• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I guess I will just admit that Bowser Jr. and Shulk look pretty ****in cool and fun to play as even though I don't care for either of them as characters.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Just going to say it once outside his thread and shut up about it after except his thread, but There's still the tease from Paper Mario as new series (stage name).

With the leak being absolute, it's simple:

If he's not own series, dead.

If he is, confirmed.

The leak wouldn't change the tease he made, but it's realy sensitive now.

The tease is the only worthy evidence as of now, so I's quite nervous to get that leak after all.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I'm staying off Smashboards (or at least the speculation side of it). If the leak is fake, then I want to be sure to miss any real leaks from Japan, and I want to be surprised when I actually unlock the hidden newcomers. If the leak is real, then incase other characters are missed, then I don't get spoiled for them.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
In that gameplay video, I actually didn't like the way Shulk looked. I've never played Xenoblade, but I know he has more potential. I can't really tell though.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm staying off Smashboards (or at least the speculation side of it). If the leak is fake, then I want to be sure to miss any real leaks from Japan, and I want to be surprised when I actually unlock the hidden newcomers. If the leak is real, then incase other characters are missed, then I don't get spoiled for them.
Go update your roster in the Risk Roster game before you go though..
I can't really edit a roster the size of yours.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
So, the 5 unrevealed newcomers seems to be ridley, dixie, mewtwo, impa and mach rider
The confirmed newcomers are duck dog, shulk, bowsy, dr mario and dark pit
That would mean we could be getting 21 newcomers with 6 cuts, 52 characters with a few clones, I must say I would like that roster

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
If Ice Climbers are back this roster is perfect for me with just what was revelead on the leak....Please...

mark welford

Smash Ace
Warning Received
I'm just hoping sakurai disproves this he hate leaks so much then now is the perfect time to disprove it and bring out Ice Climbers or another "cut" character because I still do not believe this [CENSORED FOR YOUR PROTECTION]

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just hoping sakurai disproves this he hate leaks so much then now is the perfect time to disprove it and bring out Ice Climbers or another "cut" character because I still do not believe this [CENSORED FOR YOUR PROTECTION]
As much as I want the Ice Climbers, denying the leak is pretty ludicrous at this point...

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
Before those videos, I used to think that the leaks were fake, I mean just look at one of Wario's eyes!, now I'm not so sure. :confused:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
As much as I want the Ice Climbers, denying the leak is pretty ludicrous at this point...
Just as it was ludicrous to deny Gematsu? :awesome: Though in all seriousness i agree with you in that it's most likely real at this point.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just as it was ludicrous to deny Gematsu? :awesome: Though in all seriousness i agree with you in that it's most likely real at this point.
I still stand by the fact that it was outdated. :p

But seriously guys. Video. Proof.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Before those videos, I used to think that the leaks were fake, I mean just look at one of Wario's eyes!, now I'm not so sure. :confused:
still could be this guy could be a very great hacker and no I am not grasping for straws and people on these forums assume the worst case scenario too much those "cut" characters could might as well be in the game and the leaker may of did that screw and toy with people's emotion I still maintain Ice Climbers or any other "cut" character are in the game until disproven by the developer himself

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
still could be this guy could be a very great hacker and no I am not grasping for straws and people on these forums assume the worst case scenario too much those "cut" characters could might as well be in the game and the leaker may of did that screw and toy with people's emotion I still maintain Ice Climbers or any other "cut" character are in the game until disproven by the developer himself
That may be true, I used to be a part of Melee/Brawl's Machinima community, and there are plenty of hacks out there, that could be used in Brawl, to create a convincing "leak". Still, I don't know what to think. :confused:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
With the new leak, I went in the prediction thread to modify my prediction, and I realized something strange.
If my point is correct, the only possible numbers of icons on the screen are 48 and 60, because those are the only numbers that can be switched between the two versions of the game still making a rectangle like Brawl's select screen (with different proportions in the 2 versions of the game). In the first case, the leak is fake; in the second case, the leak may be true and this would explain clones; though, this would mean that more than 5 characters are missing from that screen, and the layout has still to change (10 x 6).
In my prediction, I thought that each series is getting a newcomer, and reaching 60 (59+random) was very easy (so no place for clones), but my prediction is not official, who knows who are the characters that Sakurai is going to put in.

I'm slowly starting to think that those leaks are really just some really good video editings and custom models, with some model ripped out from 3DS (I know it is theorically not possible yet, but I saw someone who exported maps from OoT 3DS so maybe it's possible after all).
The screenshots are nothing special, as all of them feature simple menus and trophies over generic backgrounds.
Or we're really going to have 59 characters.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
With the new leak, I went in the prediction thread to modify my prediction, and I realized something strange.
If my point is correct, the only possible numbers of icons on the screen are 48 and 60, because those are the only numbers that can be switched between the two versions of the game still making a rectangle like Brawl's select screen (with different proportions in the 2 versions of the game). In the first case, the leak is fake; in the second case, the leak may be true and this would explain clones; though, this would mean that more than 5 characters are missing from that screen, and the layout has still to change (10 x 6).
In my prediction, I thought that each series is getting a newcomer, and reaching 60 (59+random) was very easy (so no place for clones), but my prediction is not official, who knows who are the characters that Sakurai is going to put in.

I'm slowly starting to think that those leaks are really just some really good video editings and custom models, with some model ripped out from 3DS (I know it is theorically not possible yet, but I saw someone who exported maps from OoT 3DS so maybe it's possible after all).
The screenshots are nothing special, as all of them feature simple menus and trophies over generic backgrounds.
You're thinking they're fake because they don't line up perfectly on the character select screen? That doesn't seem like a very good argument against it.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Anyway, what do you guys think of the concept of Bowser Jr. fighting in his koopa clown kart?, i personally hate Bowser Jr. as a character but honestly this idea seems too good to pass up.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman

Funny, because from the look of the leak, for the CSS, it looks like they maybe going for more of a Melee CSS than a Brawl CSS

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, what do you guys think of the concept of Bowser Jr. fighting in his koopa clown kart?, i personally hate Bowser Jr. as a character but honestly this idea seems too good to pass up.
Certainly a genius idea, considering everyone would think he would be bowsers luigi.

am I the only one who still has no idea what is going on right now? and the ridley thread is gone so now I feel like a homeless drifter...:cry:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I like the concept and I prefer it over the paintbrush (because the only character who can use a paintbrush as a weapon is Adeleine GWAHAHAHA ok I'll stop), but I think it looks awkward since it should fly but it doesn't, not even during his B+up.
The most awkward thing is that the propeller is stopped when the character doesn't move, and rotates slowly when the character walks... it looks very out of place, I would have prefered if they modified his mech giving it some foots like Eggman's in Sonic Adventure 2.

EDIT:
I'm not saying that the leak is fake, I'm saying that it may still be fake, it's still not 100% confirmed even if it's almost confirmed.
And anyway, I sayd "if my point is correct", I'm not stating a fact.

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero

This. Bowser Junior is a meh character, but this clown car is gold

mark welford

Smash Ace
y'all are a trip believe anything that surfaces y'all must of never heard the phrase don't believe everything on the internet like I said y'all are jumping on this leak not knowing if this is real or not like I said I do not believe the leak until Ice Climbers or any other "cut" character is disproven by the developer himself.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
y'all are a trip believe anything that surfaces y'all must of never heard the phrase don't believe everything on the internet like I said y'all are jumping on this leak not knowing if this is real or not like I said I do not believe the leak until Ice Climbers or any other "cut" character is disproven by the developer himself.
Y'all be trippin if y'all think someone could fake a video like that, if y'll could show me aything close that accuracy, I'll gladly accept it as a fake leak jahfeel?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
There's way too much evidence, even bloody videos, i agree we can't just say it's 100% confirmed and call it a day, but seriously trying to deny it seems rather pointless at this point, seeing all that it has in it's favor.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
My thoughts on the leak:

-Ice Climbers being cut from the Wii U version just because Sakurai has to be "fair" when it comes to the roster for both versions (despite plenty of exclusive stuff when it comes to anything other than characters) is absolutely indefensible and complete bull****. The Wii U version having one extra character would be absolutely justified in the case of technical difficulties.

-Bowser Jr. might be my absolute favorite newcomer, even more than Robin and the 3rd parties. So far he's the biggest redeeming factor of this leak.

-Duck Hunt Dog......working together with the ducks?!? No.........just...no. Goddammit Sakurai its called Duck Hunt for a reason. DHD better be a real slime ball to everyone else to make up for it. He's already looking too Disney for my tastes.

-Dark Pit and Dr. Mario:............I got Lucina out of the deal so I'm not gonna complain too much.

-At least I don't have to worry about Xenoblade not getting a stage like Mother/F-Zero in 64 and Fire Emblem in Melee. Shulk himself is great of course.

-I'll be fine with no K.Rool if we get Ridley and Dixie in the final roster. Mewtwo is non-negotiable however. He's not in and I'm canceling my preorder for Fantasy Life instead and getting Smash used later on.

-Ivysaur will always >>>>>>>>> Jigglypuff and Greninja.

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
There's way too much evidence, even bloody videos, i agree we can't just say it's 100% confirmed and call it a day, but seriously trying to deny it seems rather pointless at this point, seeing all that it has in it's favor.
I agree, the only thing we can do about that is wait and see what Nintendo confirms that could give a big blow to the leak... until then the leak is true

mark welford

Smash Ace
like I said I will not believe that leak until Ice Climbers or any other "cut" character are disproven by the developer himself it might look convincing but it could be fake I do not take anything that is like this seriously until there is rock solid official evidence to make it believable. but there is a video! did the developer himself put the video up? someone answer that question for me.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
like I said I will not believe that leak until Ice Climbers or any other "cut" character are disproven by the developer himself it might look convincing but it could be fake I do not take anything that is like this seriously until there is rock solid official evidence to make it believable. but there is a video! did the developer himself put the video up? someone answer that question for me.
Whatever floats your boat, but i recommend not using your own principles as an argument against it, especially when it has videos, clear images not just of the roster, but of many other parts of the interface, as well as trophies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom