• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

timothyung

Smash Ace

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
second that. just if there is a way to like change the hair or something
this may sound n00bish but how do you use CSPs? like where do you put it what do you name it etc. etc.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
The fire effect can be applied to pretty much any attack (just like the electric and dark effects), and from what I can tell, some of Roy's attacks already do set the enemy on fire. It's just a matter of time before everything is smoothed over, and you have to remember they aren't trying to make an exact copy of Melee Roy. Not everything is going to be identical, but I definitely think it makes sense to keep the fire effects on the same attacks.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Can you tie roy down to a character slot like how they did baby mario? or is that just for the resizing?
That's just resizing; this is a little bit more complex. So far, the codes effect ALL Marth in the vicinity. Need to find a way of focusing it on one particular Marth costume rather than all.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
This has probably been asked before but is there a way to Add Roy to the character select screen like they did Zero Suit Samus?

Wander

Smash Journeyman
ZSS (and Sheik and the pokemon) were possible because there were already functioning panels for them in the game data, which if I recall correctly was used in the last stage of SSE. Creating brand new panels for character mods while keeping them separate from their source character might be a little more difficult.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
(I really don't know as much about coding as I should)

When it comes time to separating him from Marth, is it possible to make a copy of Marth's panel on the CSS and just change everything about it to Roy (like his portrait and name and everything) and have it link to Roy's data? So we would basically have two Marth panels, but one of them with all the Marth stuff changed to Roy?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Epic epic nub here at brawl and brawl+ here.

So what characters have they hacked into this game? I want to really get into Brawl+ and its coding when I go back home for the school year.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
Basically all the brawl characters get there own selection panel. Like ZSS is separate from Normal Samus etc. etc.

5ive

Smash Champion
Epic epic nub here at brawl and brawl+ here.

So what characters have they hacked into this game? I want to really get into Brawl+ and its coding when I go back home for the school year.
So far there are altered movesets for Roy and Doc.
There also is Dark Samus, but I think that it will have a lesser chance at being implemented into Brawl+ because it wasn't an original clone character.

Edit: GoG, want to replace the video in the OP? *cough*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBBThZ0M67w&fmt=18 *cough*

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
So far there are altered movesets for Roy and Doc.
There also is Dark Samus, but I think that it will have a lesser chance at being implemented into Brawl+ because it wasn't an original clone character.

Edit: GoG, want to replace the video in the OP? *cough*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBBThZ0M67w&fmt=18 *cough*
while DS isn't a remake of a previous clone she does have coders working on her and is considered to be a front runner for one of the possible 7 character slots for hacked characters. baby mario and (possibly) baby/bowser/jr. is another.

5ive

Smash Champion
Of course, but we have to remember not to get carried away now. Not saying that Dark Samus is getting carried away. I`m just saying that there are 7 slots; hearts are going to be broken.

lolcorny

Dan_X

Smash Lord
while DS isn't a remake of a previous clone she does have coders working on her and is considered to be a front runner for one of the possible 7 character slots for hacked characters. baby mario and (possibly) baby/bowser/jr. is another.
I'm all for adding chars to Brawl+! :)

I love the idea of adding characters that previously didn't exist in Smash. Baby Mario, Dark Samus, I'm psyched for anything that's balanced and implemented well!

yes... we can't have everyone... (:( mewtwo)
Yeah, I wish we could have Mewtwo!

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Why just 7? There's 50 CSS Panels allowed, if I recall correctly. That includes duplicate panels, which can be changed to have alterations.

However, just 7 more sounds a bit more feasible than having 50 playable chars. I'm just saying it should be possible to have more than 7 new characters, not that we should have them.

JCentavo

Smash Cadet
Why just 7? There's 50 CSS Panels allowed, if I recall correctly. That includes duplicate panels, which can be changed to have alterations.

However, just 7 more sounds a bit more feasible than having 50 playable chars. I'm just saying it should be possible to have more than 7 new characters, not that we should have them.
Correct.
By default there are 36 panels and 14 more are allowed..
With the one random select code (the one that's a good idea to have when arranging the css) you can have it anyway you like.
Even if it's uneven.

Off topic again:
Hey, can a code be made to make it possible to make it go over the 50 limit (like 54) ?

5ive

Smash Champion
I'm not one for too many of these characters as things can get pretty much out of hand. I would advise the WBR to limit these clone characters, if they ever do decide on releasing this in a Plussery Set.

Rouenne

Smash Apprentice
How do you add the red swings? I can't seem to make it work. Where do you put the file and under what name?

Rouenne

Smash Apprentice
I was play with Roy a bit and thought of something: Blazer has the same knockback regardless of the damege of the opponent, so why not increase the knockback the more damaged the opponent is? Also is it posible to use the DSmash animation in the Flare Blade instead of the Shield Breker animation?

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
To make this work, i have to take out the nightly build or plussery codes and insert roys cause the are included in it?

Rouenne

Smash Apprentice
Another detail, the USmash for some reason charges much slower than other Smashes, is it a glitch?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Another detail, the USmash for some reason charges much slower than other Smashes, is it a glitch?
Uncharged, his usmash comes out slower than Marth's but ends faster than Marth's IIRC.

IDK about why his smash takes longer to charge. It might be a graphical glitch due to Roy pushing the frame speed mod engine to its limits. That will be inevitably fixed in the future.

Also yes, Blazer always has set knockback. This means it can only kill if your opponent is really dumb. On the other hand, it will therefore always be a good GTFO move since the knockback is always strong.

timothyung

Smash Ace
The reason should be that the charge frames are also sped down by the frame mod code. So if we make it like this: "frame 1 to charge frame, slowed down; charge frame, normal speed; after charge frame to cooldown, slowed down; cooldown sped up", it should be fixed

generalsmash

Smash Rookie
I'm so glad that somebody finally added Roy. I always liked Roy more than Marth. Who's next? Mewtwo? I'm so pissed that I don't have a memory card :(

timothyung

Smash Ace
Mewtwo will not likely to be added as we can't create new moves yet, and there isn't a character with moves representing Mewtwo well. There are Dr. Mario, Dark Samus and Pichu being worked on, all the threads are in this board

Top Bottom