• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Character Match-Ups

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Is it at all possible to deal with Marth countering your up+B everytime you go below the stage other than SDI ledgetech?

AXE 09

Smash Master
haha yeah it is. gamer, you need to come down here again! those vids of us are kinda old, and i don't want to upload them, i want new ones^^ so whenever you come down or i go over to your place, we can record new vids so we won't look nubish :p (well, AS nubish). so what attack should a falco use against a jiggs that just missed a rest?

lipingpong

Smash Rookie
nice thread, now i know how to play against all my friends who usually plays marth
*edit*
Sorry for the double post, my computer had like connection problems so i didn't know i posted it

mlgxhafllife

Smash Rookie
Refering to Capitan Falcon:
GamerGuitarist7 you said: "You can edge hog him easily, or a simple dair spike if he aims above the ledge, or a smash or other aerial also if he lands a bit above the ledge. You can use lasers on his recovery, but that could bring him closer to you. (anyone have tips on this?)"

well (pretty much same as ganon) what I do with lasering on his recovery if I know he will make it to the edge but I'm unable to get there fast enough to edge hog...I SHL so he has to recover again...this new recovery should most likly land him on top of the stage where u can go to your fsmash, dair, anything said before ftw ect... Can anyone agree or something better? just ask if ur confused i suck at explaing things thanks

Sanu

Smash Champion
You can CC Sheik's dash attack and ftilt to grab at low percentages. Trying to figure out if you can CC Marth's fair non-tipper at low%, but haven't had the chance.

Thanks for the guide, nice to have this information in written form.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Falco vs Marth has always been a great matchup. We used both of them a lot.
Ganondorf has a 10% chance? lol, poor Ganon, he might not ever be good...

Unless there was another Smash Bros. game, then he might be... *points at sig*

SK919

Deal with it
Marth is my enemy

I need help vs. marth.

I try to abuse my laser but I still have a problem keeping them out...

I find it hard to avoid getting grabbed and tippered < grrrrrr

Help me out guyz

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
probably ditto if you have the finger speed for it, but ICs are not bad vs. Falco. I'd say Falco has a slight edge on ICs, but dittos are one of the harder matchups to play as Falco. So again, if you're not comfortable with the speed of dittos, ICs are perfectly fine in the matchup.

pockyD

Smash Legend
almost every single one of falco's relevant matchups are better than IC's

either you stick to IC vs. falco (which is one of IC's better upper half matchups in a vacuum) or you straight up switch your main to falco

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I was kinda thinking that too I do need to practice more with falco however and I CAN NOT go IC's vs CF or IC's vs peach, Without a doubt I switch to falco in those matchups

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
no they don't, they need to redo it, cause just about everything in here is outdated/bad.

I'm thinking about doing a complete matchup guide in my thread, but it's a lot of work and every time I get started, I just end up sad at how much more I have to write.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
no they don't, they need to redo it, cause just about everything in here is outdated/bad.

I'm thinking about doing a complete matchup guide in my thread, but it's a lot of work and every time I get started, I just end up sad at how much more I have to write.
meh ill help a bit if you want lol

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
what if marth approaches with a powershield->grab. then you're ****ed because you actually didn't change anything XD

ILoveTacos

Smash Rookie
Im sick of peach... recently ive been getting ripped up by all these Peach mains and its been frustrating. Probably cause ive been changin char's too much but now ive decided to settle down with Falco. I read the matchup guide on peach but I feel like its not helping me at all. It'd be cool if ya'll made a video guide on killin peach or something T_T

Dior

Smash Cadet
I think A character matchup for jiggs is needed. I have no clue how to beat a high level Puff

Dior

Smash Cadet
Im sick of peach... recently ive been getting ripped up by all these Peach mains and its been frustrating. Probably cause ive been changin char's too much but now ive decided to settle down with Falco. I read the matchup guide on peach but I feel like its not helping me at all. It'd be cool if ya'll made a video guide on killin peach or something T_T
I feel you son, peach players are dumb as fux. You should watch some of Dr.Peepee's matches against Armada, it will show you alot.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
How can Samus deal with Falco's laser pressure? Would you guys recomment up-b OOS as you get close to avoid the laser grab?

Top Bottom