• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I think the reason they changed Wario's smashes is so that he can have more crude, "Wario"-fied versions of Mario's smashes. His downsmash was already a breakdance so changing it wasn't needed.

I mean I'm not excusing it (the new fsmash is an awful move) but I can sorta see what they're going for even if I don't like it.
His DSmash was going apes**t on the dance floor rather than breakdancing.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wario feels so much better in this game. All the characters just flow so well. Every animation of Wario is excellent. I hated the bite in the last game, but now it just feels natural.

ok on the mother 3 thing

earthbound has a 2015 release date on the EU VC apparently because it was the very first release. this would be following the pattern. BUT someone had alrady shown the mother 3 part which has orange around lucas's pants from the direct. so it is still obviously fake.

So we can't talk about a topic pertaining to characters in the character thread?
Isaac for smash then.
it has nothing to do with IC but you both being rude lol.

boxing titles

Wonder red - champion of Dearth.

Viridi -goddess of nature (duh)

Viewtiful joe- star among movie stars

Dixie kong- ponytail powerhouse

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Boxing Ring titles, eh?

Rayman- The Limbless Wonder
Shantae- The Half Genie Hero
Banjo-Kazooie- The Rare Bear and Bird
Dr.Eggman- The Eggman

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
ok on the mother 3 thing

it has nothing to do with IC but you both being rude lol.
We were talking about Sopo vs. full IC's, we could have stopped the rude simultaneous banter about rdley fans. An entire debate doesn't have to be squashed because of superfluous aspects

Dr.Eggman- The Eggman
I feel like thta title would fit a lot better if he was named Robotnik. but as eggman it seems a little weird to be eggman again.
We were talking about Sopo vs. full IC's, we could have stopped the rude simultaneous banter about rdley fans. An entire debate doesn't have to be squashed because of superfluous aspects
which is why 2 specific people were told to be quiet. not to stop talking about IC

now IM going to be quiet before i get on a mods bad side.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Ninten - The Psychic Precursor
Midna - The Twilight Wolf Fiend
Black Mage - The Man with the Magic
Urban Champion - From Fighter to Fighter
King K. Rool - The Kingly Kroc
Dynal - The Ultimate Dinosaur
Isaac - The Overdue Wonder
Daitoryo - The Starter of it All
Bandana Waddle Dee - The Short and Speary
Maxwell - The Imaginative Master

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I feel like thta title would fit a lot better if he was named Robotnik. but as eggman it seems a little weird to be eggman again.

which is why 2 specific people were told to be quiet. not to stop talking about IC

now IM going to be quiet before i get on a mods bad side.
But Bagan followed up on the topic of the IC's and was told to be quiet. We're being told not to talk about characters in the only thread designated for character discussion.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
You two were acting too hostile, THAT'S the problem Swampy had
I understand that, but the last two messages we posted were no longer hostile, the discussion was entirely on the IC's, and he threatened us further despite the fact that it was character focused and on topic

@ A Distant Demon A Distant Demon

I'm not trying to start things, I have a problem with not being able to have a character discussion in the character discussion thread

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Wait we talking bout Ninten?
I did a WHOLE moveset for Ninten a LONG time ago

His Moveset is;
Normal Special: PSI Brainshock- Similar to PK Flash and Freeze. It has slow horizontal movement, like PK Flash, but moves from top to bottom quickly. When the opponent is hit, he is sent upward a decent distance, enough for combo setups and is given a poison flower on his/her head. The flower lasts longer depending on the charge. Ninten will yell “Brainshock” when he does this move.

Up Special: 4th D Slip- Ninten teleports up in the air to recover or move around the stage (same as Mewtwo’s teleport from SSBM only a small glowing box of PSI surrounds him). If performed in the air, he will perform a SuperMan like flying pose, disappear and than reappear. When he re-enters in the air, he appears arms outstreched in his direction. When he re-enters on the ground, he performs a flashy pose, legs and arms outstretched, looking down and away than quickly returns to his normal stance.

Side Special: PK Beam- Ninten yells “PK Beam” and shoots a small lazer beam out of his eyes (similar to ROB’s lazer except it has limited range, and it doesn’t travel through enemies).

Down Special: PSI Hypnosis- Ninten quietly says “Hypnosis” causing colorful hypno circles to flutter around him (the hypno circles look similar to the ones in Earthbound). Enemies caught in this will fall asleep. The amount of time they remain asleep depends on their damage level and how close they were to Ninten when he hypnotized them.

Final Smash: EIGHT MELODIES- Ana and Loid teleport onto the stage and start singing the 8 melodies with Ninten. Ninten sings the first few words before running off to rejoin the fight. During the song, all Ninten’s Enemies will remain asleep with large flowers on their heads, untill Ana and Loid finish the song.

Alternative - EVE, EVE's top half will rise up in the background of the stage and being to fire lasers and punch things, after NInten summons her he can still do things after

A – Does a quick bunt with his bat.
A Combo – Follows the Bunt with a kick.
Forward Tilt -Swings his bat with one hand horizontally.
Down Tilt – Holding his bat horizontally with both hands, pushes it out and back. Causes the opponent to trip.
Up Tilt – Flips upside down and does a kick with both feet, there are lots of PSI sparks.
Forward Smash – Uses PSI to swing his bat for him. The damage when performed normally is not great, but it quickly grows expotentially when charged. When fully charged, it’s damage and knockback is stronger than Lucas’s Up Smash. Requires at least 1 second of charging to deal any dangerous damage.
Down Smash – Does a BreakDance, similar to Luigi’s Down Smash, except a spark of PSI bursts at the bottom of his foot on his left and right side. The burst of PSI does more damage and knockback than his general person does.
Up Smash – Pulls out the Slingshot from his back pocket and shoots it up. It shoots a concentrated mass of PSI a short distance up for it explodes, similar to PK Flash. (simmilar to Snake’s morter UpSmash)
Airials...
Up Air- Does a headbut like Ness’s up air, only with lots of PSI sparks
Neutral Air – Forces his legs out. A sex kick, like Luigi’s and Mario’s.
Forward Air – Fans out his legs and forcefully swing his bat straight down with both hands. Slow, and a Meteor Smash.
Back Air – Twists a bit and swipes horizontally with his bat behind him.
Down Air – Ninten flip upside down, holds his hand and points down. His finger generates a quick burst of PSI that sends the opponent up. Moderately strong, but not great knockback. Good for sending the opponent a fair distance up as a set up for combos.
Grabs and Throws…
Grab-Same as Ness’s from SSBM
Down throw- Phycokeneticly slams victom into the ground
Forward throw- Sends victom flying with bat
Back throw- Phycokeneticly throws victom
Up throw- Kicks victom up in the air

Other…
Taunts…
Up Taunt – Sneezes, a reference to how Ninten could catch a cold in Mother from Sick NPCs. If Ninten does this close to an enemy, they will recive a small poison flower on their head.
Side taunt- *Running on spot then jumps yelling* “Go For it!”.
Down Taunt – Asthma. Ninten starts Gasping and Wheezing but then quickley grabs an inhaler from his pocket and breathes in.(In about 2 minutes Ninten starts suffering from Asthma making him slower & Weaker use this taunt to cure it. If this taunt is used when Ninten isn’t suffering from asthma, he will simply shake his head and put it away to let the player know he does not need it yet)

Waiting…..
Pulls a funny face
Brushes down his shirt
Hands on knees panting heavily(When he’s suffering from asthma)
On screen apearence…
Teleport’s onto the stage with PSI teleport. After his re-entry, he trips and falls before comming to a stop. He shakes the soot of his head before standing up and getting ready to fight.

Victory Poses…
Shoots sparks of PSI out of his eyes before entering a flashy pose.
Jumps up and down chearing for himself before entering a pose similar to his clay model pose.
Sings a few words of the 8 melodies.
Prepares to PSI Teleport, Trips, BOOM EPIC FAIL!
Losing Pose…
Claps, but faces away from the screen (a reference to the Mother’s game over screen)

Because Ness and Ninten are so similar looking the following steps are used to make it easier for players to tell the 2 apart…
Ninten’s hat has a black brim and he wear’s it on the side.(Opposite of Ness’s)
Ninten wears a red neckerchiff instead of a backpack
Ninten’s shoes are blue and his socks are red
His hair style is different from Ness, it's brown, spiked and swiped to the left
Ninten carries his bat around all the time (as apposed to how Ness only pulls it out when he swings it)
His striped shirt has red stripes added to it, in addition to the blue and yellow
Ninten’s voice is different from Ness’ and he speaks with a central American accent
Due to Ninten being younger he’s slightly shorter than Ness and Lucas which also makes him lighter and a bit more floaty, he's also the fastest of the the three

Last edited:
I understand that, but the last two messages we posted were no longer hostile, the discussion was entirely on the IC's, and he threatened us further despite the fact that it was character focused and on topic

@ A Distant Demon A Distant Demon

I'm not trying to start things, I have a problem with not being able to have a character discussion in the character discussion thread
swamp dont get mad at me plz.

when mods tell you to drop something any party told to drop it must do so. If a discussion can lead to anger once it can again. so for the moment both of you are to Stop the discussion so we dont go through it again.

and if you DO decide to reply to this you will not get a response. PM swamp if you are so angry about it im not getting an infraction. i would like to keep some form of positive image.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Who the f*** wants Popo and/or Nana outside of very rare cases? People want Ice Climbers. They were the most unique characters and i personally think they still remain such. Rosalina isn't same because she does not completly depeds on Luma and you can't pull out s**t as impressive as what IC do.
IC are liked in Smash not because they are from Ice Climbers game or because of who exactly they are. They are liked because of how they were done as fighters.

REALLY doubt it. It would pretty much be Dedede 0.1 without all of that range and weight. As i said before, Ice Climbers are not liked because of who they are. They are liked because of how they were done ad SoPo will get rid of what made them popular and just unique. Same goes for Captain Falcon.
Pretty much exact opposite of Ganondorf, who is liked mostly because he is Ganondorf. And dem boots.
you don't have to be rude... anyway I said they could be normal in the next game since people say its impossible to have them in, I don't have ANY idea what Dedede 1.0 is, but ill assume its only his regular hammer, Dedede had LOTS of projectiles in games

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bagan, you said Marth and Link are different cause of their speed, but Popo was always much faster than fatty Dedede....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just saying...

Opening the same conversation again...

Back off everyone.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When people stop singling each other out over this....

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
They're just addressing the points the other is making, we single bagan out because he's presenting the anti-sopo side, is there another way to have discussions within the rules?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let's just talk about something else for a while......

You guys think The Last Story or Pandora's Tower could get anything?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
you cant take a hint can you?
I get that he wants me to stop, I'm not an idiot. Although I don't get how this kind of passive aggressive stuff doesn't get a warning and mine did.

I want to understand these new standards of conversation that swamp wants me to adhere to so I can have conversations in the future without getting warnings or infractions, I don't think that's unreasonable.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's aggravating.
I get excited when someone suggests a new topic..but then it's something I nothing about. :urg:
TO GOOGLE!

I get that he wants me to stop, I'm not an idiot. Although I don't get how this kind of passive aggressive stuff doesn't get a warning and mine did.

I want to understand these new standards of conversation that swamp wants me to adhere to so I can have conversations in the future without getting warnings or infractions, I don't think that's unreasonable.
When a mod says drop it.

It means the conversation has become too inflammatory or too heated.

Just lay off for a bit.

That's all.

you cant take a hint can you?
Just noticed this.

This isn't helping.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Let's just talk about something else for a while......

You guys think The Last Story or Pandora's Tower could get anything?
I feel like their trophies are all they're going to see, MAYBE an assist trophy.

Of the three Operation Rainfall games, it's by no small margin that Xenoblade Chronicles was the more popular and sucessful title. Unlike the "star child" of the family, we haven't heard a word for TLS or PT getting a sequel, re-release, or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom