• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you don't want to see in Brawl!

Sensai

Smash Master
pikaville said:
Sephiroth and Cloud could fit in if they did it right (kingdom hearts style or something) they'd just be like Roy or Marth lots or sword orientated moves and some sort or magic b projectile move.Id still be a bit skeptical(i think i spelled that wrong) though.
But they won't be in there, and for that, we should all give thanks.

Pete278 said:
And what about Bowser in SMS? He's **** huge there.
That's all fine and dandy, but I seriously doubt that they would make Ridley smaller. It'd just make him less Ridley. And 'sides, what would he DO?

Navajo7

Smash Rookie
why do you guys cry about no pokemon more than half of you guys loved it like 8 years, unless your like 35 i would shut up. and if you 35 and on this site then i would still shut up. i am looking forward to the pokemon selections just not any of he newer cause i dont know any
no stupid 3rd rate characters
and no more mario characters

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
Sensai said:
That's all fine and dandy, but I seriously doubt that they would make Ridley smaller. It'd just make him less Ridley. And 'sides, what would he DO?
More than what Captain Falcon can do. It's not like all of Falcon's attacks are B - drive car, B down - drive car, etc etc.

Rewatch the opening to SSBM, Ridley is Samus sized. It's not a matter of would they, it's a matter of they already did O_o

Pete278

Smash Lord
Sensai said:
But they won't be in there, and for that, we should all give thanks.

He's Ridley, what would he not do? :p. Well, he has claws, breathes fire, has wings, I'm sure they can think of something.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I don't have the time or attention span to read through 20 pages of debate (but I did read the first 8), so if anything I've said has been said before, I apologize.

My opinion is that if a character has appeared in any game on any of Nintendo's systems, from the original NES through GameCube, he's eligible to be in Smash Bros.

That includes:

Solid Snake -- He may end up being my new primary. I hadn't even thought of him until I saw the trailer, but I was absolutely stoked to see him show up. If you read Gamespot's review of the trailer, you'll notice that his intro was a total crowd pleaser. I just hope they give him an original move set, and not just stick Samus' or Fox's on his body.

Sonic -- One of the primary video game heroes of all time, he deserves to be there. I would love to see him match up against the likes of Link, Ganondorf, etc.

Ridley -- if they can find a move set.

Waluigi -- Wario's there already, it's only fair. Just don't make him a Luigi clone.

I could do without......

Pichu -- Weaker, faster Pikachu that hurts himself. Get it out of here.

Dr. Mario -- He of course is my co-main, but you can't have him there and not guys like Sonic.

Zero Suit Samus -- "Blasphemy!" say the Metroid series fans. Let's face it, Nintendo figured out that Smash Bros. was popular with the teenage demographic and took her armor off for sex appeal. If they give her a unique move set, which it looks like they might do, I say keep her. Otherwise, the hormonally frustrated teenage boys should just keep their urges under control.

Toad -- OK, the only time this dude has done anything of consequence, besides racing go-karts and things of that nature, was in Super Mario Bros. 2, when he was a playable character. Then in SMB3, he went back to his old ways of crying and moaning and begging Mario to help, and to date that's yet to change. But having him run up against the likes of Link, Samus, Bowser, and the rest of those guys is supposed to be believable? I'm sorry, but getting my lunch handed to me by a Toad player would fry me to no end, especially if I end up playing as Snake.

greenblob

Smash Lord
DDM said:
Zero Suit Samus -- "Blasphemy!" say the Metroid series fans. Let's face it, Nintendo figured out that Smash Bros. was popular with the teenage demographic and took her armor off for sex appeal. If they give her a unique move set, which it looks like they might do, I say keep her. Otherwise, the hormonally frustrated teenage boys should just keep their urges under control.
I agree. I don't want Samus to end up as the next Lara Croft. She's too good for that.

MetaNight

Smash Rookie
From greenblob: I agree. I don't want Samus to end up as the next Lara Croft. She's too good for that.

Samus could never be a Lara Croft. It'll be a cold day in the Magmoor Caverns when that happens.

Ridley deffinitely shouldn't be in SSBB or any person from the Final Fantasy on NES or Snes. [I'm not sure]

Sensai

Smash Master
ilabb said:
More than what Captain Falcon can do. It's not like all of Falcon's attacks are B - drive car, B down - drive car, etc etc.

Rewatch the opening to SSBM, Ridley is Samus sized. It's not a matter of would they, it's a matter of they already did O_o
Great point. /consents

Pete278 said:
He's Ridley, what would he not do? :p. Well, he has claws, breathes fire, has wings, I'm sure they can think of something.
Would he be slow, though? I don't want them to mess up ANOTHER cool character, 'specially after what they did to Bowser.

greenblob said:
I agree. I don't want Samus to end up as the next Lara Croft. She's too good for that.
That made me laugh, haha.

MetaNight said:
Samus could never be a Lara Croft. It'll be a cold day in the Magmoor Caverns when that happens.
That made me laugh even more. Haha, ha.

Note the extra ha?

Pete278

Smash Lord
Sensai said:
Great point. /consents

Would he be slow, though? I don't want them to mess up ANOTHER cool character, 'specially after what they did to Bowser.

That made me laugh, haha.

That made me laugh even more. Haha, ha.

Note the extra ha?
I'm not entiely sure how fast he'd be, but I know he could be in.

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
I suppose now would be a bad time to let you all know that....Z suit Samus is actually in the game? I know, you must be crushed....after all the protesting....but it's true. Waluigi.....we have plenty of Mario characters, including the amazing Dr. Mario, who should STAY. But I suppose if everyone wants him, it's ok, just not another clone. I'm sick of that stupid REGULAR Mario taking the spotlight from the original (and best version), Dr. Mario....lol. Other than that, just no DBZ, no anime, no more lightweight, self-damaging Pokemon, cuz one is one too many, and no Final Fantasy characters. If Cloud or Sephiroth was ever put in Brawl, the fact that they wouldn't already be broken to no end would upset hardcore FF7 fans, who would want them to be the new Sheiks. I don't want to upset them, so I'd rather they just not appear. Face it, your favorite character gets put in Brawl only to NOT be the best character of all time. Wouldn't you be a little upset. When thinking of characters that SHOULD be in Brawl, think of characters you wouldn't mind watching lose, because it's gonna happen, like it or not.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I dont want to see the following primarily because they look to similar to existing characters:

Wolf Odonell (sp?)
Daisy
Other versions of Link
Waluigi

Rosseh!

Smash Rookie
Skullkid said:
Okay, I dont want to see the following primarily because they look to similar to existing characters:

Wolf Odonell (sp?)
Daisy
Other versions of Link
Waluigi
Daisy is technically in melee because one of peach's colour variations changes her to look like Daisy.
Waluigi would suck because i've just never really liked him. He feels such a tacked on char.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Rosseh! said:
Daisy is technically in melee because one of peach's colour variations changes her to look like Daisy.
Waluigi would suck because i've just never really liked him. He feels such a tacked on char.
Wow I was surprised no one mentioned Waluigi. I hope you realize he'll be an unlockable. If Wario is in, then don't be surprised. Personally, I hate his skinny pickle-face. However, it would make sense that Waluigi would be in the game.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
Rosseh! said:
I wouldn't say "technically", but more like "unofficially". All the more reason not to make her an official character in SSBB.

And yes, Waluigi does feel "tacked on"-to me, anyway.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
ReiGamer said:
So everyone knows it...

METAL GEAR and METAL GEAR 2: SOLID SNAKE... WERE FIRST PORTED TO THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM... even though they started out as a computer game... the very FIRST CONSOLE that ever saw a Metal Gear game was in fact NINTENDO!

Research a bit...

EDIT: not computer, for the MSX2... sry about that one
So... according to your reasoning, it is okay for Nintendo to then put in Megaman, spent all but the last 1/8th of his series on Nintendo systems (not including anniversary collection) as well as the megaman and bass game for the snes and megaman soccer, megaman x who started his first 3 games on the snes, and any other Megaman character that debuted on a a Nintendo system. It is also okay to include Final Fantasy characters up to FF6, FF CC characters and any other character/ game/series that started on a Nintendo system. Is this right? No. In fact, I think that Snake's appearance just barely has anything to do with his entrance into Brawl.

Link-NY

Smash Ace
If walugi was in the next game he would be the next Mewtwo...tall as hell probably as light as pichu big target easy spikes...i can guess that he would be...Bottom most tier?

Zenith

Smash Ace
Wario should not be in, nor Pichu.

Please hope they don't put in:
Uncle Cranky..........Donkey Kong
Deku Link..........The Legend of Zelda (I think itz Ocurina of Time)
Balloon Fight Guy..........Balloon Fight
Koopa Kid (I'd rather Baby Bowser)..........Mario Party3
Samurai Goroh..........F-Zero
Black Shadow..........F-Zero
Plz none of those characterz.

Link-NY

Smash Ace
Zenith said:

Please hope they don't put in:
Uncle Cranky..........Donkey Kong
Deku Link..........The Legend of Zelda (I think itz Ocurina of Time)
Balloon Fight Guy..........Balloon Fight
Koopa Kid (I'd rather Baby Bowser)..........Mario Party3
Samurai Goroh..........F-Zero
Black Shadow..........F-Zero
Plz none of those characterz.
whats wrong with wario? he is like 1 of the main mario villians

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
Link-NY said:
If walugi was in the next game he would be the next Mewtwo...tall as hell probably as light as pichu big target easy spikes...i can guess that he would be...Bottom most tier?
Other than the tall comment, what the HELL are you basing that on?

Sensai

Smash Master
ReiGamer said:
So everyone knows it...

METAL GEAR and METAL GEAR 2: SOLID SNAKE... WERE FIRST PORTED TO THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM... even though they started out as a computer game... the very FIRST CONSOLE that ever saw a Metal Gear game was in fact NINTENDO!

Research a bit...

EDIT: not computer, for the MSX2... sry about that one
Uh...That's very falty reasoning. Just because something is ON a system does it make it the system's.

Resident Evil's on the Gamecube too, but it doesn't mean that you should expect Nemesis.

Zenith said:
What's wrong with Wario? I like the idea, so long as he's not a Mario clone (and he won't be).

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Sensai said:
Uh...That's very falty reasoning. Just because something is ON a system does it make it the system's.
Then what exactly qualifies a character to appear in Smash Bros.? It's not like we're screaming for Crash Bandicoot here. If Solid Snake appeared on a Nintendo console, I think that qualifies him for Smash Bros.

If memory serves, Link appeared in Soul Calibur 2 for PS2. If Sony made a Smash Bros. knockoff at some point and Nintendo gave the OK, I wouldn't care if they put Link on it.

Sensai said:
Resident Evil's on the Gamecube too, but it doesn't mean that you should expect Nemesis.
Why not?

Sensai

Smash Master
DDM said:
Then what exactly qualifies a character to appear in Smash Bros.? It's not like we're screaming for Crash Bandicoot here. If Solid Snake appeared on a Nintendo console, I think that qualifies him for Smash Bros.

If memory serves, Link appeared in Soul Calibur 2 for PS2. If Sony made a Smash Bros. knockoff at some point and Nintendo gave the OK, I wouldn't care if they put Link on it.
Link was actually NOT on the PS2 version of SC2. But, let's assume for a second that he was...

Nintendo would have to give permission for that character to be used in a later game, but they wouldn't, so it all depends on whether they can get permission from the origen company, and it doesn't seem like Nintendo is going out seeking to put 3rd party characters in there. It says that the creator of MGS (don't remember his name, sorry) came and 'practially begged' for Snake to be in the game.

Any character on a Nintendo console COULD appear in Smash, but that doesn't mean they will or that their creators want them to or that Nintendo wants them to.

Why won't Nemesis be there? Because that's not Nintendos style and also Nintendo and Capcom aren't on the best of terms, unlike MGS creator and Smash dude.

I'm horrible with names, but you all know who I mean.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Sensai said:
Any character on a Nintendo console COULD appear in Smash, but that doesn't mean they will or that their creators want them to or that Nintendo wants them to.
Precisely. Snake did appear on a Nintendo console, the creators did want him in there, and Nintendo did agree to do it. Ergo, Solid Snake in Smash Bros.

As for his move set, my gut feeling is that Nintendo won't cut corners in giving this guy a decent set. I'm betting that they received plenty of feedback regarding Falco and Ganondorf being copy characters. If the rest of the trailer is any indication, I think we all know that Nintendo will not disappoint.

FoxDash

Smash Cadet
If mallow appears in this game so help me god.....For I have just rembered who he is. He is quite possibly that gayest thing ive ever seen right up there with Majin Buu Thats right im talkin to you mist I want disgusting DBZ charecters in smash. May you be ***** by godzilla you sick *******

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
FoxDash said:
If mallow appears in this game so help me god.....For I have just rembered who he is. He is quite possibly that gayest thing ive ever seen right up there with Majin Buu Thats right im talkin to you mist I want disgusting DBZ charecters in smash. May you be ***** by godzilla you sick *******

what about geno?

GREAT-ONE

Smash Journeyman
I like having 3rd party characters as long as they keep all the existing nintendo characters that are in melee and that they add even more nintendo characters in it.

Sensai

Smash Master
asianpride3491 said:
I dont want to see more 3rd party diluting our nintendo game. Any with me? against me?
I'm right behind ya, pal, kinda. I would rather it have been NO 3rd party, but since they ruined that, they might as well throw in a few others too.

So, I'm kinda on the fence.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
asianpride3491 said:
I dont want to see more 3rd party diluting our nintendo game. Any with me? against me?
Against you. You have no reason for why you don't want to see them.

-SMB

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
As I said in the last forum where this was the topic.

I really just don't want to see Michael Jackson from Michael Jackson's Moonwalker for the Genesis.

magar

Banned via Administration
I for one do not want to see Mr.Game&Watch again. he was so stupid and useless, even if they did redo his moves, i bet he'd still suck. :mad:

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Bomberman
Megman
Earthworm Jim
Diddy & Dixie IC team
Pichu
Pichu
Bomberman
Megaman
any sonic character apart from sonic & Tails

(I know I repeated some i just needed to emphsise that i hate those characters)

Top Bottom