• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! - Young Link Returns. [Codeset + Voice Change Included!]

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
What happened to this? I think its simply that we don't have anything to do that's possible.

We still need voices, but that's impossible I think.
We still need sound effects, that's impossible as well.
The model is being worked on, as well as recolours.
The bottle taunt needs a hex editor to attach the bottle to a specific bone.

The pac is nearly done. I just need you guys for balance feedback and choosing a FS.

I'm probably forgetting something, but the project is nearly done is we omit the aesthetics.

Zephron

Smash Ace
What happened to this? I think its simply that we don't have anything to do that's possible.

We still need voices, but that's impossible I think.
We still need sound effects, that's impossible as well.
The model is being worked on, as well as recolours.
The bottle taunt needs a hex editor to attach the bottle to a specific bone.

The pac is nearly done. I just need you guys for balance feedback and choosing a FS.

I'm probably forgetting something, but the project is nearly done is we omit the aesthetics.

• What do you mean voices? VILE already released the tut to give characters voiceovers.

• Sounds effects are possible with the above tut.

• Jack is new to vertex hacking so he's doing a couple dry runs then he's going to do the real thing soon.

• We should find someone to fix the bottle thing.

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
I've had life take over recently. It may be a while before I can make it back to sound effects.

Aaaand...they may not be done by me. It's a complicated guide for a noob like me, but I'm trying hard as I can.

Sorry guys.

Zephron

Smash Ace
the voice hacks are impressive but i don't think u can make it for only one costume (although that would be sweet) they don't bother me that much

If you want YL you'd want the PSA as well as the model.

If you want the PSA you'd need all the costumes filled.
If you'd have to have all the costumes filled, you'd might as well have the voice hacks.

Sure it's inconvenient but it really makes perfect sense to add them.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I think we could use Young Link here to make Classic Mega Man, just remove his hair and hat and edit in the Helmet onto his head.

Though with Volnutt being made, that won't really be necessary.

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
YL is just link with a changed moveset and a size mod code. Why would it be easier to go from YL to Megaman than anyone else to megaman?

Zephron

Smash Ace
I think we could use Young Link here to make Classic Mega Man, just remove his hair and hat and edit in the Helmet onto his head.

Though with Volnutt being made, that won't really be necessary.

You have no idea how hard that actually would be.

People love brainstorming, and then asking it of someone not knowing how it's done.

A helmet would be = death.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace

You have no idea how hard that actually would be.

People love brainstorming, and then asking it of someone not knowing how it's done.

A helmet would be = death.
I don't think you understand, delete his hair and hair, then add in the helmet as a texture.

I know how hard texturing is little by little over here with my Sonic Texture edit. Now I have to put it into BrawlBox and replace Sonic's textures with mine.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I don't think you understand, delete his hair and hair, then add in the helmet as a texture.

I know how hard texturing is little by little over here with my Sonic Texture edit. Now I have to put it into BrawlBox and replace Sonic's textures with mine.

... Lol, sonic is not one of the hard people to edit, photoshop wise.

And removing the hair and... hat? I think you mean, would leave a LARGE gaping hole that could be fixed by vertex hacking (rather difficult, also) and the stretching would make it impossible to texture. People will see it as a bald link more than a Megaman. There's also the chance there will always be a small hole after you try to stretch the face. Plus Jack tried to edit Link's hat and it blew up on him.

This is much more than just some quick brawlbox edits. Those are easy.
We're doing a ton more than you think here.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for putting the download up again. We really need to make it more accessible so that it isn't hidden with each new page. Maybe if we updated the OP....

So.... what needs to be done? Is the bottle taunt ready? I'm waiting for its release to perfect some minor things (FSmash feels weird for example). And I would really appreciate some feedback on the PSA, I want him to be as perfect as can be. I'm sorry for not posting any updates but I was busy and as I said, I waited for the bottle taunt.

And, since we seem to be kind of stopped, why not reboot the project with a brand new Final Smash?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
With Riivolution now released, someone could try sound effects again. I've been told at least several times that the file size limit CAN be modified in conjunction with Riivolution and thus, you don't have to match the file size of the effect you're replacing.

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
Atm, I'm too busy, which is why sound effects were never done in the first place. And I'm too much of a noob.

As for the bottle taunt-I don't know who to contact. If you want to pm someone for me, or tell me who, I'll give it to them.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Well, I know Eldiran was able to attach Ganon's sword to his hand. Maybe we should ask hm again.

agroves

Smash Apprentice
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Earth
Thanks for putting the download up again. We really need to make it more accessible so that it isn't hidden with each new page. Maybe if we updated the OP....

So.... what needs to be done? Is the bottle taunt ready? I'm waiting for its release to perfect some minor things (FSmash feels weird for example). And I would really appreciate some feedback on the PSA, I want him to be as perfect as can be. I'm sorry for not posting any updates but I was busy and as I said, I waited for the bottle taunt.

And, since we seem to be kind of stopped, why not reboot the project with a brand new Final Smash?
COOL A new final smash thats goin to be cool. Really impressive to see

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
Just do your idea with Din/Nayru/Farore. Seriously, it's the best one that's possible, since FD link isn't. Everyone was for it anyway.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
K, I'll do it sometimes in the week-end. Maybe later...

Should I build it on the latest version or on your bottle taunt work in progress?

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
@xANDERssbb:Won't work. That's what I said about FD Link

@GoH:Latest version. The bottle's not hard to put in. It's just export and import a couple files.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
I took some time today to bring you the all-new Final Smash. I call it Appeal to the Godesses, but I'm sure you guys can find something better for a name.

Essentially, what he does is call to the goddesses of Hyrule who will all help in some way to his FS. In MM, Nayru, the Goddess of Time helps Link by letting him go back in time. I based the FS around this idea that the goddesses help Link and watch him as he slays Majora. The Godesses are only represented by their respective colour that will tint the screen as the unleash their heavenly powers.

First, Link does some kind of twirl and the screen goes green. Farore uses her wind to push foes towards Link as she envelops him in circles of light that will cause 26% on the foes. Link needs to be close to the victim or else, the wind will not reach. With the last circle of light, Farore sends the foes up in the air. Worthy of not is how Farore keeps Link in midair if he decides to call her while airborn.

Secondly, Din tints the screen red and unleashes her flames. Every foe on screen is burned and pushed back for 12%. Its not a very powerful attack, but is sure to hit. The last hit will send them upwards.

Lastly, Nayru slows down time as the victim is flying off, which makes for a cool effect. Also, she sends Link a Heart Container which will heal for 100%.

That's it. Overall, it hits for 38% if hit right, 12% if not. It heals for 100%. It won't kill unless it is used to edgeguard, and even then, with good DI, its not a sure kill. The description might seem long, but it is relatively short and flows very well.

As always, two downloads, one with no size mod for use with the codes, and another one with a 0,85 size.

Size Mod

http://www.mediafire.com/?3zzyyhxe4tm

No Size Mod

http://www.mediafire.com/?3y1jiotvkmw

Motion

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzenizjzmzw

Please tell me if it is overpowered, underpowered, or glitchy. Feedback would be really appreciated as well.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Please tell me if it is overpowered, underpowered, or glitchy. Feedback would be really appreciated as well.
I thought this was dead...good thing I was WRONG!
I will test this just as soon as I get the Din's Pearl from that brat in Windwaker.

agroves

Smash Apprentice
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Earth
I took some time today to bring you the all-new Final Smash. I call it Appeal to the Godesses, but I'm sure you guys can find something better for a name.

Essentially, what he does is call to the goddesses of Hyrule who will all help in some way to his FS. In MM, Nayru, the Goddess of Time helps Link by letting him go back in time. I based the FS around this idea that the goddesses help Link and watch him as he slays Majora. The Godesses are only represented by their respective colour that will tint the screen as the unleash their heavenly powers.

First, Link does some kind of twirl and the screen goes green. Farore uses her wind to push foes towards Link as she envelops him in circles of light that will cause 26% on the foes. Link needs to be close to the victim or else, the wind will not reach. With the last circle of light, Farore sends the foes up in the air. Worthy of not is how Farore keeps Link in midair if he decides to call her while airborn.

Secondly, Din tints the screen red and unleashes her flames. Every foe on screen is burned and pushed back for 12%. Its not a very powerful attack, but is sure to hit. The last hit will send them upwards.

Lastly, Nayru slows down time as the victim is flying off, which makes for a cool effect. Also, she sends Link a Heart Container which will heal for 100%.

That's it. Overall, it hits for 38% if hit right, 12% if not. It heals for 100%. It won't kill unless it is used to edgeguard, and even then, with good DI, its not a sure kill. The description might seem long, but it is relatively short and flows very well.

As always, two downloads, one with no size mod for use with the codes, and another one with a 0,85 size.

Size Mod

http://www.mediafire.com/?3zzyyhxe4tm

No Size Mod

http://www.mediafire.com/?3y1jiotvkmw

Motion

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzenizjzmzw

Just tried it out. Really good love it a lot. Also the final smash is pretty good too. Maybe a tiny bit overpowered but that's it.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Just tried it out. Really good love it a lot. Also the final smash is pretty good too. Maybe a tiny bit overpowered but that's it.
Thanks for the feedback. What's overpowered is the 100% healing. I thought about lowering it, but that would mean no more heart container. Nayru would simply restore damage. (Probably around 60% or less.)

Also, I've been having trouble putting graphic effects during the Din and Nayru part. Does anyone know why. Maybe it was just me doing it wrong.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
I probably won't change the heart container to another item. It won't be Zelda-like. If I need to lower the damage percentage, I will simply eliminate the Heart and simply heal.

I wasn't able to make some graphic effect work. I think it has to do with the fact that I'm editing a FS subaction. I'll also like to include a screenshake during Din's part and maybe a flash overlay during Nayru's.

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
Since when were Final Smashes supposed to be balanced? Leave the Heart Container. Besides, anyone who plays with YL probably plays Brawl+, where most FS's freeze.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Since when were Final Smashes supposed to be balanced? Leave the Heart Container. Besides, anyone who plays with YL probably plays Brawl+, where most FS's freeze.
1. Final Smashes are as balanced as the characters themselves (take that how you will)
2. Heart Container makes it unfair. How about the model for it appears over Link and he gets healed 50% damage?
3. "Besides, anyone who plays with YL probably plays Brawl+, where most FS's freeze"
^ That makes no sense.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
This is still going on? I thought it was dead D:. IMO, let the final smash like it is, or make it even more broken lol. Final Smashes are for the lulz anyways and to look cool.

Top Bottom