• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well we're up to 39 confirmed characters now (counting all three Miis), and are equal to Brawl's roster.

With Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, a Mother Rep, and at least one more newcomer all but confirmed we've at least broken the early 40s barrier. The time to get hyped is now.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'll admit; the PotD didn't load and I briefly saw just Metaknights wing in the character's section and my first thought was "Ridley? Did all Smashboards dreams come true?" until I noticed it was a tiny little box, scrolled saw MK and breathed a sigh of relief.

That would be the most anti climatic way to reveal a newcomer ever.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Well we're up to 39 confirmed characters now (counting all three Miis), and are equal to Brawl's roster.

With Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, a Mother Rep, and at least one more newcomer all but confirmed we've at least broken the early 40s barrier. The time to get hyped is now.
I agree we still have Wario, Mr.G+W, Ganon, ICs, Wolf, Falco, R.O.B., and Ness left counting the miis as one (which I think sakurai will do) so that would be 45 if Lucas returns 46 which would leave room for 2 more newcomers and the random box would bring the final total to 49

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
That is the ugliest picture of K.Rool I've ever seen

and he was already really ugly.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
K. Rool was never the most photogenic lizard. His bloodshot eye doesn't help. What can you expect from a villain? They're meant to look imposing and evil.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Not exactly characters, but did you guys notice these other links are also updates we got today?

http://www.smashbros.com/us/3ds/index.html
I saw. I was more interested in what I found in Meta Knight's page, though. Waddle Dees everywhere. Just what I've been waiting to see! Too bad I'm planning on getting the Wii U version. Hopefully, they'll be on there too. Or the kind of enemies that appear randomly in crates and barrels. Remember how ReDeads came out of those in Melee? That was awesome.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Look another roster.

Wow! Such original! Much unique! Very smash bros!
From me, you get an above average score for having 18+ brand newcomers to your final roster prediction.
:4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: out of 10 HYESZ!

Star Fox had as many characters as Kirby in brawl so wolf's chance are pretty good looking right now
Every time I think of both Mother & StarFox's outcome(s) of their slot size, I always think back about :4falcon: being the lone pilot, & him getting at least one more F-Zero character slot.:ohwell: Does anyone believe that StarFox pilots are amputees with metal legs?

Also I'm not too sure of that, just because their franchises are right beside each other in Brawl's roster doesn't make their similar amount of character slots justifiable for Wolf's outcome. That is a decent speculation though.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
It's amazing how much a simple thing like a sure lock like Meta Knight being revealed in a PoTD helps bring back the hype for the new Smash. It really is. Also curiously I would have bet on Ganondorf being the next veteran reveal, I wonder if that means anything at all or if we should just predict better PoTD's like this one? (Please be villains trailer, please be villains trailer, please be villains trailer).

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
It's amazing how much a simple thing like a sure lock like Meta Knight being revealed in a PoTD helps bring back the hype for the new Smash. It really is. Also curiously I would have bet on Ganondorf being the next veteran reveal, I wonder if that means anything at all or if we should just predict better PoTD's like this one? (Please be villains trailer, please be villains trailer, please be villains trailer).
His WiiU & 3DS images on the smashbros site are amazing, have you seen them?! I'm totally hyped for those animations & colored detail! The sure lock of characters via PotD is eggspected to generate hype my friend:4yoshi:. But maintain your wishful thinking with a open mind. I wish for no one to hit the concrete from the de-confirms likely to happen.

Wonder why it was on a Wednesday instead of a Friday.
#Patternbuster
Also I just got a good vibe feeling for something special this Friday. Won't cogitate about it too hard.:4lucario:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
His WiiU & 3DS images on the smashbros site are amazing, have you seen them?! I'm totally hyped for those animations & colored detail! The sure lock of characters via PotD is eggspected to generate hype my friend:4yoshi:. But maintain your wishful thinking with a open mind. I wish for no one to hit the concrete from the de-confirms likely to happen.

#Patternbuster
Also I just got a good vibe feeling for something special this Friday. Won't cogitate about it too hard.:4lucario:
For some reason I was more disappointed than excited initially when I saw meta knight. Maybe it's because I was wanting someone more exciting.

Staarih

Smash Master
I find myself expecting a villain trailer more and more as days go by, oh noes. Seeing as we most likely won't get Ganondorf tomorrow (for Hyrule Warriors) because of getting MK today, he's a perfect fit for a villain trailer if they want to reveal him pre-release. Along with Ridley and K. Rool of course. All we need is a Direct or something for it to happen.

Nah, maybe I should lower my expectations.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
I find myself expecting a villain trailer more and more as days go by, oh noes. Seeing as we most likely won't get Ganondorf tomorrow (for Hyrule Warriors) because of getting MK today, he's a perfect fit for a villain trailer if they want to reveal him pre-release. Along with Ridley and K. Rool of course. All we need is a Direct or something for it to happen.

lower them and be pleasantly surprised instead.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman

I desperately need the next Nintendo Direct to be announced to get my Smash Hype sky high again.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

There are still some more veterans to keep note of though, so the mid to late 40s doesn't seem too far off at this point. Add Ness, Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, Mr. G&W, Falco, Ganondorf, Wario, Lucas, R.O.B., and Wolf, and we'd be talking about a 50 fighter amount.

Edit: Silly me. I forgot Wario.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
There's no reason to think we'll have a small roster; think about it. Amiibos are going to be what, fifteen bucks a pop? They know several people are gonna want them all so were talking like a thousand dollars for all of them!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
There's no reason to think we'll have a small roster; think about it. Amiibos are going to be what, fifteen bucks a pop? They know several people are gonna want them all so were talking like a thousand dollars for all of them!
Skylanders all over again. . . . . .I strongly dislike that game, especially when I'm a spyro fan & it sickened me seeing Skylanders Spyro. And don't forget about DLC / palettes for the extra $$$ profit. You know I'll throw my wallet at Nintendo for a Goku swap costume for Lucario, it will clearly be the most fitting & best alternate costume NA

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
We have 39 fighters now (counting the Mii three times).

Add Shulk and Chorus Men and we have 41. Adding a good chunk of veterans can pull that number above 50.

And the Getmatsu roster was not complete (and a bit wrong), so more newcomers can also be on their way.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Add Shulk and Chorus Men and we have 41.
And the Getmatsu roster was not complete (and a bit wrong), so more newcomers can also be on their way.
I'm still pondering about why Chorus Men is being added in predicted rosters. I kind of need solid evidence as to why they're mentioned at all including merits to the Rhythm Heaven games such as being 1st party, was a great-selling game in Japan in 2008 selling almost 2 million copies, & fairly popular in Japan. I'm coming off as a tad ignorant, wondering what helps their inclusion being likely other than speculation.

Edit: Nvm sorta, realized & forgot about the enemy seen in the Smash Run on 3DS. This further helps me out with my own question(s).

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The Getmatsu leak still has a good track record. And the misstep with the Fire Emblem characters could have been due to having a preliminary list of characters (For instance the leak said X/Y Pokemon instead of a specific one).

I still expect Shulk. Although Chorus Men could be a Rhythm Heaven Character.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
The Getmatsu leak still has a good track record. And the misstep with the Fire Emblem characters could have been due to having a preliminary list of characters (For instance the leak said X/Y Pokemon instead of a specific one).

I still expect Shulk. Although Chorus Men could be a Rhythm Heaven Character.
Track records don't matter for leaks. Once a hole appears, it's done.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Track records don't matter for leaks. Once a hole appears, it's done.
The leak for Pokemon X/Y had a few things wrong. But overall it gave a lot of existing information to players before the game came out. Including the new type. So I disagree with your premise.

Last edited:

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
I expect Shulk and a Rythm Heaven character regardless of Gematsu.

I'm willing to bet that the next character reveal will be a trailer with a veteran and a newcomer.

saggernaut724

Smash Rookie
NNID
sagwinsl
3DS FC
4785-6664-3260
Wonder why it was on a Wednesday instead of a Friday.
There have been 365 total pics (counting the days with a second pic) since they started with PotD. I don't know, but that might have something to do with it.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Looks like all of the Kirby representatives have been announced...

Or have they?:troll:

*spear spear spear*

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
As far as Dreamland slots atm go, Sakurai may have a 4th because nothings stopping him from being guilty about his bias towards Kirby/Dedede/MK.. It feels redundant to ask this, but given a degree of want & likelyness, Galacta Knight, BD, or "Insert Kirby character(s) here" ?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
In terms of kirby characters I think bandana dee is the only real choice, maybe galacta knight if they wanted to pull a lucina.
Also Ganondorf tomorrow or friday maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom