• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

Pit 42

Smash Lord
sure...why not? lets throw in Geno, a completely unlegendary character in the gaming world outside of ****ing SWF. and lets screw over greats like Mega Man and Bomberman in the process. i mean who cares if Mega Man is the 18th best-selling game franchise of all time? who cares if both Mega Man and Bomberman are true age-old video game icons in their own respect? and not to speak anything of Sonic who Sega is screwing over with that Olympic Games abomination. i mean, lets completely throw out the notion that the 3rd party slots should belong to easily recognized and liked 3rd party all-stars. lets put Geno in and while Sakurai's at it, lets toss in Glover and we can all have a merry ****ing christmas
Del Money, this is the greatest thing I've ever seen you post (and you've posted a lot of great s***). Thank you. :)

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Isn't Smash Bros all about the most popular/famous video game characters in Nintendo's history?

I think that's something people should consider. Why else did Diddy become a playable character while Deoxys turned into a pokeball pokemon. Sakurai knows what he is doing, just look at the current Smash list so far. All of those characters are essential to their gaming franchises.

Also King Dedede and Ridley will most likely appear in Brawl.

mario91

Smash Cadet
Very good point del money from above it made me laugh

As long as there are easily recognizable third party characters and the others are ones that would actually do good in brawl i will be happy the only one i'm not completely satisfied with is diddy im not sayin i wish he wasnt in so please do not get on my case

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
hey, we finally got stickied. =)

it's interesting to look back now, knowing that Ike and Diddy are in and Petey's at least a boss.

i have to admit, when i first read the Petey suggestion i thought it was silly. i stand corrected. sakurai haz teh vizon. ;)

i'm looking forward to seeing Dedede and Ridley as well, along with all his other surprises.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
If Jeigan gets into this game I would be laughing for the next 5 days after the announcement.

He's gotta be one of those characters that looks absolutely incredible on paper, but ultimately is incredibly weak because nothing quite works.

Super Secret unlockable?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Deosn't matter. Just because he belongs to Square, doesn't mean he will be one of the 1-2 added 3rd party characters. These slots are reserved for icons who were important to Nintendo's past. I honestly believe that Geno will not be counted as such and I am surprised more people don't share my beliefs.
wrong. the only 3rd parties to get multiple votes on Sakurai's poll were Geno and Mega Man. Sega is too incompetent to let their star player, who's been failing miserably lately in the gaming department, enter into brawl...and they proved that by having Mario & Sonic at the Olympics conveniently being released less than 3 weeks before brawl. seeing as Diddy and Ike are already confirmed and Ridley is semi-confirmed, you can tell that Sakurai is paying significant attention to the leaders on his poll. Geno wont get it as 1st party because hes NOT 1st party, no matter if hes only been in Mario games or not. if by some weird stroke of fate Sega gets their **** together and puts Sonic in, then Geno wouldve just robbed Mega Man. and if not then Geno and Mega Man will take those slots and Bomberman wouldve been robbed

Dynamism

Smash Lord
wrong. the only 3rd parties to get multiple votes on Sakurai's poll were Geno and Mega Man. Sega is too incompetent to let their star player, who's been failing miserably lately in the gaming department, enter into brawl...and they proved that by having Mario & Sonic at the Olympics conveniently being released less than 3 weeks before brawl. seeing as Diddy and Ike are already confirmed and Ridley is semi-confirmed, you can tell that Sakurai is paying significant attention to the leaders on his poll. Geno wont get it as 1st party because hes NOT 1st party, no matter if hes only been in Mario games or not. if by some weird stroke of fate Sega gets their **** together and puts Sonic in, then Geno wouldve just robbed Mega Man. and if not then Geno and Mega Man will take those slots and Bomberman wouldve been robbed
Indeed, unfortunatly that bull****ter Snake robbed one already...Bomberman Sonic or Megaman. Oh well, what's done is done.
lol
jk Snake is sweet, but I'll have to go with Sonic and Bman, **** Geno and Mega!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
u guys the 2-3 3rd party character isnt set in stone. Sakurai said he EXPECTED 2-3 more, not that he would only allow 2-3 in the game. One third party is not going to affect another. it would make any sense to reject mega man just because geno and sonic are in. All three characters are very unique, there'd be no logical reason not to include any of them. Sure, they may have to pay for some characters (even though we dont really know this, we just assume) but adding them will lead to more sales...

Del Money

Smash Champion
u guys the 2-3 3rd party character isnt set in stone. Sakurai said he EXPECTED 2-3 more, not that he would only allow 2-3 in the game.
WikiPedia said:
"Sakurai has stated that he may not want to put much emphasis on Japan-only characters, but it has been noted that this may change due to the success that the Fire Emblem series characters enjoyed internationally thanks to their inclusion in Melee. He also said that third-party characters will amount to one or two, excluding Snake."
its seems pretty cut and dry at 1 or 2 more 3rd parties at the moment
One third party is not going to affect another. it would make any sense to reject mega man just because geno and sonic are in. All three characters are very unique, there'd be no logical reason not to include any of them. Sure, they may have to pay for some characters (even though we dont really know this, we just assume) but adding them will lead to more sales...
i see your logic but honestly i dont think Sakurai cares too much about representing renowned 3rd party franchises (especially with Geno so damm high on the poll). since theyre 3rd parties, theyre intended to be a rarity. any more than 3 3rd party characters is essentially 10+% (4 or more out of around 40) of the estimated roster count. its not a large fration but it is significant. i just dont see Sakurai seeking out the big names. i think he might just go for 3rd parties at his convenience and that the fans made clearly to him in his polls.

id prefer if someone had the actual poll results for 3rd parties only (the one in which it was determined that Sonic was the most requested 3rd party character). i wanna know who the hell got 2nd place. i hope it was Mega Man but i dont wanna assume it anymore, especially with a one-hit (playable) wonder like Geno taking all this undeserved spotlight. the more i assume the more potentially disappointed ill be come 12/3/07. so yeah has a link that would be nice

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Del, that Wiki article your read was wrong. I remember when that news first came out. He said he expected 2-3 3rd parties, its not definate, it could easily change

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I support Mega Man, Bomberman, Sonic and Geno and they are all third party...

Why all the hate...? I just want Geno in a bit more...

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
okay THESE should be the new charcacters in brawl:

i think pichu and roy should be replaced with poketrainer and ike (still unlock them)

wario pit snake meta knight and diddy kong should be the newcomers u start out with.

and the new characters in brawl u unlock should be:

Zant (Zelda)
Deathborn (FZero)
Petey Piranha (Mario)
Waluigi (Mario)
Ridley (Metroid)
Darkrai (Pokemon)
King Dedede (Kirby)
Wolf (Star Fox)
and
Sonic

if they did this thered be a good balance of chars and 40 characters

they need deathborn cuz there needs 2 b another heavyweight and fzero char. and hed fill both places

zants probly the most likely new zelda char. hes real popular now and hed make a really cool character.

notice most of my chars r actually "cool" not some stupid monkey or blue fox or link in horrible graphics.

plus we need new metroid and kirby characters.

i wanted deoxys at 1st but he had 2 b in a pokeball. he and poketrainer couldve switched places cuz deoxys also has 3 forms. and the starters couldve been in pokeballs. WHY DIDNT NINTENDO THINK OF THAT? so darkrais my 2nd choice.

these would definitely be the best new characters for brawl.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno
Geno had 4 times for an idea while Sukapon had 2... my hopes have been lifted! *.*

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys, I was wondering, which Fire Emblem game does Nabaru come from?
Navahl/Nabal/Nabarl/Nabaru comes from 1 and 3, however in nearly every game a character like him (an early joining swordmaster with a killing edge that is ininitly hostile) appears in nearly everygame (examples include Guy Joshua and Ziharik) these characters are commonly called archtypes

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Yeah it's getting a little out of hand...my bad
my apologies...anywho

I was wondering why MK wasn't on the poll and he's in! Who else wasn't on the poll but would be an obvious one? I think that means they were already decided... just a thought...

It's because the poll took place after the first trailer in which we found out Meta Knight is in the game. Same reason Pit, ZSS, Wario, and Snake weren't on it.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255

It's because the poll took place after the first trailer in which we found out Meta Knight is in the game. Same reason Pit, ZSS, Wario, and Snake weren't on it.
Yeah, but I'm still wondering why Sonic isn't there...

maybe Sakurai doesn't wantED him to be in BRawl?

Top Bottom