• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you don't want to see in Brawl!

Gold Fire

Smash Rookie
Wait a minute guys, Smash is one of the greatest games Nintendo has bragging rights about, it practically honors the history behind loving the characters behind Nintendo, and now Nintendo is welcoming all the competition to enter its greatest Nintendo fighter. WTF, im a pissed off fanboy, we cant really brag about having the greatest fighter now that we have all these third party characters joining the boat. They might as well add every single character in the universe and release it for all consoles, or at least the ps3, AT LEAST it would look better. Think about that for a moment, because adding all these characters in smash makes it seem like it should be for every single system. A lot of people agree with adding cloud into the game yet he hasnt even been on a nintendo console, does that make sense? It does if you all can agree that Nintendo, the cocky gaming company, are a bunch of sell outs just for the money or publicity..

the Marronator

Smash Ace
The only character I would not want to have in SSBB would be megaman. He ruined my childhood ;_;

I also can't imagine some crappy, half-*** graphic piece of **** like him in Brawl. :laugh: Just joking. I just had to say that, so don't mind me. But the first part I think still holds true for me.

Gold Fire

Smash Rookie
smash+3rd party characters-the possibility of not having all the melee characters coming back = super smash bros brawl, only for the ps3

Umbrahnoir

Smash Rookie
Gold Fire said:
Wait a minute guys, Smash is one of the greatest games Nintendo has bragging rights about, it practically honors the history behind loving the characters behind Nintendo, and now Nintendo is welcoming all the competition to enter its greatest Nintendo fighter. WTF, im a pissed off fanboy, we cant really brag about having the greatest fighter now that we have all these third party characters joining the boat. They might as well add every single character in the universe and release it for all consoles, or at least the ps3, AT LEAST it would look better. Think about that for a moment, because adding all these characters in smash makes it seem like it should be for every single system. A lot of people agree with adding cloud into the game yet he hasnt even been on a nintendo console, does that make sense? It does if you all can agree that Nintendo, the cocky gaming company, are a bunch of sell outs just for the money or publicity..
you sir are an idiot wtf just leave SSB was originally a PR game anyway and besides the characters they add in are probably going to be associated with nintendo anyway so what if that character was also on the PS1 or PS2 it doesn't f'ing matter they were on the nintendo console even if it was the NES or SNES when square still worked with nintendo those were some good days too so your saying just because they're bringing more characters into the mix the games gonna suck than YOU can leave turn off your computer walk out the door and leave your house. :uzi: :rocket:

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
People I DON'T want to see in brawl- ANYONE FROM SONIC SERIES!!! God I can't imagine having a blue little hedgehog in smash, it would ruin the whole game. And also I agree with the whole no more Pokemon thing.. except we need Jigglypuff and Pikachu no exceptions.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Ridley.

That's pretty much it for me.. I just can't picture a big purple dragon as a fighter... Ever.

Sensai

Smash Master
BentoBox said:
Ridley.

That's pretty much it for me.. I just can't picture a big purple dragon as a fighter... Ever.
The problem with Ridley that NO one notices:

HE'S BIG FOOKIN' BIG!

Umbrahnoir

Smash Rookie
Sensai said:
This is coming from the person who has NO punctuation in his entire spiel, save an apostrophe.

I disagree; YOU, sir, are the idiot.
[sigh](-.-') k my bad.....i have problems with grammer thus why i have a B in english not an A what kind of an asian am I.....(WTH spiel?)

Sensai

Smash Master
Umbrahnoir said:
[sigh](-.-') k my bad.....i have problems with grammer thus why i have a B in english not an A what kind of an asian am I.....(WTH spiel?)
Haha, it was a joke, obviously. No one can possibly expect all the grammar to be perfect, and that's why I threw in that word, to show that I know that...

....ah hell, it's a waste of time.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright for me it's
Toad (**** TOAD I HATE YOU TOAD)
Anything remotely similar to Toad (I'm lookin' at you, Toadette)
Waluigi (You suck, Waluigi)
Petey Pirahna (...)
Sonic and co.
Third parties in general. (It makes me mad for some reason, like the integrity of the game has been ruined)

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Dunno if anybody said this but I really don't wanna see anymore **** cute pokemon. Mewtwo's at least not so cuddly and all that, too bad he licks balls. But we have one that waves like an idiot, one that has a ceizure on the floor and one that looks like a marshmallow with a bow on its head who's so eager to give BJ's that it blows on oxygen. At least it pwns though.

Gold Fire

Smash Rookie
Sensai said:
This is coming from the person who has NO punctuation in his entire spiel, save an apostrophe.

I disagree; YOU, sir, are the idiot.

Well said sir, well said, I thank you..

Gold Fire

Smash Rookie
Umbrahnoir said:
you sir are an idiot wtf just leave SSB was originally a PR game anyway and besides the characters they add in are probably going to be associated with nintendo anyway so what if that character was also on the PS1 or PS2 it doesn't f'ing matter they were on the nintendo console even if it was the NES or SNES when square still worked with nintendo those were some good days too so your saying just because they're bringing more characters into the mix the games gonna suck than YOU can leave turn off your computer walk out the door and leave your house. :uzi: :rocket:
And I didn't say anything about the game being weak, I just stated that it will ruin the bragging rights that were once owned by Nintendo fans because we're leaching into other non nintendo characters you idiot. Also you know nothing about me except that I'm on smash boards, so if you want to make a third grade insult towards me about going outside you should do some research first, then write it out in proper english ******. I mean, at least completely read it out, there is nothing there stating i said the game was crap.. yet you come at me with bs facts that everyone and their mama's already know about as if you were intelligent. Wow, you really made me feel dumb, everyone knows snake was on the nes you fool, when's the last time you saw a brand new non port Metal Gear Solid on the Gamecube, yet all the loves been on the playstation systems. Nintendo suports characters that haven't even impacted their system. Please, your stupidity makes the truth failable.

swift assailant

Smash Cadet
What characters I dont want to see in future SSB games? Umm, any 3rd party character that has no affiliation with nintendo, snake is enough.

Green Whale

Smash Rookie
After unlocking Pichu in Melee there was one character I was afraid would be in it but luckily wasn't:

Igglybuff

I just hope they don't decide to put her in this time.

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
Y'all need to deal with the fact tha the Nintendogs (********) and Snake are gonna be in SSBB. I personally just don't want to see anything Super-********, like more PLAYABLE pokemon. I understand that some of them are awesome, and I really question why they even tried Pichu, but leave them for the pokeball items. They're great for showcasing the astounding video capabilities of the Wii, but character-wise they run the risk of either being broken or bottom teir....you know what I mean.....As for Megaman, why not? You can't really stop the third party characters any more than you can stop the tides from changing....just roll with it. He'll be a lighter, faster Samus clone....but then there's Zero, man now that's a character. Marth....but better, with tons of special moves from the X series. Learn to take some setbacks in stride. I know that this game used to pride itself on being "Nintendo Characters Only", but times are changing, and the opportunity to utilize great character bases from third party games is just too tantalizing to pass up.

Master_Of_Puppets

Smash Cadet
I hope that, Snake isn't in the game, oh wait he is!

Ah crap!

Well, I don't want Mario, he ruins everything! (Keep Luigi though!) lol.

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
I registered mainly to just post in this thread :D

Anyway, those who will be upset with more Pokemon are pretty much just setting themselves up for dissapointment. Pokemon is still reasonably huge in Japan, which is the only place that matters when developing this game.

On kicking characters out: Why? That's simply wasting the time that they took to code them in the first place. It's not like they're gonna be strapped for room on the disc. Just because one person doesn't like them in it, doesn't mean that others don't like to play as them. If you don't like the characters, is it so hard to simply... not put your player token on them in the character select screen?

Jigglypuff is a good character.

Also, a quick question: When was it stated that the SSB series is supposed to be exclusively Nintendo? It's a lot more reasonable to think that they never had third party characters before because Nintendo took a collective crap on third parties with the cartridge-taking N64.

Also, Snake almost made it in Melee, so this whole third party spiel isn't anything new. They're not doing it to get more money, and apparently it's been a possibility since Melee, and arguably SSB64 too. I look forward to new third party characters as long as they have some sort of history with Nintendo.

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=4ZSbL-W-mLxzmPYn0SKZJccHvdv-Atby&page=
(it's the last question)

As for characters I don't want to see:
Any anime-first characters (and yes, I'm a fan of anime, but not in this game. At all.)
Cloud/Sephiroth
Anyone who hasn't seen the light of day on a Nintendo console.

On another note: Is anyone really, honestly, not going to get this game if a character they don't like it makes it? I think that's really unreasonable, and you're only hurting yourself by denying yourself to play this game for superficial reasons.

In conclusion, everyone has their own opinions, and I can respect that, just like how you can respect mine.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Characters I don't want to see: 3rd party characters (Snake is enough), minor, non-playable characters, "non-canon" Nintendo characters (especially something like the bounty hunters from Metroid Prime Hunters...Retro Studios did enough with Metroid in Prime and breaking unspoken boundaries is going too far, but that belongs in another forum).

Characters I would like to see removed/changed completely: Ganondorf, Pichu, Dr. Mario, maybe some other clones

New announced characters that I have a bit of a problem with (going into a bit more depth with this one):
Zero Suit Samus - I think it's against Metroid canon to have Samus armorless for too long, and it ruins her image. Samus is not a character that is meant for sex appeal.
Solid Snake - I don't have a problem with the character or the games in particular, but I do have a problem with 3rd party characters in SSBB (and Snake is NOT a Nintendo character; saying that he is would be like saying that the FF characters, Mega Man, Pacman, Castlevania characters, etc are Nintendo characters as well). Snake could be a one-time exception though, as one of the game designers really wanted him in the game.

Why do people want these characters to be deleted?
Ness
Jigglypuff

About Pokemon: I think that since a new generation of Pokemon has been released and another one is in the making, a few of them should be included as playable characters. However, I would rather have them replace some other Pokemon in the game. Also, hopefully, there will be no more clones.

Pikawil

Smash Cadet
I don't want to see any generic Mario characters (Yes, that includes Toad) in this.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
greenblob said:
Characters I don't want to see: 3rd party characters (Snake is enough), minor, non-playable characters, "non-canon" Nintendo characters (especially something like the bounty hunters from Metroid Prime Hunters...Retro Studios did enough with Metroid in Prime and breaking unspoken boundaries is going too far, but that belongs in another forum).

Characters I would like to see removed/changed completely: Ganondorf, Pichu, Dr. Mario, maybe some other clones

New announced characters that I have a bit of a problem with (going into a bit more depth with this one):
Zero Suit Samus - I think it's against Metroid canon to have Samus armorless for too long, and it ruins her image. Samus is not a character that is meant for sex appeal.
Solid Snake - I don't have a problem with the character or the games in particular, but I do have a problem with 3rd party characters in SSBB (and Snake is NOT a Nintendo character; saying that he is would be like saying that the FF characters, Mega Man, Pacman, Castlevania characters, etc are Nintendo characters as well). Snake could be a one-time exception though, as one of the game designers really wanted him in the game.

Why do people want these characters to be deleted?
Ness
Jigglypuff

About Pokemon: I think that since a new generation of Pokemon has been released and another one is in the making, a few of them should be included as playable characters. However, I would rather have them replace some other Pokemon in the game. Also, hopefully, there will be no more clones.
if you've ever seen samus without her costume in previous games, she's in a bathing suit on a beach, or she moves her hair around in a provocative manner after removing her helmet that would lead one to believe she is both beauty AND the beast.

Pikawil said:
I don't want to see any generic Mario characters (Yes, that includes Toad) in this.

agreed.

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
This topic sucks, I don't care if I see chars that I don't like. If that happens then I'd just not choose them. But I'm sure I'll love every character. I love Snake for instance-

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Sephiroth and Cloud could fit in if they did it right (kingdom hearts style or something) they'd just be like Roy or Marth lots or sword orientated moves and some sort or magic b projectile move.Id still be a bit skeptical(i think i spelled that wrong) though.

Neo_Morphix

Smash Cadet
Tomasiarity said:
You should accept the fact that Snake is there, Sonic will surely be there too, they are cool and thats not gonna change Smash. When you start seeing Goku, Naruto, Chuck Norris and others like those. Then you can start crying.
lol, what would you do if you saw Jacob 2 2(Not sure how it's spelled in english) in Brawl? (I could kill myself if they'd do it...) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Top Bottom