• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Challenger Pack 11 Reaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Man, it sure has been an experience. Pretty awesome.

And boy, they had me at the first half with the trailer, cause I saw the lone fire and whatnot and I was thinking Chosen Undead since a lone flame is a important theme for Dark Souls. But hey, Sora is pretty awesome regardless. And that handshake between Sora and Mario. Man, it has been a journey.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
my black ass didnt expect Sora without Donald and Goofy..,and now my ***** ass is actually haooy and gleeful and wholesome feeling over him being revealed

Square got the biggest dub in Smash Ultimate, and Disney is in a major Nintendo game

SKX31

Smash Master
Well, that's something. Amazing reveal.

I'm happy that Sora got in. Not one of my MWs, but hey, I'll take that. The Disney characters did get name-dropped and shown in the Presentation (Maleficient in particular), so might just be something Sakurai and Disney agreed on. No biggie in the end.

Overall, floaty and very light swordie. Looks relatively simple to pick up, with the one rare possible hang up for casual players being cancelling the Jab / F-Tilt / N-Air / F-Air strings. Sonic Blade looks commital but versatile in particular, while his recovery will allow for quite a lot of off stage stuff. One thing to look out for is that his attacks may be possibly on the slow side, so it might be worth playing a bit cautious and look for openings.

The stage is a S-tier one right off the bat, especially like how it changes at the end. The music choices are excellent too, and there are not many tracks I can think of that were left out.

Hey, it's a great ending to Ultimate's development, I'll take that.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
When listing my wants for the final fighter, Sora wasn't my first as I had never played the Kingdom Hearts games and didn't have much attachment to him, but recognized how iconic he was and labeled him as the choice for "How Did They Do This?" And indeed, how did they do this?! Sakurai is amazing, not just in terms of how he approaches game design, but how he makes miracles happen. It's such a fitting final fighter and I'm glad I remained optimistic that it would have such a great ending. And despite having little attachment to the character and series, I was really touched by the fighter reveal and ending trailer, with the mystical and whimsical music, and using the Smash for Switch reveal trailer is such a great way to go full circle. Might take many re-watchings to absorb everything that has happened. Smash Ultimate has been a wild ride, and I'll continue to enjoy it for a long time.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
You know, I was only thinking this now, but I should've probably thought it earlier: they made the biggest roster, they got the most wanted characters out there, this isn't happening again. It's, in a way, all downhill from here, but I'll be sincere, just because it's downhill doesn't mean the next game will be bad, and it'd be cool if we could all appreciate the next title for what it is, I'm sure gonna do so, regardless if my mains don't pop up again.

Not that anyone has said anything yet, but this situation is making me remember of the whole MvC2 to UMvC3 transition, where people brought the roster topic a lot, though the difference is I actually like Ultimate.

PestilenceSSB

Smash Cadet

Legendary.
I can only imagine travelling back in time and trying to convince my 9 year-old self that this isn't a fanart...

What a way to end this 22-year long journey, man. I have zero attachment to KH and I still jumped out of my chair screaming like a banshee, so I can't even picture how a die-hard KH fan would've reacted...

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
I was Wondering how Sakurai was going to convince the Big D to let Sora into his Game. . .

Ironically, I Guess Disney was OK with it; With the primary Caveat being that Sora CAN be in Smash; as long as Sakurai only used characters exclusive from the game in Sora's Spirit Board and his stage; and none of their main characters like the Mouse, or the Duck or the Dog appeared in the game in ANY way shape or form;

That was my MAIN Gripe & My Justified Reasons for Sora NOT being in Smash; Because so much of his game revolves around the Disney-Owned Characters that Are NOT "Video Game Characters that Made their Debut exclusively as Video game Characters" such as Donald, Goofy, & Mickey and Considering How Stingy Disney is with ITS IPs(Disney is even stingier than Nintendo); Sora is the ONE Character I'd think NEVER Stood a Chance of appearing in Smash;

Heck; I Thought Cinderace or Ring Fit Trainee would've gotten in long before Disney handed over the Keyblade to Masahiro Sakurai!!

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly if Sakurai did leave us. He really did give a beautiful ending with that trailer. It's like someone else said. Sora really woke them all up from thinking Smash was over, but no, Sakura's journey might end here, but he said Sora will be my lasting legacy in showing that Smash goes on.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Plenty of people were saying that tbf
We’ll MooMew is the only person I saw who said it, so he still gets my cool points. 😎

When that flare was on the ground I thought Cinderace was gonna come in and kick it :nifty:
I am SO glad I was not the only person thinking that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom