• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
With the characters that we know that I see being unlockable, here are my ideas beyond play # of matches.
:4falcon:: Complete Classic Mode in under 15 minutes! (based on the time increase from 64 to Brawl's changes)
:4lucario:: Beat "X" Score in Home Run Contest with one character.
:4lucina:: Complete Classic Mode with Marth with no continues! (Roy's Melee unlock)
:4luigi:: Complete Classic Mode with Mario with no continues!
:4marth:: Complete Classic Mode on Hard or higher.
:4metaknight:: Play 15 VS Matches on Battleship Halberd (new Kirby stage in 3DS?, Snake's basic unlock in Brawl).
:4mii:: Complete classic with all other characters, (Mr. G&W had this in Melee, they are the known character that fit this best based on their unlocks in the Mario Kart games).
:4palutena:: Win a round of Smash Run! (Not sure for the WiiU version).
:4pacman:: Beat "XY" Score in Target Blast! accumulated between all characters.
:4robinm::4robinf:: Complete Classic Mode with all starting characters. (Know thy enemy!)
:rosalina:: ...I have no idea, but I feel she's going to be unlockable. Something tied to Luigi?
:4sonic:: Complete Classic mode with 35 characters.
:4tlink:: Complete "Z" event in Event Mode! (Assuming this mode returns, I would love to see one based on "7 Years" in Melee, Link vs Toon Link)

For unlockable veterans likely to return...
:falco:: Complete 100 Multi-Man Smash
:ganondorf:: Complete Classic Mode as Link/Zelda/Sheik on Normal or higher.
:jigglypuff:: Complete Classic. Any character, any stock, any difficulty. (64 unlock)
:ness2:: Complete Classic Mode on Normal or Higher with no continues (3 stock maximum, 64 unlock).
:gw:: Play 25 VS Matches on Gameboy stage (Reminiscent of Flatzone, Number refers to Melee roster, no clue for WiiU)
:rob:: Collect # of Trophies
:wolf:: Complete "S" event in Event Mode! (Like Tink, but based on the Brawl event)

PS. Edit: I know most are tied to Classic Mode, but that is a staple of Smash for being tied to unlocks.
Captain Falcon was never that hard to unlock, but I certainly hope he just gets promoted to starter again. It's not really fun to me to have to unlock him, it's just annoying... Marth too.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
@ GunGunW GunGunW
I agree. SSB = beat classic in less than 20 minutes. . . .20? seriously? I could make a run to Taco Bell & back & still unlock him.
SSBB = Beat classic on normal difficulty or greater in less than 12 minutes. Definitely better but I want a real challenge, like 9 minutes or something. I play F-Zero racing against Staff Ghosts & come play Brawl & I feel like I'm 10 laps ahead of Falcon in Smash Bros..

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I can't agree with you that they aren't unique, so I think we have reached an impass on opinion.

No I don't think I was that guy. I'm sorry for the little nitpick. It just tends to show how bias against someone is in an argument.

Unfortunately, whether they prove similar to other is very subjective. The move could look similar, but serve a different purpose or have different attributes, kinda like how a clone works. Huh. Sakurai doesn't really care if moves are similar to each other or not, however. A character being unique does not entail that they have to have completely unique specials moves that are completely separate from every other special move in the game. That would be insane to come up with.

Uprising inspired Palutena's moveset just as Samus being floaty is inspired by her games as well as Charizard's Fire Blast is canon to its games. Her mechanic is based on the Powers of Uprising. I have already stated that they appear like cloned moves because the game they originate from is made by Sakurai. Even if you feel it is dumb mechanic, there is a reason that it is in the game. I personally like the concept of the Powers, and you don't have to necessarily agree with me on that. Just don't assume that the powers are simply clones of other moves. That isn't how they are designed and it comes back to my point of not having every single special move being forced to be unique.

My point was that the moves may be similar to other characters, but they may perform a different fucntion or introduce a different way of using them. Just Fox's lasers have a different function than Falco's lasers despite being pretty much the same. I don't see you worked up over that.

My big problem with your argument is that you are upset because Sakurai is putting more content into a character and you feel it is her only niche. You make Palutena your most hated newcomer simply because Sakurai put in the extra effort to put something in the game, which unfortunately, is too similar to other *****in moves that are used by other characters to be worth having apparently. Why does this community complain about new content that they don't find useful? Does it really take away anything from the game? Why do people get worked up over Lucina? Making her a clone actually LESSENS the development time needed for her and people go up and wish her gone out of spite. Seriously? You want to take something that promotes diversity away simply because you find it lazy? Can you guys ever have enough? I'm worked up over your first post because it represents a lot of why I don't like Smashboards as a whole. You guys can never be satisfied.

I'm sorry for calling you out. Just have to rant.
1.Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree on that one

2. Nah it's cool, sorry if I sounded disrespectful, I thought you were the guy who was an ass to me earlier, my B

3. I get that the powers are from her game, I would just prefer if they had been able to pick 4, or even like 6 or 7, Charizard can learn like 30 moves (probably more), Link has a crapload of weapons in his source game, Mario has ice flowers and a flying cap, Ganon has his light blast and swords, DK has coconut guns and his power roll (is that in smash 4 yet or not, because it should be), and the list goes on. My point is that most of the characters on the roster have an insanely deep movepool they could have gotten moves from, PAlly seems to be the only one they couldn't settle on 4 for, so they gave her more.

4. The difference, for me, between Pally getting cloned specials and actual clones like Falco or Toon Link, is that they latter are presented as clones, but are standalone characters. Pally is one character, who no matter what I do, I can only use 4 specials. If they made Medusa and Hades clones, and divvied up the specials among the three of them I would have no problem with what they did (well besides giving KI 4 reps :p)

5. Well she's not my most hated newcomer, she's 3rd from the bottom right now, because I'm as objectively neutral towards KI as possible (hell, I'd rather see Dark Pit over some of the more popular character suggested here). Lucina being a clone is similar to what I said above, she's a stand alone character, who's animations were literally already in existence, they were just ported over to a slightly modded skeleton. All of Pally's were done, theoretically, from scratch with blatant copying of other moves in principle. I dont find cramming a bunch of moves into one character diverse, I find it redundant and a waste of time they could have used making her different.

Now I must address one final point I think you may have misunderstood from the start. One of the reasons I hate what they did to Pally is that I feel she deserved more than what she got. She's an important character to her series, and clearly well liked by those that care about her, but instead o f being made unique like all the other newcomers, which this time around are as unique as sakurai has gone, she's just sort of there as the girl with a bunch of moves. From a smash perspective, I'd have liked that she got the same treatment as the others, and since she clearly has a lot to work with, focus on what she does bring to the table, and leave out this amalgam nonsense. Her unqiue moves are actually dope, heavenly light is crazy different than anything we have and I love that, then I saw her big bag of cloney tricks and I was like "well those aren't nearly as awesome or unique as this other stuff she does" and because they spent so much time on those, her moveset comes across as a lot more shallow looking. And that time could have been spent making one other clone's entire moveset, the specials of Issac another unique character. My point is she still could have been an awesome unique character, and they could have added other unique awesome characters, but instead they chose to spend time taking an already awesome character and trying to make her even more awesome without really adding any substance. It's like taking a shiny new car, and immediately washing it, it didn't need the extra coat of wax, it was already new and shiny as it was.

Last edited:

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
5 newcomers ? I expect only 2 newcomers, and 3 at best...

Don't forget Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors :
• Everyone was expecting 36 characters for MK8, but we only get 30 (I remember the "there is no way that Bowser Jr. and Diddy Kong are not here, bla bla")
• And for Hyrule Warrior, we (myself included) were waiting for at least 20 characters but only get 13, Aonuma even said that all the characters we were imagining would be in, and see the result.

I don't want to be a dream breaker, but lower your expectations if you don't want to be disappointed...

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ M23-X0 M23-X0
Only 2?. .
:falco::ganondorf::popo::ivysaur::jigglypuff::lucas::gw::ness2::rob::snake::squirtle::wario::wolf: these are all left to be confirmed, & thinking clearly about the remaining veterans, I can rule out 'till I have 9 veterans out of the 13 Brawl veterans that would add to the current 40 playable characters we have now. Not even hitting 50 playable characters in a series cross-over fighting game that has 25 different series including Nintendo themselves, we can easily break 50 characters with the 4th installment of Super Smash Brothers ; expecting only 2 more newcomers sounds like a lack of confidence to the possibility. The most that would get Sm4sh by smoothing, while having a solid roster already to continue it's dominant presence of characters, could use at most 4 more characters.

This is not just a single franchise like Mario or LoZ in their own spin-off games, this is a huge cross-over fighting game noting 20+ series. The possibilities can go skyhigh

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some thoughts on the character unlock methods.

[collapse=Confirmed Characters]:4luigi:: Clear Classic Mode.
:rosalina:: Clear Classic Mode as Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, "and" Wario.
:4tlink:: Clear Classic Mode as Link, Zelda, Sheik, or Ganondorf.
:4lucario:: Achieve a grand total of 50,000 ft. in Home-Run Contest.
:4greninja:: Clear Classic Mode as 15 different characters.
:4marth:: Clear Classic Mode as Ike, Lucina, or Robin.
:4lucina:: Score 50 KOs with one character in Endless Smash.
:4robinm:: Clear Classic Mode as 20 different characters.
:4palutena:: Clear Classic Mode as all the starting characters.
:4sonic:: Clear Classic Mode as 10 different characters.
:4megaman:: Play 10 matches at Wily Castle.
:4littlemac:: Clear Classic Mode as 5 different characters.
:4pacman:: Achieve a grand total of 300 KOs in Endless Smash.[/collapse]

[collapse=Unconfirmed Veterans]:ganondorf:: Clear Classic Mode as Link, Zelda, Sheik, or Toon Link, under the Normal skill level or harder.
:falco:: Clear 100-Man Smash.
:wolf:: Clear Classic Mode as 30 different characters.
:jigglypuff:: Collect 50 trophies.
:mewtwopm:: Clear Classic Mode as 35 different characters.
:gw:: Clear Classic Mode as 25 different characters.
:rob:: Collect 250 trophies.[/collapse]

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
@ M23-X0 M23-X0
Only 2?. .
:falco::ganondorf::popo::ivysaur::jigglypuff::lucas::gw::ness2::rob::snake::squirtle::wario::wolf: these are all left to be confirmed, & thinking clearly about the remaining veterans, I can rule out 'till I have 9 veterans out of the 13 Brawl veterans that would add to the current 40 playable characters we have now. Not even hitting 50 playable characters in a series cross-over fighting game that has 25 different series including Nintendo themselves, we can easily break 50 characters with the 4th installment of Super Smash Brothers ; expecting only 2 more newcomers sounds like a lack of confidence to the possibility. The most that would get Sm4sh by smoothing, while having a solid roster already to continue it's dominant presence of characters, could use at most 4 more characters.

This is not just a single franchise like Mario or LoZ in their own spin-off games, this is a huge cross-over fighting game noting 20+ series. The possibilities can go skyhigh
you didnt have mewtwo

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ skylanders fan skylanders fan
My bad, meant to type "thinking clearly about the remaining Brawl veterans"
Brawl veterans only, not accounting for Melee plus Mewtwo's unused data in Brawl due to SSE glitching

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Here's the way I see it.
I think we'll get Mewtwo back; therefore, I believe that Mario will get an additional representative, and Zelda will get an additional representative. I would also be pretty shocked if Donkey Kong didn't get a new character. I believe we'll get 1 to 3 more characters officially announced before the game releases in Japan. Since Brawl had 4 secret newcomers, I'm expecting about 3 to 5 for this game. No matter how I look at it, I'm expecting at least 5 more newcomers from here on out.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@Lucas the boy wonder & @ GunGunW GunGunW
I'd give this list 100/10 if had it not been for the de-confirmed Waluigi & Gardevoir Pokeball summon / AT.:urg:
95/10 Thanks for Posting!:troll:

Edit: someone post so I don't double post or redit this post that much.:urg:

Last edited:

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
@ M23-X0 M23-X0
Only 2?. .

We are already at 39 characters. If 10 veterans came back, it would mean 49 characters. 3 newcomers at most, and we have a solid roster of 52 characters.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see 5 newcomers, but don't history repeat itself. We already have 13 newcomers (counting the Mii, bacause they took as much development time as the other characters). With 3 newcomer, we will have 16 newcomers, a solid number between Melee's 14 newcomers and Brawl's 18 newcomers. But the difference now, is that they gave each newcomers 12 moves (customized moves), they are developping two versions at the same time, and adding other adventure modes.

And one final advice, if you have high expectation, you can only be disappointed with the outcome (remember the roster of Brawl). On the contrary, with low expectation, you can only be surprised...

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
We are already at 39 characters. If 10 veterans came back, it would mean 49 characters. 3 newcomers at most, and we have a solid roster of 52 characters.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see 5 newcomers, but don't history repeat itself. We already have 13 newcomers (counting the Mii, bacause they took as much development time as the other characters). With 3 newcomer, we will have 16 newcomers, a solid number between Melee's 14 newcomers and Brawl's 18 newcomers. But the difference now, is that they gave each newcomers 12 moves (customized moves), they are developping two versions at the same time, and adding other adventure modes.
n
And one final advice, if you have high expectation, you can only be disappointed with the outcome (remember the roster of Brawl). On the contrary, with low expectation, you can only be surprised...
Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, Falco/Wolf/Lucas (im hoping for falco) ,and icies/ROB will get cut.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ M23-X0 M23-X0
I'll take your decent advice. I don't want you wrong either, so I wanna fix it up for you & say there isn't 39 but 40 currently in the roster as it stands. There's 4 likely characters cut so that can be expected, making it 10 having 50. If 52 is solid with all of the extra effort & work they've so far put into the game, 2 more extra characters isn't a stretch, regarding Mii FIghters & Palutena.

My advice for both of us is "People are not their thoughts". Having confidence with all the development teams working on the game brings me faith in 4 at the maximum newcomers. Past Smash Brothers didn't have Sora ltd. & Banmco doing a joint-production together along with other big names helping out with production balancing the game to increase the competitive balance as well. Sakurai in the past has only left it up to himself to balance Super Smash Brothers, but he's got so much helping hands from all of this staff.
@ FalcoPaunch!121 FalcoPaunch!121 That's quite a bold statement for 5 to get cut. You may be right, but that would make sense.
@ TylerBlackRunIt TylerBlackRunIt
I dig your wishlist, it's hefty but wishlists are always welcome with a decent-outlook.
My rating: :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: out of 10 HYESZ! for hitting the 18 brand newcomer count. Thanks for Posting!. . .twice! Ask a mod to fix that.:p

Last edited:

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, Falco/Wolf/Lucas (im hoping for falco) ,and icies/ROB will get cut.
Ice Climbers won't be cut for sure. I also don't believe ROB and Lucas will be. I would love for Snake to return, but I don't think he will. As for Wolf/Falco, while I think none are getting cut, I do see it as a possibility (specially Wolf). I would really rather have no one cut

Deathcarter

Smash Lord

Wait, do the Miis count as 3 characters? I've always considered them one.....

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Rating: you have Ridley. -1. you have 18 newcomers. +9. you dont have DLC or dark pit.-2.

:bubblebobble::bubblebobble::bubblebobble::bubblebobble::bubblebobble::bubblebobble::bubblebobble: Baby Green Barneys out of 10!
wait. . we start out at -1, then + 9 is 8, -2 is 6. But then you give 7 barney's O_o What is this I don-t- -
@ Deathcarter Deathcarter Mii FIghters consists of 3 classes, identifying them as 3 different playable 'classes'. Replace classes with characters & you're good to go.;)

Burruni

Smash Hero
So it has been over four hours since the last post. We should get this thread up and running again.

About how many newcomers do you guys think we have left? I'm thinking 5 to 7. That of course counting secret newcomers.
I see 4 newcomers, and at least 1 reveal via the August Direct since it will likely have a newcomer Trailer played at the end even if it is a general Nintendo direct. MAYBE, we will have one revealed the day before the game releases on 3DS in Japan.

I think that 15 (technically 17) newcomers in total is a bit generous considering the amount of work rebalancing some of the veterans have received. This, combined with the veterans I see returning we don't know, would bring the roster to 53 characters in 51 slots. I think this is a perfectly fine roster size for the game with or without the premise of DLC.

Edit:
Wait, do the Miis count as 3 characters? I've always considered them one.....
As they have full movesets , they can be considered multiple characters sharing one slot Sheik, Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur were all characters by this same merit, but were tied to others via Down Specials. I don't think someone would really say that ZSS is the same character because she was combined to Samus via her Final Smash. Honestly, Project M did the best work to help differentiate this.
So thus, the Melee roster was 26 characters in 25 slots due to Sheik, and Brawl had 39 in 35 due to the three Pokemon in one slot and ZSS. By these merits, the Mii Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner are all separate characters grouped in a slot under the title Mii Fighters.

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I see 4 newcomers, and at least 1 reveal via the August Direct since it will likely have a newcomer Trailer played at the end even if it is a general Nintendo direct. MAYBE, we will have one revealed the day before the game releases on 3DS in Japan.

I think that 15 (technically 17) newcomers in total is a bit generous considering the amount of work rebalancing some of the veterans have received. This, combined with the veterans I see returning we don't know, would bring the roster to 53 characters in 51 slots. I think this is a perfectly fine roster size for the game with or without the premise of DLC.
the 4 newcomers being shulk ridley king k rool and duck hunt dog

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
wait. . we start out at -1, then + 9 is 8, -2 is 6. But then you give 7 barney's O_o What is this I don-t- -
@ Deathcarter Deathcarter Mii FIghters consists of 3 classes, identifying them as 3 different playable 'classes'. Replace classes with characters & you're good to go.;)
Me good with Math.:p

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Well, Mewtwo isn't technically a newcomer. I'd consider him a veteran.
I'm surprised no Mewtwo.:surprised:
If Mewtwo was absent from class for 6 years, tried taking Brawl classes & failed the schoolyear dropping out of brawl, that's 10+ years of make-up work. Absent veteran = Newcomer in a new transfer school :shades:
The metaphor was kind of derp & slurp. Forgive it

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
the 4 newcomers being shulk ridley king k rool and duck hunt dog
That's an odd way of spelling "Shulk, Marshal (or another Rhythm Heaven character), Bandana Dee, and either Sceptile or King K. Rool."
Show me an actual moveset for DHD before you throw him in because we "need" a retro rep that isn't Mr. Namco, Pac-man Himself.
And Ridley is a stage boss (which is the best role for him imo) until someone can give me a proper explanation for why he is in the air for 10 full seconds in the direct and Sakurai confirms him as playable. The only things going for him is Sakurai not specifically stating that "no he isn't playable, this footage clearly proves otherwise" and he has a sizable pool of very vocal fans. This is coming from a Metroid fan who believes Prime was a dark spot for the franchise.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
We haven't seen a single heavyweight or villain newcomer yet. Doesn't anybody else find this suspicious?

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
That's an odd way of spelling "Shulk, Marshal (or another Rhythm Heaven character), Bandana Dee, and either Sceptile or King K. Rool."
Show me an actual moveset for DHD before you throw him in because we "need" a retro rep that isn't Mr. Namco, Pac-man Himself.
And Ridley is a stage boss (which is the best role for him imo) until someone can give me a proper explanation for why he is in the air for 10 full seconds in the direct and Sakurai confirms him as playable. The only things going for him is Sakurai not specifically stating that no he isn't playable, this footage clearly proves otherwise and he has a sizable pool of very vocal fans. This is coming from a Metroid fan who believes Prime was a dark spot for the franchise.
there is no reason for 4 kirby reps and bd sounds boring to me marshal give me a intersting moveset for him sounds like a game and watch clone we already have 6 pokemon reps no need for skeptial

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ toadster101 toadster101 Indeed. As an exception for just heavyweights on their own not including the newcomer criteria. These characters would like a word with you.
:4bowser::4charizard::4dedede::4dedede::4dk:

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
We haven't seen a single heavyweight
We don't know the weight of any of the newcomers, and telling a character's weight can be really difficult. Yoshi and Wario are heavyweights, but they don't feel like they are. Hell, they're heavier than Ike lol.

I'm willing to bet Mega Man is one. If Snake is a heavyweight in Smash because MGS has heavy controls, then Mega Man probably is too.

Unless you mean really big and heavy like Bowser and DK, but idk.

EDIT: Also, Fire Emblem Awakening spoilers
Robin is technically a villain

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
In regards to DHD, I don't think Sakurai or Japan in general cares for the concept of Duck Hunt and the game itself has been disregarded by Sakurai. The game only got homage with the Ducks trophy in Melee and a very short segment of a track from the Famicon medley. It's a decent idea, but is probably not on Sakurai's radar. I think Lip or the Excite Bike have better chances as a retro character, considering Lip has both an item and a song in Brawl and Excite Biker is an assist trophy already. Excite Biker also was considered in Melee, but was scrapped for ICs iirc.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ skylanders fan skylanders fan
Because we love Dedede that much. And sakurai bias

But in all seriousness @ Spinosaurus Spinosaurus has a good point with weight being determined this early, is difficult. Yoshi Super armor as a bonus icing on the cake to make you think he's more heavy. Wario is very mobile horizontally in the air for being a heavyweight, that's why I like Smash Brothers to that extent. DK Bowser & Dedede are most likely 90% they'll be Very Heavy weight.

I can somewhat put my money on some kind of weight buff to Ike.

Last edited:

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
Here is my typed out roster:

DLCDLCDLCDLCDLC Mii Mii Mii Random DLCDLCDLCDLCDLC

Mario Paper Mario Luigi Peach Rosalina Bowser Yoshi Wario Samus ZSS

Link Toon Link Zelda Sheik Toon Zelda Ganondorf Donkey K. Diddy Kong K. Rool Ness

Pikachu Jiggles Charizard Lucario Greninja Mewtwo Pit Palutena Dark Pit Olimar

Kirby King DDD Meta Knight Fox Krystal Wolf Marth Ike Lucina Robin

Villager Little Mac Captain F. B. Shadow ROB WFT G&W Sonic MegaMan Pac-Man

DLC: Pichu, Roy, Dr Mario, Young Link, Falco
DLC: Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ice Climber, Lucas
DLC:Captain Rainbow, Isaac, Matthew, Yarn Yoshi, Lloyd Irving
DLC:Bowser Jr., Ghirihim, Sceptile, Monita, Bandana Dee

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Here is my typed out roster:

DLCDLCDLCDLCDLC Mii Mii Mii Random DLCDLCDLCDLCDLC

Mario Paper Mario Luigi Peach Rosalina Bowser Yoshi Wario Samus ZSS

Link Toon Link Zelda Sheik Toon Zelda Ganondorf Donkey K. Diddy Kong K. Rool Ness

Pikachu Jiggles Charizard Lucario Greninja Mewtwo Pit Palutena Dark Pit Olimar

Kirby King DDD Meta Knight Fox Krystal Wolf Marth Ike Lucina Robin

Villager Little Mac Captain F. B. Shadow ROB WFT G&W Sonic MegaMan Pac-Man

DLC: Pichu, Roy, Dr Mario, Young Link, Falco
DLC: Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ice Climber, Lucas
DLC:Captain Rainbow, Isaac, Matthew, Yarn Yoshi, Lloyd Irving
DLC:Bowser Jr., Ghirihim, Sceptile, Monita, Bandana Dee
why is falco dlc

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
We haven't seen a single heavyweight or villain newcomer yet. Doesn't anybody else find this suspicious?
If Mario Kart has told us anything, Rosalina IS a heavy weight. And...
Robin can be considered a villain, he's the incarnation of Grima

there is no reason for 4 kirby reps and bd sounds boring to me marshal give me a intersting moveset for him sounds like a game and watch clone we already have 6 pokemon reps no need for skeptial
Maybe the reason is that Kirby is one of the best selling Nintendo franchises ever, has been presented as against one of the two big faces for 64 vs Mario in the intro, and then one of big four in the Melee intro and Brawl reveal. The series was made by Sakurai who implemented MANY aspects of Super Star into the Smash universe and planned newcomers for his games since 64 but was unable to due to time constraints util Brawl.
Bandana Dee sounds boring because... he's an upgraded mook that has recently become a key and recurring character in a franchise with a weapon that nobody has used yet in Smash? To me having another lizard that roars, grabs people, and shoots fire seems moot when we have :4bowser::4yoshi::4charizard:could be boring. (And yes, Yoshi does shoot fire in his Final Smash)
PM me and I will give you a Marshal moveset. It has Mr. G&W's theme but the moves are at least fairly-unique to one of a kind in the current roster. A "clone" means that most of their moves are similar (edit: or identical) in particles, visuals, and effects. That's not the case with Marshal.
Sceptile* and while Jiggly is of little to no threat of not returning, Mewtwo has as much merit as Roy to return. We can place a very safe bet for Jiggly making 5, I'd say a 95% chance, but by no means are we assured 6 Pokemon in the roster yet.
But thank you for not disproving a lack of moveset for DHD or giving any proper evidence for Ridley being playable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom