• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exploration Thread - Day 79: Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one stood
He chose the path of perpetual torment
In his ravenous hatred he found no peace
And with boiling blood he scoured the Umbral Plains seeking vengeance against the dark lords who had wronged him
And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him
The Doom Slayer"

I got a lot to say about this guy when we move over properly (and when it ain't 4am) but boy he's fun.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Doomguy.....also known as the guy who is too angry to die.

Yeah, I would love for him to join the battle. I just love how badass he is, mowing down armies of nasty demons by himself. He is the epitome of a badass. He makes demons cry. He makes the Devil check under his bed every night. And he has the biggest ******* gun to boot. Oh yeah, and we need him to officially meet Isabelle.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Doomguy is someone I'd love to have in. He's from a great series as is. I only mostly played Doom 64, and it's been so long all I remember is the BFG when it comes to guns. But there's still stuff like knives, punching, etc. to round out an easy moveset as is. He's not lacking in a single option, and at most, trying to put them together for a coherent moveset requires a bit more effort than pasting weapons/attacks.

However, he does go to Hell outright to get his pet rabbit, who could make for a good Spirit alone. Coupled with other various Demons too(Baron of Hell, Cacodemon, etc.), and you got an easy Spirit Board.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Doom Slayer's moveset would entirely revolve around running and gunning as per the original Doom games. Doom is built around you moving around really quickly whilst attacking the legions of hell, if you stop moving or slow down you risk taking heavy damage.

Doom Slayer would reflect this by having a high movement speed in Smash but being easy to launch, however he has excellent ranged options. But how would he get the KOs? Doom Slayer also has great close quarters options, the Super Shotgun is extremely powerful, he has a wrist blade, a chainsaw and even his bare hands. Needless to say, Slayer's best options would involve having to get in close. This would entail him using his glory kill moves which work best as throws and the chainsaw might act as a command grab. In short he's a ranged glass cannon.

Slayer has an abundance of weapons and weapon mods available to him.
He has a simple pistol, a combat shotgun which can also fire grenades or enable a rotary rapid fire, a machine gun which can scope in or fire rockets, a plasma rifle which can also fire a beam or unleash a burst of built up heat, a rocket launcher which can be remotely detonated or lock on to the foe, a chaingun which can put up a small shield or turn into a full on turret, a gauss cannon which can charge up a devastating precision shot or a penetrating shot, the Super Shotgun which comes with an attached meathook that can set foes on fire, a shoulder mounted equipment launcher which can fire frag grenades, ice bombs and even act as a flamethrower, the doomblade which is used for glory kills, the chainsaw which serves the same purpose and the blood punch which is a super charged melee attack

Finally there's some super weapons he has access to. There's the Crucible which is a big red sword of wrath/hell/argent energy, the only way in which titans and the Icon of Sin are able to be subdued, there's the Unmaykr which rapidly fires argent projectiles in a wide arc and then of course, there's the Big ****ing Gun which is basically a screen nuke and the obvious Final Smash for the Slayer.

Quintessential weapons to include would be the Super Shotgun, BFG, the plasma rifle and rocket launcher with the Crucible perhaps being saved for Smash Attacks with movement being based around Eternal.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So Schnee covered the moveset as-is (Nice job, BTW), but then there's the stage and music.

As far as stages go, Doom has no shortage of memorable areas to play in. From the classic E1M1, to the Tower of Babel where you fight the Cyberdemon in Episode 2 of Doom 1, to the UAC Facility found in Doom 2016, to Argent D'nur, the homeworld of the Night Sentinels where you fight demons multiple times in Eternal. I believe the Tower of Babel to be the best option because it's home to one of the most memorable fights in Classic Doom, up there with the Spider Mastermind and the Icon of Sin. Though, it would be rather iffy to actually put Hell in as a level but hey, Kazuya's "Gates of Hell" move has its name intact in-game, so who knows?

As for the music, Doom has had some BOPPIN' tunes over the years. Ranging from the classics like At Doom's Gate and Running Into Evil to modern masterpieces like BFG Division and The Only Thing They Fear Is You. There should be a metric ton of Doom tracks to pick from for a potential Doom Challenger Pack, like probably not Terry level, but at most probably Kazuya level.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
What do you all think would be Doomguy's reveal trailer?

I've shared this a few times in other threads but I got the idea of his trailer being a sequel to Hero's. When it starts out, you see the 4 heroes exhausted and still surrounded by the possessed Smashers. Suddenly you see people being taken out within the crowd. Some are thrown into the air, you hear shotgun blasts going off, and yet you don't clearly see who is doing the rampaging. Then, the newcomer goes on a cliff, jumps down, and lands on top of one of the possessed characters. The camera shows the guy's feet and then it tilts up while he is switching out to a different gun to reveal who it is.

"The Doom Marine rips and tears!"
while At Doom's Gate plays

GolisoPower

Smash Master

I've shared this a few times in other threads but I got the idea of his trailer being a sequel to Hero's. When it starts out, you see the 4 heroes exhausted and still surrounded by the possessed Smashers. Suddenly you see people being taken out within the crowd. Some are thrown into the air, you hear shotgun blasts going off, and yet you don't clearly see who is doing the rampaging. Then, the newcomer goes on a cliff, jumps down, and lands on top of one of the possessed characters. The camera shows the guy's feet and then it tilts up while he is switching out to a different gun to reveal who it is.

Me personally? I imagine it like this:

We're treated to a long, ominous steel hallway, countless Fighter Puppets splayed along the ground as though something...or someone...had destroyed them. Flashes of the various "deaths" of each Fighter Puppet they pass through is shown, ranging from the Doom Slayer stabbing Ganondorf in the forehead with the Doomblade, Ocarina of Time style, to Sephiroth having his damn wing torn off, to Charizard being force-fed the burning tip of his tail. As the camera pans, the sounds of fighting are getting louder and louder until we are shown a Ridley Puppet, though injured, attempting to continue. He is hit with a burst of three missiles, and as he's staggering, gets knocked on the ground by a barrage of Plasma orbs. As he attempts to get up, a green metal boot stomps on Ridley's torso and a familiar double-barreled gun is pointed at him. Ridley lets out a defiant roar but earns a blast in the mouth for his troubles, though the blast is only seen from a shadow splayed on the wall. Three more puppets, those of Kazuya, Bayonetta, and King K. Rool, show up and are understandable horrified at the scene before them. The man who murdered the Ridley Puppet turns towards them, a single eye glowing red with Argent Energy, brighter than the sun, before he charges at them.

THE DOOM SLAYER Hurts 'Em Plenty!

Cue gameplay with BFG Division in the background.

amageish

Smash Master

I want the trailer to be about Doomslayer being sent off to face down the most dangerous foe yet, with a lot of dramatic VO and footage of him walking through fire. You know, make it look like a new Doom trailer - and not just that, but the edgiest and darkest Doom game yet.

Then... it happens... he ends up in a dark hallway, face to face with his enemy...

Doomguy stares at the pink demon in confusion, but is taken aback when the demon pulls out a Smash invite and throws it at Doomguy (styled like him throwing hearts in Star Allies) and flies away.

Doomguy accepts the taunt from the demon and vows that one day he will hunt him down... in the BATTLEFIELD OF SMASH.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i have only one thing to say i regards to this character. it might only make sense to the british users of this forum but ill say it anyway

Baba

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Doomguy is likely, but I do think that he's the most important video game character that isn't already in Smash.
Doom is up there with Super Mario Bros and Pac-Man in terms of its importance to the industry.

If anything I think we'll get a mii costume of him. Hope I'm wrong and he'll be a full character, but not holding my breath for it.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I remember making a Spirit Board of a lot of demons a while back. Might be a little outdated, but I think it checks out. Don't know if I could find it, but it mainly composed of some of the demons you face in the classic games.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Doom Guy would be cool, but Y'know he is M-Rated Character and I don't think that Sakurai will tone him Down. Since, this game has Heavy Religious Content and Deadly Violence, Sakurai might avoid him to join the Roster.
Between Snake, Bayonetta, and Joker, I don't get why people still don't seem to understand that a character being from an M-rated game isn't an issue with them getting in, or why they're under the impression that it's outright impossible to tone violence down.

Anyway, I posted my idea for a Doomguy moveset elsewhere, along with a challenger pack.

Challenger Pack #? - Doomguy

Four costumes are palette swaps of his Doom Eternal outfit (left), and four costumes are palette swaps of his classic outfit from Doom Eternal (right).

Stage: UAC Base

Music:
-At Doom's Gate
-Kitchen Ace (and Taking Names)
-I Sawed the Demons
-Facing the Spider
-Running from Evil
-Shawn's Got the Shotgun
-Into Sandy's City
-Rip and Tear
-BFG Division
-The Only Thing They Fear is You
-The Khan Maykr
-The Icon of Sin

Spirits:
-Doomguy (fighter spirit)
-Doomguy (Classic) (fighter spirit)
-Zombie (:starman: :ultdarksamus:)
-Pinky (:starman::ultwario:)
-Imp (:starman: tiny :ultridley::ultridley::ultridley::ultridley:)
-Dr. Samuel Hayden (:starman::starman::ultrob:)
-Cacodemon (:starman::starman::ultkirby::ultkirby:)
-Mancubus (:starman::starman::ultkrool:)
-Revenant (:starman::starman::ultsnake::ultsnake:)
-Baron of Hell (:starman::starman::starman::ultbowser::ultbowser:)
-Spider-Mastermind (:starman::starman::starman::ultmewtwo::ultdarksamus::ultdarksamus:)
-Marauder (:starman::starman::starman::ultcloud::ultwolf:)
-Khan Maykr (:starman::starman::starman: giant :ultpalutena: + :ultpit::ultpit::ultpit:)
-Cyberdemon (:starman::starman::starman: giant :ultridley: (Meta-Ridley))
-Icon of Sin (:starman::starman::starman::starman: giant :ultbowser: + :ultkrool::ultkirby::ultsnake::ultdarksamus::ultwario:)

Classic Mode: Rip and Tear
-Round 1: vs. :ultdarkpit: at Find Mii
-Round 2: vs. :ultdarksamus::ultdarksamus: at Frigate Orpheon
-Round 3: vs. :ultbayonetta: at Brinstar Depths (Battlefield)
-Round 4: vs. :ultridley: at Norfair
-Round 5: vs. :ultbowser: horde at Final Destination
-Round 6: vs. :ultpalutena: at Lylat Cruise
-Bonus Game
-Boss: Ganon

Mii costumes:
-Zombie (Doom) (gunner)
-Commander Keen (gunner)
-Cacodemon (hat)
-Marauder (swordfighter)
-Rash (Battletoads) (brawler)
-Dragonborn (swordfighter)
(this was before the Dragonborn Mii fighter costume was announced)

I've posted plenty of other material about Doomguy, if people want to see it (or if I can find it - it's scattered between several threads). I only got into Doom through the 2016 game, but I've enjoyed it much more than my other attempts at getting into single player FPS games, and I would love to see Doomguy make it into Smash at some point.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Only thing I want to see from the trailer is Doomguy high-fiving Isabelle at the end as a nod to the memes. Albeit, I don't know if the trailer could've been made in time to know the memes. But that would be hilariously fun.

As I did get into the series mainly through Doom 64(my first FPS was Wolfenstein 3D, heh), I'd love to see the Key Cards maybe as a Taunt or Victory Screen, or even him just waving it around as an Idle. It's a small part of the series, though. I mean, it's not as big as Daisy not having her iconic "Hi I'm Daisy!" taunt/victory/something, though. Just a cool gameplay element I like~

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
I have no desire for Doomguy (is that really his name? Really?) to join smash BUT with all the memes of him and Isabelle being a tag team - I wouldn’t hate it. And I would heavily expect his announcement trailer to nod towards him and Isabelle being friends

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Doomguy would be a really fun addition to Smash. I used to play the original DOOM on PC when I was younger but I've never gotten around to playing the modern games. I don't typically play FPS games but something about DOOM just appeals to me and makes me want to try it out. I think I'll check the PlayStation store to see if the game is still on sale and give it a shot soon.

As far as a question goes, it's hard to think of one that hasn't already been brought up. For now, For starters, what do you think the boss should be if we got one? I'm not entirely familiar with the antagonist of the DOOM series but I know of a few specific random enemies (like the Cacodemon for example).

Noms:

x15 Goomba/Goombella

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Doomguy would be a really fun addition to Smash. I used to play the original DOOM on PC when I was younger but I've never gotten around to playing the modern games. I don't typically play FPS games but something about DOOM just appeals to me and makes me want to try it out. I think I'll check the PlayStation store to see if the game is still on sale and give it a shot soon.

As far as a question goes, it's hard to think of one that hasn't already been brought up. For now, For starters, what do you think the boss should be if we got one? I'm not entirely familiar with the antagonist of the DOOM series but I know of a few specific random enemies (like the Cacodemon for example).

Noms:

x15 Goomba/Goombella
Honestly, the Icon of Sin seems like the #1 option out of all of them, and for good reason. Not just because he was one of the biggest demons we've ever encountered, but Eternal gave him the best case of realized vision ever in video games. Seriously, though, screw Doom 2's Icon of Sin

Though if we were going strictly with the classics, either the Cyberdemon or the Spider Mastermind.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
1618585117984.png
1618584602018.png
1618585120224.jpeg

Doom Slayer/Doomguy

Doomguy/Doom Slayer is the only FPS character I support for Smash. I think he's got more history on Nintendo than any other character in the genre. Plus, I like the Doom games.

He'd obviously be a shooter-heavy character. I'll list some of my ideas for his moveset.

Neutral Attack: Regular punches that he's had throughout the entire series.

Tilts: Doomblade. All his tilts will have him using this.

Forward Smash: Super Shotgun

Neutral Special: A shooting feature similar to Banjo and Kazooie's Breegull Blaster (somebody brought this up in his support thread). This could also be his default stance too.

Forward Special: Grenade Launcher

Down Special: Gun Selection. This allows him to switch guns during gameplay (similar to Shulk's Monado Arts and Hero's Command Selection). The ammo will slowly fill back up overtime.
  • UAC EMG Sidearm (Doom 2016) - Unlimited ammo but only does standard damage.
  • Plasma Gun - 20 shots can shoot rapidly but also has the risk of running out fast because of it.
  • Rocket Launcher - 5 shots. The strongest of the guns, deals the most damage and can travel fast but can also hurt Doomguy if he's too close to the explosion.
  • Chaingun - 25 shots. Does the least amount of damage but can shoot rapidly and it can be used to push opponents away from the player.
Up Special: Rocket Jump (similar to the Lunar Launch). Does damage to the player similar to the games but only does 5% damage in this game.

Final Smash: BFG9000 (of course). Works just like Mewtwo's FS, only you can aim with this one before firing.

Stage: Mars. Taken from the 2016 game. This stage doesn't have any religious references or grotesque designs, so it would be safe for Smash.

Series symbol: The current symbol of the UAC (Union Aerospace Corporation).

Victory Theme: Intermission Theme

Last edited:

Baba

Smash Journeyman
1618585117984.png
1618584602018.png
1618585120224.jpeg

Doom Slayer/Doomguy

Doomguy/Doom Slayer is the only FPS character I support for Smash. I think he's got more history on Nintendo than any other character in the genre. Plus, I like the Doom games.

He'd obviously be a shooter-heavy character. I'll list some of my ideas for his moveset.

Neutral Attack: Regular punches that he's had throughout the entire series.

Tilts: Doomblade. All his tilts will have him using this.

Forward Smash: Super Shotgun

Neutral Special: A shooting feature similar to Banjo and Kazooie's Breegull Blaster (somebody brought this up in his support thread). This could also be his default stance too.

Forward Special: Grenade Launcher

Down Special: Gun Selection. This allows him to switch guns during gameplay (similar to Shulk's Monado Arts and Hero's Command Selection). The ammo will slowly fill back up overtime.
  • UAC EMG Sidearm (Doom 2016) - Unlimited ammo but only does standard damage.
  • Plasma Gun - 15 shots can shoot rapidly but also has the risk of running out fast because of it.
  • Rocket Launcher - 4 shots. The strongest of the guns, deals the most damage and can travel fast but can also hurt Doomguy if he's too close to the explosion.
  • Chaingun - 25 shots. Does the least amount of damage but can shoot rapidly and it can be used to push opponents away from the player.
Up Special: Rocket Jump (similar to the Lunar Launch). Does damage to the player similar to the games but only does 1% damage in this game.

Final Smash: BFG9000 (of course). Works just like Mewtwo's FS, only you can aim with this one before firing.

Stage: Mars. Taken from the 2016 game. This stage doesn't have any religious references or grotesque designs, so it would be safe for Smash.

Series symbol: The current symbol of the UAC (Union Aerospace Corporation).

Victory Theme: Intermission Theme

I have the same Up Special idea, but I think I'd have to go with the meathook for his side special. Could be used for recovery too seeing as rocket jumping probably wouldn't give him much of a vertical boost if used mid-air.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

My idea is have something similarly framed as Ridley and Belmont's trailers, have a dark red scifi area with cutesy characters like Pichu and Isabelle cowering in fear in a room, trying to hide from Ridley, Ganondorf, Bowser, all sorts of nasty stuff and they get found, one of the monstery villains tries to attack but they Slayer barges and grabs them, tosses them away before standing with his back turned against the cutesies, reloading a shotgun. After the gameplay montage, the room becomes wellit and Doom Slayer turns around and happily dances with the cutesies back to safety to show off his sillier and fun loving side, maybe while giving them piggyback rides

amageish

Smash Master
Our worlds collide on eternal horizons
A wild ride, every turn is surprising
We rip and tear until it's done
Then head back home and have some fun
Together we are
One!

75+ noms
Velvet Crowe - x110
Tsubasa Oribe - x100
Octoling - x97
Rintarou Okabe - x95
Axel Stone - x90
Endo Mamoru - x90
Black Mage - x85

50-75 noms
Shovel Knight - x75
Ryu Hayabusa - x75
Brian - x75
Alm - x75
Toad - x75
Filia (Skullgirls) - x70
Hearthstone Innkeeper - x65
Isaac (Golden Sun) - x65
Ori - x65
Heavy - x60

26-50 noms
Bubsy - x50
Vectorman - x45
2B - x40
Goomba/Goombella - x40
Carmen Sandiego - x35
Jonesy - x32
Wilfre - x30
Wadanohara* - x30
Zero Escape Rep - x30
Jason Frudnick - x30
Crypto - x30
Sly Cooper - x28
Trauma Center Content - x28

11-25 noms
Chun-Li - x25
Meowth - x25
Master Hand - x20
Mega Man X - x20
Morrigan - x20
Daitoryo - x20
God Eater Rep - x15
Darkest Dungeon Content - x11

5-10 noms
Gunvolt - x10
FEH Summoner - x10
Dart Monkey (Bloons) - x10
Jack (Final Fantasy Origin) - x5
Scizor - x5
Carl Johnson - x5
SMT Content - x5
Frogger - x5
Ezio - x5
9-volt - x5
Nathan Drake - x5
Ahri - x5
Spyro the Dragon - x3
Tracer - x3
Chell - x3

I was going to change the lyrics, but, eh, they fit the collusion of worlds that is the noms list.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I have the same Up Special idea, but I think I'd have to go with the meathook for his side special. Could be used for recovery too seeing as rocket jumping probably wouldn't give him much of a vertical boost if used mid-air.
I actually thought the meathook could be used as a long-ranged throw and another recovery, kind of Link's.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The Slayer's trailer absolutely needs to include Isabelle and Samus
How do you guys think they could manage a cinematic final smash for Doom Slayer using the BFG and Crucible?
One idea I saw that I liked is having the BFG get fired in a first person view, maybe have the Crucible be used as a trapper while everyone caught gets stuck in a classic Doom level before being shot to kingdom come with the BFG?

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I think wheel bar is way to go, but I would limit to 4 weapons. Maybe, even to 3 weapons? I think Sentinel Hammer and shoulder cannon can be incorporated without overblowing his arsenal. BFG is the only logical Final Smash.

Nom: Ori x max

GolisoPower

Smash Master
On the Meathook topic, I like the idea but I think rocket jumping is too iconic to leave out, maybe have it like Min Min where the up b is different depending on if you're in the air or not? Hell, have Rocket Jump be a stupid good OoS but it hurts Slayer
Sounds like a good compromise if you ask me.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Is rocket jumping considered a Doom thing? That strikes me as odd considering I think classic Doom didn't even let you look down.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Not a Doom thing perse but an FPS thing, though Rocket Jumping is a thing in modern Doom iirc
Yeah, it was popularized (Not originated from) Quake, as I recall.

EDIT: Just checked, there's apparently horizontal rocket jumping in the classic Doom.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
The Slayer's trailer absolutely needs to include Isabelle and Samus
How do you guys think they could manage a cinematic final smash for Doom Slayer using the BFG and Crucible?
Samus yes but not Isabelle. I see no reason to reference a meme that, to me, was never a good one anyway.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Samus yes but not Isabelle. I see no reason to reference a meme that, to me, was never a good one anyway.
I mean, part of the joke itself was about how Doom Slayer would canonically adore a cute animal like Isabelle so it can provide characterization from the classic games into the trailer

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Never mind a cute animal's death is the reason he went to Hell to get revenge in the later games. It's a canon thing that makes so much sense.

The Isabelle thing wasn't just good timing, it's actually based upon Doomslayer's characterization. He likes cute animals. It's just who he is. It made so much sense to make jokes with them on Nintendo's part, etc. Combining two big games into a fun joke that befits both characters well. Isabelle also recently was added into Smash Bros., a fighting game, so the jokes work better as is than before(since she can hold some traditional weapons to a degree, less so toy weapons or tools alone).

The reason behind the meme is why some want it in, not to repeat the meme. Besides, Smash references memes a lot. I fail to see why that's an issue on its own.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Never mind a cute animal's death is the reason he went to Hell to get revenge in the later games. It's a canon thing that makes so much sense.

The Isabelle thing wasn't just good timing, it's actually based upon Doomslayer's characterization. He likes cute animals. It's just who he is. It made so much sense to make jokes with them on Nintendo's part, etc. Combining two big games into a fun joke that befits both characters well. Isabelle also recently was added into Smash Bros., a fighting game, so the jokes work better as is than before(since she can hold some traditional weapons to a degree, less so toy weapons or tools alone).

The reason behind the meme is why some want it in, not to repeat the meme. Besides, Smash references memes a lot. I fail to see why that's an issue on its own.
I don't recall any memes being referenced in Smash.

I mean, part of the joke itself was about how Doom Slayer would canonically adore a cute animal like Isabelle so it can provide characterization from the classic games into the trailer
I think other characters would fit that better than Isabelle. There's characters like Pikachu and Pichu (both could fit the cute pet-type) and then there's another character who just happens to be named Daisy. Put the bunny hat on her and people familiar with Doom would get the reference very easily.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't recall any memes being referenced in Smash.
Getting all the Customs in Smash 4(both versions) has the message "Your body is ready", a meme populated by Reggie first saying "My body is ready". That's just one.

Sakurai himself has referenced various Jojo's Bizarre Adventure poses in Pics of the Day, as a major fan of the series.

I can't honestly remember other memes, though, that at least were put directly in Smash. But Sakurai isn't going to shy away from them either way, so.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Getting all the Customs in Smash 4(both versions) has the message "Your body is ready", a meme populated by Reggie first saying "My body is ready". That's just one.
That's from Nintendo themselves, though since Reggie was still working for them at that time.

Sakurai himself has referenced various Jojo's Bizarre Adventure poses in Pics of the Day, as a major fan of the series.

I can't honestly remember other memes, though, that at least were put directly in Smash. But Sakurai isn't going to shy away from them either way, so.
Those were just pictures and he usually posts those on his Twitter account if I'm not mistaken.

In this case, it's about trailers. When it come to character trailers, they always make references to the series that they're from. They can reference Doom Slayer's love for his pet rabbit but Pikachu and Pichu fit that much better due to their looks and roles in their series while Daisy has the name reference. Isabelle lives a lifestyle like a regular human in her series, so her being referenced as a cute pet is just really awkward to me. There's just no real connection there compared to other characters.

Top Bottom