• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CH5 CANCELLED (please unsticky)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
The fifth and LAST installment of the CH series is here. So bring your **** to

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4084

After running so many tournaments, I've decided to call it quits. If you've ever been to a CH, I'm sure you've had a good time, so try not to miss this last one!

Date
Saturday, February 14th, 2009

Place

This tournament is being held at the same venue as the original *Pound* and *Pound* 2. It's at the Mount Airy Volunteer Fire Hall. The street is

Twin Arch Road, Mount Airy, MD, 21771. It's right across from a TJ Max shopping center. If you're coming from Rt. 27, which most of you will be, you'll turn onto Twin Arch Road and the shopping center will be right there.

Price
$10 Venue Fee (sorry, but the place isn't cheap)
$10 Singles Entry
$20 Teams Entry (10 a person)

If you bring a full setup, you get 5 dollars off the venue fee. (only to the first 10)
If you bring a projector, you do not have to pay venue fee at all. (only to the first 1)

Schedule
10 AM - Doors Open
11 AM - Teams Signups
12 noon - Teams Begin
~4 PM - Singles Signups
~5 PM - Singles Begin
2 AM - Doors Close

If you are running late and cannot make it to the venue by 12 noon, call ahead of time to make sure you are entered in the bracket for teams. IF YOU DO NOT CALL YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY $5 EXTRA TO BE ENTERED. NO EXCEPTIONS (don't call if you aren't going to be late. yes, people have done it -.-)
410-925-1938

Rules

-- Best 2/3 (Finals 3/5)
-- 3 stock
-- 8:00 Time Limit
-- Ties broken by lives, then percentage.
-- Double Elimination
-- First Stage is either agreed upon or random (neutrals) after the initial selection of characters.
-- Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-- Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be picked twice if the choosing player has already won on that stage.
-- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.
-- Double Blind Character pick may be called at the beginning of every set.
-- Team Attack ON
-- Life Stealing allowed
-- Items set to OFF and NONE
-- 4 Neutrals: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Story
-- 11 Counterpick stages: Battleship Halberd, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 1, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise
-- Tactics such as Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, are banned.
-- NO Refunds
-- Bring your own controller
-- Any other calls/disputes will be settled by H2YL

Payouts

1st - 50% of the pot
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 5%
5th - 2.5% or money back

Payouts will vary depending on the number of entrants

Menu

This event will be catered by Jay Moran, and as we all know, the food is dank. CASH ONLY

Food Menu TBA
Two Selections of dishes (below) & rice (per plate) = $ 5.00

Drinks
One for $ .75 OR two for $ 1.25
Pepsi
Coke
Dasani
Mountain Dew

Set up of food will be displayed as such:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CH 4.5 Results (12/13/08): http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210559
CH 4 Results (9/07/08): http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193184
CH 3 Results (7/05/08): http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=180664
CH 2 Results (5/03/08): http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=166923
CH 1 Results (3/30/08): http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=161926

As always I need TV's/Wii's.

TV's (10)
Travis (2)
JCeasar (3)
Duo
Lil B
Mister E
Inui
Turkeywonder

Wii's (8)
Lil B
Inui
NeverKnowsBest
Kawaii Poyo
The Tantalus
Mister E
Nightshine
Turkeywonder

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Awesome, a nearby tourney!

Can I get a discount on the venue fee if I bring 3 TVs but no Wii?

Vik

Smash Cadet
Original pound venue was too good. But february 14th? Thats national "get some ***" day

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
Original pound venue was too good. But february 14th? Thats national "get some ***" day
thats why there is a smashfest vik.

and... even though i agree with vik, hopefully i'll be able to bring my **** to this tournament!

if it happens it will be fun, and if i dont make it... it'll be more fun!:laugh:

Duo55

Smash Ace
CH 5? Hmm I might come, and if I do I'll definitely bring a TV, but no wii. I've already had to replace like $100 worth of ****, and I'm not gonna do it again.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yeah I'll be at this, I may skip Philly and just go to this

screw long trips, this is 25 mins away and will be amazing

Good stuff Travis

chinesahh

Smash Lord
vik i would make it a different date, but the only time this place is open is the 14th

So its Valentine's Day. Not to rip on smashers but, how many really have gfs? -.-

Katsucon I can see being a problem, but this is @ the Pound venue. If we get 150 people (hopefully) we can accommodate them easily.

Also lil b these are c3 prices but with a better venue.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
should be fun, minus the whole lack of gf thing haha

nobody has one as far as i know, wow thats sad, but i know vik is a va-jay-jay lover!

but if its a good venue and its open, no johns and no girls hahahaah!

Niko_K

Smash Master
Maybe I'll save my money from Cat4 and come to this. Am I the only one completely confused with Cat4's rules?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
its about an hour drive for me and a ten dollar venue fee so I am most likley not going now and yes I john about an hour drive lol.

Lobos

Smash Master
lol @ smashers having GFs.....I got a baby mama......oh and this venue is worth the $10, pound 2 was too good

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: OH SNAP IT'S NIKO

LOL it's all good yo, don't worry about it! ^__^

We should play each other again, I have a feeling you've gotten lots better!

Niko_K

Smash Master
Same to you man! I honestly had no clue who the hell you were and my tournament mentality was pretty scrub then xD.

You're from GA?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: For the most part, yes. I'll be working hard to make this. Hope to see you there. ^__^

P.S. - Bring MDK, I have a feeling he and I will be smack talking the **** out of this tournament.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to katsucon over this, beating noobs and hot girls all day at brawl/3S/TVC/DDR and a chance at winning the "tourneys" they're having. Most likely laggy tv's, but whatever. Also, haven't asked him but Forte said he really wanted to go to Katsu so that might be one major person who isn't showing up cause of the date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom