• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
lucario and mewtwo have nothing in common besides both being pokemon however roy for lucina is possiblity
Well, I'm not too sure Roy was considered for this game. I mean, I doubt Sakurai would say anything directly about Roy, but he did say that Robin was the prime FE newcomer, and then Lucina was added after she was a costume for Marth.

Or do you mean Roy replacing Lucina in Smash 5?

Last edited:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Would you Rather...

Have the whole final roster revealed today

or

Have the E3 3DS demo downloadable.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I just noticed that none of the currently confirmed original 12 fighters have been revealed via the pick of the day always in a direct or newcomer vid (Mario, Pikachu, Fox, DK, Kirby, Samus, and Link in the initial reveal video, Luigi and Yoshi in directs, and CFalcon in the recent newcomer vid)

Guess Ness and Jigglypuff will be revealed in either a direct or newcomer video as well

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I just noticed that none of the currently confirmed original 12 fighters have been revealed via the pick of the day always in a direct or newcomer vid (Mario, Pikachu, Fox, DK, Kirby, Samus, and Link in the initial reveal video, Luigi and Yoshi in directs, and CFalcon in the recent newcomer vid)

Guess Ness and Jigglypuff will be revealed in either a direct or newcomer video as well
Or they are both kept secret pre-release.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Jigglypuff should be revealed in Ridley's trailer. She's the only one who can compete with his air game, and at the end of the trailer, she should use her Final Smash to become bigger than him LOL.
Ridley is a Space Dragon.

Jigglypuff is a Fairy-type.

Fairy-types are super effective against dragon-types

Mind = blown

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Fe got and they are less deserving than star fox.
....Because FE has 13 games, 2 being remakes and Star Fox has 6, one being a remake and one completely playing differently than the rest of the series? Because FE's most beloved original title came out on the 3DS and Star Fox's was on the N64?
Edit: Or because FE ws meant to have 3 until a last minute clone was added?

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
....Because FE has 13 games, 2 being remakes and Star Fox has 6, one being a remake and one completely playing differently than the rest of the series? Because FE's most beloved original title came out on the 3DS and Star Fox's was on the N64?
Ok, so how many of those 13 FE games are well-known worldwide? Two? Three? Four?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Edit: Or because FE ws meant to have 3 until a last minute clone was added?
Actually, one was a completely different game rebranded as Starfox for no real reason.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
If six games is enough to warrant 3 or four reps, then three games should defiantly warrant one. (I'm looking at you, Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven)

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ok, so how many of those 13 FE games are well-known worldwide? Two? Three? Four?
The two western released GBA games, Ike's two games and Awakening. So 5. The last of which is one of the best selling and most critically acclaimed titles, for the system, next to things like Uprising and X/Y. The series has only grown more popular over time in the west while Star Fox has dipped since Adventures, Assault, and Command.

Last edited:

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
The two western released GBA games, Ike's two games and Awakening. So 5. The last of which is one of the best selling and most critically acclaimed titles, for the system, next to things like Uprising and X/Y. The series has only grown more popular over time in the west while Star Fox has dipped since Adventures, Assault, and Command.
There is also the two remakes on DS.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
This is my opinion on reps and stuff like that.

In the end, I'm sure Sakurai doesn't care that much about reps anyways and that he is focused more on which character he felt personally warranted being playable, which is why I believe we got three Star Fox characters, regardless of how many people felt it was "over-repped" in Brawl compared to other franchises. He had a similar attitude to Lucina and Robin, I feel.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Star Fox, even at its lowest point, was always more popular than Fire Emblem. I implore you to post the figures.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
A dip in quality isn't exactly a dip in popularity.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I was just about to say I don't have any star fox games (so I wouldn't have much of an opinion) but then I remembered I had Assault AND Adventures. why I couldn't remember that I had those is beyond me.

I like Falco the most. So sassy. Good thing he's probably going to be back for sure.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Has StarFox been as critically acclaimed as some of Fire Emblem's best-selling titles?
Star Fox's only really popular game is Star Fox 64, most of what came after has been slandered. Fire Emblem as a franchise, even if it doesn't match the amount of sales, has definitely had a lot more praise from critics and reviewers, it's just a much more niché genre thus the sales suffer from that.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Star Fox, even at its lowest point, was always more popular than Fire Emblem. I implore you to post the figures.
If you're talking commercially, yeah.
If you're talking critically, not really.

now where's my second f-zero character

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
By the way, if we're talking about character representation here the sales don't matter, Fire Emblem has more characters than Star Fox for one simple reason and that's because it lends itself much better for playable characters, it really is as simple as that.

The entire Star Fox roster while a lot different mechnically work from the same principles and have had to be taken a ton of liberties with in order to make them playable, it's not easy making playable characters from almost nothing, and they don't really beg to be added either because of the franchise's gameplay. Compare that to someone like Robin who makes a really easy transition into a Smash character, and it's not hard to see why FE is currently ahead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom