• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Leaker started pointing out the Sneaky Spirit apparently

It's a Rhythm Heaven rep. I now have everything I wanted.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
So it was from an ESRB video, huh? You can see the time and "ESRB0083" at the bottom in some pictures.

That explains why the content of the pictures is what it is. Pictures of women from suggestive angles, the crude humor of Wario and Specknose, "Demon King"... They're all there for rating purposes.

By the way, I wonder if the numbers at the end of "ESRB0083" are unique in every video the ESRB members have received. If so, then the leaker is ****ed.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
they say that 3 characters are left, but I still missed something.
There were 5 characters missing in the leaked screen: one place is filled with the miis, the other 4 places?
They said, 1 DK rep, 1 Pokèmon rep and 1 new franchise rep. And the 4th slot?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
By the way the three characters thing could be fake. The leaker could be just lying to save their own ass. It happens often.

Still, three characters fit...

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
By the way the three characters thing could be fake. The leaker could be just lying to save their own ***. It happens often.

Still, three characters fit...
The leaker might not have any information outside the ESRB video, and the fact that there's no pictures of the supposed three characters likely means that they weren't on it.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Impa is rumored, Impa it must be.

For ****s sake, can't have 7 Mario characters running around, Captain Ganondorf returning and NOT giving a Zelda newcomer.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace

Leaker posted this, saying that the Pokemon rep is Mewtwo and the Donkey Kong rep is Dixie (as if that wasn't obvious). @ Spinosaurus Spinosaurus has a point though, this could be him just trying to throw us off. The lack of villains (I care about) is a shame, but if this is the case, I won't completely hate this roster, because Mewtwo.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
It's looking like 3 more newcomers, thats it. must have a short row somehwere/add the mii icon in or something. Also, no Ridley, and my near perfect roster is compete

EDIT: Jk, that leaker isn't confirmed accurate yet, let the speculation continue

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
they say that 3 characters are left, but I still missed something.
There were 5 characters missing in the leaked screen: one place is filled with the miis, the other 4 places?
They said, 1 DK rep, 1 Pokèmon rep and 1 new franchise rep. And the 4th slot?
Ninka leak claims Dixie, Mewtwo, Chorus Kids, and Ridley.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie and Mewtwo already excite me a lot! It where the only characters that I ever, truely, dared to expect. As in, really expect that they will be there and not accept the possibility of them not making the cut. They where just too obvious, and extremely popular. And shouldn't take too many resources, considering the Forbidden 7 from Brawl and all.

If this last character is Impa, I will say that this roster has a 100% satisfaction rating for me. AND I HAVE LITERALLY BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT ALL NEWCOMERS THUSFAR!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The leaker might not have any information outside the ESRB video, and the fact that there's no pictures of the supposed three characters likely means that they weren't on it.
Thing is the original leak that also mentioned Bowser Jr having Koopalings alts actualy listed Dixie, Mewtwo and CKs alongside the others. Also Olimar having Alph alts.
Larry looks a lot like Bowser Jr from the footage. Note the Clown Car.

Moreover, apparently the ESRB video was distributed around July? Who knows, but it's possible that they didn't need to show all the characters. A lot of images seem to focus on the gambling, ass/breast shots and Wario's farting antics, so it's not like they needed to see everything. They didn't show Wario footage despite him being the main offender.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I at least hope that DR Mario will have a new and original moveset... if he's not a clone anymore, I may use him.
I still feel suspicious about all this, because the leaker seems like a troll... I don't know, on that site everything can happen.

If this is true, I'm happy for Mewtwo, and I hope that the new franchise rep is Karate Joe or an assist trophy converted into fighter, like Jill from Drill Dozer or Isaac.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dr.Mario will be as much of a clone as at least Lucina is, and so will Dark Pit. Sakurai said there will be clones. They be our clones. With Impa as a possible Sheik clone to, and I guess Dixie to as a Diddy clone. But those 2 I could see as unique (as they should) or as semi-clones to (which is also cool). The fact alone that these two characters are that flexible alone gives me a lot of faith in them now.

IMPA YOU CAN'T NOT BE IN THIS NOW!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Anyone who posts here at least semi-regularly but says they won't be getting the game now due to character x or lack or character y has their pants on fire.

You knew you'd be getting this game regardless since you heard about it. :p

(not speaking about any one person in particular)

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm still a bit saddened about no Ice Climbers. I was waiting for their reveal for so long and even now they're nowhere to be seen. A two-time vet like that should appear in some capacity at least, right? Right?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I for one am rather satisfied Ice Climers aren't coming back.
No problem, they'll see you on the WiiU.:troll:

But yeah, seems the dev didn't make improvements on IC's in time, probably DLC or. . .perma-cut from SSB4 & 5's roster. That's gonna sting later for any IC fans.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm still a bit saddened about no Ice Climbers. I was waiting for their reveal for so long and even now they're nowhere to be seen. A two-time vet like that should appear in some capacity at least, right? Right?
Think of it in the positive way:

No more wobbling!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hey guys. Thanks for dancing on their graves.:glare:
They had a lot of issues man. A LOT of legitimate issues. Issues that should probably have resulted in them getting cut in Brawl already to safe someone who wouldn't ruin the game so badly and is an overall more popular character: Mewtwo.

Yes, it's sad they are gone after being a 2 time veteran. But still, from all the remaining characters on the chopping block, I'd gladly sacrifice Ice Climbers over other characters.

I do miss Wolf and Lucas already though.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Sakurai: "Were only going to add characters that bring new elements to the game."
*adds clones like Lucina, TL, Doc Mario and Dark Pit (possibly Dixie as well)*

Makes sense Sakurai... :glare:

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Am I the only one hoping that Bowser Jr. isn't going to be the only Koopaling? Having him in the Clown Car will allow the other Koopalings as Alts since most of the attacks are from the car.

Wouldn't the stage Mushroom Kingdom U also be a clue to Bowser Jr/Koopalings?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Mushroom Kingdom U is a clue to Bowser Jr. then Impa is all the more likely. :awesome:

Also, Bowser Jr. looks pretty cool.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Sakurai: "Were only going to add characters that bring new elements to the game."

This. . .
Simply this. . .
This is mainly why I'm disappointed mostly with the leak, not because it's true or fake because it's mostly real. It being real & what Sakurai says leaves me to think this whole situation is lamefest to the max.:ohwell:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Bowser Jr looks so damn good that I don't really mind if him, DHD, Shulk and Dark Pit are the final newcomers.

But really, the news of Wario seemingly not getting any moveset changes is all I wanted to hear about. If the Waft is back, I can't imagine the rest changed.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
@ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit
Thoughts on Dark Pit clone?
I do hope he gets different KI U Weapons to differentiate himself from Pit.

Like the Dark Pit Staff instead of Palutena's bow
Still strongly against him, but if he's completely unique, with few shared moves with Pit, then I'll probably accept him. I still like Pit better though and will still consider Pit/Palutena and a bit of Bowser as my mains. However, I need to see all the gameplay and movesets first as well as his performance before I can make my final judgment.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Am I the only one hoping that Bowser Jr. isn't going to be the only Koopaling? Having him in the Clown Car will allow the other Koopalings as Alts since most of the attacks are from the car.

Wouldn't the stage Mushroom Kingdom U also be a clue to Bowser Jr/Koopalings?
Bowser Jr. is not a Koopaling, also a leaker said that the Koopalings will be alts skins for Bowser Jr. (I would really like it :D

Note: Bowser Jr. is the only son that Bowser have, the Koopalins are not Bowser kids

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291

Yes because 3 characters that were most likely alternate costumes before and took almost no development time went over unique newcomers...:glare:
Though seriously, it isn't Smash Bros. without a clone or two.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It isn't a fighting game without clones.

Clones are easy addition that add depth and give us more options in the metagame. They're good.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well i just got here from college, i don't think there's a way for this leak to be fake anymore, so no Wolf sadly :c:c:c

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Oh hello

Possible fake though

EDIT: God dammit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom