• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exploration Thread - Day 79: Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
An interesting question to being up is whether or not Saber should come with Shirou as some sort of unique mechanic. On the one hand, Saber's capable of fighting on her own. On the other hand, Shirou is also capable of fighting too, especially if it's Unlimited Blade Works Shirou, and to the credit of such a concept, Saber and Shirou as a duo shouldn't be too difficult to implement as opposed to the Driver and Blade mechanics they attempted with Rex and Pyra.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
An interesting question to being up is whether or not Saber should come with Shirou as some sort of unique mechanic. On the one hand, Saber's capable of fighting on her own. On the other hand, Shirou is also capable of fighting too, especially if it's Unlimited Blade Works Shirou, and to the credit of such a concept, Saber and Shirou as a duo shouldn't be too difficult to implement as opposed to the Driver and Blade mechanics they attempted with Rex and Pyra.
Admittedly, even if they are connected in some way don't they work independently to one another? The only thing they share is mana and the master giving the command, this feels like more complex than a Driver mechanic and making them switch places is so unorthodox. Any idea how you do that?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Admittedly, even if they are connected in some way don't they work independently to one another? The only thing they share is mana and the master giving the command, this feels like more complex than a Driver mechanic and making them switch places is so unorthodox. Any idea how you do that?
Well, for one Special, you'd have the Command Seals, as has been brought up before. As for the rest of what Shirou is capable of...honestly, I could see him using his projection magic to create various weapons to use in battle as "Upgraded" tilts and Smash attacks and the like. Like, say, instead of Saber using Strike Air as a Side Smash, she would call upon Shirou to project a weapon (I'll use Caladbolg for this instance) to throw at the enemy. Then the last idea I had was Shirou using Unlimited Blade Works as a sort of super-unique Command Grab Down Special to transport multiple fighters and barrage them with countless sword attacks. Although, that sounds more like a Final Smash than a Down Special...

osby

Smash Obsessed
What are some good songs you would like to see make it in with Saber?
I think there are a few tracks that kinda has to come along with her, like Sword of Promised Victory and the legendary EMIYA. stay night's kinda-sorta sequel Hollow Ataraxia is also worth mentioning, as it gave us Outbreak.

Fate/EXTRA also has a lot of cool themes but my favorite is Battle 2. It also has great Servant themes like Saber's, Caster's, and Cosmic Air.

Fate/Grand Order should also come with at least a few tracks. Fatal Battle and Beast II.

How are we gonna address the elephant in the room? The one about the first game having... mature elements? Because every time we talk Saber on RTC, that's always brought up. ALWAYS.
I'll assume they'd just ignore it. All the modern versions of stay night have the sex scenes and some other gratuitously graphic scenes removed. You'll really have to go out of your way to find them.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Well, for one Special, you'd have the Command Seals, as has been brought up before. As for the rest of what Shirou is capable of...honestly, I could see him using his projection magic to create various weapons to use in battle as "Upgraded" tilts and Smash attacks and the like. Like, say, instead of Saber using Strike Air as a Side Smash, she would call upon Shirou to project a weapon (I'll use Caladbolg for this instance) to throw at the enemy. Then the last idea I had was Shirou using Unlimited Blade Works as a sort of super-unique Command Grab Down Special to transport multiple fighters and barrage them with countless sword attacks. Although, that sounds more like a Final Smash than a Down Special...
Seems like this fits more as a Shirou moveset rather than Saber (calling in somebody to fight together) which pretty much breaks the immersion since the Servant also act as a bodyguard and usually the opposite happened and not even in a single timeline that Artoria has been a Master nor more superior like Gilgamesh Shirou actually HAS been a servant but under the name of Muramasa but that's just someone using Shirou's body as a vessel.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Seems like this fits more as a Shirou moveset rather than Saber (calling in somebody to fight together) which pretty much breaks the immersion since the Servant also act as a bodyguard and usually the opposite happened and not even in a single timeline that Artoria has been a Master nor more superior like Gilgamesh Shirou actually HAS been a servant but under the name of Muramasa but that's just someone using Shirou's body as a vessel.
Ah. I see. Was just a thought, though.

So what about the stage? If we're just sticking to Fate/stay night, then Fuyuki City would already be a fun stage to work with. But if we're delving deeper into the Fate universe, we could probably use the Moon Cell or Chaldea. The latter of which could be chock full of a lot of Servants that could cameo, like Hans Christian Andersen, Jeanne Alter, Ivan the Terrible, etc. But again, Fuyuki already is a big enough candidate.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace

So what about the stage? If we're just sticking to Fate/stay night, then Fuyuki City would already be a fun stage to work with. But if we're delving deeper into the Fate universe, we could probably use the Moon Cell or Chaldea. The latter of which could be chock full of a lot of Servants that could cameo, like Hans Christian Andersen, Jeanne Alter, Ivan the Terrible, etc. But again, Fuyuki already is a big enough candidate.
Not that I know anything about anything about Fate other than this video, but I've seen the idea of Unlimited Blade Works being a stage. Which catches my eye, if only because that's a fun name to see on a stage list.

I actually recognize the name "Unlimited Blade Works". Through osmosis, I understand it's a "Reality Marble" (some kind of pocket dimension) that there's a specific chant to activate. In particular, it's a place where a lot of swords... are. I think there's a guy who uses a lot of swords and he gets them from in here.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How are we gonna address the elephant in the room? The one about the first game having... mature elements? Because every time we talk Saber on RTC, that's always brought up. ALWAYS.

Nominations: Klonoa x10
It's a bad faith argument done to shut down a group known as "horrid awful characters I don't want" and nothing more

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Say, this is something I've been pondering for a long time. What would the series symbol for Fate be?
I would Go with Shirou's Command Seal personally

Or the design on the Main logo for Fate/Stay Night

I’ve only watched the first season of the anime and have no knowledge of anything else about Fate. I will say that I found it pretty hilarious that the main character was in a romantic relationship with King Arthur and had to do some questionable things to “recharge”. Not exactly my thing but I can see why people would find the story amusing.

What are some good songs you would like to see make it in with Saber?

An update on my personal reasons for slowing activity in this thread:

We brought our dog to the ER and she was given antibiotics. They have been working surprisingly well and she is almost completely better. They did say it is very likely to come back without surgery but we’ll cross that bridge when we get there. Like I mentioned earlier, she is already well past the average life expectancy for her breed and we don’t know if we want to put her through that if she doesn’t have much time left either way. We just want her to be as happy and comfortable with the time she does have.

x10 Gengar
I have a song list I made for a Hypothetical Challenger pack here
Sword Of Promised Victory
Into The Night
Babylonia Demon Pillar
EMIYA
Myth Revived
Battle - Fate/Grand Order
Battle 8 - Fate/Extella Link
Battle 2 - Fate/Extra
Turning Seasons
Clashing Souls

CHALDEAS would be a fun stage starting at CHALDEAS and then teleporting to different areas like Fuyuki, Babylonia, London, France, Rome etc. and then seeing their respective servants

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Nominations: Klonoa x10
From what I've heard the solution the franchise goes with is covering it up with a CGI dragon. Let's just throw Mr. Dragon in there and call it a day

Nomination: Jack (Final Fantasy Origin) x5

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I might've implied this before when asking about the stage, but how much of this Challenger Pack would be just Fate content? Would we just stick with Fate/Stay night or would we go the Terry route and pick everything TYPE-MOON related?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've never played the games, but have seen the anime. The music is topnotch as is, and Saber is an awesome class even without just taking the cool Artoria into account.

Anyway, there's not much for me to say that Schnee didn't cover better. I also don't consider the game's origins(being an eroge) to honestly matter. They went the way of cleaning up later versions anyway.

That said, whoever would be used(assuming no alts like Hero) should have their most noted Master show up for Taunts and/or Victory Screens. I also could see their face showing up when a Command Seal is used.

All noms on Brian(you can also include however many I get from today too).

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Here's another interesting thing to think about: how would they go about using Artoria Alter? Would she be an Echo Fighter of some sort, a la Dark Pit/Dark Samus? Would she be an alternate costume? How would Sakurai implement Artoria Alter?

amageish

Smash Master
So, my knowledge of Fate/ comes from two very normal sub-series: Fate/Extra (the game and its sequels) and Today's Menu for the Emiya Family (the anime and its game adaptation). So, I'm going to assume Saber's Final Smash is just Kirby's Final Smash from Brawl, right? She cooks her foes right up!

/s

Yeah, I have nothing to say that has not been said by other better informed people. Good discussions everyone! Saber does seem very neat.

I might've implied this before when asking about the stage, but how much of this Challenger Pack would be just Fate content? Would we just stick with Fate/Stay night or would we go the Terry route and pick everything TYPE-MOON related?
Do they actually cross over and intersect in the same way as SNK IPs do? If not, then I still could see a Melty Blood costume, but I don't know if I'd expect anything more then that...

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Do they actually cross over and intersect in the same way as SNK IPs do? If not, then I still could see a Melty Blood costume, but I don't know if I'd expect anything more then that...
The only instance where I've seen Nasuverse characters from different parts of the multiverse interact is no doubt the most hilarious takes on the Nasuverse ever: Carnival Phantasm, which has some hilarious antics such as Arcueid hunting to make okonomiyaki, Berserker going out to buy batteries in a parody, and the Holy Grail War as a game show and a road race.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
It mostly implied that it takes place in the same universe but not really, Tsukihime, Kara no Kyoukai and Mahou Tsukai no Yoru probably takes place in the same timeline as Stay Night and some of them made cameo appearance in alternate timeline of Fates like Extra and Grand Order.

But lets be real here, they work fine with their own material alone as they are stuffed, it's not like new Street Fighter character would bring in Final Fight and Rival School content alongside them.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Before the theme ends, I'd like to say that my main source of knowledge regarding Fate is this video
So as of current, I'm assuming Cheems, Doomguy, Master Chief, and Fortnite-Dancing Kazuya Grinch is canon to the franchise.

On a somewhat more serious note, I hear Fate has some really wacky backstories regarding some of the historical figures. I must ask: What's the absolute most zaniest backstories in the series?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
On a somewhat more serious note, I hear Fate has some really wacky backstories regarding some of the historical figures. I must ask: What's the absolute most zaniest backstories in the series?
That is a really really hard question

The immediate one off the top of my head that is easy to describe is Altera

She was found in the ruins of an ancient alien civilization, she was discovered and awoken where she then conquered and destroyed civilizations

Also yeah she is Atilla the Hun

Another one off the top of my head is Paul Bunyan

He only became a servant after this creature

Mixed a ball of Udon dough with a Holy Grail, I did skip a lot here because there was a whole ass event around Paul Bunyan.

Thomas Edison doesn't really have a wacky backstory, just for some reason he is a lion man, and I find that fun

amageish

Smash Master
Command Seal: Noms List.

75+ noms
Aloy - x130
Doomguy - x120
Ichiban - x105
Klonoa - x100
Rivals of Aether rep - x100
Axel Stone - x90
Gengar - x95
Endo Mamoru - x90
Octoling - x89
Black Mage - x85
Estelle Bright - x82
Velvet Crowe - x80

50-75 noms
Shovel Knight - x75
Filia (Skullgirls) - x70
Hearthstone Innkeeper - x65
Isaac (Golden Sun) - x65
Heavy - x60
Rintarou Okabe - x60

26-50 noms
Bubsy - x50
Ryu Hayabusa - x50
Vectorman - x45
Alm - x45
2B - x40
Brian - x40
Wilfre - x30
Wadanohara* - x30
Zero Escape Rep - x30
Jason Frudnick - x30
Ori - x30
Tsubasa Oribe - x30
Sly Cooper - x28
Trauma Center Content - x27

11-25 noms
Chun-Li - x25
Meowth - x25
Master Hand - x20
Mega Man X - x20
Morrigan - x20
Toad - x15
Jonesy - x12

5-10 noms
Crypto - x10
Daitoryo - x10
Gunvolt - x10
Darkest Dungeon Content - x10
God Eater Rep - x10
Jack (Final Fantasy Origin) - x5
Carl Johnson - x5
SMT Content - x5
Frogger - x5
Ezio - x5
9-volt - x5
Nathan Drake - x5
Ahri - x5
Spyro the Dragon - x3
Tracer - x3
Chell - x3

I know that wasn't very clever; I'm feeling a bit under the weather. Apologies if I am inactive for a bit.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Now this is another character that I can participate in.

I've been playing through Sakura Wars on PS4. I can't compare it to the rest of the series yet but on its own it's quite enjoyable.

Now for the people who are more experienced with the original games, what are some ideas for the moveset? I know Sakura is a sword user and also has a god dam mech so I wonder how much the mech would be incorporated into the moveset. I imagine the mech could just come into play for some moves or Sakura could just remain in the mech for the entirety of the battle. I don't think shrinking down the mech would look that strange and it would automatically make Sakura one of the most unique fighters on the roster.

I know how her mech plays in the soft reboot but how does it play in the original? I know the older games are turn based RPGs instead of the beat em up style that the new game has. But does the mech fight similarly or does it have different weapons/guns?

Noms: Crypto x5

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So we go straight from my third most wanted right into my second most wanted

AAAH

I fell in love with this series a while back and in fact the Sakura Wars Anime was the first Anime DVD I ever purchased, Since then I've played most of the games and once I beat the New Sakura Wars I realized how much fun she would be in smash.

I made a moveset a while back

and a spirit board

I also want to say that Sakura Amamiya could totally be a costume of Sakura Shinguji

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Grail-kun, Grail-kun!

What's wrong, Ahemtoday-kun?

I wasn't keeping track of the noms, and now I have no idea what to give out!

You're so hopeless, Ahemtoday-kun.

🔪
Nomination Simplifier!

If everybody's dead, nobody gets noms!

...Oh, dear. I think I'll just have to do it the usual way.

GolisoPower GolisoPower x25 (30 Total)
cashregister9 cashregister9 x20 (20 Total)
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen x5 (10 Total)
Schnee117 Schnee117 x10 (15 Total)
Commander_Alph Commander_Alph x20 (25 Total)
Gengar84 Gengar84 x5 (10 Total)
C chocolatejr9 x5 (10 Total)
osby osby x5 (10 Total)
ahemtoday ahemtoday x5 (10 Total)
SharkLord SharkLord x10 (15 Total)
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth x5 (10 Total)
amageish amageish x5 (10 Total)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I know VERY little about Sakura Wars. All I know is that a few people on this site REALLY want her. Anyone care to enlighten me about this series?

Noms:
Carmen Sandiego x15
Rintarou Okabe x15

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Sakura Shinguji.png

Sakura Shinguji
Takes the Stage!

Intro: Cherry blossom petals blow around Sakura as she performs her signature pre-battle pose

Stance/Idle 1: Her idle animation from the Project X Zone series
Idle 2: Sakura slightly pushes back her hair
Idle 3: Sakura takes out her blade for a second, then sheathes it again

Notable Palette Swaps (credit to P-Fritz)
  1. Pink kimono (default)
  2. Combat outfit (alt)
  3. Ogami's combat outfit (white)
  4. Sumire's combat outfit (purple)
  5. Maria's combat outfit (black)
  6. Iris's combat outfit and pink bow (yellow)
  7. Kohran's combat outfit (green)
  8. Kanna's combat outfit (red)
Walk: Sakura walks gracefully
Dash: Sakura sprints with her sword in hand
Damage: Sakura covers her face with her right hand
Jump: Sakura jumps as if she’s falling down a chute
Crouch: Sakura sits upright with both knees on the ground

Normal Attacks
Jab: Sakura performs three standard jabs to the middle, and then the left and right (8%, small knockback)
Forward+A: Sakura slashes down in front of her (7%, small knockback)
Down+A: Sakura sweep kicks below the opponent’s legs, with a chance to trip them (6%, small knockback)
Up+A: Sakura swipes her katana above herself to the left (8%, small knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Sakura slices in a horizontal ring (8%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Sakura slices downward (9%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Sakura turns around as she slices backward (9%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Sakura spins a mop above herself (11%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Sakura swings a mop downwards (13% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Sakura speeds past the target as she slashes them (12%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Sakura gets back up and slashes straight down (7%, small knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Sakura quickly sweep kicks the floor (5%, small knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Sakura steps forward and slashes with her sword in flames (19%, medium knockback)
Up+A: Sakura slashes several cherry blossom petals around her in half (15%, OK knockback), which then swirl around her (9%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Sakura takes out a mop and sweeps the floor, which pushes nearby opponents away (13%, OK-medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Sakura grabs the opponent with both hands
Pummel: Sakura slaps the opponent with her right hand (1%)
Forwards+Throw: Sakura pushes the opponent forward (8%, small knockback)
Down+Throw: Sakura does a brief slide kick under the opponent (5%, small knockback)
Back+Throw: Sakura strafes around the opponent and slashes them (11%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Sakura spins once and launches the opponent diagonally upwards (8%, medium knockback)

Special Moves
B : Ouka Houshin
; Sakura sends out a large pink blade projectile. It goes about the same length as Cloud’s Blade Beam, but is much faster and can hit multiple opponents at once (7% per hit, OK knockback). It also has priority over other projectiles, but getting hit by one causes it to slow down and disappear after hitting anything else (6%, small knockback)
B + Forwards : Hyakka Ryoran; Sakura dashes forward a short distance, surrounded in flame (14%, OK knockback); you can tilt the control stick in either direction for a second dash (9%, OK knockback)
B + Up : Kuchu Sanrengiri; Sakura slices upward as she jumps upward and forward a small distance (11%, OK knockback)
B + Down : Makiwara Kiri; A makiwara board sprouts from the ground in front of Sakura. If an opponent is under the board, Sakura unleashes a flurry of slashes (20%, medium knockback)

Final Smash: Koubu Strike; Sakura speeds forward and slashes up to seven opponents at once (6%). The targets are then taken into a cutscene where Sakura gets into her Koubu and performs an extremely powerful Ouka Hoshin (57%, devastating knockback)

Gimmick: Sakura can have her attacks do 3% more damage and have slightly more knockback for 5 seconds (getting hit in successionn causes her to lose this buff) when the crowd cheers her name.

Taunts
1: Sakura bows towards the camera
2: Sakura performs her signature pre-battle pose
1+2: Sakura brushes dust off of her outfit

Winposes
1: Sakura performs her victory pose from her very first battle in the first game
2: Sakura pushes back her hair as cherry blossom petals blow in the wind
3: Sakura mimics her pose from the first frame of the first game’s opening

Applause: Sakura claps quickly and happily
Icon: One of the flowers on Sakura’s kimono
Boxing Ring Title: Imperial Floral Hero
Star K.O.: “Oooogamiii…!”
Victory Music: https://youtu.be/Vr14LlDeLDo
Kirby Hat: Sakura’s hair and katana
Game of Origin: Sakura Taisen (1996)

Layout: The stage starts off on the theatre stage, which is flat and featureless, similar to Final Destination

Gimmicks and Hazards: Illusions of characters and places from Sakura Wars history appear as holograms.

• Grand Imperial Theatre; the home base of the Imperial Combat Revue. A wall appears next to it; there are platforms on spinning cogs placed on the left and right
    • Cameo by Ichiro Ogami
  • Le Chattes Noir; the home base of the Paris Combat Revue. Fighters appear on the stage of a nightclub with a cat emblem plastered on the top.
    • Cameo by Erica Fontaine
  • Little Lip Theater; the home base of the New York Combat Revue. Fighters are placed behind a sign imitating a giant pair of lips.
    • Cameo by Gemini Sunrise
Battlefield/Ω Form: The Ω Form is the theater stage itself hoisted over nothing. The Battlefield Form’s platforms are the same as from the spinning cogs.
:ultpit:: Uh, when did Takamaru change his kimono and turn into a girl?
:ultpalutena:: That’s actually Sakura Shinguji. I understand the slight resemblance, though.
Viridi: You mean...the Sakura Shinguji of the Imperial Floral Assault Group?!
:ultpalutena:: Yes, that.
:ultpit:: Huh. Surprised I’ve never heard of her before.
:ultpalutena:: Sakura usually fights in a mech suit called a Koubu, but she's also very much capable on her own. She can use her sword to summon a projectile similar to Cloud's Blade Beam and dash in opposite directions while covered in flames.
Viridi: Bleh, who needs a mechanical suit to fight anyway? She's a samurai named after a flower!
:ultpit:: Okay, so uh...how do I avoid those attacks?
:ultpalutena:: Ouka Houshin can be slowed down by another projectile, so go on the offensive in that case. Hyakka Ryoran can only go straight, so dodge it when needed. But be careful; she can turn around when she misses the first time!
(Fights with and against characters representing different Combat Revues)
Round 1: Metal Sakura x7 (horde battle) on Grand Imperial Theater (Move Out! Imperial Floral Assault Troupe)
Round 2: :ultrobin: (team battle w/Peach (Color 3)) on Prism Tower (Under the Imperial Flag)
Round 3: :ultganondorf: (team battle w/Daisy (Color 5)) on New Donk City Hall (Warriors of the Earth)
Round 4: :ultken: (Color 5) on Suzaku Castle (Beyond the Rainbow)
Round 5: :ultlucina: (Color 8) and :ultcloud: (Color 4) on Coliseum (Advance)
Round 6: :ultzss: (Color 6) and :ultwendy: on :shadowmoses: (The Musical Dance of Battle)
Final Round: Galleom (Final Battle - Sakura Wars 2: Beloved, You Must Not Die)
I couldn't find time to embed the Spirit Battles this time, but I wanted to at least use the Spirits I had, so you can envision how the battles actually go.
  1. Sakura Shinguji (Fighter Spirit)
  2. Ichiro Ogami (Color 7 :ultrobin:, ★★★★)
  3. Sumire Kanzaki (Color 4 :ultroy:, ★★) -> Sumire Kanzaki (Shin Sakura Wars) (★★★)
  4. Maria Tachibana (Color 4 :ultzss:, ★★)
  5. Iris Chateaubriand (Color 7 :ultlucas:, ★)
  6. Kohran Li (Color 6 :ultrob:, ★)
  7. Kanna Kirishima (:ultken:, ★★)
  8. Orihime Soletta (Color 5 :ultrosalina:, ★★)
  9. Reni Milchstraße (:ultswordfighter:, ★)
  10. Erica Fontaine (Color 3 :ultpeach:, ★★★)
  11. Gemini Sunrise (Color 5 :ultdaisy:, ★★★)
  12. Sakura Amamiya (Sakura, ★★)

amageish

Smash Master
I know VERY little about Sakura Wars. All I know is that a few people here REALLY want her. Anyone care to enlighten me about this series?

Noms:
Carmen Sandiego x15
Rintarou Okabe x15
Sure! Sakura Wars is a franchise of tactical JRPGs (mostly) with dating simulator elements. It takes place a world where the protagonists have two sets of objectives: (i) save Japan and/or the world by piloting mechs to fight off their foes and (ii) put on very good stage musicals, as for some reason this world's military needs to crowdsource funds via singing and dancing. It's very silly, very "anime," and generally all the things that you'd expect from a SEGA franchise SEGA hid from the west for most of its existence.

It's also maybe notable for a few technological innovations, notably the fact the original games would read save files from the previous entries to allow the player to continue their romances from past games... but for some reason discussing these innovations is very controversial on SmashBoards as people have very strong opinions on if/when doing something first truly "matters."

how much longer til chibi?
SharkLord keeps the schedule in the first post of the thread; Chibi-Robo is up next.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So apparently, Sakura Wars might be an influential series... but also might not? Can somebody explain that?

Nominations: Klonoa xMax

amageish

Smash Master
So apparently, Sakura Wars might be an influential series... but also might not? Can somebody explain that?
It basically boils down to people having different standards of "historic" and "influential."

Sakura Wars did a lot of stuff first for console gaming, including having game data carried over between multiple games and its Live & Interactive Picture System (LIPS System) where you have to pick dialogue options on a timer. These things, however, aren't, like, mind-blowingly unique by modern standards and people on SmashBoards often squabble about if these things should count as Sakura Wars making a mark on the genre/medium or if this is just a historical footnote where a niche game happened to do something first that was inevitably going to be done eventually.

Personally... I don't know if it really matters. This is basically video game trivia any way you slice it.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I don't really know what this thread is about, but apparently we are talking about Sakura Wars so here I am.
Here's how I would handle Sakura:
IMG_20200517_181223_984.png

Alts based on the combat uniforms of hers, Ogami, Sumire, Maria, Iris, Kohran and Kanna.
The Great Imperial Theater as her stage.
IMG_20200517_181228_948.png

For Ogami's spirit you would fight white Marth on Shadow Moses Island.
The Imperial Assault Force would be Ken (Kanna), green Dr Mario (Kohran), yellow Ness (Iris), black Zero Suit Samus (Maria), purple Daisy (Sumire), white Marth (Ogami) and Sakura on the Great Imperial Theater.
Erica would be red Palutena equipped with Super Scope on Lumiose City. Meowth would appear. She would be able to evolve to her black cat outfit.
Shinjiro would be be a mini yellow Incineroar equipped with a Killing Edge on Omega New Pork City.
Gemini would be two red Lucinas equipped with Fire Bars on New Pork City. One of them would spam the mask taunt, the other would fight normally. Hamburgers and steak would appear.
I don't know enough about Sakura Amamiya or Seijuro Kamiyama.

EDIT: uh also if anybody has any questions about Sakura Wars feel free to send me a DM or a quote reply or anything.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have no questions but SharkLord SharkLord edit this list in the OP
Phoenix Wright
Adol Christin
Bandana Waddle Dee
Reimu Hakurei
Dr. Eggman
Rhythm Heaven rep
Tom Nook
Sora
Isaac TBOI
Euden
LoL rep
Funky Kong
Zegram Ghart
Farmer
Agumon
Masked Man
Jace
Pyramid Head
Miriam
Ayumi
Freddy Fazbear
Amiya
Cadence
Battletoads
Crash Bandicoot
Magus
Neku
Imperial
Chosen Undead
Sarah Kerrigan
Maxwell
Frisk
Lu Bu
Gran/Djeeta
Amaterasu
Monika
Jill Stingray
Sir Arthur
Scorpion
Elma
Bill and Lance
Warframe rep
Astral Chain rep
Illidan
Zoe
Genshin Impact MC
Hat Kid
Ryza
Gordon Freeman
Laharl
Fulgore
Madeline
Master Chief
Saber
Sakura Shinguji
It makes knowing who has or hasn't been done already a hell of a lot easier

amageish

Smash Master
Whoops; I forgot to post the noms list.

Anyway, I love the Imperial Combat Revue! Do you want to see my collection of bromides?

75+ noms
Aloy - x135
Doomguy - x120
Klonoa - x110
Ichiban - x105
Rivals of Aether rep - x100
Gengar - x95
Axel Stone - x90

Estelle Bright - x92
Endo Mamoru - x90
Octoling - x89
Black Mage - x85