• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Sorry, that was more directed at Balgor who said 80% (which sounds a bit hard to believe).

I'm not faulting customs. Quite the opposite. I'm saying that customs aren't going to be the magic answer that everyone seems to believe they are.

Why are you telling me to stfu when I agree with you? :p
Because I am haf fail reading comprehension, sorry :p

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Fox can do it too.
But I don't know of it'll be as useful with Fox since he's already fast and Flying Fox doesn't have a hitbox.

Edit: Is Flying Fox slightly slower than Fast Fire Bird?

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I feel bad now for not contributing to the samus's boards custom move project.
Big bomb should be on most of her sets T.T

19_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
19sean
3DS FC
3239-4949-6616
ADHD is showing the true power of villager on stream. This ledge stalling is unreal.

:4villager: It begins :4villager:

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
Oh wow, the ledge stalling by ADHD's Villager. :joyful: How does one even beat that strategy?

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
How much does explosive balloon trip affect villagers recovery? It seems it's not quite as far as normal balloon trip. It's still good, just not as good?

How much does explosive balloon trip affect villagers recovery? It seems it's not quite as far as normal balloon trip. It's still good, just not as good?
ADHD is showing the true power of villager on stream. This ledge stalling is unreal.

:4villager: It begins :4villager:
I might just be missing something, but I'm fairly sure Rosalina could've just dash attacked and scooped Villager off the ledge. She should never have tried to outcamp the Tent-Master. I seriously hope people don't overestimate Explosive Balloon Trip just because of this match.

Last edited by a moderator:

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
I feel like Snakeee should have busted out a counterpick there against ADHD. Also Keitaro's brief interlude made me laugh

Some things I read in chat amongst the ADHD hate:
"Shadow Sneak would wreck the ledge-stalling Villager"
"Jiggs could probably handle this setup"
"When the Villager misses the ledge snap after his balloons run out, any windbox would destroy him"

Just things to consider! That set definitely satisfied my curiosity.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I said this before like 20 pages back, High Speed Drill beats all of Villagers projectiles.

And he has multiple jumps to mix up his landing and mach tornado dealing over 20% giving MK a solid lead.

I'd love to play this MU, little bugger would run to his mother.

Edit: Female now, all of them are devil spawns.

Last edited:

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
hype as **** timeouts, who would have thought that was possible in smash?

the only timeouts i have seen this hype where johnnumbers timeouts

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
does anyone else find it ironic that ADHD is the one being patient? :chuckle:
As someone with ADHD, I would be freaking pissed after 30 seconds of playing against this dude.

I hate just taking forever to get anywhere, I would drop out of the tournament over playing ADHD's villager. :[

Last edited:

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Just FYI I'm pretty sure ADHD is camping so much because he hates customs, that's what I heard M2K say on ZeRo's stream

I still think that was a great set

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
something terrifying just came to mind :(
is villager going to be something of a :dedede: and prevent chars that cant beat his ledgestall from being above mid tier?

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
"Character Competitive Impressions + Tournament Stream Discussion"

so what have I missed I just tuned in

also @ thehard thehard watching Se*gulltho flounder about in the comments of the front page news story was hilarious, some people are so salty.

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
you're missing a campfest by ADHD's villager, dabuz's camping cant even compare to this level of stalling.

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Let me just say something though: Bowser Jr. has a great approach in side-b and can rack up damage far easier than Villager, you saw this game 2 where Tweek was (mostly) smart about playing patient and won because of it. He didn't have to go in with even a 1% lead. I'm sure ADHD read this and knew he had to switch to Diddy to win.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
I heard ADHD was doing this as a protest to customs being allowed at EVO. If so, he's not doing anything with this. EVEN if nothing gets discovered for more characters that allows them to handle the power that is Explosive Balloon Trip, WORST CASE Explosive Balloon Trip gets banned and not custom moves as a whole. (Like it should be)

Just making sure people know this.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Let me just say something though: Bowser Jr. has a great approach in side-b and can rack up damage far easier than Villager, you saw this game 2 where Tweek was (mostly) smart about playing patient and won because of it. He didn't have to go in with even a 1% lead. I'm sure ADHD read this and knew he had to switch to Diddy to win.
On the other hand, Nairo's ZSS was playing that pretty awkwardly, but I think ZSS is one of those characters that doesn't have many options below her without placing herself in a significant disadvantage.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
If ADHD is really doing this as a protest, that's just pathetic. Camping is fine and dandy if it works. Tourney goers fight to win. But I sincerely hope people don't hate customs cause of this one drip.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Replacing "M2k would've teched that" with Charizard would've Rocksmashed that.
Its a shame the Windbox heroes aren't out for Villager. Could see a Gust cape/Fludd just ending it.

Last edited:

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, Nairo missed needed punishes which is why he lost. However, I see more traveling stages as being pretty annoying for this villager variant. What? Another reason to legalize Wuhu and Skyloft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom