• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Mewtwo: 80% Mainly because i believe the demand for the character would guarantee him at least a role larger than a mere trophy, AT is out of question, and since we haven't seen him on a Pokéball yet, and that i don't think he would work as a boss, i think playable is the most likely outcome. However there's that chance of him being an unnanounced Pokéball Pokémon, and of course the fact that he is a veteran i think also gives him an edge.

Ridley: 50% I think anything goes at this point.

K. Rool: 30% I´m not confident about him anymore, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Espio264

Smash Ace
I feel like if she were a hidden character, I'd be pissed. I mean, I like her character in Smash, but if I'm sitting there playing and I hear the challenger approaching, I would be genuinely disappointed if it was just Wii Fit trainer.
You have a very good point. I think we've gotten to the point where new hidden characters should be easily recognizable and/or expected. He can build excitement for the lesser known/ expected characters before the game comes out, but once it's in our hands, he can't expect that most of us will still be waiting on his every update to learn every nuance of the less flashy newcomers.

Of course, there's bound to be a G&W/ROB character whose sheer WTFness will cause us to be curious, and try them out, but the rest need to create their own hype. I think Wolf, Toon Link and Lucario did that in Brawl, and we should expect 2 to 3 more that will act similarly.

Out of Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool, Dixie, Isaac and Shulk, we should feel good about at least two.

And to a lesser extent from Krystal, Bandana Dee, Ghirahim/Impa, Paper Mario, Bowser Jr., Chorus Kids and a prominent retro, we should feel good about one to two more.

I still think there is plenty of magic left up Sakurai's sleeve.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Considering how anal SPD1 are towards using characters that aren't theirs I doubt it, unless it was outsourced to a different developer.

Would be cool though, but maybe not for Warioware.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
So I guess no one's expecting a character reveal this week, but next week? Maybe? Hmmm? I just want K. Rool or RIdley to be confirmed already. I'm sick of waiting.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So I guess no one's expecting a character reveal this week, but next week? Maybe? Hmmm? I just want K. Rool or RIdley to be confirmed already. I'm sick of waiting.
A new character reveal could still happen sometime this week, although if it is, we'd probably have to find out about it by tomorrow. If we get nothing this week, then I think we'll definitely get something next week.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Then Galacta Knight gets confirmed:troll:
Nonono. You are surely mistaken good sir. Galatca Knight is old news now.

Clearly. That would mean only one character can be revealed that is more recent and hip:
:troll:

Also I would totally prefer a dark meta knight alt to a Galacta Knight alt. :p

We thankfully don't have to worry about Meta Knight getting cut though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Digging through some stuff and I found this roster I made prior to E3 this year. It's a mix of what I wanted to happen and what I expected to happen.

Happy that Robin actually was included, I really wasn't expecting it at the time I made this. Also happy Pac didn't end up using the design I thought he would (and therefore included on this roster).

As I made this roster mostly to suit my selfish wishful purposes, I know I'd prefer it to the one we'll end up getting, but what about you?
(and yes, I'm aware WFT and Sheik aren't on it - twas deliberate, though I replaced the latter with Impa, and now I'd probably end up including the former since the focus of my dislike has mostly shifted to the Miis... who for some reason I included here :p)

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Digging through some stuff and I found this roster I made prior to E3 this year. It's a mix of what I wanted to happen and what I expected to happen.

Happy that Robin actually was included, I really wasn't expecting it at the time I made this. Also happy Pac didn't end up using the design I thought he would (and therefore included on this roster).

As I made this roster mostly to suit my selfish wishful purposes, I know I'd prefer it to the one we'll end up getting, but what about you?
(and yes, I'm aware WFT and Sheik aren't on it - twas deliberate, though I replaced the latter with Impa, and now I'd probably end up including the former since the focus of my dislike has mostly shifted to the Miis... who for some reason I included here :p)
What do you think of Isaac's position now?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

I find it interesting that you had Chorus Men on this roster, and yet included Robin over Chrom.

I like that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I find it interesting that you had Chorus Men on this roster, and yet included Robin over Chrom.

I like that.
I liked the idea of Chorus Men (or at least wasn't adverse to it), and I didn't like the idea of Chrom. Never expected for a minute that we'd possibly wind up getting one without the other, but I'm happy it might turn out that way.

So AT then? :awesome:
Yeah probably, but there's always hope. I kinda stopped anticipating him as much when I saw how the newcomers seem pretty dictated by recency.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yeah probably, but there's always hope. I kinda stopped anticipating him as much when I saw how the newcomers seem pretty dictated by recency.
Dictated by recency? Even if that is the case, how does this hurt Isaac's chances at all?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Dictated by recency? Even if that is the case, how does this hurt Isaac's chances at all?
GS's impact happened primarily pre-Brawl, and the focus on newcomers seems to be post-Brawl. He showed up in Dark Dawn, but that game didn't really make an impact as big as the other new series in the time period we seem to be getting most of the content from. Plus Matthew was the protagonist, and I suspect we'd get him over adult Isaac.

I think Sakurai is prioritizing series that made a bigger splash than GS since the last Smash like AC, Punch-Out, Wii Fit, Xenoblade, Rhythm Heaven, and the Miis. In overall impact and popularity Isaac and GS outmatches some of those series, but timing-wise I think he's at a disadvantage.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
View attachment 21432
My Update Wish Roster....:4greninja:
Interesting roster. Granted, I consider Dark Pit to be more likely than Bandana Dee, but beyond that, it looks to be a satisfactory list. I'd rate the list if I were a self-absorbed a--hole who thinks such trivial matters should be rated as if there was an objective criteria for a "Wish Roster." So, I won't. It's a good list.

PS: Don't take the Dark Pit thing the wrong way. I may be predicting him, but that doesn't mean I want him in as his own character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Saw some Big Three discussion earlier.

I think we'll get Mewtwo and K. Rool. That's all I'll say on the matter. :p

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I'm going to say a new stage for either version tonight.
I would predict a veteran reveal if I thought it might happen. I agree that the wait is becoming unbearable. In fact, I just want the entire roster to be leaked already. I think it has been long enough. I'm tired of waiting...

So yeah. New stage! :bee:

EDIT: This was meant for the Pic of the Day thread. This is the first time I posted in the wrong thread. Gotta happen to everyone at least once, right? :facepalm:

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Shulk and the Chorus Kids are part of the Big Three now? :p Or are there other veterans involved?
So, I assume that you don't think Ridley is at all likely?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm going to say a new stage for either version tonight.
I would predict a veteran reveal if I thought it might happen. I agree that the wait is becoming unbearable. In fact, I just want the entire roster to be leaked already. I think it has been long enough. I'm tired of waiting...

So yeah. New stage! :bee:

EDIT: This was meant for the Pic of the Day thread. This is the first time I posted in the wrong thread. Gotta happen to everyone at least once, right? :facepalm:
I have yet to do that, but then again, I probably just jinxed it and I'll end up doing it tomorrow.:p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, I assume that you don't think Ridley is at all likely?
Honestly no. Would I like him in? Sure. He's a cool guy. I just don't think he's getting in. And all those shadow analyses don't really help me see it differently. Believe me, I've read them.

Not trying to start a Ridley war though.

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
Mewtwo. Only because he's the most prominent of the three to actually make it in. Hell, there's data left of Mewtwo in Brawl.
Oh man we totally havent discussed this. sarcasm. and ridley + k rool are prominent! ridleys fan base just reached 1500 pages!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh man we totally havent discussed this. sarcasm. and ridley + k rool are prominent! ridleys fan base just reached 1500 pages!
To be fair, quite a bit of it is either spam or fending off detractors. Thread size says nothing about prominence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom