• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I really don't understand their thought process in cutting clones just to add more clones.
Leaking unannounced newcomers and hordes of pictures as ESRB employee. YOLO.
If he gets caught (which I very much expect he will), then he's not only getting fired, but also quite possibly facing legal action from Nintendo.

All for 15 minutes of fame.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace

The ESRB don't play the games they're trying to review. So why would this be on a 3DS? It means that this is clearly a fake! or someone could have a copy of the game already

EDIT: Also, who's on the top platform? I know it's Toon Link, but with a really swollen face.
EDIT 2: Well this was pointless in hindsight

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291

The ESRB don't play the games they're trying to review. So why would this be on a 3DS? It means that this is clearly a fake! or someone could have a copy of the game already
It's already been confirmed fake.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's fake. From an old 4chan post apparently.

The question is why would All Star even repost it? He's really playing around with Sneaky Spirit as well.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
At least Ganondorf looks like he could have gotten a few buffs, and those animations are sweet.

Morbi

Scavenger
At least Ganondorf looks like he could have gotten a few buffs, and those animations are sweet.
What "animations"? The video I saw had Ganondorf spamming f-tilt! :troll:

But seriously, I love that Ganondorf is black as the night sky to match his atrocious CSS icon. I am still not buying the leak to be honest.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
What "animations"? The video I saw had Ganondorf spamming f-tilt! :troll:

But seriously, I love that Ganondorf is black as the night sky to match his atrocious CSS icon. I am still not buying the leak to be honest.
By animations i meant when he uses his down smash, there is some purple energy coming from his legs, wich looks way better than the one in Brawl.

Last edited:

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy...people were expecting for a newcomer reveal today, but looks like we got more than what we could stomach at the moment with the leak approval. Monado Monday indeed. 0.0

Gosh, those video views are going like hotcakes! Bowser Jr.'s clown car moveset does seem extremely reliant on the vehicle itself rather than from the Koopa prince himself from how he plays. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Koopalings are Jr's alts at this point.

Dang..I feel bad for Ganondorf fans. Looks like he's Captain Ganon once again so far.

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Real Pumped for New Dorf, I'm gonna be spending a lot of time with him and Robin. And if Mach somehow does make it, I'm gonna have a tough time findinf time for eveyone, it'll be like melee again with a main and two heavy use secondaries, I miss that.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Is it just me or the leaks suggest Nintendo is pretending Mother 3 doesn't exist?

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or the leaks suggest Nintendo is pretending Mother 3 doesn't exist?
Seems like it so far.

Let's not forget Reggie's reaction to the Mother 3 fan in the sketch for the Digital Event...

Edit: And looks like NOA finally removed the leaked gameplay videos off YouTube ("This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Nintendo of America Inc..")

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Sakurai: "Were only going to add characters that bring new elements to the game."
*adds clones like Lucina, TL, Doc Mario and Dark Pit (possibly Dixie as well)*

Makes sense Sakurai... :glare:
More characters is always good, and there is also that lame customization feature anyways :p

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well, looks like the leak was real, despite what I said earlier, I'm okay with this roster. Dark Pit and Dr.Mario are the only real disappointments in my eyes. The fact that we still have more characters to be revealed is exciting.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dr.Mario and Dark Pit are bad yes. But I felt more dissapointment when they announced Pac-Man and Mii.

Now, can I finally rest soundly now that I know that Mewtwo, Dixie and Impa are definitely in the game?

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Dang, I mean I for one, jumped for joy when Pac-Man and Miis were confirmed. Pac-Man was my most wanted and miis were my second :p
I'm down with mewtwo, Dixie, and impa... but who I really feel bad for are all the ridley and k.rool fanatics

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
but who I really feel bad for are all the ridley and k.rool fanatics
I think everyone is forgetting about one thing, or I should probably say two things:

(Not) Fun Fact: The Ice Climbers are the first character(s) to be cut from Smash Bros after appearing in 2 Smash Bros games.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Dang, I mean I for one, jumped for joy when Pac-Man and Miis were confirmed. Pac-Man was my most wanted and miis were my second :p
I'm down with mewtwo, Dixie, and impa... but who I really feel bad for are all the ridley and k.rool fanatics
I'm in the worst position possible, since none of my favorite characters have been announced.
Of the newcomers, the only one who is closer to being one who I like is Pac-man, and I'm still not too much a fan of him anyway.
Of my most wanted, the ones with most chances are Jill & Drill Dozer (because she was an assist in Brawl) and Karate Joe (because a Rhythm Heaven rep is in the air, anyway I started supporting him way before the Gematsu leak), but my hopes are low.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I think everyone is forgetting about one thing, or I should probably say two things:

(Not) Fun Fact: The Ice Climbers are the first character(s) to be cut from Smash Bros after appearing in 2 Smash Bros games.
Due to (probably) technical issues. Which is, if you ask me, the most justified reason to cut a character.

That is assuming what Sakurai said long time ago was true, of course. I must say, as much as it saddens me to lose a unique character, I wasn't very fond of them to begin with, so I'm not really bothered by them being gone. I'm more pissed about Wolf being cut.

Morbi

Scavenger

It is not fact as of yet, that is a hasty claim.

Due to (probably) technical issues. Which is, if you ask me, the most justified reason to cut a character.

That is assuming what Sakurai said long time ago was true, of course. I must say, as much as it saddens me to lose a unique character, I wasn't very fond of them to begin with, so I'm not really bothered by them being gone. I'm more pissed about Wolf being cut.
Agreed. That is why I always advocated for Pokemon Trainer's removal in addition to Ice Climbers, they have a justifiable reason to be cut that is based on technical aspects of implementing them in the game.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Dr.Mario and Dark Pit are bad yes. But I felt more dissapointment when they announced Pac-Man and Mii.

Now, can I finally rest soundly now that I know that Mewtwo, Dixie and Impa are definitely in the game?
Sorry to rain on your parade, but They are by no means definite yet. All we know is all the leakers have said "there are more to come" with the exception of two (the ones who released videos and pics) who have also been known to lie/troll/fake stuff for amusement. So the verdict seems to be, who the hell knows

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

If they're really cut, I hope they will at least appear as assist trophies. Anyway, Ice Climbers enemies are still in Smash Run, so I assume that they are in the game in some form. Even as playable maybe; the leak screen has still 5 holes, and aside from some rumors, we don't really know who will fill them. There is also a small possibility that the whole leak is just a 4chan massive trolling community project.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are the only exciting aspects of the leak if you ask me.
You just have to be the hipster, don't you?

I don't think we have to worry too much, there's a fair chance there are more characters we don't know about.
I'm sure Popo and Nana will make an appearance somehow.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

In the arms of an angel...
Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are the only exciting aspects of the leak if you ask me.
I really like how Dr. Mario and Dark pit are in as well, and i'm especially hyped for Shulk. Everyone else, not so much.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
There's so much confusion going on right now, I would suggest not believing anything until we see it for ourselves. Don't get your hopes up too high for characters that are technically still unconfirmed. We'll know every character on the roster soon enough.

Morbi

Scavenger
There's so much confusion going on right now, I would suggest not believing anything until we see it for ourselves. Don't get your hopes up too high for characters that are technically still unconfirmed. We'll know every character on the roster soon enough.
Indeed. I would not get my hopes up for Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt Dog, or Shulk. Dark Pit, on the other hand, keep those expectations up! :troll:

Seriously though, why is there no leaked footage of Dark Pit? It seems like that would be the easiest to fake.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Indeed. I would not get my hopes up for Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt Dog, or Shulk. Dark Pit, on the other hand, keep those expectations up! :troll:

Seriously though, why is there no leaked footage of Dark Pit? It seems like that would be the easiest to fake.
....You are going to end up rubbing Dark Pit in people's faces, aren't you?:glare:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I cannot see now how this is fake. And I really want to believe Mewtwo / Dixie / Impa cause that would be the only redeeming part of the roster, and with that, I mean all of the roster.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Welp, gg. My overall reaction: "Meh". Not absolutely terrible, but not entirely great either.

Character playstyles that think are unique and interesting and that I like:
Rosalina
Pac-Man
Megaman
Villager
Little Mac
Robin (even though his gimmicks worry me a lot)

Characters playstyles I either dislike or am not sold on yet:
Wii Fit Trainer (used to support her, until I saw her in action...looks to me a generic movesets sprinkled with yoga "jokes")
Greninja
Lucina
Mii Fighters
Palutena (very disappointed in her honestly, expected more. Still support her inclusion though)

Leaked characters:
Bowser Jr: Though the concept is cool (flying Koopa Clown Car mech) looks overall uninteresting to me. Will need to see more.
Shulk: Shulk...what happened? Why do you fight like a generic sword wielder...? You had so much potential...it can't end like this! There has to be more to you! :crying:

Falcondorf...I had such high hopes after seeing Bowser...this is truly the most depressing thing about this leak.

Still completely against Dark Pit, Dr. Mario and Lucina inclusion but I always were against them anyway.

Potentially losing Wolf, Lucas and Ice Climbers are a damn shame, especially Wolf. Also, I can't help but not be salty at the 3DS version proving to be a detriment to where a unique charterer was cut because of it (something that I predicted the minute Nintendo announced they were doing two versions, so I'm not surprised it happened tbh). Though to be fair, it's no secret that the Ice Climbers had problems anyway.

And that 3DS stage selection is still pretty bad imo.

So again, not terrible but not great either IMO.

Anyone who posts here at least semi-regularly but says they won't be getting the game now due to character x or lack or character y has their pants on fire.

You knew you'd be getting this game regardless since you heard about it. :p

(not speaking about any one person in particular)
Wouldn't be so sure. I didn't buy Brawl until 6 years after release (after not wanting it after the huge amount of exposure I had with it from friends and family) and it was only because of Project M. And I was much more into Smash back then than I am now.

Besides, how the game plays was always where I was more a bit disappointed in Smash 4 then the roster (not going to delve on this any further, before arguments hehe), though speculation on the roster was pretty fun admittedly.

I'm waiting for the Wii U version anyway, if I get it.

....You are going to end up rubbing Dark Pit in people's faces, aren't you?:glare:
To be fair, I am a pretty big detractor of everything Dark Pit and even I had to agree that he had pretty good shot of being playable (@ Morbi Morbi can attest for this). That allusion in Palutena's trailer should not have been ignored.

Well, doesn't matter. Morbid can rub it in people faces (I'm fully prepared to eat crow with your Dark Pit propaganda, Morbid Embarrass), but it won't stop me for decrying his inclusion! :denzel:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom