• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
Did you change the way you're doing your letter rankings? I just noticed the middle is considerably thicker now, and the bottom seems thinned out. Also noted that certain characters may not have overpassed or lost any positions, but moved up a rank (i.e. Kirby: still 15th, but moved up from "C" to "B"

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I think it is important that European tournaments are not considered for this list. If you updated the list such that all tournaments during the first 2 or so months of the American release weren't counted because "we were still learning to play" then obviously the same treatment needs to be given to the European metagame.

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
ugh I really feel like I should contribute to lucario with the results from my last tourney.
But I feel soooooooooo lazy right now... and I only remember the top 4 players so I doubt it would be of much help >_>

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
C. Falcon in C rank?

YES I KNOW THIS IS NOT A TIER LIST.

I am merely surprised at how decently C. Falcon is ranking.

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Wow, nice to know that my favourites are pretty underused. Good Ol' Zamus, PokeManz and Gannon. I love this little list, good to compare what people consider "Tiers".

chckn

Smash Ace
C. Falcon in C rank?

YES I KNOW THIS IS NOT A TIER LIST.

I am merely surprised at how decently C. Falcon is ranking.
IMO CF is doing so decently because he is widely accepted as the worst character. People pick him up because of how terrible everyone says that he is in order to prove people wrong and be able to say I win with the worst character in the game. IDK either that or we SERIOUSLY miscalculated when saying he was so terrible. The problem with this theory is that his matchups/moveset are so poor that this theory cannot be taken seriously.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I think part of the reason Falcon is doing so well lately is that people want to prove that they can do well with the "worst character in the game".
People pick him up because of how terrible everyone says that he is in order to prove people wrong and be able to say I win with the worst character in the game.
Plagiarism chckn? It'll be your head next.

Edit: I just got the irony of cutting off a chckn's head.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually, it's because Roy_R used Captain Falcon along with Marth at a tournament and placed second.

nirniva

Smash Rookie
Owch...both of my mains (Sonic and Toon Link) are E ranked.
Oh, well, Olimar (who's not really a main, but I use him occasionally) got A ranked! XD

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Pretty accurate. Lulz, I was expecting to see Bowser or Lucas as 'overused', but none of the rankings come as any surprise. :)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
C. Falcon can do well because nobody knows the matchup. That's a pretty big deal in Brawl.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
europe should be counted......

they will eventually learn to play and they are tournaments so count them....

They have some really good players who have modded wii's and it will be those types of players that will place

The others will catch up

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman

They have some really good players who have modded wii's and it will be those types of players that will place

The others will catch up
I agree, anyway, some Europeans got brawl before Americans! Either way, America has already developed a meta game for Europe.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
They will be counted after two months. I don't think they should receive special treatment. >_>

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
They will be counted after two months. I don't think they should receive special treatment. >_>
Special treatment? we got special treatment, we got brawl early! (well... technically late but still before most europeans)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
And? What Nintendo does has no impact on what we do, or rather, it does in the sense that they have to wait too.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace

The others will catch up
I agree, anyway, some Europeans got brawl before Americans! Either way, America has already developed a meta game for Europe.
Europe can't be counted, because no matter how much Smash they might have watched, there is no possible way that they will adjust to the new psychics engine or the improved defensive engines in a short amount of time. The last thing this thread needs is a bunch of tourny results spewing in with Ike & such placing high because no one understands how to abuse the system yet. -.-

2 months is ample time to allow the Europians to learn to get their technical game up to date. Heck, its probably too long in a game like Brawl, but meh.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the work Ankoku. Can't wait to see how this is gonna look so diiferent in the future.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
At least compromise a bit sooner than two months, Ankoku.

I'd say two weeks at most. They do have some talented people up there who should be able to adapt quite quickly. I mean, Azen stepped up the Lucario metagame pretty much as soon as he started playing Lucario. Just an example. (Well yeah, he is a prodigy... but it's still an example.)

At least compromise a bit sooner than two months, Ankoku.

I'd say two weeks at most. They do have some talented people up there who should be able to adapt quite quickly. I mean, Azen stepped up the Lucario metagame pretty much as soon as he started playing Lucario. Just an example. (Well yeah, he is a prodigy... but it's still an example.)
I'd say one month at the VERY bare minimum. Sure they can watch and mimic us all they want, but there's a difference from actually playing the game and observation.

Two weeks would be a little too shortm and characters like Ike and Sonic may get underserved intial boosts just like they did in the intial verisons of the rankings because of them still in the learning to play era.

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
i dont understand why toon link and ike are so low in the ranking.... i think they are very good chars and their metagame its decently developed

Cheetor720

Smash Rookie
i dont understand why toon link and ike are so low in the ranking.... i think they are very good chars and their metagame its decently developed
Don't the top 2 characters in this game, Meta and Snake, completely **** Ike?

Krakatoa

Smash Cadet
Toon Link in the lowest rank ?? lol dude no wayy . i own people with toon link . he should be AT LEAST in the 2nd highest rank IMO.
Two things

1.- This is not a tier list, this is a ranking of appearences in tournaments

2.- Even if it where a tier list, If you own people with TL it doesn't mean everyone owns with him

I'm not attacking you, just telling

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
Two things

1.- This is not a tier list, this is a ranking of appearences in tournaments

2.- Even if it where a tier list, If you own people with TL it doesn't mean everyone owns with him

I'm not attacking you, just telling
ankoku needs to post THIS IS NOT A TIER LIST in the OP.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
hey guys im the champion of peach i beat all my friends why she is so low??????????????????????????? she should be at least high tire god

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
hey guys im the champion of peach i beat all my friends why she is so low??????????????????????????? she should be at least high tire god
NEVER POST HERE AGAIN, this is not a tire list, did you read the post above yours!

Chip.

you know what to do
Because they don't win.
<_<

Rose City Brawl

36 entrants
$5 entry fee*
Portland, Oregon. This tournament featured all of Washington's and Oregon's top players.

*This was actually suppossed to be a $10 entry fee but was split in half so that the other $5 was to be donated to OMG (Oregon Mega Games tournament) so that it will have a larger cash prize.

1. Chip - toon Link
2. EMOMONEY - DDD/Snake
3. brdy - Metaknight
4. t1mmy - Kirby/DDD/Metaknight?
5. BladeWise - Marth
5. Jem - Falco/Snake
7. Tudios - Ike
7. t0mmy - ROB
9. Eggz - metaknight
9. Kamaji - Snake
9. Peach Masta - Snake
9. ckm01 - ?