• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

Del Money

Smash Champion
Sonic was on the list with five comments but the topic creator forgot to add him.
"forgot to add Sonic"...all i can say is WOW. anyways i still dont get why Geno is higher than Megaman, Megaman is much more well-known than Geno. oh and did he forget Little Mac too?

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Note: Alot of them arent gonna be on... And alot more will be on. There was a prediction of 60-100 Character in Brawl. And only 2-5 3d-Party. If there are only 2 they are gonna be Sonic and Snake. Snake is still not confirmed. But he will be soon. Nintendo is planning on putting Sonic in but they are still waiting for a confirmation. He should be confirmed by late October... If he's confirmed at all. And by the way. They said they may completly get rid of Japenese characters like Marth and Roy. So most of those people will NOT be includes.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Mmm
Take that Wolf.. Ahem..

That is a lot of darn characters...

He should have done one for America too.. Oh man never mind..

cccck

Smash Journeyman
Note: Alot of them arent gonna be on... And alot more will be on. There was a prediction of 60-100 Character in Brawl. And only 2-5 3d-Party. If there are only 2 they are gonna be Sonic and Snake. Snake is still not confirmed. But he will be soon. Nintendo is planning on putting Sonic in but they are still waiting for a confirmation. He should be confirmed by late October... If he's confirmed at all. And by the way. They said they may completly get rid of Japenese characters like Marth and Roy. So most of those people will NOT be includes.
from what I hear, they have 45 max, most people say 35-40 frin , and 3 3-d party AT MOST from what I hear

and link's uncle for brawl!

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Sorry, but the only 3 party on Sakurai's mind are Simon, Mega man, Sora, Princess Katia, Colonel Volgin, James Bond, Isaac, Felix, Jill and Magnus as you see (correct me if I'm wrong).

Sonic already has his "w/Mario" game, and the launch date is so close to Smash so it can fill the void of sonic Fans.

I'm bumping this thread as well so that people can see who the characters were that Sakurai actually put on his polls. As you can see, Goroh was never on there; so it is no major upset. Black Shadow is the only F-Zero character who has been on one of his polls.

Also, Dedede is ranked number one with 5 mentions, while Ridley with 4 is in the second spot along with Diddy, Geno ,and Ike.
Good job, now we have an idea of what's going on.

King Dedede(5)
Diddy Kong(4)
Geno(4)
Ike(4)
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)

I can see them in Brawl easily.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sorry, but the only 3 party on Sakurai's mind are Simon, Mega man, Sora, Princess Katia, Colonel Volgin, James Bond, Isaac, Felix, Jill and Magnus as you see (correct me if I'm wrong).

Sonic already has his "w/Mario" game, and the launch date is so close to Smash so it can fill the void of sonic Fans.
What are you talking about?

Sure there is no confirmation of Nintendo planning on putting Sonic in, but it'd seem really stupid of them just to forget about him just because there's another game coming out.

Let me tell you something, that other game will probably only provide a few hours of fun, while SSBB will provide years of fun. There's no way that silly game could fill the void for Sonic fans.

This is coming from somebody who hates Sonic and doesn't even want him in the game, so there is no bias. XD

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i think that was a joke post and i also thought it was funny how sonic was not on the poll and he is one of the most wanted characters for smash bros brawl, does that tell you anything about the polls....

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
Sure there is no confirmation of Nintendo planning on putting Sonic in, but it'd seem really stupid of them just to forget about him just because there's another game coming out.
I'm only "analyzing" the reality...

Edit:

i think that was a joke post
No it wasn't

and i also thought it was funny how sonic was not on the poll and he is one of the most wanted characters for smash bros brawl, does that tell you anything about the polls....
that isn't something to trust about... Goroh and Deoxys were sooo wanted too.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
HA HA HA LOOOOOL! Who can you judge someone? Did I say I hate Sonic???? please refer me to that post... if u find it, you're telling the truth, if not, you phail so bad.

I've been playing Sonic Games before u were born, Do u think I don't want him in Brawl??? :psycho:

*sigh* I'm only "analyzing" the reality...
I never said you hated Sonic, I was saying that I hate Sonic. >_> The whole last sentence was about me.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I never really looked at the characters on Sakurai's poll until just now, but most of those choices are terrible.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Ummm... Maybe because Geno appeared in a Mario game?
exactly. he appeared in 2 games and was only playable in 1. megaman is a legend...18th best-selling video game franchise has been around since 1987. and first appearance on the NES. well-known in the world more than some 1-hit wonder Mario RPG that fanboys especially on these baords wanna roll into bed with. so dont try and insult my intelligence again, you friggin monkey

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Sonic has a better chance than Megaman... Sega is Closer to Nintendo than Konami. Konami and Nintendo is like Sony & Microsoft.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Sonic has a better chance than Megaman... Sega is Closer to Nintendo than Konami. Konami and Nintendo is like Sony & Microsoft.
You mean *Capcom* not Konami.

So it looks like this list might be beautiful cause Ike's in Brawl and running. I can see Diddy's *** being in this shiz real soon.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Diddy and Dedede and Ridley without a doubt. im just pissed at the thought of Geno taking a 3rd party slot. and Megaman being so low on that poll. the fool even left out Sonic for Christ's sake. Sakurai poll = teh suck

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Eight Sage
you forgot that Ridley has 4 too. and that poll is total bull****. Sonic is missing...someone please correct that (and i know he didnt get 1 vote).

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
@Eight Sage
you forgot that Ridley has 4 too. and that poll is total bull****. Sonic is missing...someone please correct that (and i know he didnt get 1 vote).
Yup Money, I'm missing Ridley.

And Sonic Isn't in Brawl, IMO, although I've been playing his games for 15 years, I still sustain that Mario and Sonic at the Olympics Is the excuse for him not being in Brawl.

Del Money

Smash Champion
And Sonic Isn't in Brawl, IMO, although I've been playing his games from 15 years, I still sustain that Mario and Sonic at the Olympics Is the excuse for him not being in Brawl.
im really gonna hate you if youre right. why does Sega love to assrape themselves every time they get erect? my goodness. oh well...Megaman and Bomberman for 3rd party then

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I don't even see that happening. Hudson seems to be too jacked-up on XBOX Live to be releasing Nintendo-related content, and (despite my love for the character) Capcom seems like the kind of company that will bogard Megaman and prevent him from appearing in a non-Capcom release.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I don't even see that happening. Hudson seems to be too jacked-up on XBOX Live to be releasing Nintendo-related content, and (despite my love for the character) Capcom seems like the kind of company that will bogard Megaman and prevent him from appearing in a non-Capcom release.
so whos gonna take 3rd party then? Rayman and Pacman?

i mean seriously...Hudson...Mario Party....see the connection? Hudson isnt abandoning nintendo. and the creator of Megaman already said he would like Megaman in brawl

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
@Del Money: Sonic was the character with the MOST fan support and Sakurai commented on him five times. He's past Dedede for most likely. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The thread creator forgot to add him but he's on Sakurai's poll, no doubt.

And as for the characters that don't stand a chance, Sakurai probably left comments on them like "WTF? Why would you suggest that?" or something. And he left so many comments on Geno because he was interested in him. I don't think he ever played SMRPG so he must have been curious. I would be too if I heard of a Mario character that was a doll who shot beams.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
@Del Money: Sonic was the character with the MOST fan support and Sakurai commented on him five times. He's past Dedede for most likely. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The thread creator forgot to add him but he's on Sakurai's poll, no doubt.

And as for the characters that don't stand a chance, Sakurai probably left comments on them like "WTF? Why would you suggest that?" or something. And he left so many comments on Geno because he was interested in him. I don't think he ever played SMRPG so he must have been curious. I would be too if I heard of a Mario character that was a doll who shot beams.
is there any site where you can read his comments? Im really only concerned with his comments as they pertain to mega man....

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Thanks Uncle Kenny!

Here's what he said about mega man

Mega Man-- Many of us would LOVE to see this character, in any of his forms, but how likely is he anyways? Well, he appears on the poll, so that's a good thing. And he's pretty much equally popular in both East and West. Good. And Sakurai doesn't mind him, and may even be friends with his creator (Inafune) for all we know. Mega Man was originally all about Nintendo anyways, and appeared strongly in full force on the NES console (even to the point where Nintendo published Mega Man 6 for Capcom). The series grew up and spunoff Mega Man X, which went off to the Playstation and took with it Legends, leaving a few years gap until the GBA got Zero and EXE, and now the DS with ZX. But Mega Man is as prolific, recognizable, and popular as Mario. Definitely. So he's not a bad choice in the least. To be honest, I haven't heard squat about the character other than his place on the poll, but I'm sure he's been considered seriously for Brawl.

CM august

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble finding Sakurai's actual translated comments on the matter. Were the transcripts actually posted on that page and I just missed them?

I'd love to see what he said about Diddy Kong and King K. Rool, among others.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
@Eight Sage
you really think they have to ask about sonic? I think they just know. if they asked every one would "know" hes in.

Lok

Smash Cadet
How is Jeff more popular then Poo? I mean COME ON!!! Who wants to play a boarding school escapee who shoots bottle rockets more then a prince who knows the most powerful move in the game! INSANITY!!!

Top Bottom