• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
who says disney theme parks can't have a jurassic park ride even though universal owns that property and is their primary competitor

Who say's Universal theme parks can't have a Spider-Man ride even though Disney owns that property and is their primary competitor?

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Then what the heck are 3rd party characters doing in Smash in the first place?

REALLY? Wow....

Capcom and Namco isn't in the industry of making competing consoles but rather of game development. There is a really big differences between those companies and companies like Sony and MS.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I am going to drop this, as quite honestly I didn't know the correct definition of "Zealotry" and misinterpreted what you were saying. :rotfl:

I grew up playing Starcraft, sue me :p]
It's cool, no harm~ :3

The thing is, that for quite a lot of people, Banjo does take precedence over every other character, it's just that he's such a :083: character that people have given up on him. I've never played a Banjo game, I don't have a personal connection with the character in any way shape or form, yet I would honestly give him precedence over Rayman, a childhood dream that I've wanted for over a decade. Because based on what I've seen, being a Banjo fan sucks worse then being a Ridley fan, Nintendo sold him and Microsoft doesn't do anything good with him, until Project Ukelele they'd been almost completely abandoned. I'd happily wait until the next Smash game to get Rayman if it meant helping those fans get their character revived.
And that's fine. What I don't appreciate is being told "my character is better than your character, I hope your character fails so my character can succeed".

Mercifully, I have not seen that yet, and I hope it should not come to that. And I wish them the best, but I'm not suddenly going to drop everything and support a character I have no real interest in just because I'm told I ought to. That's not how it works. How it works is encouraging others through dialogue and sharing of opinions, and as it stands, I'm just not that interested in Banjo and that's that.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I hate quote soup, but I have to do it for this one.
If you were talking about just about any other game I might believe you, I certainly wouldn't expect a Halo game on a Nintendo console. But this is Banjo and Kazooie, a game that originated and is beloved by Nintendo fans across the world. If any Microsoft owned title were to make it onto Nintendo platforms, it would be one of their Rare-made games.
What you think about the game doesn't matter. Banjo and Kazooie is a Microsoft franchise. Having Banjo Kazooie on the WIi U is no different than having Fable or Halo on a Nintendo system.

Plus you are basing your claims around an ideal that may or may not even be shared by the people involved. I highly doubt a corporation would care about "Diminishing the value of the Xbox brand" if they could make some money off of it and be loved by fans for doing it. People were saying similar things about how Nintendo would never go mobile, it was met with negative reception, but of course Nintendo did it anyway, because it was a logical thing to do.
By putting the game on the virtual console, what Microsoft is doing is putting one of their games on a Nintendo system. The 64 game is a Microsoft game and has since been given an HD remake. What it does is give consumers a reason to not buy an XBox One and a reason to buy a Wii U. Microsoft wants Banjo fans on their console. Releasing the game on the virtual console is counter productive towards that goal.

If all parties are in agreement over something, both benefit from said agreement, and they will be loved for the agreement, they aren't going to turn back on it just because of the principle of the idea.
Right now, there is no agreement, so what you are saying doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, guys, not to be a downer on Banjo hype train or anything, but...
If I had a dime for every person who said they'd be okay with a character they owned appearing in Smash, I could fund my own Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

The three third-parties in Smash right now are third-party characters who are HEAVILY associated with Nintendo in the past.
An Banjo isn't?

He's practically Rare's icon these days, and Rare probably has the strongest history with Nintendo out of any other company.

A direct competitor to Nintendo is a first-party console maker, and third-party developers who mostly make games on Nintendo consoles are also competitors in a sense to Nintendo.

First of all, first-party console maker is NOT the same as a third-party developer who can make games on any consoles. Then you have to look at the current Nintendo franchises and see that they've all HEAVILY supported Nintendo in the past.
Again, I think this console war bs is more something the fans see, than what actually goes on between devs. If the incentive to collaborate is there, they'll do it.

Exactly. Now look who isn't in the game now? And guess what? If Konami is saying they're still ok with Snake being in the game, WHO was it that cut Snake? NINTENDO!
How are you so sure that's how it went down? That Nintendo themselves decided they didn't want Snake to be in anymore?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
And also,

Damn you Sakurai for opening these cans of worms! You knew the effects it would have on the character discussion thread! You knew of the consequences yet you did it anyways regardless of the fallout! Shame on you! These are the flames of what is the Character Discussion Thread, rekindled from the ashes of the Roster & Prediction Thread....ready to consume us all.

I hope you are happy, Sakurai.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
And also,

Damn you Sakurai for opening these cans of worms! You knew the effects it would have on the character discussion thread! You knew of the consequences yet you did it anyways regardless of the fallout! Shame on you! These are the flames of what is the Character Discussion Thread, rekindled from the ashes of the Roster & Prediction Thread....ready to consume us all.

I hope you are happy, Sakurai.
ITT: Venus is Quelana of Izalith.

Holy **** that is a cool image.

D

Deleted member

What you think about the game doesn't matter. Banjo and Kazooie is a Microsoft franchise. Having Banjo Kazooie on the WIi U is no different than having Fable or Halo on a Nintendo system.
Except you're wrong since Fable and Halo have nothing to do with Nintendo, and have absolutely no history with Nintendo. Likewise, they were also not made under Nintendo.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Who say's Universal theme parks can't have a Spider-Man ride even though Disney owns that property and is their primary competitor?
That was a strange case because Universal created Islands of Adventure and Marvel Super Hero Island long before Disney owned Marvel. Had IOA been made post 2009, no way Marvel would be there.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Just as an aside, what happened to the other Square Enix character threads? I remember there used to be a Crono thread here a long time ago, but several searches here turned up nothing on either Crono, Sora, or Cloud Strife. I thought those characters still had some support. Does anyone here still want them or some other Square character in Smash, or are we Geno fans the only ones left?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That was a strange case because Universal created Islands of Adventure and Marvel Super Hero Island long before Disney owned Marvel. Had IOA been made post 2009, no way Marvel would be there.
Oh, I understand the reason for the rides existence very well, and I agree with your assessment of the Banjo-Kazooie situation for the most part.

I'm just pointing out that the business world is a strange one, and thus strange things happens. Their are exceptions to every rule.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just as an aside, what happened to the other Square Enix character threads? I remember there used to be a Crono thread here a long time ago, but several searches here turned up nothing on either Crono, Sora, or Cloud Strife. I thought those characters still had some support. Does anyone here still want them or some other Square character in Smash, or are we Geno fans the only ones left?
There's the Black Mage support thread, which was recently revived by my good friend @ AustarusIV AustarusIV . It's pretty cool, yo~ ;3

Burruni

Smash Hero
An Banjo isn't?
He's practically Rare's icon these days, and Rare probably has the strongest history with Nintendo out of any other company.
How are you so sure that's how it went down? That Nintendo themselves decided they didn't want Snake to be in anymore?
Except you're wrong since Fable and Halo have nothing to do with Nintendo, and have absolutely no history with Nintendo. Likewise, they were also not made under Nintendo.
1) Banjo isn't a third party character in the same category as Megaman, Sonic, or Pac-Man. Rareware is now a company wholy owned by Microsoft and in fact has lost the vast majority of the staff associated with their Nintendo games. Once Microsoft bought out Rareware, there has been little-to-no work from Rareware to Nintendo. It's a decision of MICROSOFT to do this, not RAREWARE. Capcom, Sega, and Namco-Bandai can and do make games for any console they want because they're THIRD PARTY developers. Rareware is a First Party developer for a rival company.
2) Kojima himself said that he wants/wanted Snake to rejoin the fight in the 3DS/WiiU versions of Smash, but neither he nor Konami have/had been approached by Nintendo about him being in the game. This interview in question came... around december 2013 IIRC. IF he is being honest, clearly it has to be Nintendo's choice and actions to not pursue snake's return.
3) Fable and Halo were made under Microsoft by first-party developers. Banjo-Kazooie was made under Nintendo by a first party developer. Said Rareware is now owned by Microsoft as a first-party developer. Thus, in a legal standing and by which all contracts for usage of the rights for said character are now in the hands of Microsoft and Microsoft ALONE. The other Rareware identities such as Jet Force Gemini and Conker fall into this same category, but characters for the Donkey Kong Country series were published and given rights to by Nintendo, Rareware were funded to develop it.

TL;DR: Microsoft alone holds full rights to Banjo & Kazooie as a series in it's entirety. Any actions involving the series or any components within it are done through them.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
REALLY? Wow....

Capcom and Namco isn't in the industry of making competing consoles but rather of game development. There is a really big differences between those companies and companies like Sony and MS.
Sooooooo... Because Capcom, Sega, and Namco don't make consoles, they don't count as gaming companies... good to know.

You know what, forget it. If Banjo gets in Smash, awesome. If not, oh well. I'm just gonna go back to my more wanted obscure characters. (I want Amaterasu in Smash and no one can convince me otherwise!....This is not a challenge)

@ Wintropy Wintropy But for how long will it stay that way? I'll try to help as much as I can but I've never played a Final Fantasy game so all I can really say is Black Mage. Smash. Want. He is awesome in Super Smash Flash 2.

What I find sad is that the Squirtle and Ivysaur, and Pichu threads can't seem to get back on their feet, (I've tried.) and the Roy, Young Link, and Snake are fading fast. I guess I could try again, but my ideas don't tend to be liked because of "Project M is better".

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
This isn't what I feel, this is what an enormous fanbase on the internet has been consistently complaining about for years.

By putting the game on the virtual console, what Microsoft is doing is putting one of their games on a Nintendo system. The 64 game is a Microsoft game and has since been given an HD remake. What it does is give consumers a reason to not buy an XBox One and a reason to buy a Wii U. Microsoft wants Banjo fans on their console. Releasing the game on the virtual console is counter productive towards that goal.
These sort of quotes from you have always bugged me, and I finally figured out why. You are talking as if you are one of the Microsoft spokespeople, as if you have an inside look as to what they have planned and what they want, and it comes off as annoyingly pretentious. Unless you actually are a Microsoft representative, you are spit-balling with this entire argument about something that might be true in theory, but could easily be made into an exception.

Right now, there is no agreement, so what you are saying doesn't matter.
One party is interested, and the other is taking suggestions. Whose to say that Microsoft doesn't make a deal with Nintendo, put Banjo in Smash, release a Banjo Amiibo, Banjo on the Virtual Console, then use the hype generated to promote a hypothetical, Microsoft developed Banjo sequel on the Xbox One?

If ANYBODY here can give me definitive proof as to why something like this can't happen I will shut up about Banjo, but I highly doubt that anybody here can do that.

To quote myself
Crap, competitors can't work together on something? And I was so excited about Spiderman appearing in a Marvel movie...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TL;DR: Microsoft alone holds full rights to Banjo & Kazooie as a series in it's entirety. Any actions involving the series or any components within it are done through them.
And Mircrosoft just said that they would be OK with their First party property appearing in Smash Bros.

In addition, these news were suddenly backed by massive amounts of fans support.

So now the cards lie in if Nintendo is willing to make negociations to make it happen. From a business standpoint, it'd be stupid not to.

So, I fail to see what's incredibly complex or difficult to understand about this scenario. It's not as impossible as you make it seem.

Nintendo's been proven to promote rival comapnies as seen with Snake, they've been proven to work with former rivals as seen with Sonic, and they've been proven to reach out and make negociations based on fan demand as seen with Megaman and Sonic,

So, considering that the Banjo DLC and Amiibo would make them a lot of money, tell me then, what are legitimately good reasons for why Banjo shouldn't or couldn't be in Smash. So far, all opposition present thus far ITT has been disproven through previous actions already taken by Nintendo.

The only obstacle Banjo ever truly had was that M$ wouldn't allow it. M$ just gave the OK. So...?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Sooooooo... Because Capcom, Sega, and Namco don't make consoles, they don't count as gaming companies... good to know.
They are gaming companies, but not of the same ilk as Nintendo or Microsoft.

Nintendo and Microsoft manufacture consoles. They have first-party titles designed to be marketed on said consoles, and it's their priority to convince people to support their titles and, hence, their consoles.

Capcom and Namco don't manufacture consoles. They can market their titles to any console they choose, they have no first-party agenda and hence are not competing with any other company in the console-shifting sense.

Nintendo supporting Microsoft or vice-versa would be two companies directly supporting their major competitor. Namco supporting Nintendo is an impartial third-party developer that benefits from having their product on the console that is most likely to draw in a sizable user base and which will earn them the most return. There's no direct competition there, and it's in both companies' interests. That is why Banjo in Smash is still a difficult process - a very cool process, but still a big ask all the same.

@ Wintropy Wintropy But for how long will it stay that way? I'll try to help as much as I can but I've never played a Final Fantasy game so all I can really say is Black Mage. Smash. Want. He is awesome in Super Smash Flash 2.

What I find sad is that the Squirtle and Ivysaur, and Pichu threads can't seem to get back on their feet, (I've tried.) and the Roy, Young Link, and Snake are fading fast. I guess I could try again, but my ideas don't tend to be liked because of "Project M is better".
Support threads ebb and flow. Lend your support if you'd like, every voice helps.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Their not. The Roy and Snake threads are still one of the most popular support threads on this site. I don't know how you got to that conclusion.

Troykv

Smash Master
Their not. The Roy and Snake threads are still one of the most popular support threads on this site. I don't know how you got to that conclusion.
Whereas the Ice Climbers not return until the next game (3DS things), Ivysaur and Squirtle are unlikely characters (if not actually impossible, but not that they can do with them since the mechanics of pokémon trainer took off.), Snake does not really have a reason to return, Pichu is a joke, and we already have Mewtwo, Dr. Mario and Lucas again; it drives among veterans the most possible return to Wolf and Roy (and Wolf you could say is already "confirmed" with the Lucas announcement).

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Whereas the Ice Climbers not return until the next game (3DS things), Ivysaur and Squirtle are unlikely characters (if not actually impossible, but not that they can do with them since the mechanics of pokémon trainer took off.), Snake does not really have a reason to return, Pichu is a joke, and we already have Mewtwo, Dr. Mario and Lucas again; it drives among veterans the most possible return to Wolf and Roy (and Wolf and you could say that this "confirmed").
I disagree with your stance on Snake. He has a strong pedigree to him and a lot of valid reasons to return, it's just a case of whether Nintendo will consent to it again this time.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Whereas the Ice Climbers not return until the next game (3DS things), Ivysaur and Squirtle are unlikely characters (if not actually impossible, but not that they can do with them since the mechanics of pokémon trainer took off.), Snake does not really have a reason to return, Pichu is a joke, and we already have Mewtwo, Dr. Mario and Lucas again; it drives among veterans the most possible return to Wolf and Roy (and Wolf you could say is already "confirmed" with the Lucas announcement).
I agree with you on Wolf and Roy though I disagree about Snake having no reason to return. The guy is loved by the Smash fanbase and is one of the most requested third party characters to return.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I disagree with your stance on Snake. He has a strong pedigree to him and a lot of valid reasons to return, it's just a case of whether Nintendo will consent to it again this time.
Could be. But it has its potential problems such as the detail with Kojima.

Well ... It is loved by the fandom, but not like they could have him back in Smash.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
There's the Black Mage support thread, which was recently revived by my good friend @ AustarusIV AustarusIV . It's pretty cool, yo~ ;3
Thanks, Winny!

Although honestly, I'm not expecting Black Mage (or any other 3rd Party DLC) to be playable at all for this installment, given the recent bit of news that Nintendo will not consider 3rd party character requests in the Smash Ballots. I didn't even vote for him when I had the opportunity last night, because I was hoping for Wolf to be made playable next.

However, I'm still more than willing to keep the thread open and exposed so that we can keep support alive for the next Smash game! :D

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I... What the F***?! What the HELL are you saying here?

NO WHERE, in ANY POSSIBLE context did he say that Capcom, Sega, and Namco aren't gaming companies. That has absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH THE POINT!

I can't even say you twisted his words because there's NO POSSIBLE WAY "Capcom and Namco isn't in the industry of making competing consoles but rather of game development" can be twisted so badly to mean "they don't count as gaming companies."

I'm... I'm livid. This is completely ridiculous. I can understand the logic of wanting Banjo-Kazooie into the game, but going to such an extent that you'll rewrite what other people say just to feel better about your beliefs that Banjo-Kazooie still have a high chance of making it...?

...Nintendo blew up the internet... this whole poll is driving everyone crazy...

Thanks, Winny!

Although honestly, I'm not expecting Black Mage (or any other 3rd Party DLC) to be playable at all for this installment, given the recent bit of news that Nintendo will not consider 3rd party character requests in the Smash Ballots. I didn't even vote for him when I had the opportunity last night, because I was hoping for Wolf to be made playable next.

However, I'm still more than willing to keep the thread open and exposed so that we can keep support alive for the next Smash game! :D
I need to add Lip to my signature... :D I need to add a signature in the first place. K. Rool, Isaac, Lip, and Dixie Kong! :D

Don't care much for Black Mage honestly, and I agree that I don't think third-party DLC will happen. But hey, vote for you want. I appreciate that at least you realize that the odds are slim.

Keep in mind, they never said they "would not consider" third-party ballots, but they clearly are looking more for Nintendo characters than anything. (They probably DO realize people will vote for literally anyone, though. They'll throw those votes out of course.)

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
Does Phil's comment represent Microsoft's stance on the matter? Or are people just assuming that Microsoft is willing to promote a rival's console because of that tweet?

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
...To think that were not going to get any news about the poll until E3 at least. I wouldn't be surprised if we all lost our minds by then. So much speculation in a time span of 3 days.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I love Banjo and Kazooie and I'll still show support, but I do not want to go through Ridley again with my favorite characters.

As much as I hate it, they have to take a back seat. I'm going full force for Rayman now, and he's still ranking high in various places. I'm still all for Snake too, but he's already above Rayman for the most part, so things are looking well for him.

We've got trophies, we have publicity from a fake leak, and now the fans are all coming together. We're with the big guys now.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Does Phil's comment represent Microsoft's stance on the matter? Or are people just assuming that Microsoft is willing to promote a rival's console because of that tweet?
Presumably that's just Phil's stance. Phil has said a lot of things that don't necessarily make sense for Microsoft as a whole, so I'd bet its a personal response. Granted, Microsoft does not consider Nintendo a competitor. Regardless, just because Microsoft doesn't it also doesn't mean they'd consider letting a character they went out of the way to take from Nintendo added into a Nintendo game.

...To think that were not going to get any news about the poll until E3 at least. I wouldn't be surprised if we all lost our minds by then. So much speculation in a time span of 3 days.
I'd bet we'll get at least one character at E3. All I care about is Isaac and K. Rool. I really hope that if they announce K. Rool maybe with a full trailer, they'll also give Isaac a teaser like Mewtwo, because that would put my mind at ease.

I'm not sure who would come after them except Dixie Kong. And I don't care that much. Isaac and K. Rool are good enough for me.

I love Banjo and Kazooie and I'll still show support, but I do not want to go through Ridley again with my favorite characters.

As much as I hate it, they have to take a back seat. I'm going full force for Rayman now, and he's still ranking high in various places. I'm still all for Snake too, but he's already above Rayman for the most part, so things are looking well for him.

We've got trophies, we have publicity from a fake leak, and now the fans are all coming together. We're with the big guys now.
I'm all for Banjo and Kazooie, personally. I do NOT think it will happen, and I think people have EXTREMELY unrealistic expectations about Banjo and Kazooie. But sure, I'm glad Banjo and Kazooie are getting a lot of support and I feel like they -should- have been in Melee, but they really can't be due to the buyout. And its sad.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I'm honestly quite stuck in support now....

The problem is that I'm dealing with the whole problem that people think Paper Mario is another mario and that's it. The other problem is that I can't deny he's mario....I'm trying to make people stop to think he's JUST that.

....this is going to be hard. I know I can go further, but that issue prevents me....

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, I'm honestly quite stuck in support now....

The problem is that I'm dealing with the whole problem that people think Paper Mario is another mario and that's it. The other problem is that I can't deny he's mario....I'm trying to make people stop to think he's JUST that.

....this is going to be hard. I know I can go further, but that issue prevents me....
I'm sure most people recognize that Paper Mario has the potential for an original moveset. The problem is, we already have two Mario's in the game. Most people would rather have a new character than a third version of an existing character, especially something that's likely to be as limited as DLC will be. Not to mention the fact that Mario already has three more characters than in Brawl, with two brand new characters.

I don't want to be condescending, but I have to agree. I absolutely DO NOT want Paper Mario. But I won't condemn you for supporting Paper Mario.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
@ Ura Ura I don't see them that often, and the two threads never show up on my notifications. Maybe I have the threads on "Unwatch". I'll look into it.
Yes Pichu is a joke. An adorable joke that should not be taken lightly. The only reason people hate Pichu is that his gimmick was handled poorly. With a few adjustments, be could be top tier. And you know what? Mewtwo was bad in Melee, and now he is the most wanted (And now widley recived) character, and what did Pichu get? "Oh my gosh! why was he ever in smash?" And you say Snake doesn't deserve to be in Smash? Why cause he is third party? Yeah, the Ice Climbers have to wait. But does that stop the fans from being acrive? No!

@ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman I never said Banjo and Kazooie had high chances. I'm not even a supporter for crying out loud. My argument was that Nintendo, Namco, Capcom, and Sega are competitors because they are competing for sales on the games they make. (sighs) You know what? I'm just going to ignore any further comments saying that I'm an idiot. All I was doing was defending a character. One stupid character. (Jeez, this is turning into the Jumpman debate)

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's nice to stop and remember that my favourite characters are already in Smash. It allows for a more neutral and impartial voting system. :3

Right now, my vote is likely going to Wonder Red. There are a lot of characters I would like to see in Smash, but most of them are either very unlikely or are characters that I support to help out others; Red is one of the very few characters that I, personally, have been supporting since the old days and possess a personal attachment to.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I really don't want both K.Rool and Dixie as DLC. It should be either one of them making it in alone because Sakurai said he won't be able to make a lot of DLC characters and it would be counterproductive to have 2 reps of the same franchise. Personally, I would have K,Rool over Dixie mainly because I wanted him since I was a kid and that he's more popular than Dixie. Same thing with third party characters.

I think their should at least be 2 reveals at E3 (not including Lucas who's details will be finalized at the event). For one character, they can have a trailer for him/her like they did with Mewtwo and Lucas (pretty much guaranteed to be Wolf seeing he's number 1 in popularity and that the new Star Fox is coming out soon) and for the other they can just provide details about the character like they did with Mewtwo in the 50 Fact video.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm sure most people recognize that Paper Mario has the potential for an original moveset. The problem is, we already have two Mario's in the game. Most people would rather have a new character than a third version of an existing character, especially something that's likely to be as limited as DLC will be.

I don't want to be condescending, but I have to agree. I absolutely DO NOT want Paper Mario. But I won't condemn you for supporting Paper Mario.
actually, the problem isn't EXACTLLY that, but you did lead to it.

See, currently, I'm really trying to show the potential. That;s what you would consider the content.

The problem isn't the content, it is what is LEADING to them and that's the thing you just said.

The prblem is simply that the header doesn't match the content at all and I know it's not the contents being just wrong.

see, there's a big difference between what you would consider a toon link case and him.

Let me make this even shorter: he's mario, BUT NOT LIKE HIM.

How the heck you can prove this without uising the contents is why I'm stuck. he actualy GAINED popularity and recognition and it changes nothign because of that simple issue that I know I can solve....

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I'm not a huge fan of the idea of third parties getting into Smash through DLC. I feel that Snake is the only third party character who deserves to get into the game as DLC, if any third party character. This is still a Nintendo fighting game. The way I see it, there's only a few spots left for characters to get into the game as playable fighters. As much as it would be cool to see Banjo, Rayman, and the like, I only want to see 'Nintendo' characters get the last few slots. I believe Nintendo property should be the only thing added to the game from here on out. That's basically all I have to say on the matter. Just my opinion.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It's nice to stop and remember that my favourite characters are already in Smash. It allows for a more neutral and impartial voting system. :3

Right now, my vote is likely going to Wonder Red. There are a lot of characters I would like to see in Smash, but most of them are either very unlikely or are characters that I support to help out others; Red is one of the very few characters that I, personally, have been supporting since the old days and possess a personal attachment to.
I gave my vote to Red. Smash needs somebody a bit more... Wonderful.

Troykv

Smash Master
@ Ura Ura I don't see them that often, and the two threads never show up on my notifications. Maybe I have the threads on "Unwatch". I'll look into it.

Yes Pichu is a joke. An adorable joke that should not be taken lightly. The only reason people hate Pichu is that his gimmick was handled poorly. With a few adjustments, be could be top tier. And you know what? Mewtwo was bad in Melee, and now he is the most wanted (And now widley recived) character, and what did Pichu get? "Oh my gosh! why was he ever in smash?" And you say Snake doesn't deserve to be in Smash? Why cause he is third party? Yeah, the Ice Climbers have to wait. But does that stop the fans from being acrive? No!
I'm curious!

Please tell me ... How do you do Pichu a good character and retaining the gimmick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom