• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! - Young Link Returns. [Codeset + Voice Change Included!]

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for double post, I should've edited my last one. Didn't notice it was from yesterday. lol

yo, Zephron and Jack H., whenever you start to model could you make his sword sheath longer when he has the Gilded Sword? It is a small detail, but the sheath is different from when he has the Kokiri Sword to when he gets the Gilded. It grows longer and its red. Could you put that in some way? I would be really grateful.

Btw, when are you starting the model? I saw the Cloud preview and is that all you got, a sword? I hope its just a teaser and you are nearly finished cause if not it means a longer time for YLink.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Sorry for double post, I should've edited my last one. Didn't notice it was from yesterday. lol

yo, Zephron and Jack H., whenever you start to model could you make his sword sheath longer when he has the Gilded Sword? It is a small detail, but the sheath is different from when he has the Kokiri Sword to when he gets the Gilded. It grows longer and its red. Could you put that in some way? I would be really grateful.

Btw, when are you starting the model? I saw the Cloud preview and is that all you got, a sword? I hope its just a teaser and you are nearly finished cause if not it means a longer time for YLink.

Of course it's a teaser <__<

I can't tell you how much we've already done but it's considerable.

If you have some sort of screenshot I can use as a basis for the sheath I could try my best at it.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
WOAH! Wait, you can use the guilded sword? Did you make it so you can switch swords? If so how do you do it?

As for screens on the Guilded Sword's Sheat, this is all I could find, hope it helps:

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
It's part of the textures. It's just a visual. However, the blue texture has it if you want it.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Akuma2120 for the pictures. You can clearly see the sheath is longer and redder. There is also a gem in the middle of it.

DMN

Smash Cadet
Is this a bump O_o
Anyways i would love if you would make a pack for this YL.Also can you put in a B+ file plz.
(lolz that i barly show up)
Um the size mod what do i call the file?FitLink?

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Is this a bump O_o
Anyways i would love if you would make a pack for this YL.Also can you put in a B+ file plz.
(lolz that i barly show up)
Um the size mod what do i call the file?FitLink?
A pack, I guess it could be useful in the OP. (@Jach H. : hint hint) lol

YLink is made for B+ although, using him in other versions of Brawl will still work.

You should call the file FitLink.pac

DMN

Smash Cadet
A pack, I guess it could be useful in the OP. (@Jach H. : hint hint) lol

YLink is made for B+ although, using him in other versions of Brawl will still work.

You should call the file FitLink.pac
Oh noez by B+ i mean a file...it's a file where you can change there voice,you put the code in and wha-la he got a smaller voice(like the code you have there fo the voice change)If you dont know what it is i can give you a link to it.
I know im suppose to name it with a .pac silly :3 Thanks im gonna try this out X3

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Oh noez by B+ i mean a file...it's a file where you can change there voice,you put the code in and wha-la he got a smaller voice(like the code you have there fo the voice change)If you dont know what it is i can give you a link to it.
I have no idea what it is, or how it would work. Please explain.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Can't access the Wii right now, but what is it supposed to do? Is it some kind of voice changer or size modifier?I believe we already have those.

DMN

Smash Cadet
Can't access the Wii right now, but what is it supposed to do? Is it some kind of voice changer or size modifier?I believe we already have those.
Unlike yours,it dosnt have to make everyone have tiny voices.This will ONLY effect Link(P1 unless you chane the code) and is very handy,i did the same for the Pichu code,Baby Yoshi, B.Mario, & B.Luigi...hell i even did it to bulbasaur.uh so it called size modifier...no it isnt but it needs it to make this work.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Unlike yours,it dosnt have to make everyone have tiny voices.This will ONLY effect Link(P1 unless you chane the code) and is very handy,i did the same for the Pichu code,Baby Yoshi, B.Mario, & B.Luigi...hell i even did it to bulbasaur.uh so it called size modifier...no it isnt but it needs it to make this work.
Oh, very nice. This is indeed useful if it doesn't affect everyone.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
DMN : I tried your coodes and I didn't notice any difference from the normal Link voice. Are you sure it works?

rhan

Smash Hero
Wuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddd????

I'm still probably not going to play Brawl though....

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Yep, you can make random elemental arrows. The intent was to have them cycle through, but that failed. Currently, however, Link's arrows cause desynchs online. I think that there is a way to make them work without desynching, though, but it's not something I can test.

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
And, now that Vile finally got the guide out, I can do voices too! YL is finally going to be finished! Woo!

GoH, do you use a usb loader? It might be easier to redo voices around that, but if you don't, it's not a big deal. I'm going to replace the sounds intelligently anyway. But it might be nice. Especially since I could just use you to test, because I have to burn a cd. >.<

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
And, now that Vile finally got the guide out, I can do voices too! YL is finally going to be finished! Woo!

GoH, do you use a usb loader? It might be easier to redo voices around that, but if you don't, it's not a big deal. I'm going to replace the sounds intelligently anyway. But it might be nice. Especially since I could just use you to test, because I have to burn a cd. >.<
Im afraid I do not. But tell me if I can help in any other way.

Is the voice going to be directly implemented in the pac? Or will it replace the voice of Link at its roots?

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
At its roots. That's the only place it can be replaced. And until PW finished File Replacement 4.0, it'll require a usb loader/burnt disk.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
At its roots. That's the only place it can be replaced. And until PW finished File Replacement 4.0, it'll require a usb loader/burnt disk.
Ah well. I'll wait. Patience is a virtue.

And, I meant to ask, did you make any progress on the milk bottle?

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
>.>

I found out I had homework that weekend, and I forgot.

Edit:Ok, I'm going to have to ask about PSA. You can attach the bottle to a bone so that it follows it, right? So I can just use the current Down Taunt, and rotate it/resize it through the animation. Otherwise I have to actually make it follow the hand. LHandN would be the bone.

Edit2:Ok. On this file could you attach the model "EffLinkBoomerangTornado" to LHandN during the Dtaunt, and have it play the animation "EffLinkBoomerangTornado," and take off the boomerang's effect/whatever is on Dtaunt now? I think it's done, as best I can do.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
>.>

I found out I had homework that weekend, and I forgot.

Edit:Ok, I'm going to have to ask about PSA. You can attach the bottle to a bone so that it follows it, right? So I can just use the current Down Taunt, and rotate it/resize it through the animation. Otherwise I have to actually make it follow the hand. LHandN would be the bone.

Edit2:Ok. On this file could you attach the model "EffLinkBoomerangTornado" to LHandN during the Dtaunt, and have it play the animation "EffLinkBoomerangTornado," and take off the boomerang's effect/whatever is on Dtaunt now? I think it's done, as best I can do.
I fear what you're asking me is only achievable by hex editing. It should be possible though. I unfortunately don't know how to do that and I don't have the time right now to learn (homeworks yay!!). I suggest you ask someone else. It would definitely take less time than if I tried to learn it.

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice
I'm ready to change the front title page. PM me what should go in the initial post (updated codeset, etc) and I'll update the whole thing. :)

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
I don't have time right now, expect a PM tomorrow.

Do you want a first post to copy paste or do you want a general outline?

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062

I have a HDD and can do it, but...I need a link to the guide :p HEck I'll even upload a video

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I'm slow and don't have any work ethic. The model will probably take quite a while. Bottle taunt is done once someone hexes it, however, I haven't pmed anyone about it. >.>

That's about it.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Well, for the first page, it could simply be links to the files, a brief description of the most important moves and such. Put some fine pictures, Zephron's video and it could be good. You can add other things such as credits, or a to-do list. It won't be complicated, take the other OP from other character thread, keep the format and apply it to Young Link.

Top Bottom