• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh ****...
This is, not so good. BUT, it's not completely terrible either.
Most of all upset about no Mewtwo and King K.Rool but Impa and Dixie are still possibilities am I right? With so many Mario characters in I have a real hard time believing Dixie and Impa WON'T be in this.
Wait, where did they say there was no Mewtwo?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That confirms it. Sakurai went full Mario. Interesting! Two whole newcomers plus a potential clone.
No Mewtwo but still having Dr.Mario is just overall weird though... Real, real, REAL ****ing weird.

There's still hoping for Dixie, Impa and Mewtwo as DLC.

But now am curious what King K.Rool's role will be... If he's not playable, am hoping for the stage boss treatment.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
No Mewtwo but still having Dr.Mario is just overall weird though... Real, real, REAL ****ing weird.

But now am curious what King K.Rool's role will be... If he's not playable, am hoping for the stage boss treatment.
Well this leak has room for 5 more newcomers, Dixie and Impa are believed with some faith to be 2 of the remaning 5 on the stock roster. Nothing proven on that front though.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Speaking about the most reent leak, I'm the first person in the world who hopes that's fake, but recently there are more and more proofs coming out to enforce the credibility of the leak. I don't know if it has already been posted but... :(
there are other videos here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsKwxhG3ioc6FDKupmlVHZQ/videos

I still hope that it's just a really good fake made by someone who hasn't anything better to do in his life. Though, I admit that Bowser Jr is looking good, and he is not using the paintbrush that's a plus for me, since I want another character who uses a paintbrush as weapon.
Shulk looks like another Marth clone with little differences, that's the main reason why I didn't want him.
Also, if the leak is true, whe're going to have Dr Mario and Dark Pit, who are 2 characters who could have been perfectly represented by alt. costumes... we got them, and those 2 places could have been taken by other more unique characters, this makes me very sad.

Still, there are some strange things.
The timer in the top right corner is different from the one shown at E3, and the one shown at E3 looked better. The videos are very blurry, and any average smartphone could have made a better video (but maybe they used one of those keychain-like microcamera, who knows); usually doing blurry pic is the best way to make a fake that looks real, because you can't see details and it looks like stealth recorded.

The physics of the game, and everything else looks good and real, I don't really know.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well this leak has room for 5 more newcomers, Dixie and Impa are believed with some faith to be 2 of the remaning 5 on the stock roster. Nothing proven on that front though.
With Dixie and Impa in, I'll be content with the roster. Sure, I didn't get big popular picks as Mewtwo, Isaac and King K.Rool, but this settles it for me. Dixie and Impa are cool as ****, and Mewtwo will get a massive demand for being a DLC character so it'll all be good.

Sakurai is a big ****ing troll though. From all the "Forbidden Seven" characters, Mewtwo and Roy where the most popular and he chose to bring back Dr.Mario instead of them. :rolleyes:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026

I thought the leak said the roster wasn't completely unlocked.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

I'm sure a lot of fans will be sweating bullets. Mewtwo was never a given, no matter how popular. His status is still yet unknown, so no comment there. Supposedly what we saw wasn't the full roster. I'm hoping for at least Dixie.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Still got my fingers crossed for them missing some characters. I'm not losing hope for Ridley yet dammit.
I will concede that Bowser Jr's won me over however. Let's see if the dog, the literal clone and the doctor can do that too.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
With Dixie and Impa in, I'll be content with the roster. Sure, I didn't get big popular picks as Mewtwo, Isaac and King K.Rool, but this settles it for me. Dixie and Impa are cool as ****, and Mewtwo will get a massive demand for being a DLC character so it'll all be good.

Sakurai is a big ****ing troll though. From all the "Forbidden Seven" characters, Mewtwo and Roy where the most popular and he chose to bring back Dr.Mario instead of them. :rolleyes:
No guarantees they are in, but Mewtwo is rumored with them. The leak might be it or we might get 3-4 depending on rumors. From what the leakers are saying I am expecting a few more, though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie and Impa being in is awesome as **** though.

However, I will say that I'll miss Wolf and Lucas if they are gone. I really enjoyed their inclusion in Brawl.

****ing Ganondorf being his Brawl self again really sucks to though. His recovery also is still extremely ****ty. Hype for him went down significantly!

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Since the leak is most likely legit, there are 5 spots left in the roster.
Let's us assume that Mii Fighters are one slot so what characters should take the slots:
1. Ridley
2. Mewtwo
3. Dixie Kong/Impa
4. Wolf

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The remaining 4 are rumored to be Dixie, Impa, Mewtwo, and MAYBE Ridley or Mach Rider. Those choices could really round out the roster. Personally, I would only be disappointed in the lack of Isaac and the cuts, as well as the lack of DK rep or Ridley if they are not in.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Still got my fingers crossed for them missing some characters. I'm not losing hope for Ridley yet dammit.
I will concede that Bowser Jr's won me over however. Let's see if the dog, the literal clone and the doctor can do that too.
I can't see this being the final roster. There's just no way. That was always the only thing about this leak I thought was bogus.
As for Bowser Jr, oh, yeah, he's awesome.

The fact his Up special actually self-destructs his Klown Car and sends him rocketing upwards is amazing.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
The remaining 4 are rumored to be Dixie, Impa, Mewtwo, and MAYBE Ridley or Mach Rider. Those choices could really round out the roster. Personally, I would only be disappointed in the lack of Isaac and the cuts, as well as the lack of DK rep or Ridley if they are not in.
I don't think we will get Mach Rider (i mean... if we have Duck Hunt, we won't need another retro character), also i hope we get some veterans too (like Wolf or Lucas)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't think we will get Mach Rider (i mean... if we have Duck Hunt, we won't need another retro character), also i hope we get some veterans too (like Wolf or Lucas)
I really hope that we can get Lucas and Wolf at the very least as DLC if they are indeed cut. Seems like they should be easy enough to implement.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Here we are, at the end of speculation. the lovers, the haters, the DLC hopers, and the denial. Now all that's left is to wait for the reveal trailers.
This fits the mood here perfectly.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I can't see this being the final roster. There's just no way. That was always the only thing about this leak I thought was bogus.
Well... sadly that's the same reaction most people had with Brawl roster :drsad: lets hope these time we are right

There's no way to counter this footage, just no possible way man.
I'm sooooo glad were getting Dark Pit. :DDDDD
Congratx on getting one of your wanted characters :dr^_^: (well we still have to wait until he's actually confirmed it would be pretty sad if in the end, it ends up being fake)

Note: Yeah i know that the videos are a really big thing but.... the videos only confirm Shulk, Bowser Jr. and Falcondorf :dr-_-:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
If this leak turns out to be true (which it most likely is) I'm going to be really butthurt.

/rantmode on
  • 7 Mario characters is absolutely stupid.
  • Bringing Dr. Mario back from Melee instead of Mewtwo is ridiculous.
  • 3 Kid Icarus characters when Metroid, Star Fox, and especially Donkey Kong only have 2 is asinine.
  • Shulk looks way too much like Marth. Shulk can be original, we don't need him to be the third Marth clone!
  • Cutting Lucas (I know it was most likely going to happen, but still)
  • Only 1/5 of the characters I truly wanted got in, the 1 being :jigglypuffmelee:
  • Dark Pit better be original or I will punch a tree
On the bright side though,
  • This (hopefully) isn't the final roster.
  • Duck Hunt Dog will be my main.
  • I'm kind of warming up to Bowser Jr.
I feel like this gif shows how this thread is feeling.
People who hate the leak = M2K
People who love the leak = HBox

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Now that i think about it....

@BluePikmin11 you're kind of lucky... you got 5 character that you wanted in these game - Well only if the leak is actually real, but we have 2 of those 5 characters confirmed and the others have a big chance- (Bowser Jr., Pitto, Shulk, Duck Hunt and Chorus Men) and you got 2 of you other characters in the game in another form (one as a AT and the other one part of a stage -Nintendogs-

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Leaker's name on Youtube and especially Reddit makes me think if there's any other character we still don't know about, it's a Rhythm Heaven one.

Doubt it though.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
The funniest thing about this whole ordeal is that the one picture that looked like an absolute fake turned out to be the most legit :p

Last edited:

Niala

Smash Ace
Look, I'm not in any way trying to change your opinion of any character in Smash. There are characters whose move sets I don't care for either. What I'm sick of is people bashing other characters because they don't like them. I have never, and will never, detract and insult a character because I don't see them fit to be playable. I love Smash, and I personally believe that every character in the game has earned their slot, whether I care for their move set or not. What bothers me is that everybody on this forum are supposed to be the biggest Smash fans, but some of us don't act like it. We're all here to love, talk, and speculate about this game that we all find very enjoyable. I come here to do just that. What I absolutely hate is seeing other people bashing characters that are playable, and most certainly fan favorites to some people. That's just wrong to me, and I see it done quite a bit. If you want to talk about a character you don't like, you should respectfully do it in the Unpopular Opinions Thread or a related thread. This is the thread where we're supposed to talk about possible character inclusions, not vent our hate towards already confirmed characters. Whether you like it or not, your opinions on Toon Link aren't going to change anything that's already been done. So why not respect the decisions made by the developers; at the same time not ruining my experience, or the experience of other Toon Link fans, visiting this website to talk about one of our favorite games in the world? That's all I ask.
You talk about why people are here as though we all came for the same reasons as you. You talk about the thread being unfitting, but discussing my viewpoint on the merits of a character in a thread titled "Official Character Discussion Thread" seems proper to me. What I'm hearing is "Please don't be yourself because it interferes with my ability to enjoy Smashboards." I make snide/sarcastic remarks because I think they're humorous, not to actually bash on a character. I have indeed accepted his inclusion, I even play as him quite frequently because, well, he's a fun character. But that doesn't mean I can't disagree with his initial inclusion, and voice that opinion when it's directly being discussed.

Please understand, my commentary is in no way intended as malicious towards you or the character you like, but just as discussing the inherent difficulty I have had with accepting his inclusion, (perhaps with a vein of humour thrown in.) I think part of what makes this website interesting is that we can all come from different backgrounds and enjoy Smash as we do, and yet still disagree and have different opinions. Why should I not be able to voice those? Isn't part of the fun seeing why others think the way they do? Wouldn't it be really boring if we all agreed on everything?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
If this leak turns out to be true (which it most likely is) I'm going to be really butthurt.

/rantmode on
  • 3 Kid Icarus characters when Metroid, Star Fox, and especially Donkey Kong only have 2 is asinine.
  • Shulk looks way too much like Marth. Shulk can be original, we don't need him to be the third Marth clone!
  • Only 1/5 of the characters I truly wanted got in, the 1 being :jigglypuffmelee:
I feel like this gif shows how this thread is feeling.
People who hate the leak = M2K
People who love the leak = HBox
Obviously you're allowed your opinion, but I'll show you how other people, including myself feel:

7 Mario- Granted, does a feel a bit overkill compared to the other series, but hey its Mr. Nintendo, he can have all the characters
Doc- Clones are clones are clones, they don't replace someone, they get tacked on at the end in a hurry for little dev time
3 KI- One is a clone, and DK/Troid potetneially both have characters in the unrevealed 5 who are likely not clones making them better than KI
Shulk- Looks mad Cloney to me, but I don't care about shulk so not much to offer here
Characters you want- togh break, I feel for you man, I wanted Issac real bad
DP- Cloned, sorry friend.

Maxilian

Smash Ace

/rantmode on
It bothered me at first but i'm ok with it... why? well... because is Mario :D

I agree, i would prefer to get Roy instead of Dr. Mario, why? cause.... Dr. Mario is still MARIO!, Roy could end up being a clone but at least, he's not Marth

I kind of agree, it doesn't bother me if Star Fox doesn't get any new character but leave Wolf in the roster, also.... i would be ok if at least Metroid or DK gets a new character

Well the only attack that looks like Marth is the UP B

Same here :drsad: (He was one of my main characters in Brawl)

I know how you feel :drifloon:

Yeah... If he end up being a clone.... well... we will have waaaaaayyy too many clones (3 new clones gezzz.... that's sad :drfacepalm:)

Hopefully

I don't really like Duck Hunt Dog but... there are way too many people that want him so i'm ok with him

I really like these Bowser Jr. :dr^_^:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom