: , which sucks cause I loved him so much in brawl. And there are a couple things about :4fox: that they changed from brawl that I need to get used to but that's about it.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
:4lucario: is one of the best characters in the game, IMO

As for what characters I think are bad, hm... :4charizard:, :4palutena:, :4zelda: and :substitute:

It sucks because :4palutena: with custom moveset is pretty damn fun and not sucky to play, but her default moveset isn't that great IMO.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
:4falco: is flat out terrible, everything that was good about him has been nerfed to hell, suddenly he's left with a terrible air-game, abysmal landing lag, and no way to properly rack up percentages.

:4megaman: has a lot of trouble getting opponents away from him because of the lack of a proper f-tilt and n-air. He is also extremely predictable.

:4palutena: just doesn't have many good things about her, her u-smash is great but that's about it, otherwise she's very slow and doesn't hit especially hard to make up for it.

:4wiifit: doesn't have good hitboxes at all, she needs to get all the way into people to do anything. On top of that she hits as hard as a pillow, it's so hard to KO with her. She also has the worst recovery in the game, at least Little Mac's can hurt you, WFT's goes almost no distance and is so gimpable.

Other characters that aren't too impressive include :4gaw::4myfriends::4marth::4ness::4pikachu::4tlink::4zelda:, though I wouldn't call them horrible.

Last edited:

Lichi

This is my war snarl
:falco: does really seem to be destroyed. Though I haven't met too many opponents picking him and I don't know how good they'd be compared to me with any other character, but they all performed very poorly. He's slow and clumsy and there seems to be little room for effective comboing. Being very vulnerable to easy punishment is his main problem I'd say.

:4myfriends:is still very disappointing to play. In 4 player matches he can shine by easily blasting a bunch of people into the skies with a single smash, but that's all he has going for him. In 1vs1 scenarios he lacks fast attacks with little knockback to rack up some damage or interrupt enemies. Also I am not a fan of relying on two recovery moves that either go (almost) exclusively horizontal or vertical.

Last edited:

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
:falco: does really seem to be destroyed. Though I haven't met too many opponents picking him and I don't know how good they'd be compared to me with any other character, but they all performed very poorly. He's slow and clumsy and there seems to be little room for effective comboing. Being very vulnerable to easy punishment is his main problem I'd say.

I´ve met some :4falco: in for glory. They where all terrible. I´ve battled many skilled falco players in melee tho.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
:4myfriends:: This game seems to prioritize gimping and this guy is gonna have a bad day with that. I've only faced one online so far and absolutely destroyed them with Pikachu.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Palutena is the worst character in Smash Bros history. Her default b moves are almost completely useless. Only one of them is offensive, and it's not powerful in the slightest.

They completely gimped her. She could have been quite powerful with some of the other b moves they gave her.

I don't know what planet some of you guys are on, Ike is easily one of the most powerful characters on the game.

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
i dont get why people are saying :4ness: is so bad i feel hes much better than he was in brawl. his forward air is godly, and his back throw can still kill so i like to rack up % then do a back throw. maybe thats just how I play though...but he's not bad. i tried to main :4wiifit:but her hitbox is so weird. i do like her sun salutation though. but i lost more than i won using her so i had to switch.

other people i think are bad? :4luigi:is same as brawl aka unimpressive. :4pikachu:is cheap as hell and :4metaknight:has been hit with a pretty harsh nerfhammer (doesn't mean he's not usable, just not as f***ing broken)

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
I thnk the worst characters are. NOTE: These characters can all preform really well played by a good player.
:4pikachu: - Pikachu has good mobility but lacks kill moves. he has Up-smash but that is SO predictable and easy to avoid. even his Thunder Is pretty awful in this game. The meteor effect the cloud god doesn't help much either.
:4palutena:- I think what everyone thinks about her is true. her default specials are kinda bad and she is really slow.
:4luigi:- This one could be a bit controversial, but I feel like he is WAY to slow and floaty. he's got good recovery tools but not enough kill potential.
:4megaman: - His range is kinda bad, Like pikachu and Luigi, he lacks kill moves. he seems like he would be a very good character if the Ledge mechanic from previous iterations were back.
:4myfriends:- Slow & Predictable. I feel like his aerials were nerfed from how they were in brawl. his smash attacks are still good though.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
:4olimar:Never liked him
:4wario2:^
:4pikachu:I like him better, but I still HATE his specials
:4ganondorf:Still slow and bad moveset

NOTE: Haven't unlocked any custom moves for any of these guys

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Who I think is the worst...

If I had to pick, it would be :4palutena:. Not because I don't like her, I actually like her default moveset, and I like her as a character. What I hate about her, is the fact that all of her customs are entirely new attacks. It's understandable for :4mii: to have entirely new moves as customs, because they are supposed to be customizable avatars. There is no justification for giving :4palutena: all new moves. That development time to give her moves like Angelic Missile, Heavenly Light, Rocket Jump, etc. could have easily gone into development time for other, more important things.

Last edited:

Solarman

Smash Cadet
:4drmario:He just feels meh compared to normal Mario. His Fair is just no where near as good as it was in melee. And his recovery is bad like melee

:4wiifit:She feels awkward and her smashes just seem like they have weird hurt boxes. She also has a fairly predictable recovery.

:4olimar:He got nerfed hard as he can't have as many pikmin who all feel allot more laggy and he feels a lot slower.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
There are only a select few characters that I really don't think are any good.

Palutena is slow and her moves are extremely difficult to land, let alone get KOs.

Dark Pit relies on a very small set of moves to KO as well, primarily b-air which is ridiculously hard to land. Dark Pit is fun to play but I can't finish stocks. The damage is there but... no KO power.

It also may just be the people I play against, but I can read Bowser Jr/koopalings way too easily.

Default Ike and Ganon have the damage and KO power they need but landing a hit when rolls are so stupid fast is nearly impossible against decent players. I prefer customizing them to prioritize speed, and that makes them playable (fast Ganon is terrifying).

Falco also feels too dangerous to play. His range is... pretty bad. Lasers glue him down, his speed is pathetic, and he's easily spaced. A little speed boost from equipment pretty much fixed this problem.

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
I want to like Wii Fit Trainer so much and she was the one I wanted to main at first but it feels impossible for me to do so. She's incredibly weak and feels so floaty to use.

Falco also feels nerfed to the underworld, which is a shame because I really liked playing him in previous iterations. Palutena though, Palutena is perhaps the most wasted potential of a character. None of her specials have any synergy and despite having some really good moves she feels more like a gimmick than an actual character.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Zelda definitely still sucks, albeit a tad less so than in Brawl. Samus is still pretty weak too, and Palutena is pretty underwhelming (though damn, that USmash!)

I'm surprised at how many people are saying Wii Fit Trainer - IMO she seems pretty decent, even if her grab range is terrible.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
:4myfriends:Is the big one. He seems prettymuch unchanged from Brawl, and that hurts him, especially in the recovery department. If he gets hit offstage he ain't coming back, and Smash 4 looks like it's gonna be very offstage-centric. Yes he's heavy with high kill power, but you could also just play :4bowser::4charizard::4dedede::4dk::4wario2:and get better results. Just doesn't have much going for him, I feel.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
No matter how hard I try, I can't get a single KO with:4robinm:or:4darkpit: or:4diddy:but that's just me.
Well I really flop hard whenever I play as Greninja. I guess he just needs a more delicate touch but whenever I attack with him I feel like I might as well be hitting people with a pillow.

He's definitely nimble though that's for sure.

Last edited:

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
:4myfriends:Is the big one. He seems prettymuch unchanged from Brawl, and that hurts him, especially in the recovery department. If he gets hit offstage he ain't coming back, and Smash 4 looks like it's gonna be very offstage-centric. Yes he's heavy with high kill power, but you could also just play :4bowser::4charizard::4dedede::4dk::4wario2:and get better results. Just doesn't have much going for him, I feel.
I agree about Ike, I´ve met a few Ike players in for glory. They couldn´t keep up with Jigglypuff. Get :4myfriends: offstage and he´s done for. But that´s just me, I´ve bet that there are many skilled :4myfriends: that I haven´t met yet.

Shog

Smash Ace
People, fight Little Mac:4littlemac: in Battlefield, it is ridiculous how easier you win against him. His Aerial Moveset is pathetic and the player I faced had to use Counter to approach, which considering I used Samus with the ranged grab, was a hilarious easy matchup. Little Mac being so dependent on the stage makes him weak in my opinion. Although in FD he kicks your butt for sure.

Sadly for me :4luigi: seems to be nerfed too. And it is a shame because he finally got the Anime Yellowblue Colorscheme.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
:4luigi: for me. He was floaty is Brawl, but he sort of fitted there since Brawl was floaty in general. Now Smash 3DS is less floatier than Brawl but Luigi was made floatier himself, so he feels slow as molasses. Probably the worst nerf I've felt so far (although I have yet to try out every character).

Top Bottom