• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

onski?

Smash Ace
i havent played an NHL game in soooo long....

WE NEED SOME CAPCOM VS SNK 2 AT THIS

this should be a smash tourney/gamefest

just play hella games after the tourney
honestly, i want to include a wider variety of games (i.e. not a Smash game). bringing in the SNES is an attempt to revive some overlooked classics, and test people on a competitive level. in a perfect retro-obsessive world, i could imagine Brandon and Phil commentating on some epic a$$ TMNT TF match..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2qANESCcg&feature=channel_page

also, suggest other titles here too! or just straight up bring them on Saturday. speaking of which

SET - UPS
talkin bout free water son
TVs
1. Onski
2. Onski
3. Onski
4. Onski
5. R00R
6. MacD
7. Dajuan
8. (SuperRad)
9. SFAT
10. $heen
11. $heen
12. $heen

GC's/Wii's/SNES
1. Onski - SNES
2. R00R
3. CubaIsDeath
4. MacD
5. Dajuan
6. Lucien
7. L
8. $heen
9. $heen

MacD

Banned via Administration
the bomberman on gamecube is awesome

the bomberman on n64 sucked terribly
i liked but hated the n64 bomberman, i liked the inovation but it was kinda dumb, but still fun, but the orignial is still better

and the gc 1 player mode *****, and so was the battle mode, it's on casey/whoever in bomberman

The___cheese

Smash Lord
Wasn't the gamecube one the one where you can both be in reach of the explosion and whoever gets hit first loses?

If so that one was dumb.

HugS™

Smash Lord
OMG I would destroy everyone in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

Oh, and I bought 4 Samsung 52" TV's, all of which were canceled. Gay.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I was looking at that "socal arcadian tournament" thread in Pac West Social and I thought something similar might be good in Norcal too. The idea is that you have a bracket that's only non-ranked people and a bracket that's ranked only people. Norcal brackets are hella hard so it would be nice to let the unranked people play people on their level.

We'd have to work out a format though, so here are some ideas:
-Just 2 separate non-interacting brackets. Problems are that most ranked people like the warm-up match against the unranked, and also unranked people like to get the experience of playing the top players.
-Amateur bracket plays first, top X play in pro bracket. Only problem with this is it deprived the ranked people of a few tourney sets. This might be solved by:
-2 sets of pools, a set of ranked players to determine seeding in the pro bracket, which would have a few slots open for the top X people from a set of pools unranked players. The seeding is fairly well-established among the ranked people though, so having them play pools might be just busywork. I dunno, I want to see what people think of this.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's "solved" simply by regularly running pools (or SWISS?!) when there's time

when there's not time, there's not time

and the real 'idea' wasn't to have two separate brackets; it was to have a tournament only intended for unranked players

edit: and such a gimmick tournament might be interesting once in a while but it should definitely not replace a standard event

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Only in the first round is everyone advanced, because it's pools of 4 and they go hella fast.
And it's a little easier to manage than regular Swiss.

If people want to do regular Swiss though I'm happy to see what we can do with that.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's easier to manage than "regular swiss" because it is pools

i.e. bracketpools (where everyone in a pool plays in a mini double elim bracket or something) (i just made up this term so it would fit my analogy, but the concept is a real thing) are faster than pools because they are brackets

"swiss pools" doesn't address any shortcomings of the regular pools system (which is already pretty good imo)

Top Bottom