• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

Tubaam

Smash Apprentice
Dededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededede

Pit 42

Smash Lord
We all know that without WWLink (Not a clone) Brawl will be a farce.
I think you've got that backwards.

Lok said:
How is Jeff more popular then Poo? I mean COME ON!!! Who wants to play a boarding school escapee who shoots bottle rockets more then a prince who knows the most powerful move in the game! INSANITY!!!
Actually, I think it'd be cool if we saw any other character from the Mother series (Lucas from Mother 3, perhaps?)

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
Have people in japan never heard a dude called VIEWTIFUL JOE. I mean come on, the guys nasty. Plus him and his cool moves would work awsomely in brawl. It wouldn't even be possible to make a clone of him. Props to ArtieBoy for pointing out Jak and Daxer's brawlin skillz. Too bad the have 0 chance, having never even been on a nintendo system.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
well, i would definitely like to see one of the hunters from prime hunters, they would be very cool alongside ridley and samus. In the latest issue of nintendo power, it says that there are other bounty hunters in corruption and they play a large role in it. could these possibly be the same ones from hunters? any ideas guys?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Sukapon was on his SSBM poll, if I'm not mistaken. Same with Takamaru. Seeing both of them on the playable roster would be orgasmic to say the least. =)

Salaad

Smash Ace
Sukapon was on his SSBM poll, if I'm not mistaken. Same with Takamaru. Seeing both of them on the playable roster would be orgasmic to say the least. =)
Ewww...I want to see an AC rep and Marth. I'll have some fries with that...

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
why isn't sonic on the list, he is like one of the most important characters in the gaming history, almost everyone knows who sonic is. everyone, go to the confirmed character page for brawl, this guy found a pic of sonic in one of the ssbb previews of zero-suit samus. he used photo shop to zoom in, that is the only way any of us would have found it. if you are going to that thread, it is a couple of pages from the last, or you can look at my resent quotes on the guy, i used his link to the picture so everyone could see.

Jordo

Smash Apprentice
why isn't sonic on the list, he is like one of the most important characters in the gaming history, almost everyone knows who sonic is. everyone, go to the confirmed character page for brawl, this guy found a pic of sonic in one of the ssbb previews of zero-suit samus. he used photo shop to zoom in, that is the only way any of us would have found it. if you are going to that thread, it is a couple of pages from the last, or you can look at my resent quotes on the guy, i used his link to the picture so everyone could see.

I hate to burst your bubble, but that picture is not real buddy. It hasn't been real for 2 weeks and it will never be real. Calm your beard, Sakuri has stated publicly that Sonic is the most requested 3rd-party character, so you can rest easy now.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
I hate to burst your bubble, but that picture is not real buddy. It hasn't been real for 2 weeks and it will never be real. Calm your beard, Sakuri has stated publicly that Sonic is the most requested 3rd-party character, so you can rest easy now.
thanks, i can definatly rest easy now. anyway, where are you guys hearing about all this stuff, i looked on the nintendo web site, but i didn't find any new updates on sonic. can someone please shed some light?

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
I would sugjust that the Fire Emblem 1/3 characters use pictures from the OVA, as opposed to or in addtion to there portrits on the list.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I don't recall Takamaru being on the SSBM poll, but I definitely remember Sukapon! I really hope at least one of them, if not both, will make it in!

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
King Dedede(5)
Diddy Kong(4)
Geno(4)
Ike(4)
Ridley(4)

First Ike was confirmed and now Diddy. I think it's pretty safe to say that Dedede and Ridley will be in the game. Geno will be if Square allows it.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
;_; You leaving out Geno in that bottom statement killed a puppy.... MY puppy.
It's true, though. I'd take Geno in Brawl, don't get me wrong; but Square owns the rights, so it is completely their decision as to whether or not Geno makes an appearance in Brawl.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
yeah but i dont see why they wouldnt let geno be in brawl they havent done anything with him in 11 years so why not put him in a game thats one the most awesome and popular game ever

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
The only reason I said that is that he was one of the most requested in the melee poll. I don't know what happened there. I think if the reason was that they had character such as Bowser, Peach and Zelda which got priority over Geno for getting in the game. Now that sakurai is giving more obscure characters a chance. These are my predictions for the top characters suggested:

King Dedede(5)- A definate shoe-in. He is the top requested character and Sakurai's baby.
Diddy Kong(4)- Confirmed
Geno(4)- Will DEFINATELY be in the game....if Square says its okay.
Ike(4)- Confirmed
Ridley(4)- Ridley will definately show up as playable. I say this, because two characters requested as many times as him already are confirmed. This makes him a huge possibility. I think if he is in, he will probably be confirmed next week for Metroid Prime 3's launch.
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)- He has a huge chance to be in the game....if Sakurai decides not to make an AT. But after seeing PT, I have more faith.
Krystal(3)- Will probably show up with her staff.
Takamaru(3)- If any Japan-Only franchise shows up, it will probably be this guy. He was from the Sister game to Zelda. Also, we only have swordsmen with broadswords, not katanas. He'd be original. The classic Japanese setting could make for a great stage too.
Windwaker Link(3)- Even though he was requested a lot, I doubt he will make it. We already have a Link and it's the one from TP. Sakurai likes originality, and using a character we already have in the game simply wouldn't excite him.
Animal Crossing MC(2)- No playable AC characters. If there was, it would've been Tom Nook. Since he and the humans are deconfirmed, I expect no one.
Claus(2)- He will be added if Lucas replaces Ness. He will be given his cyborg look and his beam sword.
Demiru(2)- I am really pulling for this guy. I hope Sakurai sees the great potential he has for a moveset. He is just so cute too!
Isaac(2)- He could very well show up and I hope he does. His chances are bettered, because of this poll I think.
Jeff(2)- He will probably show up IF Ness is still in the game and Lucas is not.
Kawasima(2)- AT, no doubt.
King K.Rool(2)AT or nothing. I don't see him being playable.
Lip(2)- AT
Lucas(2)- Either he won't be in, or he will replace Ness. I personally think Ness is out.
Mega Man(2)- Sonic and Megaman will be the only other 3rd party characters. I will say it right now.
Oguma(2)- I know nothing about him, but he has better chances than Marth, because he doesn't have blue hair. =P
Ouendan(2)- AT (Not sure if they will leave them with their Japanese costumes or use the english ones)
Sukapon(2)- He has a good chance, because his character model would take three seconds to create. He also is from a fighting game and would be a great Game and Watch style character. The only thing holding him back is being Japan-Only.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I will never understand why people whant a doll in Brawl... I've played Mario RPG and i don't understand, he's weird and attacks with Rainbow colored attacks.

Del Money

Smash Champion
sure...why not? lets throw in Geno, a completely unlegendary character in the gaming world outside of ****ing SWF. and lets screw over greats like Mega Man and Bomberman in the process. i mean who cares if Mega Man is the 18th best-selling game franchise of all time? who cares if both Mega Man and Bomberman are true age-old video game icons in their own respect? and not to speak anything of Sonic who Sega is screwing over with that Olympic Games abomination. i mean, lets completely throw out the notion that the 3rd party slots should belong to easily recognized and liked 3rd party all-stars. lets put Geno in and while Sakurai's at it, lets toss in Glover and we can all have a merry ****ing christmas

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
FEAR THE PRIDE BEAM SHUMA! FEAR IT! ^_^

No, Seriously, there isn't anything wrong with rainbow colored attacks of death. It's pretty and deadly. Like female assassins... <3. =p

sure...why not? lets throw in Geno, a completely unlegendary character in the gaming world outside of ****ing SWF. and lets screw over greats like Mega Man and Bomberman in the process. i mean who cares if Mega Man is the 18th best-selling game franchise of all time? who cares if both Mega Man and Bomberman are true age-old video game icons in their own respect? and not to speak anything of Sonic who Sega is screwing over with that Olympic Games abomination. i mean, lets completely throw out the notion that the 3rd party slots should belong to easily recognized and liked 3rd party all-stars. lets put Geno in and while Sakurai's at it, lets toss in Glover and we can all have a merry ****ing christmas
That was the most idotic sack of sarcasm I've ever read. Just because you don't think Geno is popular enough doesn't make it so. jeeze. [before you misinterpret what I said, I did NOT call you an idiot. just the sack of sarcasm.]

and what's this crap about saying Mega man, Sonic, and even Bomberman can't be in it as well? It's possible. Sakurai can do whatever he wants. He could have said. "Hey everyone! I'm not going to put any more character in Brawl than I've already announced." And then completely replaced the entire Melee Roster. He can do what he wants. Other third party character will not steal from others. Their companies not allowing them to be in if asked for/Sakurai not giving a care about them will.

Del Money

Smash Champion
and what's this crap about saying Mega man, Sonic, and even Bomberman can't be in it as well?
i dunno, maybe the fact that theres one or two (if any) more 3rd party slots and the fact that Geno undeservingly getting 4 votes pretty much makes its all too likely. Geno IS NOT 1st/2nd party despite what everyone would like to believe. if Geno gets in, itll be becuase of that ****ing biased Japanese-only poll and someone more deserving of the 3rd party slots will get shafted up the butthole. can Sakurai add more 3rd party slots? yes, its not impossible. is it likely? no, because 3rd party characters cost money.
Other third party character will not steal from others.
since it appears that there are limited 3rd party character slots, i believe youre wrong
Their companies not allowing them to be in if asked for/Sakurai not giving a care about them will.
which is basically why Sonic wont make it...because Sega is ********

basically i predict Geno, Mega Man, and Snake for brawl's 3rd party roster. Sega will **** up and Geno will steal from Bomberman

Snake King 1

Smash Apprentice
Checking every character for weaknesses, for &quot
Sora, crazy hand and master hand should be in also if you transform into g- bowser, and zss enough you could play as them seperatly or press minus button, no Waluigi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Deosn't matter. Just because he belongs to Square, doesn't mean he will be one of the 1-2 added 3rd party characters. These slots are reserved for icons who were important to Nintendo's past. I honestly believe that Geno will not be counted as such and I am surprised more people don't share my beliefs.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Wind Waker Link will definitely make it in, I'm 100 % sure. Come on, Phantom Hourglass is the fastest selling Zelda game yet, and it's the most recent too. Who says two Zelda games cannot be represented in Brawl? We had Hyrule Castle and some Majora's Mask themed level last time. It'd be unfair in my opinion not to represent the cel shaded world of Zelda with Wind Waker Link. He's clearly wanted, and he has at least 3 or 4 games under his name. I don't know where people are getting "Sakurai doesn't want more than one version of character" considering unlike Dr. Mario, Young Link is just as important as the older Link.

Top Bottom