• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
On Ness vs Lucas, I'd prefer (much like everyone else I'd imagine) for the two of them to return.

But the Gematsu Leak has suggested that the development team is having a tough time deciding who's getting cut between Ness and Lucas. I was afraid this was going to happen when Customizable Movesets were revealed, but I thought there was no way they would get away with Link and Toon Link with this and not Ness and Lucas. But it looks like my wishful thinking won't be coming true unfortunately...

At the end of the day, I'd much rather see Lucas go instead of Ness. But I would love Lucas to return in the form of downloadable content. Maybe with some changes to his special moves so people don't think they're buying a clone character even though Lucas is much less of a clone than the likes of Toon Link and Luigi.

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Here's a quick and dirty mockup I made of the 3DS to support my argument for 47 characters + Random:

3DSCSS.png

Made to-scale for the 3DS screen(400x240), each panel is 50x40px. Obviously the fonts could be adjusted, but I think that's about it. Character placement may vary, I do not assert these are where the characters will end up, rather, this is what I'm guessing based on placement in the 3DS version.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, I had forgotten we've gone past the point where almost anything could happen and when guessing the roster was enjoyable.
People generally forget that pretty much every newcomer we have gotten was a surprise to almost everyone.
Greninja. Rosalina. Wii Fit Trainer. Even Mega Man.

The only thing hindering that philosophy now is, of course, the Gematsu leak, which I have stated my opinions on over and over and over again, and so my rosters will give no concessions to those rumours, mainly because I think two of it's three remaining characters are obvious choices anyway, and the last one is...well, not feasible in my opinion.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Here's a quick and dirty mockup I made of the 3DS to support my argument for 47 characters + Random:

View attachment 16535

Made to-scale for the 3DS screen(400x240), each panel is 50x40px. Obviously the fonts could be adjusted, but I think that's about it. Character placement may vary, I do not assert these are where the characters will end up, rather, this is what I'm guessing based on placement in the 3DS version.
This looks so bad and wrong, so this is not what the CSS would look like. It has to be sharp and bright, and well organized, not this ****ty square.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
This looks so bad and wrong, so this is not what the CSS would look like. It has to be sharp and bright, and well organized, not this ****ty square.
I'm not saying that's going to be the exact color and background of the CSS, was giving an idea of the layout and an example of why 47 characters works.

And exactly what shape do you envision the CSS to be? The screen is a square!

EDIT: RECTANGLE, there. Still, same point.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't see how Chorus Kids "aren't feasible" when we have the freaking Wii Fit Trainer playable.

But to each their own. We'll find out in a few months.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Have fun with it. Red denotes unlockables.
Instead of Chrous Men, you have Chorus MAAAAAAAAAN!!! POSE FOR THE FANS!

Sami instead of Andy is odd.

Ghirahim is old news; now it's Yuga's turn as the flavor of the month. Or the villain for Zelda WiiU.

I like Classic Ganon but not if he replaces Ganondorf.

I don't see how Chorus Kids "aren't feasible" when we have the freaking Wii Fit Trainer playable.
And G&W, to an extent.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

But to each their own. We'll find out in a few months.
I kind of think that the Chorus Kids are overrated. They'll probably be fortunate enough to get a trophy cameo, if anything.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Wii Fit Trainer is one character.

Chorus Men is three. If two characters at once is hard to manage from a technical standpoint, I can't see why three is any better.
Because unlike Ice Climbers, Chorus Kids would likely be programmed as one character. They have no reason to move around separately like Ice Climbers or Rosalina and Luma, the whole point of their character is to stay together and keep rhythm. It would be more beneficial to program them as a character that LOOKS like three characters rather than actually having 3 different models.
I kind of think that the Chorus Kids are overrated. They'll probably be fortunate enough to get a trophy cameo, if anything.
Gematsu is almost confirmed at this point. You can quote me on that.
I don't think it's really overrating a character's chances when they are part of a leak that is very likely to be real.
So many people have them as their avatar these days.... Just imagine the reaction if they get deconfirmed in PotD or something.
Hilarious.
I suppose one fan base can have their hopes shattered yet if Ridley was disconfirmed or something I don't even know what would happen. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Instead of Chrous Men, you have Chorus MAAAAAAAAAN!!! POSE FOR THE FANS!

Sami instead of Andy is odd.

Ghirahim is old news, now it's Yuga's turn as the flavor of the month. Or the villain for Zelda WiiU.

I like Classic Ganon but not if he replaces Ganondorf.
I added Wrestler & Reporter because they're awesome and would work in a fighting game.

Sami works better for the movesets I have in mind. I have limited knowledge of their series, though.

I dont know if you're serious or not, but regardless, your wasting your time.

You guys wanted revamped Ganon, didn't you?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
So many people have them as their avatar these days.... Just imagine the reaction if they get deconfirmed in PotD or something.
Even then, it's pretty likely we're getting a Rhythm Heaven rep at this point. Chorus Kids or not, I'd be ecstatic.

Though, they grew on me. Won't lie, I'd be sad, but not something to be pissed about.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Hilarious.
I suppose one fan base can have their hopes shattered yet if Ridley was disconfirmed or something I don't even know what would happen. :rolleyes:
I wasn't implying I want their "hopes shattered" if that's what you thought. I was just wondering about the consequences. A lot of people will probably get angry at Sal, as the fanbase is almost entirely built upon the "leak".

Staarih

Smash Master
We have no idea what the Chorus Kids will be like, who knows, maybe you control one and shoot out the other two like Luma's all around the stage :troll:

...or then it's just one character. Or something else. It's impossible to expect anything of them until we see them in action (see: Mii Fighters). Or rather, IF we see them. The leak seems pretty accurate though.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I personally wouldn't be angry, but I'd be really upset if Chorus Kids don't make it at this point.
There's so much potential and I've grown to really love the idea.

Don't blame Sal if it's somehow false, by the way. It would be his tipper's fault for giving him false information.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
as the fanbase is almost entirely built upon the "leak".
That's quite the assumption.

Support for a Rhythm Heaven representation has existed before the leak. For a series with no real playable or main character, there really hasn't been many "viable" choices. When a leak that has any sort of credibility comes along and lists a specific character from a series, then it's understandable the character will start getting more recognition.

Certainly, you're not wrong in thinking that the support right now is because of the leak. But the keyword here is "support", as personally, I've been a fan of them ever since I started playing Rhythm Heaven, I just didn't initially think they'd be a candidate for Smash. (And it's understandable, being among all the many other Rhythm Heaven characters and especially one that doesn't fight in any way unlike Karate Joe.)
However, their fanbase is pretty much mostly Rhythm Heaven fans, who are, for the most part, OK with any rep. Saying that the only reason we like these guys is because of the leak rubs me the wrong way.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Does anyone actually know whether or not the "Chorus Men" are referring to Rhythm Heaven characters?
It's their official japanese name (the difference in English is that instead of "Men", it's "Kids"), and there's no other chorus men in a Nintendo game.

Plus with a Rhythm Heaven enemy (of all series) in Smash Run, a mode that has every enemy from a franchise represented with a playable character, I don't see any reason why it's not a Rhythm Heaven character.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's their official japanese name (the difference in English is that instead of "Men", it's "Kids"), and there's no other chorus men in a Nintendo game.

Plus with a Rhythm Heaven enemy (of all series) in Smash Run, a mode that has every enemy from a franchise represented with a playable character, I don't see any reason why it's not a Rhythm Heaven character.
But is it proven that is who Sal Romano is referring to?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I support Chorus Kids because of two reasons.
1. Rhythm Heaven representation.
2. They have endless potential.
I didn't really think of them as plausible candidates until the leak came out, but I'm glad that I was shown the light.
Does anyone actually know whether or not the "Chorus Men" are referring to Rhythm Heaven characters?
What else would it be?
And yes, we do. Sal said that they were the Chorus Men from Rhythm Heaven.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
We have no idea what the Chorus Kids will be like, who knows, maybe you control one and shoot out the other two like Luma's all around the stage :troll:
Thats probably the most hilarious idea I've ever heard

I mean just imagine
image.jpg

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I really hope they're called chorus kid when it gets localized, Chorus men sounds so creepy to me

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Still have faith in Ghirahim, eh? I'd say it's a good thing to keep believing in your characters despite all odds. Victory, if it comes will that much sweeter.
Why shouldn't I be? There are zanier predictions on that roster.
Of course, I would rather not talk about Ghirahim here.

I really hope they're called chorus kid when it gets localized, Chorus men sounds so creepy to me
I would actually be interested if they were three handsome singing men instead of albino gremlins.

Last edited:

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427

I don't know if I am missing something, but is this all they do?
Pretty much. Theres a Glee Club 2 which is basically inverted colors w/ a Hawaii theme. They eat dumplings during a minigame in RH Fever, they cameo in a Wario game, and... thats it.

They could have more moveset potential if Sakurai chooses to implement other minigame elements from the franchise into their moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom