• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrabbing Captain Falcon

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
Usmash and Utilt work great against falcon.

I think chaingrabbing works good at above 70%

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure JFox has the percents right for the falcon chaingrab, the only discrepencies i have is w/ the space animal chain throws, but he is right about falcon. poor falcon.

JFox

Smash Hero
I wanna revive this topic because it was made ages ago, and I feel like it has some pretty good info. When I used to main fox, I always used CG's. I personally think the uthrow shine regrab at low percents is something useful that I never see a fox using. Lemme know what u think

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
whenever I play Fox vs. Falcon in friendlies, I uthrow -> waveshine regrab cause it looks too cool.
When their shine hitstun gets cancelled by their landing animation...doesn't that completely kill any chance to grab? I'm fairly sure that if the Falcon buffers a roll while they are in the air from the shine they'll escape all follow-up attempts.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
When their shine hitstun gets cancelled by their landing animation...doesn't that completely kill any chance to grab? I'm fairly sure that if the Falcon buffers a roll while they are in the air from the shine they'll escape all follow-up attempts.
you grab them before they land.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
then you cg them normally.... you can react to their DI and just do this for lulz and flash if they don't DI.

JFox

Smash Hero
rayn, you may be right at the higher percents, but its soo unexpected and under-used that I've always gotten away with it. Its basically like how marth's always fthrow three times when ur at 0...that **** doesnt actually cg, but its so close that you would have to see it coming and buffer.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
You can just start buffering a roll/sidestep after the first throw. *shakes head* I can't believe people are gettin' lolraped by that.

But I play Canadians so maybe its just different? Who knows?

I agree with it being a good mix-up if used sparingly Jfox/Strong. Oh, and I didn't know the percents for the Falcon CG so thanks for that too. : D

JFox

Smash Hero
Well obviously if ur opponent knows its coming and knows how to stop it, it wont work. But foxes get regrabbed all the time by falcon's uthrow jab regrab, and that has a wayyy bigger window than this. The point is to use it sparingly, and if u do that its almost guaranteed so long as ur opponent doesnt expect it.

Dont believe me? Try it for yourself. :)

unknown522

Some guy
At any time including 0%, falcon can jump out of your CG with no DI. If he DIs to the side, it works from about 20%-65%, then he can jump out of it.

unknown522

Some guy
falcon has really low hitstun compared to the other FFers. Being heavy also affects character's throw speed. Except for sheik's throws (go figure). It's like sakurai didn't test sheik or something.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah, most of the problem is the extra lag at the end of Fox's upthrow due to Falcon's weight. Upthrow -> nair/upsmash should still work depending on % though.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
remember that if you tell your opponent to mash for jump they'll probably mistime and fail :)

timing is pro

if falcon dis away just regrab from 20 - 65 but at 0 - 19 if they di away there's not much you can do so just like hope they don't di (usually a pretty good option) or use mindgames. alternatively to mindgames, if they di away your jab is actually okay here because his only combo-break option is to double jump back; anything else will be too slow and fall victim to regrab / u-smash, so if you predict him and do stuff (stuff includes and is not limited to nair or uair or u-smash where he's going to land and much much more) you like automatically kill him because then you're comboing a falcon devoid of a double jump. with fox.

>__________________>

otherwise just do ridiculous fox combo(s) 89 through 109 and remember to finish with them offstage at a random percent (it doesn't really matter)

you get exactly 9001 bonus points if you do a pseudo-combo that knocks them out of their attempt at double jumping out

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
vs. falcon after an upthrow
i just nair
and then when they're offstage, I bair.

JFox

Smash Hero
dthrow sux soo bad.

i always tech in place and blender the **** outta fox (peach dsmash, lol). also u could just not tech and than get up attack immediately b/c no one expects that ish.

dthrow works on dummies, which is why its funny when it works :)

soap

Smash Hero
You can just start buffering a roll/sidestep after the first throw. *shakes head* I can't believe people are gettin' lolraped by that.

But I play Canadians so maybe its just different? Who knows?

I agree with it being a good mix-up if used sparingly Jfox/Strong. Oh, and I didn't know the percents for the Falcon CG so thanks for that too. : D
i buffer everything nowadays too.

although u can look for peoples buffer patterns and punish those.

it's usually roll away lol

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
that'd be pretty ****. uthrow -> shine -> wait -> punish roll.

:bee:

oh yeah, I also remember at 0C3 I played a Fox as Falcon. he did uthrow -> waveshine -> grab. is that what you're talking about Jfox? cuz that's 2007 shiiit

JFox

Smash Hero
yea thats what im talkin about, and thats because I made this thread in 07 lol. look back at the first posts date.

this isnt technical at all. the chaingrab works, and the uthrow shine regrab is usually gonna work at least the first time, so just use it very sparingly.

JFox

Smash Hero
lol you thought i would made this stuff up now in 09?! lol i dont play fox anymore, this **** is an ancient hidden gem.

Top Bottom