• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Had a random thought about Paper Mario. What if 8-Bit Mario (the amibbo thing) was intended, but they realized that he has literally no potential, so they retextured the 2D Mario skeleton and made it into Paper Mario, someone get @aldelaro5 back in here and see what he thinks
I think that would be...kind of a straw grab, honestly. Surely they would of realised 8 Bit Mario had no Smash potential from the get go...

I have an alternative theory as to why 8 Bit Mario was included though:

What if 8 Bit Mario has nothing to do with Smash in the first place and is actually just there to hint at Mario Maker having an Amiibo planned?

I know it's a stretch, but maybe not all those Amiibo are for Smash. Shame because I'd of loved me some playable Toad in Smash, but this 8 Bit Mario theory thing needs to die before people start subscribing to it.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
That's a false equivalency. Character development general isn't an insert time here get result, insert double time and get double result. There is not really any evidence to support the notion that Lucina set back the development team back or that they would have given more attention to other characters if they would of left her out.
It is true that there is no possible way I could know that lucina set them back in some way but Id rather them use that time to make a quick easy alt and work on rebalancing or double checking the characters that actually will make a difference.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think that would be...kind of a straw grab, honestly. Surely they would of realised 8 Bit Mario had no Smash potential from the get go...

What if 8 Bit Mario has nothing to do with Smash in the first place and is actually just there to hint at Mario Maker having an Amiibo planned?

I know it's a stretch, but maybe not all those Amiibo are for Smash. Shame because I'd of loved me some playable Toad in Smash, but this 8 Bit Mario theory thing needs to die before people start subscribing to it.
It's not a stretch at all. That portion of the Direct was simply introducing the Amiibo and used Smash to springboard into it. If 8-Bit Mario were going to be in, then we have to consider Toad and I believe Tom Nook as well.

In terms of Smash, it means absolutely nothing. They wouldn't mess something like that up.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I base my merit on Importance, Popularity, Uniqueness and Relevance.
Wii Fit Trainer fits imo only the relevance category, Robin hits the uniqueness and relevance categories but only a few give a crap since he is neither important or popular to the FE series, (be aware any character can be made unique so it doesnt place very high for me).
Lets see palutena has relevance since she is extremely new to actually mattering aka 1 game, and her uniqueness allows her to be acknowledged (also sakurai has bias towards his characters).

Then there is greninja who has relevance since he is brand new and thats about it.
Rosalina honestly was only unique due to sakurai so I wont count that towards her inclusion so I give her relevance since she is a newer character to the mario lore although not as important as many other choices (but sakurai created uniqueness so theres that.)
Finally it comes to Lucina who is relevant also, funny how this smash is placing an INSANE amount of importance on how new a character is almost like a marketing tool how awesome.

Characters who got in on merit where megaman, little mac, villager, miis (history) and pacman (history). So Im sure many hardcore fanbases feel the pain so far of how mediocre this roster has been so far although the game itself looks fun.

It's not a waste of anyone's time because he's a clone. That's why adding him is a good idea in the first place; it's easy, effortless fanservice.
And unlike Lucina, they don't even have to bring back Laura Bailey for the voice (that would be weird coming from Mario) they can just reuse Mario's voice.
I just dont like mediocre character slots filling up the screen, Id rather sakurai spend more time with other characters.[/quote]
To argue with this, just because they are new characters doesn't mean they lack merit. From reading this, it seems you are saying that 1 game with them being prominent isn't "good enough" for an inclusion in Smash.

Palutena, while yes, she didn't have a supporting role in the prior games in the series, yet one, she is the "damsel in distress" in the 1st and 2nd game. Palutena is one of the 3 three characters to appear in all the 3 game, also. She is the "Zelda" to the franchise, she definitely earned her place in Smash.

Rosalina is new character in the Mario series debuting in Mario Galaxy, even. Yet, in the time she has been part of the Mario franchise she gained a large following and appeared in all the Mario Karts so far since her debut, and even became a playable character in 3D world due to her popularity. Just because a character wasn't around for that long, doesn't diminish her chances or the honor of being in Smash.

The rest I will argue momentarily....
It is true that there is no possible way I could know that lucina set them back in some way but Id rather them use that time to make a quick easy alt and work on rebalancing or double checking the characters that actually will make a difference.
You're acting like it's takes A LOT of time to transition a planned alt costume to a character on the roster, when in development it probably doesn't affect the time spent greatly. Lucina is a last minute addition, you should be grateful rather than groaning that the time should of been spent with something else.

Last edited:

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace

They probably just stuck a bunch of Nintendo characters in there regardless of who might end up getting an Amiibo, as all Nintendo characters have potential to get one some day.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
If Mewtwo, Ridley, and K. Rool are playable DLC, then why the hell would you be mad? They are playable at the least.
Late on this but I think it's more because despite having plenty of reasons of being in the game, they were not considered or at least planned to be on the final roster and made into money makers considering their immense popularity.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
I'm really tired of seeing characters without merit making it into smash and am really hoping sakurai is smart and is saving the big 3 for last.

Cough (Lucina, Robin, Palutena, Greninja, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina) Cough

The only reason these guys will be enjoyable is due to sakurais game design otherwise these guys didnt deserve playability status at this time.

(Hell its almost like Sakurai is ignoring the good choices but that waits to be seen based on the final roster.)
Lucina and Robin are from the most popular Fire Emblem game that saved the series and was a lot of peoples introduction to a Fire Emblem game. Lucina is a Marth clone so she would have taken minimal time to implement. Both Characters were highly requested by the Smash Fanbase.

Palutena is the 2nd most Important character from the Kid Icarus franchise. She is a popular character due to her funny characterization in uprising, and She was a highly requested character for Smash 4.

Greninja is by far the most popular Pokemon in gen 6, and is easily the most popular since Lucario, so while the Smash community wasn't expecting him, he certainly has his merits.

Wii Fit Trainer was admittedly meant to be a WTF character that no one saw coming, but Wii Fit was a very important game to Ninty and it's good for the roster to have a few surprises. That and she has built up a sizable fanbase since her reveal.

Rosalina represents the Mario Galaxy games which are by far the most critically acclaimed games to come out of Nintendo this last generation. Rosie herself has become one of the most popular characters in the Mario universe (I think every race I have done online in Mario Kart 8 has at least 2 people playing Rosalina it.) Honestly I'm surprised that the Smash community thought she was a long shot next to characters such as Bowser JR and Waluigi.

Just because these characters got in and the ones that you wanted haven't yet, doesn't men that these characters didn't "Deserve to be playable (and honestly I would pick all 6 of these characters over he so called "Big 3".)

Fight Me.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I just dont like mediocre character slots filling up the screen, Id rather sakurai spend more time with other characters.
To argue with this, just because they are new characters doesn't mean they lack merit. From reading this, it seems you are saying that 1 game with them being prominent isn't "good enough" for an inclusion in Smash.

Palutena, while yes, she didn't have a supporting role in the prior games in the series, yet one, she is the "damsel in distress" in the 1st and 2nd game. Palutena is one of the 3 three characters to appear in all the 3 game, also. She is the "Zelda" to the franchise, she definitely earned her place in Smash.

Rosalina is new character in the Mario series debuting in Mario Galaxy, even. Yet, in the time she has been part of the Mario franchise she gained a large following and appeared in all the Mario Karts so far since her debut, and even became a playable character in 3D world due to her popularity. Just because a character wasn't around for that long, doesn't diminish her chances or the honor of being in Smash.

The rest I will argue momentarily....

You're acting like it's takes A LOT of time to transition a planned alt costume to a character on the roster, when in development it probably doesn't affect the time spent greatly. Lucina is a last minute addition, you should be grateful rather than groaning that the time should of been spent with something else.
[/QUOTE]

Im actually glad Palutena got into smash she seems to be a great addition but I do think she really didnt deserve it just yet 1 more game with her and pit probably would have it set for me because if her popularity had lasted over time as well as her importance and relevance (shes got uniqueness in the bag) I would have definitely advocated support for her but atm I feel she is a barely known character that only people who played uprising would recognize. Talk about palutena with most nintendo fans and they probably will know nothing about her.

As for rosalina she has existed throughout both galaxies now and was put in 3d world imo as a way for nintendo to show that she is going to be a mainstay in the mario series. When it comes to mario reps Bowser Jr and Paper Mario are both far ahead of Rosalina in Importance, Popularity, Uniqueness and were until the last few months literally were ahead in relevancy. I mostly criticize Rosalina for the fact she is so far behind many characters who are worthy in the mario series that her inclusion was very surprising an not really worthy when compared to the mario competition ahead of her but it is clear that sakurai wanted her because she was female and more importantly he had the puppet character idea in his head for her so its unique case were sakurai just chose the forth most wanted mario rep in line and got an idea. So what Im saying with her is that others deserved to be in before her from the mario verse.

To be fair on the whole lucina thing even though I cant say that lucina's development did take alot of time nobody can know whether or not it honestly did not take alot of time either. The point being I dont like the implication that she might have wasted time that could be used on other characters for IMO a lazy addition to the roster.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Can we please stop arguing about Robin and Lucina? Anyone arguing for or against them should get over it at this point. Like it or not, they're here and they're not going away, so arguing won't change shiet.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
To also add onto this dragged on debate over what's already happened & done with, Lucina was re-worked to be a beginner / novice-skill level Marth. Marth got tweaks / changes now becoming a 'harder to learn, play, & master' character, if you like Lucina then great, If you dislike the Marth tweaks well too bad. Beginner players will enjoy it & Expert players will love the challenge playing a more difficult Marth.

Every Lucina / Marth fan for the most part are happy.:p

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Lucina and Robin are from the most popular Fire Emblem game that saved the series and was a lot of peoples introduction to a Fire Emblem game. Lucina is a Marth clone so she would have taken minimal time to implement. Both Characters were highly requested by the Smash Fanbase.

Palutena is the 2nd most Important character from the Kid Icarus franchise. She is a popular character due to her funny characterization in uprising, and She was a highly requested character for Smash 4.

Greninja is by far the most popular Pokemon in gen 6, and is easily the most popular since Lucario, so while the Smash community wasn't expecting him, he certainly has his merits.

Wii Fit Trainer was admittedly meant to be a WTF character that no one saw coming, but Wii Fit was a very important game to Ninty and it's good for the roster to have a few surprises. That and she has built up a sizable fanbase since her reveal.

Rosalina represents the Mario Galaxy games which are by far the most critically acclaimed games to come out of Nintendo this last generation. Rosie herself has become one of the most popular characters in the Mario universe (I think every race I have done online in Mario Kart 8 has at least 2 people playing Rosalina it.) Honestly I'm surprised that the Smash community thought she was a long shot next to characters such as Bowser JR and Waluigi.

Just because these characters got in and the ones that you wanted haven't yet, doesn't men that these characters didn't "Deserve to be playable (and honestly I would pick all 6 of these characters over he so called "Big 3".)

Fight Me.
That fire emblem didnt save the series it literally just put it on the map with more casual gamers. Also both Lucina and Robin arent that highly requested if you study to smashboard polls that have been taken on many websites by shortie.

Palutena is the 2nd most important character but only due to a lack of important characters in general and to the fact the franchis is basically a new one so it needs to earn its legs before getting more reps imo. Also even though Palutena is a high request in the "smash" fanbase that is the extent her popularity extends, most nintendo fans will not know who palutena is...

Greninja is eons below in popularity when compared to all characters who have been in smash beforehand except maybe ivysaur (which to be fair is due to his newness, another reason people should sit on greninja and see if his popularity would have lasted unlinke cough*zoroark*cough)

Even though I want the big 3 there are others who I desperately want in who are in clearly nowhere close to the tier of Importance, Popularity, Uniqueness and Relevance (minus K rool) It honestly a joke that these lower level characters have gotten into nintendo's hall of fame before these mighty 3 who are legendary among all nintendo fans.

At this point it might as well Smash 4 should be called...
Super Smash Bros Brawl 2: This time instead of casual gameplay we make for casual character choices :kirby:

jk but seriously add the Big 3...

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Actually, for the record, Sakurai admitted that popularity had nothing to do with Greninja's inclusion, so you can't use that as a reason to explain his inclusion in Smash, especially as the roster was finalised long before Greninja had the chance to gain any popularity.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Actually, for the record, Sakurai admitted that popularity had nothing to do with Greninja's inclusion, so you can't use that as a reason to explain his inclusion in Smash, especially as the roster was finalised long before Greninja had the chance to gain any popularity.
Very true imo a poor way to select a character on sakurais part, honestly he got lucky greninja ended up being probably the most popular pokemon from x and y off the top of my head. Now that he is in smash im almost sure his popularity will be permanent, aka expect Mega Greninja from Poke X and Y 2 yuck yuck.

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
That fire emblem didnt save the series it literally just put it on the map with more casual gamers. Also both Lucina and Robin arent that highly requested if you study to smashboard polls that have been taken on many websites by shortie.
Because Smashboards represents the Smash community as a whole (not to mention the Japanese community which loves the Fire Emblem series as well as Lucina) am I right?

Palutena is the 2nd most important character but only due to a lack of important characters in general and to the fact the franchis is basically a new one so it needs to earn its legs before getting more reps imo. Also even though Palutena is a high request in the "smash" fanbase that is the extent her popularity extends, most nintendo fans will not know who palutena is...
What does this have to do with anything? Casuals that aren't aware of the Kid Icarus franchise not knowing about a Palutena doesn't ruin her merits. I'm pretty sure a lot more people don't even know who Game and Watch is even after his appearance in TWO smash games.

Greninja is eons below in popularity when compared to all characters who have been in smash beforehand except maybe ivysaur (which to be fair is due to his newness, another reason people should sit on greninja and see if his popularity would have lasted unlinke cough*zoroark*cough)
Zoroak has been dropped by GameFreak ever since Black and White 2 was released. See how nobody is requesting it ever since X and Y was revealed? He doesn't have any lasting popularity at all.

And popularity doesn't even have anything to do with Greninja's inclusion. Sakurai chose him because he liked his design over other Gen VI reps.

Even though I want the big 3 there are others who I desperately want in who are in clearly nowhere close to the tier of Importance, Popularity, Uniqueness and Relevance (minus K rool) It honestly a joke that these lower level characters have gotten into nintendo's hall of fame before these mighty 3 who are legendary among all nintendo fans.
That's very unfair. Calling these characters "lower level" because they got in (supposedly) over your favorites.

Importance is highly subjective and I can assure, these characters (outside of Greninja but you don't see people complaining about Charizard) are very important to their games.

Uniqueness is a highly subjective word and I think that all of the characters you are *****ing on have (sans Lucina) have much greater potential in their possible movesets than Ridley and K Rool.

When it comes to relevance, seriously? Rosalina is from a ridiculously popular Mario spin-off franchise that was released after Brawl. Palutena is from a game that Sakurai himself worked on right before the development of Smash 4. Greninja is from the most recent generation of Pokémon. Lucina is from the most recent Fire Emblem game. How are these characters not relevant?

I think you are just being insensitive, like the countless of other people that hate these four characters. I swear these character are part of the bottom five most hated newcomers on Smashboards. It's really sad and they don't desserve it.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
As for rosalina she has existed throughout both galaxies now and was put in 3d world imo as a way for nintendo to show that she is going to be a mainstay in the mario series. When it comes to mario reps Bowser Jr and Paper Mario are both far ahead of Rosalina in Importance, Popularity, Uniqueness and were until the last few months literally were ahead in relevancy.
But was Bowser Junior really ahead of her in these things? let's have a look.

Importance.
Bowser JR has never really been that Important to the Mario series, only ever being a recurring boss. In the mid 2000's he was appearing in most Mario games, but he hasn't appeared in anything recently other than NSMB U, (he hasn't even been in the past 2 Mario Kart games when Rosalina has been.

Rosalina was introduced in galaxy and while she took a while to become one of the Mario mainstays, she has become the new go to character, even being playable in the last 3d Mario game, so while it took a while for her to over take Bowser JR in terms of importance to the series she definitely has.

Popularity.
Bowser Jr from the get go had a pretty mixed reaction from the Mario fan base. Jr first appeared in Sunshine (a game itself that has very mixed opinions on) and a lot of people couldn't stand him in the game due to his less than stellar voice acting. Alot of people also didn't like that he was taking over the role that the Koopalings once had which it seems that Nintendo has gone back on in recent years. Now in that time he has gotten a reasonable sized fanbase which I should acknowledge, but over all he has had a very mixed reaction from the Mario fanbase.

Rosalina on the other hand debuted in Mario galaxy (one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time) and received a very positive reception. Now while she didn't do all that much in Galaxy, she was a memorable character who had a touching backstory that a lot of people liked. Now as time has gone on she has become more and more popular (As I have said I think I have yet to play a match in Mario Kart 8 online without someone using Rosalina) So she definitely has popularity on her side.

Uniqueness.
As Sakurai has shown, this isn't an issue for her (although I'm sure he could have done interesting things with JR as well).

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
@ MagnesD3 MagnesD3 I think you are just letting your nostalgia get in the way.

Is this character too new to be iconic? Nope, *****ty choice.

Is this character not a character I can recognize (which, apparently for you, is no later than 2011)? Nope, *****ty choice.

This game is going to be Super Casual Bros. because it has characters from games you haven't played yet, right?

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
But was Bowser Junior really ahead of her in these things? let's have a look.

Importance.
Bowser JR has never really been that Important to the Mario series, only ever being a recurring boss. In the mid 2000's he was appearing in most Mario games, but he hasn't appeared in anything recently other than NSMB U, (he hasn't even been in the past 2 Mario Kart games when Rosalina has been.

Rosalina was introduced in galaxy and while she took a while to become one of the Mario mainstays, she has become the new go to character, even being playable in the last 3d Mario game, so while it took a while for her to over take Bowser JR in terms of importance to the series she definitely has.

Popularity.
Bowser Jr from the get go had a pretty mixed reaction from the Mario fan base. Jr first appeared in Sunshine (a game itself that has very mixed opinions on) and a lot of people couldn't stand him in the game due to his less than stellar voice acting. Alot of people also didn't like that he was taking over the role that the Koopalings once had which it seems that Nintendo has gone back on in recent years. Now in that time he has gotten a reasonable sized fanbase which I should acknowledge, but over all he has had a very mixed reaction from the Mario fanbase.

Rosalina on the other hand debuted in Mario galaxy (one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time) and received a very positive reception. Now while she didn't do all that much in Galaxy, she was a memorable character who had a touching backstory that a lot of people liked. Now as time has gone on she has become more and more popular (As I have said I think I have yet to play a match in Mario Kart 8 online without someone using Rosalina) So she definitely has popularity on her side.

Uniqueness.
As Sakurai has shown, this isn't an issue for her (although I'm sure he could have done interesting things with JR as well).
I don't know if I'd agree on the importance part; Bowser Jr. played a huge role in Mario Sunshine like Rosalina did in Galaxy 1. Plus, Bowser Jr. has been a major villain in not only Sunshine, but three out of four of the New Super Mario Bros. games, and both Galaxy games. He's pretty much the main antagonist second only to Bowser himself at this point. Rosalina on the other hand, was a major, major character in Mario Galaxy 1, but didn't play as much of a significant role in Galaxy 2, and was barely in 3D World at all considering she was the "super secret unlockable character!!!" like Luigi was in 3D Land.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The hyperbole surrounding K.Rool and Ridley will never not be annoying

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
I don't know if I'd agree on the importance part; Bowser Jr. played a huge role in Mario Sunshine like Rosalina did in Galaxy 1. Plus, Bowser Jr. has been a major villain in not only Sunshine, but three out of four of the New Super Mario Bros. games, and both Galaxy games. He's pretty much the main antagonist second only to Bowser himself at this point. Rosalina on the other hand, was a major, major character in Mario Galaxy 1, but didn't play as much of a significant role in Galaxy 2, and was barely in 3D World at all considering she was the "super secret unlockable character!!!" like Luigi was in 3D Land.
I will concede that until recently they have been even in importance, but Rosalina has been getting more important rolls from Nintendo recently and JRs rolles have been decreasing, so going forward from Smash4 it wouldn't surprise m if Rolina continues to have more major roles in the games.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I will concede that until recently they have been even in importance, but Rosalina has been getting more important rolls from Nintendo recently and JRs rolles have been decreasing, so going forward from Smash4 it wouldn't surprise m if Rolina continues to have more major roles in the games.
I guess it really depends on how you look at it. Rosalina is a hero and heroes in Mario always play bigger roles, but Jr. has been in more games and has been involved in the actual plot line more often.

Rosalina was playable in Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart 7, but Bowser Jr. was playable in Mario Party: Island Tour and Mario Tennis Open, and is initially playable in Mario Golf: World Tour where as Rosalina is only a DLC character.

Rosalina was in Mario 3D World, but Bowser was in New Super Mario Bros. U; and neither were in Mario 3D Land or New Super Mario Bros. 2

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero

All I'm saying is if Amiibo's are only characters, either 8-Bit is in, or someone simialr to 8-bit is in. I think the latter is more realistic. If guys like Chrom can get cut/changed, why couldn't 8-bit? It really comes down to what point the amiibo's started being a thing, if it was during the "drawing board" phase then 8-bit could have gotten as far as Mach or BF did in Melee, just ideas. If it was later, well then 8-bit mario's amiibo must mean something.

Also, who's the third big 3 besides rool and Ridley

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are we really back to talking about "8-Bit Mario"?

What's next, digging even further and discussing "Jumpman" again?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Are we really back to talking about "8-Bit Mario"?

What's next, digging even further and discussing "Jumpman" again?
I just want someone to explain the amiibo.

But you're right, let's talk about Dark Pit or see who can yell louder about why Ridley should or should not be in

D

Deleted member

I'd much rather have another Pittoo discussion or Ridley argument than discussing about straw-pulling in regards to amiibo about 8-Bit Mario.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I just want someone to explain the amiibo.

But you're right, let's talk about Dark Pit or see who can yell louder about why Ridley should or should not be in
They put a bunch of important Nintendo characters on the amiibo poster, so obviously most of them are in smash. I doubt it means anything for him, since amiibos aren't exclusive to smash.

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
The Amiibo poster means nothing. Isabelle and Tom Nook are there and they're both deconfirmed

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Because Smashboards represents the Smash community as a whole (not to mention the Japanese community which loves the Fire Emblem series as well as Lucina) am I right?

What does this have to do with anything? Casuals that aren't aware of the Kid Icarus franchise not knowing about a Palutena doesn't ruin her merits. I'm pretty sure a lot more people don't even know who Game and Watch is even after his appearance in TWO smash games.

Zoroak has been dropped by GameFreak ever since Black and White 2 was released. See how nobody is requesting it ever since X and Y was revealed? He doesn't have any lasting popularity at all.

And popularity doesn't even have anything to do with Greninja's inclusion. Sakurai chose him because he liked his design over other Gen VI reps.

That's very unfair. Calling these characters "lower level" because they got in (supposedly) over your favorites.

Importance is highly subjective and I can assure, these characters (outside of Greninja but you don't see people complaining about Charizard) are very important to their games.

Uniqueness is a highly subjective word and I think that all of the characters you are *****ing on have (sans Lucina) have much greater potential in their possible movesets than Ridley and K Rool.

When it comes to relevance, seriously? Rosalina is from a ridiculously popular Mario spin-off franchise that was released after Brawl. Palutena is from a game that Sakurai himself worked on right before the development of Smash 4. Greninja is from the most recent generation of Pokémon. Lucina is from the most recent Fire Emblem game. How are these characters not relevant?

I think you are just being insensitive, like the countless of other people that hate these four characters. I swear these character are part of the bottom five most hated newcomers on Smashboards. It's really sad and they don't desserve it.
Nobody complains about charizard because he is iconic and extremely popular.

Ridleys and K. Rools uniqueness levels are insanely high if you need direction just visit their threads.

All of the characters you mentioned are Relevant, if you see in my arguments for why they got in they all classify as relevant aka new. So people who are currently buying what they are selling and what is hot off the press is what smash is currently trying to appeal to unfortunately, its a marketing extraveganza.

I am being insensitive in the sense I dont care at all about the characters that have been added which is a shame, probably because they have only existed for a year or 2, maybe if those characters were given more time I might actually respect them.

D

Deleted member

yeah thats true but maybe he took off his gear for some reason idk
Captain Toad is a solid red Toad.
The amiibo image has a Toad with red spots and blue vest.

It's not Captain Toad without gear.
Especially since Captain Toad has a particular outfit that doesn't qualify as "gear" in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom