• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you don't want to see in Brawl!

G-Ron

Smash Apprentice
man i'm at work and read the whole shpiel on from my orginal post on the 10th page til now.

I guess we can draw one thing from the arguments in here and that is:

If you don't like a character, provide some reasonable justification for not wanting a character in the new SSBB.

Sensai

Smash Master
AshumsTheMoose said:
Wonderful, thank you. It won't be long until a flood of protesting emerges.
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN YOU SPINELESS SON-OF-A

No, I'm joking.

Flaming someone for an opinion is dumb. It's a complete waste of time on the person typing, and the persons reading.

But arguing is different. Arguing, people can weed out all the opinions that seem unlikely.

Sensai

Smash Master
Laugh & He Dies said:
I dont want another version of a character we already have. ie. Baby Mario, I could live with it but I'd rather a new charactar alltogether
/signed /signed /signed!

WarioFartPower

Smash Cadet
Mud Buddha said:
You're not listening. Game Developers don't plan to put in clone characters. My point is that it's not set in stone that SSBB will have clones, but it's incredibly likely that it will.
Although you implied that it basically IS set in stone, which is obvious when looking back at the things you have said.

I haven't contradicted myself on any of the points I've made. You, again, have misunderstoor them. The definition of a CLONE is a character that has a moveset that is VERY SIMILAR to another character. Smash has several of these. So my point still stands.
I was not asking what the definition of a clone is, I was pointing out the fact that you said every fighting game has clones, and always have and you then went on to say that Smash Bros. has never had any clones. Either it has had clones or it hasn't, make your mind up.

And yes, I am quite aware that Smash Bros. has several of the clones you speak of.

As many as they feel they need/want/can add. Two? Maybe more, I don't know. It's certainly not going to be TWELVE.
And you know this how?

Which is fair enough. I won't dispute that if Poke'mon isn't your thing, then it'd be kind of annoying. But in the end, the point that I keep reiterating is that you don't have to play as them.
True.

I'll say this in the least disdainful way possible: Have you actually played Smash?
Yes I have played Smash Bros, hence why I'm so interested in the next installment to the series.

I feel that Jigglypuff is similiar to Kirby, just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I've never played the game.

Please explain. Does Link not work because of Pichu? Do you lose because of Pichu? Explain, please. I'm not following you.
Pichu is detrimental to the game because he takes the place of what could be a much better character. Pichu is pointless, and very few people see the point in him being there when the game already has Pikachu. I don't like Pichu being in the game for the reasons I have already stated before. Pichu being there is a negative thing in my opinion, and I don't like him. If I don't like something in a game, then I see it appropriate to deem it detrimental. That's my opinion. Reasons why people find him detrimental will differ.

Uh, that sounds like a pretty good reason to add a character to me.
Fair enough, I just don't feel Jigglypuff is of any use though, and find him annoying. Again, that's my opinion, if others like him then great.

I don't know why someone would chose to, but deliberate or not, you're missing my arguments.
And you appear to be missing mine.

Let me explain, with a GREATLY exaggerated (and politically correct) example: Imagine these people were saying they don't think Red people should be around because they don't like them. Would I be going completely out of line to argue with them?
Who's going out of line? I'm stating my opinions, it's you who seems to be getting annoyed about them.

This is essentially my point. You can't expect to say "I don't like [such and such], you shouldn't be allowed to play as them" and just let me ****ing accept it.
Nobody is asking you to accept it, and I don't recall anybody saying that you shouldn't be allowed to play as any characters. People like some characters and dislike others. It's called an opinion, you don't need to get so worked up about it. I'm only stating what I think, not attempting to change anyone's way of thinking.

If it weren't for clones, I wouldn't have got into this game. I love clones, they give me a choice between two variations of the same style. I don't like Mario, but I love Doc.
Fair enough. Like I said, I don't like clones, and don't like the idea of two Marios with barely any difference between them. Personally I'd rather there was only one Mario with the option to change into the Doctor's costume, thus the option to change into Dr. Mario and have all Dr. Mario's moves. I just don't like seeing two Marios fighting each other, it looks silly in my opinion.

You haven't explained anything. HOW IS HE RUINING THE GAME?
Reading what I have typed might actually help. I have quite clearly stated the reasoning behind my views and opinions. No doubt you'll ask the same questions yet again though.

Yet, here you are, keeping the argument alive. Funny that.
And I have given my reason as to why I'm keeping the argument alive, which again you will realise if you read properly what I have written.

Childish or not, my point still stands. You haven't proven in any way that any characters from Smash have ruined the game.
Who's talking about proving anything? I am giving my opinons as to why I personally think they are negative to the game, I'm not insisting that everybody agrees with them.

And I only said they were detrimental to the game, I didn't say they ruined it completely. Don't accuse me of putting words into your mouth and then do the same thing yourself.

All you've said is "I don't like Pichu, he should be removed because he's ruining the game". To which, I've addressed all possible reasoning behind that claim, and can find no other explanation for his detrimental effect.
I never once said that. Copy and paste where I said that, because I can't seem to find it, funnily enough. Again you put words into my mouth, something that you accused me of doing. How hypocritical.

I have quite clearly stated, more than once, my reasons as to why I think Pichu is detrimental to the game. Perhaps you should stop overlooking that, and absorb what I have written.

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
I actually don't mind pichu sure he sucks, but if you don't like him don't play as him. I only use him to fight easy to beat people.

jerkface

Smash Cadet
~JIGGLYPUFF IS WICKED AWESOME~ he has been in all of the smash and he is a great char one of my favorits and if you say this bull crap means you suck and im going to throw rocks at all of you that say this and stick gum in YOU HAIR!

i never cared for pokemon but he so much fun to play with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when you kick the living crap out of a hXc marth player or some one jiggly puff is weak against you look at the person AND YOU PRESS THE TAUNT then you hear (JIGGGLY FU*CKING PUFF) that is why you cant get ride of jigs because he IS AMAZING

we dont need to get ride of any thing! plus jiggly puff has always been a secret chaiter hears an idea if you dont like him "DONT UNLOCK HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
jerkface said:
~JIGGLYPUFF IS WICKED AWESOME~ he has been in all of the smash and he is a great char one of my favorits and if you say this bull crap means you suck and im going to throw rocks at all of you that say this and stick gum in YOU HAIR!

i never cared for pokemon but he so much fun to play with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when you kick the living crap out of a hXc marth player or some one jiggly puff is weak against you look at the person AND YOU PRESS THE TAUNT then you hear (JIGGGLY FU*CKING PUFF) that is why you cant get ride of jigs because he IS AMAZING

we dont need to get ride of any thing! plus jiggly puff has always been a secret chaiter hears an idea if you dont like him "DONT UNLOCK HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I totally agree Jigglypuff is so awesome and shouldn't have to be unlocked, but that's also true for Luigi, he should start as a character. He is so underapreciated and Nintendo should start focusing on him and not that fat *** Mario.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
no namco characters, no square characters (geno and mallow exempt), no capcom characters, no hudson characters, no ubisoft characters... basically, no more third party besides konami along the lines of castlevania and sega along the lines of sonic and tails.

maybe another mgs character as long as it's not a clone. :D

Sensai

Smash Master
Redhairedpenguin12 said:
I totally agree Jigglypuff is so awesome and shouldn't have to be unlocked, but that's also true for Luigi, he should start as a character. He is so underapreciated and Nintendo should start focusing on him and not that fat *** Mario.
Under appreciated, too.

Although I disagree. I mean, that he's good (which you never said, but I'm assuming was implied). I think he's horrible, haha. Everytime me and my friends play and I get him (we random, or else I win all the time [sorry, don't mean to be arrogant]), I just cry.

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
As long as it's not anyone extremely ridiculous like Master Chief or Darth Vader or crap like that, I'm fine with whoever they want to add. I'd prefer that all 3rd party characters have appeared on a Nintendo system before.

With that said, Sonic is my most wanted to appear in the game.

Wesley Wicked

Smash Apprentice
ive heard these 3 chars a lot, i mean like that people dont want them in the game solid snake, sonic, and megaman.

these are just my opinions but i think theyd be good additions because:
i dont think solid is in any other fighting game, so i guess nintendo snaged him first yay

sonic would be good because he has been marios rival for so long now and yeah itd only seen right

megaman because if you look back, his series of games goes from megaman 1 - megamanx3 with the addition of megaman zeros and battle network mini series, playstation only has megaman x4 through x8 (my point is hes been with nintendo longer)

-----
chars i DONT want to see..bratz, barbie, neo pets, hello kitty, ninja turtles (ninja turtles are the s*** but wouldnt work :( )

Sensai

Smash Master
FoxDash said:
Holy Crap i just jioned this site a few days ago and started two huge *** threads :D
I'm also actively taking place in your other thread, where you said this exact same thing.

But with more of these: !.

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
Wesley Wicked said:
ive heard these 3 chars a lot, i mean like that people dont want them in the game solid snake, sonic, and megaman.

these are just my opinions but i think theyd be good additions because:
i dont think solid is in any other fighting game, so i guess nintendo snaged him first yay

sonic would be good because he has been marios rival for so long now and yeah itd only seen right

megaman because if you look back, his series of games goes from megaman 1 - megamanx3 with the addition of megaman zeros and battle network mini series, playstation only has megaman x4 through x8 (my point is hes been with nintendo longer)
I totally agree megman and sonic would look totally awesome in the game... altough sonic would have to have his speed toned down a lot.

Sonix

Smash Rookie
FoxDash said:
Alright Weve all seen list of charecters people want, how about the one we hope to god dont get in!?

-A Nintendog
-No more pokemon please!
-Sonic,Knuckles,Tails,Shadow (eeeewwww)
-Toad
-anything gay(is Snake gay er what i mean really i dont know? he did bang EVA but then agian...)
how bout you grow up and get a life
toad is the only bad idea i see

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
Redhairedpenguin12 said:
Why are there so many Toad haters!?!
beacause, sadly, toad was never a good character ('cept for mario kart) and although i love ALL characters from almost all companies, i would still sadly say that i wouldnt want toad in the game, i just cant stand to watch him get slaughtered by other chars. :urg:

sonic for ssbb!!

i will welcome sonic and megaman AND snake, but pls no masterchief or bk or ridiculous sh*t like cloud and sephy..... keepin it real yo. :ohwell:

Umbrahnoir

Smash Rookie
Apøc` said:
Well, personally I do like Solid Snake in SSBB but no Sonic nor Megaman pleeeease. For the characters I would like to "delete" : Ness (even if he was in SSB64), Mr. Game & Watch (Sorry old school bwoyz), Pichu, Young Link should switch with Wind Waker Link (That would be funnnny :)) and Mewtwo.
I think they should just add on characters not take out though Mr.Game &Watch and Pichu were just a waste a space.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Black_Angel1 said:
Don't know if this has been posted before this (I've only read 2 1/2 pages and then this last page) but they already made a game like smash with anime characters so don't worry about it.

yeah. jump superstars? i think it's on the DS. it's got Goku, Naruto, Sasuke, Vegeta, that guy from One Piece, Kenshin, and a bunch of other folk.

Zeke_

Smash Journeyman
FoxDash said:
Alright Weve all seen list of charecters people want, how about the one we hope to god dont get in!?

-A Nintendog
-No more pokemon please!
-Toad
-anything gay(is Snake gay er what i mean really i dont know? he did bang EVA but then agian...)
Its a shame people like you play smash, how dare you call snake gay, he owns.

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
WarioFartPower said:
Although you implied that it basically IS set in stone, which is obvious when looking back at the things you have said.
IMPLIED and SAID are two different words.

I was not asking what the definition of a clone is, I was pointing out the fact that you said every fighting game has clones, and always have and you then went on to say that Smash Bros. has never had any clones. Either it has had clones or it hasn't, make your mind up.
Using my, and everyone elses, definition of a clone, I can honestly say that my post made perfect sense. I was largely disputing your definition, which seems to imply that Smash has characters which are exactly the same. Which it doesn't, few games do.

And you know this how?
Sorry, I should rephrase. They certainly aren't going to add a number of Poke'mon sufficient to make the number of Poke'mon in the game 40% of the total number of characters.

I only "know" this because of the same reason that Melee doesn't have 40% Mario characters. Nintendo aren't (for the most part) stupid.

Yes I have played Smash Bros, hence why I'm so interested in the next installment to the series.

I feel that Jigglypuff is similiar to Kirby, just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I've never played the game.
Jigglypuff is similar to Kirby only aesthetically. Every attack is different for these characters. It's generally accepted that Jigglypuff is the least "cloney" clone in Melee.

Pichu is detrimental to the game because he takes the place of what could be a much better character. Pichu is pointless, and very few people see the point in him being there when the game already has Pikachu. I don't like Pichu being in the game for the reasons I have already stated before. Pichu being there is a negative thing in my opinion, and I don't like him. If I don't like something in a game, then I see it appropriate to deem it detrimental. That's my opinion. Reasons why people find him detrimental will differ.
At least you've tried to answer. I'll say it again for you: Clones are added at the last minute, meaning they never intended to have him in the game. Pichu being pointless is a matter of opinion. I'm sure I could find more than enough people on Smash boards who would agree with me.

Something being detrimental to the game can only reasonably be based on how it affects the rest of the game. Suggesting that Pichu should go merely because he is there, is like me saying I don't want Red people in my world, despite them completely not affecting me at all.

Fair enough, I just don't feel Jigglypuff is of any use though, and find him annoying. Again, that's my opinion, if others like him then great.
That's fair enough. It's more than fine to say "I wouldn't care if Jigglypuff was removed from Smash".

And you appear to be missing mine.
Nope. What I'm doing is is being logical.

Who's going out of line? I'm stating my opinions, it's you who seems to be getting annoyed about them.
Oh. I'm sorry, I thought you were making some big point about me disputing peoples opinions. Fair enough.

Nobody is asking you to accept it, and I don't recall anybody saying that you shouldn't be allowed to play as any characters. People like some characters and dislike others. It's called an opinion, you don't need to get so worked up about it. I'm only stating what I think, not attempting to change anyone's way of thinking.
By saying they should remove Pichu, they are by default saying I shouldn't be allowed to play as him in Brawl.

"DEATH TO RED PEOPLE" Is an opinion. Should I just ignore it?

Fair enough. Like I said, I don't like clones, and don't like the idea of two Marios with barely any difference between them. Personally I'd rather there was only one Mario with the option to change into the Doctor's costume, thus the option to change into Dr. Mario and have all Dr. Mario's moves. I just don't like seeing two Marios fighting each other, it looks silly in my opinion.
So, again, you're basically saying that in Brawl, I shouldn't be able to play as the character Doctor Mario, as I know him? Yes?

Reading what I have typed might actually help. I have quite clearly stated the reasoning behind my views and opinions. No doubt you'll ask the same questions yet again though.
You're being illogical and selfish. Earlier in this post I explained exactly why.

And I have given my reason as to why I'm keeping the argument alive, which again you will realise if you read properly what I have written.
Did I ever suggest you didn't have reasons?

Who's talking about proving anything? I am giving my opinons as to why I personally think they are negative to the game, I'm not insisting that everybody agrees with them.
If you can honestly say that you don't mind the fact that you think people shouldn't be allowed to play as Pichu because you, and others, don't like him. Then you have your point, and you have "won". But you won't.

And I only said they were detrimental to the game, I didn't say they ruined it completely. Don't accuse me of putting words into your mouth and then do the same thing yourself.
I didn't suggest you thought that they were completely ruining the game.

I never once said that. Copy and paste where I said that, because I can't seem to find it, funnily enough. Again you put words into my mouth, something that you accused me of doing. How hypocritical.
Nobody said "LOL GET RID OF NESS HE SUXXORS!!!!211!11Shift+1" either. You didn't say anything about that because you knew I was making a point. Just like I did in that example.

I have quite clearly stated, more than once, my reasons as to why I think Pichu is detrimental to the game. Perhaps you should stop overlooking that, and absorb what I have written.
Yes. Now that we have them, I can cut all the bull**** and simply say "From an entirely personal view, do you think that you simply not liking a character is sufficient reason to remove them from a game that is played by lots of different people?".

I don't care how many people hate Pichu, if you can honestly answer "yes" to that question, then there is something wrong with you.

It is more than reasonable to say:

"I can see Nintendo removing Pichu from the game. There are only a few people who like him, so they'll likely replace him in favour of a different character.

Which is fine by me, because I hate him anyway".

Migrainemaker

Smash Cadet
In a pit of confusion and despair, i dont know any

-A Nintendog
-No more pokemon please!
-Toad
That kid is a fooking n00b that doesnt know jack about anything, and needs to come out of his mother's closet/basement

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Can't we all just get along and talk about characters we don't want to see? Everyone has different views, and some people feel like being jerks to act like they know everything.

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL IS NOT OUT! Therefor everything here is automatically an opinion. This is a good topic but everyone feel obligated to put each other down.

A new page is going to come up, so lets start fresh.

I really don't want to see Pacman in the game, we already have characters that eat others.

K.I.N.G

Smash Cadet
id just like to say this whole forum so far is complete B.S.
i can agree with stuff like goku but even kid goku isnt to far off...

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I don't want to see igglytuff, Raichu eventhough he's a great replacement for Pichu, etc.(CLONES!:mad:)

But if they are going to add clones, they could be as an option in their wardrobe(like Peach-Daisy)

For example:
Sonic can be changed his clothes(color) to supersonic and shadow.
what do you guys think?

..........later

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Antioch said:
yeah, you're pretty freakin' ignorant for calling snake gay and not wanting anymore pokemon.
let's just rid of one of nintendo's highest selling game franchises from smash.
****, i do wish i had your level of intellect o' wise one.

but on a side note.

no final fantasy, no chrono, no street fighter, no naruto, and no dbz characters.
that's basically it. :D

sonic/tails i welcome, but shadow, knuckles... and all of them... too much.
I really agree on the last 3, but chrono would be cool....

And calling snake gay and not wanting anymore pokemon in it is indeed...ignorant.

Sensai

Smash Master
Wingz35 said:
And calling snake gay and not wanting anymore pokemon in it is indeed...ignorant.
Ignorant isn't the right word, but I understand what you're saying.

And I disagree. It's just his opinion, and he puts it like any other 8th grader would (using the word gay). I don't want Snake or more Poke's in there either, but it's not because of 'gayness', it's cause Snake isn't a Nintendo character (and if someone says he was originally on the NES, I'mma stab ya. I know, but he's not anymore.) and there are enough of the Pokemon. Two is enough.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Three... Anyways, yeah maybe there are about enough pokemon, but there is an INSANE number of not pokemon characters, so it wouldnt be so noticable that there are more then three =/ Primape would fit in okay, and raichu would...just...generally...own.

Just like warturtle.

K.I.N.G

Smash Cadet
krazyzyko said:
I don't want to see igglytuff, Raichu eventhough he's a great replacement for Pichu, etc.(CLONES!:mad:)

But if they are going to add clones, they could be as an option in their wardrobe(like Peach-Daisy)

For example:
Sonic can be changed his clothes(color) to supersonic and shadow.
what do you guys think?

..........later
actually ive heard that there arnt supposed to be clone characters.. at least in the new people they make

Shadow Ganon

Smash Cadet
what i dont want in ssbb:

any final fantasy characters (doents fit in IMO)
any minor character (koopa,goomba,tingle ect.)
any anime characters (naruto, fullmetal,onepiece ect)
any metal gear solid characters. Wait too late. Oh well since Snake is in it at least add another MGS character to keep him company.
No Toad
No Nintendogs as characters (only items)

Since Snake broke the no third party characte rule, I WOULD like to see Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow and Tails in this game
Yes, i would like to see more pokemon as characters. There are enough pokemon as items though.. Maybe Dioxys or Blaziken
I dont want them to remove any characters eithr

blerb

Smash Journeyman
see, what i think about snake is this sort of not-long-at-all paragraph.

see, you know how more people play ps2 and xbox more than the gc? well, if the people of ps2 notice that snake is in it, they might think "well, that's pretty cool." when that person normally hated nintendo. he would probavly try the game, and like it. so i think it will make nintendo rise up through the pitfall they fell into in 2000.

back on topic:

i DON'T want to see moe pokemon.( mabye blazekin :p)
no ff or chrono or anything like that.
mabye megaman, mabye not. i'll wait.
zamus is alright, but i think theyed be better off with someone else.

Top Bottom