• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I'd have to agree with you. If Lucas or Ness are considered for being cut (presumable because of their similarities), I would wager pretty highly that either Wolf or Falco is going bye-bye, and I bet on Wolf.
Plus, I will be pretty insulted if they cut Mother down to one rep, and yet Starfox gets to keep all three despite their similarities to each other. Seriously looking at rosters with the all Starclones, and just only Ness make me puke in my mouth a little.
So if Wolf does get cut, do you think they'll replace him?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
EDIT: As for the Krool talk, I think he's done. Dixie was planned for brawl ahead of him, the series isn't that popular anymore, and the time to put him in was Melee or Brawl, he missed his opportunity IMO
Whilst I mostly agree with what you've said here I feel I need to correct you on one point; Donkey Kong is the fourth best selling series after Mario, Pokemon and Zelda.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Still? I know it used to be big, but I thought it has been slowing down in recent years? If not, then my bad entirely

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
If Gemetsu Leak is right about DLC and Lucas being Dead they could easily add him back as a Free DLC or something With Mewtwo I doubt he'll be back since Greninja Reveal it was him or Mewtwo now that he's here Jiggs will likely take the 5th slot I don't you can use Brawl had 6 slots excuse because its unlikely for PKM trainer to come back also Food For Thought question Since this time he did not leak newcomers do you think it means we have a full newcomer roster? I think so and why do people think that's low? we've had 12 newcomers in each game 12 original 24 in melee 36 in brawl so we would 48 in this game with 4 cuts from brawl right? I predict they are Squirt Ivy Snake and ROB but I'm probably wrong

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If Gemetsu Leak is right about DLC and Lucas being Dead they could easily add him back as a Free DLC or something With Mewtwo I doubt he'll be back since Greninja Reveal it was him or Mewtwo now that he's here Jiggs will likely take the 5th slot I don't you can use Brawl had 6 slots excuse because its unlikely for PKM trainer to come back also Food For Thought question Since this time he did not leak newcomers do you think it means we have a full newcomer roster? I think so and why do people think that's low? we've had 12 newcomers in each game 12 original 24 in melee 36 in brawl so we would 48 in this game with 4 cuts from brawl right? I predict they are Squirt Ivy Snake and ROB but I'm probably wrong
Actually, we had 12 in 64, 14 in Melee, and 18 in Brawl (or 16 if you count the Trainer as 1). I doubt we'd be getting 16-18 again. I think 12 or 13 is reasonable.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Cut Lucas. But not just cut, dissect.

Give the then gutted neutral air and Down Smash back to Mewtwo.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
I think as far as my roster goes I'm going to stick with the first one I made yesterday:
image.jpg

of course this is only a dream. If you want a legit prediction, just cut Isaac, Chibi, One of the DK newcomers, and either Bandana or Takamaru. That cuts it one column shorter.
i probably spent too much time making this

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Cut Mewtwo as well and if this was a dream roster I would cut Chrom and put Anna there:joyful:
Seeing how Mewtwo was an extremely last-minute cut from brawl, paired with massive fan-demand and the fact Sakurai said he was considering adding him back, I'm fairly confident Mewtwo will be returning.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well considering We have Greninja I doubt we'll get Mewtwo back
We had 6 pokémon in Brawl, we have 4 so far in Smash 4 so we could easily get 2 more, those being Jigglypuff and Mewtwo.

Last edited:

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
Well it has been quite the time I was here. Anyways here is my idea about the characters:

I feel that the Gematsu leak is pretty legit. I wouldn't be surprised that Shulk, Chrom would join the fray. Chorus Man joining the roster would be a surprise for me, but with the Rhythym enemy.. it starting to make sense.

Anyways to move on of what I think will be released more:

Sakurai did tease us in the Smash Brothers Direct. Maybe he just did it for fun or he hinted for four future characters. These characters would be the following based on their trophies:

Psuedo Palutena - Kid Icarus: Uprising

Palutena

Well this one is already confirmed. Psuedo Palutena was shown inside the direct and well she even got confirmed! They even talked about the Psuedo part in her trailer. So it seems that this would be a confirmation about the little teases Sakurai did.

Tiki - Fire Emblem: Awakening

Chrom or MU

Chrom would make more sense as this character is a finalized one and one that doesnt change in the view of the player. MU is a unit that can be both a boy and a girl. Still this shouldnt make any difference in the chances. It could be reason why MU would not be chosen and Chrom would be the one in the game. The only reason I can find he would not take the role inside Smash is because of his voice actor saying he didn't get asked. BUT, who says he will get his English voice? Maybe he will gets his Japanese voice? We don't know but I think at least another Awakening representation would be a good guess and I wouldnt be surprised if it would be Chrom. This would also show that the leak was real.

Vi - Skyward Sword

Demise/Ghirahim

This could be meaning two things. Ganondorf being replaced with Demise and Ghirahim as a newcomer. Or just Ghirahim as a newcomer. I wouldn't be surprised that this would be something we should look at. I think this would be also very interesting as both characters could show something different than what we have already. A different kind of style of fighting. I wonder!

King Kihunter - Other M

Ridley

The only boss that makes sense from Other M. Ridley was in it and I wouldn't be surprised that he would be playable in the end. Other bosses in Other M didnt make that much of a pressence and with Dark Samus as an assist trophey I dont know which character would be better than Ridley to represent the Metroid Villain franchise.

So my question to you guys, what do you think?

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Only changes I'd make:

Replace Ridley with Mewtwo
Replace Takamaru with Impa

Dixie Kong as DLC.
Why Impa? we know that Impa will not be in, why? cause the Impa that was known was way too much like Sheik, remenber that Sakurai said that he don't know the character that will be in Hyrule Warrior and he also pointed out that the roster was planned a long time ago so that makes it impossible for us to have the Hyrule Warriors Impa :dr-_-:

Oks... well... i came here for something else....

We were talking a couple of days ago about Dark Pit and we know that the Dark Pit skin wasn't avaible in the E3 (that's weird), but the Female Villager and the Male Wii Fit Trainer (i found out of these just now) were both avaible (don't know about Little Mac's skin), so what do you guys think these could mean? New character: Pitto? New Skin with special effects (like voice and eye colors, etc...? :drohmy:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
You can't use that excause any more since we don't have PKM trainer and having 6 characters in one game does not mean we'll get 6 characters in this game we have 5 Mario reps in melee but in brawl we had 4 now we have 5 if we use this logic then PKM would have 5 reps this time and I doubt they'll cut Jiggs

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Cut Lucas. But not just cut, dissect.

Give the then gutted neutral air and Down Smash back to Mewtwo.
Yep.

Whoever said Lucas would be the most tortured Nintendo character is right.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You can't use that excause any more since we don't have PKM trainer and having 6 characters in one game does not mean we'll get 6 characters in this game we have 5 Mario reps in melee but in brawl we had 4 now we have 5 if we use this logic then PKM would have 5 reps this time and I doubt they'll cut Jiggs
That's not my logic. My logic is that if it happened before, it can most certainly happen again. There is a good chance we can still see 6 Pokemon characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why Impa? we know that Impa will not be in, why? cause the Impa that was known was way too much like Sheik, remenber that Sakurai said that he don't know the character that will be in Hyrule Warrior and he also pointed out that the roster was planned a long time ago so that makes it impossible for us to have the Hyrule Warriors Impa :dr-_-:

We were talking a couple of days ago about Dark Pit and we know that the Dark Pit skin wasn't avaible in the E3 (that's weird), but the Female Villager and the Male Wii Fit Trainer (i found out of these just now) were both avaible (don't know about Little Mac's skin), so what do you guys think these could mean? New character: Pitto? New Skin with special effects (like voice and eye colors, etc...? :drohmy:
Where has Sakurai said that about Hyrule Warriors?

If anything, he could've known more. Because Midna was revealed as an Assist Trophy long before her playable status in Hyrule Warriors. And it's not like Skyward Sword Impa wouldn't work.

Any why Impa? Best possible Zelda newcomer, and I believe that the most likely series to get newcomers at this point are DKC and Zelda.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Robintx I disagree I think Fi points to Ganondorf coming back unless they cut him for Ganon which I would not be surprised if they do and with King Kihuter Since Samus and ZSS are using Other M design it could point to Adam or Antony Being Playable Instead of Rids but idk I guess we'll have to wait till Wii U version is out and play on Pyrosphere

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Please let Dark pit just be a costume change for Pit.

Or maybe Pit turns to Dark Pit (either to unlock the costume or the way to wear the costume) with a certain combination of customizable moves.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Where has Sakurai said that about Hyrule Warriors?

If anything, he could've known more. Because Midna was revealed as an Assist Trophy long before her playable status in Hyrule Warriors. And it's not like Skyward Sword Impa wouldn't work.

Any why Impa? Best possible Zelda newcomer, and I believe that the most likely series to get newcomers at this point are DKC and Zelda.
But Midna was an known character, Impa was not (i mean not that Impa), that's what i'm talking about :drifloon:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Robintx I disagree I think Fi points to Ganondorf coming back unless they cut him for Ganon which I would not be surprised if they do and with King Kihuter Since Samus and ZSS are using Other M design it could point to Adam or Antony Being Playable Instead of Rids but idk I guess we'll have to wait till Wii U version is out and play on Pyrosphere
Am pretty sure Anthony Higgs is out cause of Gunner Mii. And I hate the Miis even worse for it.

I'm just thinking there will be no Metroid newcomer. Cause Ridley isn't happening.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Why would they use a Fi trophy to point out Ganondorf? i mean... he's not even in that game! (We still know that Ganondorf is comming back) :dr-_-:

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427

Nah. Wireframe Mac wasn't in the demo. There were only 3 alternate costumes for each character so that if all 4 players picked them they would look different.

As for Dark Pit/Pittoo I would assume he's going to be an 'enhanced' color swap at the most.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Sakurai : Hmm the Fans want another Metroid Character do they? Ok then here you go ZSS revealed
Fans : BOO! WE WANT RIDLEY! BOO!
Sakurai : Ridley? who's that?... Oh that dragon I said wouldn't be in Brawl in that Nintendo Power Magazine Ridley *Laughs*

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Sakurai : Hmm the Fans want another Metroid Character do they? Ok then here you go ZSS revealed
Fans : BOO! WE WANT RIDLEY! BOO!
Sakurai : Ridley? who's that?... Oh that dragon I said wouldn't be in Brawl in that Nintendo Power Magazine Ridley *Laughs*
He never said he wouldn't be in.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I said Sakurai joked about Ridley in Brawl saying that it would be Impossible to do it not for SSB4 but for Brawl it was in a interview with Nintendo Power I believe

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
A mutated Dragon Pterodactyl! eh Probably because I have Pokémon Logic in my head but he looks like a dragon for me at least then again I'm supposed to believe Kingdra is a Dragon... Yea Pokémon logic breaks all logic boundries...

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Well considering We have Greninja I doubt we'll get Mewtwo back
Haha I know right, we don't need Mewtwo he's obviously just a clone of Greninja. You know, now that I think about it he's also clearly a clone of Lucario!! There's no way Mewtwo can be in when he's so clearly a clone of these two characters!

Maxilian

Smash Ace
A mutated Dragon Pterodactyl! eh Probably because I have Pokémon Logic in my head but he looks like a dragon for me at least then again I'm supposed to believe Kingdra is a Dragon... Yea Pokémon logic breaks all logic boundries...
That's not a good excuse, if he's like any known pokemon, he's like Aerodactyl :dr-_-:, also... he's a mutated space pterodactyl! :drflip:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Haha I know right, we don't need Mewtwo he's obviously just a clone of Greninja. You know, now that I think about it he's also clearly a clone of Lucario!! There's no way Mewtwo can be in when he's so clearly a clone of these two characters!
Is the snark really necessary? Just correct him. Properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom