• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Challenger Pack 11 Reaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Look, I'm not saying I'm a God speculator, BUT
  • I was one of like 5 people to say Joker was even possible right before his reveal
  • I said Hero was the most likely first Square character, even betting my account on him
  • I said Steve was far more likely than people gave him credit for
  • I brought up the possibility of Sephiroth while everyone else was talking Geno as a second Square Enix character
  • Before Pyra/Mythra I said Drifting Soul would be in Smash
  • I MADE THE TINFOIL HAT THEORY FOR SORA THAT CAME TRUE
I'm kind of a God speculator

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Gotta give Square props. They really did come through in the end when it came to content.

Long gone are the days of 2 unremixed tracks and very few Mii costumes. Now they just straight up have 4 characters, 2 with 4 different alts, more than a handful of tracks, and quite a few Mii costumes. Kinda crazy to think about after Smash 4.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I legit teared up when Sakurai mentioned speaking with Iwata. Sora is an absolutely perfect ending and I'm a casual KH fan at best (I've only played I, II, and DDD). I guess it's time to sit down and experience the series in full. Also glad that the Ballot's top request was ultimately fulfilled.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
WHAT A ****ING FINALE!!!! I played Kingdom hearts 1 last year and haven't gotten around to the rest, and he wasn't a character I actively wanted but HOLY **** it's hype! I can't believe we finally have the true ballot winner. Sora in smash is the most insane thing. There's literally no better character they could have ended on, my own most wanted be damned.

Firox

Smash Master
I'm bummed that Geno ultimately didn't get in, but not gonna lie, if he had to die, I would have wanted it to be for Sephiroth and Sora. Those two are legends in their own right and were two of my most wanted characters. The fact that Cloud, Sephiroth and Sora will be able to thrown down with the likes of Mario, Sonic and Megaman will always be a beautiful and surreal experience to me. Bravo Sakurai. I didn't think it was possible, and I know not everyone can be happy, but you managed to end on a fantastic note.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’d like to take this moment to ask my good friend SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 a question.

Ahem

Where’s Crash?

No really, where is he? I don’t see him.

I see Sora, that’s pretty cool! But I don’t see Crash..

Oh wait, I know why! CUZ HE’S NOT GETTING IN!

LIKE. I. TOLD YOU.

I win! I win the bet! The remaining turtles ain’t in Nick brawl either, so I win both bets!

I ****ING WIN!

YEAH MOTHER ****** YEAH

NEVER DOUBT THE NOI

GET

****ING

DUUUNKED OOOOOOOON

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not gonna lie I'm not too excited about Sora personally, his trailer's not gonna be very rewatchable but goddamn how the **** did they do this? I'm still gonna try him out as he did have some cool looking moves.

Also...

SAKURAI GOT SORA TO ACTUALLY TALK WHEREAS SQUARE COULDN'T FOR WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY AND HE GOT HIM TO SPEAK ENGLISH UNLIKE CLOUD OR SEPHIROTH BRUHHHHHHHHHH

Noipoi

Howdy!
  • I was one of like 5 people to say Joker was possible right before his reveal
  • I said Hero was the most likely Square character
  • I brought up the possibility of Sephiroth while everyone else was talking Geno again
  • I MADE THE TINFOIL HAT THEORY FOR SORA
I'm kind of a God
God gamer status

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think you're being generous with Bayo's rank there. Given she was top 5 in NA and I don't think they even bothered to say how she ranked in Japan.

Honestly I could see Snake being in the top three.
Fine. Top five I guess

1. Sora
2. Snake
3. King K. Rool
4. Bayonetta (only realizable one back in 4)
5. Ridley

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
No round of Super Smash Bros. content releases has ever ended on a low note and if you think it has you're a poopy poo-poo head who poops

Obviously this is the highest one yet and the first time they've saved the "best" for last, but in terms of "stupid phrases that should have died a decade ago" that's right at the top

Ultimate is the eternal proof that you should never let your dreams be dreams because nothing is impossible!

SKX31

Smash Master
  • I was one of like 5 people to say Joker was possible right before his reveal
  • I said Hero was the most likely Square character
  • I brought up the possibility of Sephiroth while everyone else was talking Geno again
  • I MADE THE TINFOIL HAT THEORY FOR SORA
I'm kind of a God
Just prepare for the Smash 6 period when everyone will be looking towards you and whatever you say. :roll:

Also...

SAKURAI GOT SORA TO ACTUALLY TALK WHEREAS SQUARE COULDN'T FOR WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY AND HE GOT HIM TO SPEAK ENGLISH UNLIKE CLOUD OR SEPHIROTH BRUHHHHHHHHHH
He also got the ****ing Timeless River costume in.

I repeat, the ****ing Timeless River costume.

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
The fighter: Amazing, great, best choice even.
The stage: Neat, transition is pretty good as well.
Spirit board: Most of the necessary OCs are in there.
Costumes: I wish they do this with Samus next game.
Final Smash: Felt a bit deflated since Sakurai teased it as something grander, but I probably would've liked it more without that teaser.
The music: :(
Overall: Pretty standard challenger pack, surprisingly, but for a character like Sora that's more than enough.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Grew up playing kh but Ive gotta say, 0 excitement for this character. He doesnt even look like he has a particularly interesting playstyle. Sephiroth was a bigger deal imo.
I'm not opposed to him. I think he's a great addition but he does not look fun to play as.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The amount of people in this thread right now is crazy.
I mean it's the last character for Smash's version of Marvel vs Capcom 2. And last character was a VERY popular one. People are gonna show up!

Soo, who else was like "OH **** IT'S DARK SOULS" when Mario started moving toward the spark of fire? I legit thought it was gonna turn out to be a bonfire.
Oh, ****, didn't see your comment at first, but yeah that's where my mind went, then to Scorpion. Cause I associate Sora with Light and not Fire.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
17 years ago I would have been very excited for this reveal, but now I am just worried about SMT V not getting the advertising it desperately needs because they decided to include the most barebones Kingdom Hearts content in Smash. I can’t believe Nintendo put Persona in Smash when the Switch doesn’t have main games but they are leaving one of their holiday titles out to dry.

At least the Switch is getting actual Kingdom Hearts games now to avoid a total failure of a reveal(which makes Joker in Smash look even more stupid btw).

Sadly I also predicted Nintendo would do this with Nintendo Disney theme parks starting up last year for the Mario anniversary(Sora does have the Mickey Mouse symbol on his keyblade just as a permanent branding for Disney on Smash despite Goofy and Donald missing completely).
Disney doesn't have a Nintendo theme park. It’s universal studios Japan. Get the facts straight.

Back to the thread,

amazing reveal. Simply amazing and a wonderful way to finish off the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom