• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Centex 2 Results... EPIC

LeeHarris

Smash Lord

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for coming. I hope everyone had a lot of fun and enjoyed themselves. I will definitely get the shoutouts up soon, but for now I need to get the results up so that everyone can post!

Singles:

1. Dojo (MK)
2. Infinity (MK)
3. Sethlon (Falco)
4. DMG (Wario)
5. d4ba (MK)
5. Wotts (Pit/ZSS)
7. UTDZac (G&W/MK)
7. Hylian (G&W/MK)
9. LeeHarris (MK/Ganon)
9. Cake (Fox/G&W)
9. PhantomX (Wario)
9. Santi (Toon Link)

That's all I have right now. I'll get the rest up soon.

Doubles:

The final 3 split. I can't remember how they decided to put the rankings, so I'll put them all as tied for 1st.

These are also the only teams that made it to bracket after Swiss.

1. Less Suck - d4ba/Dphat (Metaknight / Marth)
1. Om Nom Nom - DMG/PhantomX (Wario/Wario)
1. Captain Crunch - Infinity/UTDZac (Metaknight / G&W)
4. Origami - Hylian/Sethlon (G&W,MK / Falco)
5. Bottomless Pit - Wotts/Light (pit/Something? Help!)
5. Broken Arrow - Dojo/Santi (MK / TL)
7. Lee Harris' Foreskin - LeeHarris/Foursaken (MK/MK)
7. The Deadly Monarchs - taintus / bubbles (Lucario / Wolf)
9. B-Spam - DMK / Cake (MK / Fox)

There you go guys! Excellent work to Dallas for owning it up.

Please give me your opinions on the two formats! It will go a long way in determining how future tournaments will be ran. We will be hosting more D-Pad tournaments in the future and there will be much more planning and much more OOC/OOS attendance. Make sure to keep your eyes out!

I will also have the epic $100 MM between Hylian and I up on Youtube later!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I hated 2 stock :(.

I suicide too much and can never come back from it lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well, Om Nom Nom was in Grand Finals, but DMG had to go, so we did a split with top 2 (decided by rock paper scissors among Dallas people) and ended up getting first via RPS (as was the agreement among the top 3).

I believe it was decided that for bracket purposes or whatever it was

1. Om Nom Nom
2. Less Suck
3. Capn Crunch

I agree though, Dallas needs to stop winning :p

I also hated 2 stock with a passion, but it's ok though, I probably lost/struggled in most matches due to my ineptitude in picking counterpicks and what to ban XD

The swiss style was really fun, tons of matches, it was great, especially for a doubles tournament where there's less players.

And for hte record, I find it hilarious that DMG got fourth in singles again :D

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I disliked the two-stock format. Matches ended way too fast for me to actually enjoy them.

@Infinity (I think that's his name): Good shiz with Meta Knight, he's so delightfully broken.
@Hylian: >: \ ...You know what you did. Oh, and fun stuff with the hacked Brawl.
@Lee: Awesome tournament, good stuff in teams. Meta Knight...blegh.

---

But yeah, 2-stock is too icky, and swiss was pretty cool, but it took quite some time to finish. Time was definately not a factor.

Oh, and "having to leave" johns will explain my placing in singles.

I'll go again soon, but I probably won't enter any tournament...
I'll probably just go for the Genesis games...the layers upon layers of sexy Genesis games...

I realize that if I hadn't sucked during tournament, I could've bought 3 more Genesis games than I did when I left with that $20 more...

I blame this on Meta Knight and Sethlon...

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Even I think 2 stock is over too quick, and that's considering my biggest beef as a TO is Brawl taking too long.

Good **** everyone I played in Brawl friendlies, I'm bored enough of Melee (never thought I'd see the day) to maybe...... MAYBE learn Brawl. I was messing around with Fox and Lucario.

Hacked Brawl aka Brawl+, Brawl Pro edition, Brawlee, Melee 2.0-
Wavedashing is so hard! It's almost like learning it for the first time. It's a lot of fun now that I don't have to plan for someone to airdodge out of combos. Either me or Hylian, gonna be the first in Texas to have a tournament for it.

Something about Melee felt off that day. Dunno what it was.

Anyways, fun stuff, the Dpad is always a cool place to be even without a tournament and I had fun like every visit.

Later everyone.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Facing MK or D3 or Pit or Jiggles or anyone w/ multi jumps without airdodges = roflcopters. Just throwing that out there.

Don't remember if I played you or not, Mosquito... probably not... it's hard for me to keep track, lol. I'll give shoutouts a bit later.

TonyDpad

Smash Rookie
Thanks to everyone for coming out!!! We had a lot of fun and would love for everyone to come back out for the next tournament we have. To Dallas great job, you guys are solid players and it was fun seeing everyone pwn, everyone else it was great meeting all of you, I would love to learn from some of you guys. I wish i could have gone to drink with you guys but I was a bit tired, maybe next time we can all go to IHOP and have pancakes! The brawl community is one of the best ones that we have here and let us know if there is anything different that we can work on to make your stay a better one next time.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol. Hylian spew.
Too pro.
Yes, I got very drunk lol.

Apparently I'm amazing at brawl or something when I'm drunk. All I remember is 9ing someone lol.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
30 for singles and like 40 something for doubles

Best parts of the tournament:

Hylian / Lee MM
BBQ Party
Booze

By the way guys, Hylian invented a new advanced tactic. It's called the Hylian Spew. I won't go into too much detail, but it involves launching an entire half digested pizza at least 6 feet across my bathroom. It's an awesome trick

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol I got 4th and I left without even competing at all in the loser's bracket? That's it people, my name is now officially "4TH place or bust" lol. If this happens again at HOBO, I might have to choke a b****.

Also, yes OM NOM NOM got 1st through RPS, Suck Less got 2nd, and Captain Crunch got 3rd. Just confirming the results for Lee.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
30 for singles yet top was still infested Metaknights. Nice for team wario lol. Wish i could of been there.
It would have been like this
MM:
Furious falcon 2-0 Lee ganon ;)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
30 for singles yet top was still infested Metaknights. Nice for team wario lol. Wish i could of been there.
It would have been like this
MM:
Furious falcon 2-0 Lee ganon ;)
Ty, and NO SIR LEE WOULD HAVE WRECKED YOU!

His Ganon was beast that day.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Shout outs!

Lee: Awesome tournament my friend, very well run, and a lot of our matches were epic. I know you got hammered the night after, but I hope you remember when you CPed Rainbow Cruise and I went D3. That wall infinite above the boat into back throw was ****. Sorry I couldn't play as well as I did against Team less suck on Castle Siege throughout the tournament, but after only a night of teaming, I think we did alright. Thanks for teaming with me, and uber props for letting me crash at your pad.

Lee: "Did you guys set up a wrestling ring in my house? This is gay, and that's coming from me."

Too good Leeroy, just like your Ganon. Oh you got Olimar? Sparta kicked. IC's? Thunder stomped.

Santi: " Hey Santi, **** you guy. " But seriously, epic tournament matches, bro. First round was close, second round was a beautiful two stock, nice tech on the bair though, and third match, well; lets just say time was not on my side.

" Oh, 30 seconds left. WHAT?! MORE BAIR!!! EDGE GAURD, EDGE GAURD!! "

Dojo: Thanks for showing me how little I know about the Diddy matchup. I was going to go MK in friendlies, but he's so Broken. Arrow. Yeah, your the one team Lee and I never got to face. Boo. I'll have your sticker ready at OhSnap. Blue, white, and gold. Because white and gold looks to gay for my taste.

DMG: Snake dittos were fun, Shame we didn't hit in tournament. It was nice seeing you again, but just know if Wario ever gets banned, your the reason why.

Phantom: Ridiculous! First you 2 stock me, then I 2 stock you back, then you 2 stock me again. So stage dependent, none the less your a solid player. Sorry I couldn't consistently CG you. I normally always get it, but for some reason my fingers just said "No."

Hylian: Heard you got 3 stocked by Lee Harris' booze. But you were wrecking in friendlies! Get drunk more often, you pull 9's at the most opportune moments. Also, thanks for teaching me more about the G&W/MK matchup. Glad I can keep up with you, shows me that I'm improving.

Bear: If I had known you were going to play the way you did in our friendlies doubles, I would have picked you up. GG's, low tier battles on Barlw are too fun.

And to all the Dallas Smashers, only one things needs to be said.

Wee ow wee ow wee, wee ow wee ow wee, wee ow wee ow wee.

To anyone that I missed, GG's.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Constructive post is constructive:

2 stock is not good. 2 stock inherently caters to chain grabbers and to the character matchup more than the players. It leaves less time for the players to adapt and the original intent to reduce time was wasted as we had 5 or 6 open TVs about halfway through the day IIRC. On the other hand, 2 stock did force you to think harder, faster and better in order to offset the lack of time. At this moment I think the disadvantages of 2 stock outweigh the advantages, but I'm willing to give it another try at some point although I advise against it.

Swiss is fine, it just felt weird to lose twice and continue on. It does allow the stronger teams to continue on into the elimination bracket though. I have a lot of experience with Swiss from playing Magic and I love the system. Using Swiss for teams is good, but I don't think it's necessary for singles since singles usually takes more time than teams and we really don't need to be adding to that.

The tournament was run well aside from the bracket going kaplooey and if there are more Centex tournaments then I will almost definitely be attending them.

Highlights:
Lee beating Hylian's Ice Climbers with Gannon
Finally getting to play Dojo in tournament (hooray for 1-1, technically?)
Watching UTD Zac s**t wreck people in teams while I noobsauce it up
Wreslting Hylian at Lee's (1-1 again, wtf?)

Last but not least, an epic picture from the ride there. Don't they make a cute couple?

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Tournament was a success. Must play...more 3rd strike!

Quick Comments on tourny structure:
1=Swiss system takes a very long time to do. If consistency is the matter, running two doubles tournaments back to back might be a better idea.

2=2 stock 5 minute singles game. I do not favor it.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Lee: Kay, my thoughts on things now that I've had time to think about it.
2 stock matches...I kinda like. The increased speed is kinda cool, makes it so even playing as a campy falco things don't have time to get boring. If things hadn't gotten slow near the end singles would've finished really fast.
I like the Swiss system too. Being able to play good people right off the bat without getting knocked out for losing is pretty awesome. It did take a long time, but again that could've been because of running singles at the same time and the bracket muck up.
Your ganon is sexy, 'nuff said.
The party sounded fun :ohwell: Hope I can make it to the next one.

Hylian: Teams was fun :) Yay for winning ike dittos even though I can't wavedash, lol. I'm gonna get those hacks going, 's'way too much fun.

DMG/PhantomX: You guys are sick. Way to be everywhere at once.

Santi: Didn't get any matches in =/

D4ba: Yay for lasers that shouldn't work ^_^

Infinity: I'm not satisfied with how i played against you, but nevertheless they were good matches. Keep up the **** :smoke:

Dojo: The matches were entirely too good. I need to use my counterpick better next time, lol.

Fogo: ****in magic. :grr: :skull:

D-Pad guys: Your venue is awesome, and so are you guys. Lookin forward to the next one :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG: Snake dittos were fun, Shame we didn't hit in tournament. It was nice seeing you again, but just know if Wario ever gets banned, your the reason why.
Haha, I would be the reason Wario gets banned or something. :p

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
looked like everyone had a kickass time. 2 bad the swiss system didnt work out
It worked out fine...

It is perfect for a doubles only tournament :). I doubt you could do Swiss singles and doubles though. It would take too long.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
I change my mind. Considering the tournament being mainly doubles; the swiss system worked out very well.

GGs to everyone that I played. For those who played me in 3s...**** wreck!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Alright, first time doing shoutouts, let's see how this goes.

Fogo: Great D3. Most of your props are from being like the only person there to not officially play anything, hahaha.

ZSDK: Finally met you, good friendlies we had, man.

DMG: Beast partner, cool guy. Way to beast up the doubs scene :p

Hylian: You get props for driving me to my first tourny, but then you lose them for dumping me onto DMK :p Fun friendlies, great doubles matches, some were very intense.

Sethlon: You're every bit as good as I heard you were. Counterpicking Norfair was probably a terrible idea, that place is too huge XD I'll figure out how to ground break every time by next trny so that you won't get them easy kills on me :p

DPhat/D4ba - cool guys, good Dallas rep, first time I split a pot w/ anyone (or get a pot to begin with) :p

Infinity - really cool guy, great singles matches... I'll be beating myself up over forgetting to ban Weegee's for ages XD Good stuff in doubles too, and our friendlies. Yelling stuff out as we play against each other is too good.

UTD Zac - I love your G&W, man. Probably the most aggro one I've played. If people don't keep a very cool head against you they're in trouble. UPSMASH > UPSMASH combos! :p

BadNewsBear - Great friendlies, crazy Pikachu... too many QACs. You were less big than a bear though, so I was a bit disappointed :( Pimping armband though.

Doctor Mario Kart - lifesaver, thanks so much for driving me home. Great match, too... never again will I purposefully pick FD against an MK, lol.

Foursaken - first D3 I ever play in tourny. I certainly wasn't expecting the outcome on SVille, and then I cried on Yoshi's when you utterly ***** me XD Fortunately I pulled off the win on Brinstar (was only 1 stock, not 2).

LeeHarris - for having the biggest balls

DPad - great venue, very comfortable to play in even with 40 people.

Kal - for your sheer Brawl hatred :p

Broken Arrow - great stuff guys, every bit as good as I heard you were. Santi for best TL anywhere :p

Don't remember your names, but those two guys that ganon beasted DMG with a team Murder Choke > Warlock Punch.

Shkan - for driving my partner, good friendlies and doubles matches, and epic Manly Olimar games.

Espy - Best Sonic... but still a Sonic :p

Double Warios - they're amazing, and everywhere at once ^_^

Green Greens - b/c that stage is hilarious and we're undefeated on it XD

Swiss format - great for a doubles trny. Can play a bunch of matches w/o worrying too much about losing.

My favorite quotes of the day, biased of course, were:

Someone team I don't remember: "Dude, stop getting in my way!" "Man, I can't! I don't know what to do, there's ****ing two of them and they're everywhere!"

UTD Zac (saying this to Infinity as DMG and I hope around in his face trying to bait him out): "Just let them dance, man, just let them dance).

Too good, great first tourny experience. Definitely motivated to play more. Thanks to all of you who made it memorable and worthwhile!

Gnes

Smash Master
good job guys who placed well...especially sethlon whos apparently got his magic back :)

Infinity...u think ur good...u are...good stuff man...See u at OH SNAP...kirbycide batches!!!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG: Beast partner, cool guy. Way to beast up the doubs scene :p
Why thank you, you were clutch as well good sir. Also, remind me to never pick Frigate again lol. Especially twice :p

LeeHarris - for having the biggest balls
Mine are bigger, he would know after last night :O

Kal - for your sheer Brawl hatred :p
He beasted me in Melee, but I almost pulled a win in that Falcon Ditto on Dreamland. I will practice more, he wave shined my *** and made me wanna start doing that to people again lol.

Don't remember your names, but those two guys that ganon beasted DMG with a team Murder Choke > Warlock Punch.
I got *** ***** harder than Lee ***** with Ganon.

Double Warios - they're amazing, and everywhere at once ^_^
OM NOM NOM!

My favorite quotes of the day, biased of course, were:

Someone team I don't remember: "Dude, stop getting in my way!" "Man, I can't! I don't know what to do, there's ****ing two of them and they're everywhere!"

UTD Zac (saying this to Infinity as DMG and I hop around in his face trying to bait him out): "Just let them dance, man, just let them dance".

Too good, great first tourny experience. Definitely motivated to play more. Thanks to all of you who made it memorable and worthwhile!
"There's fu**** two of them" lol my fav.

Kal

Smash Champion
Ok, I normally don't do shout outs, especially for a Barlw tournament, but I have some **** to say:

Bwett - Math majors ****ing **** at life.

Dojo - All I remember is you getting up in the morning and saying "I'm ready for Hobo 12."

Sethlon - I'm going to **** at Accent Core. Once I acquire a copy of the game, that is. >_>

DMG - Our Falcon ditto was close. Also, yay for wanting to start up Melee again. Melee is NEW AND EXCITING!

d4ba - zomg pokur muny match cuz sum1 mentund b-ing gud @ it

UTDZac - Wow, so Marth + Peach is better than The Father + The Son + The Holy Ghost. Hopefully Bluezaft doesn't ruin my chances of teaming with you, because that **** was fun.

Hylian - There's no vomit emote on SWF, but if there were, I'd spam the **** out of it.

LeeHarris - Wikipedia drunk. Also, your girlfriend cares too much about other people. Tell her to be more selfish.

PhantomX - Iron Man > The Dark Knight. It's a fact, because Bale is a horrible actor, and Robert Downey Jr. is awesome.

Infinity - Melee Melee Melee Melee Melee!

Light - Right, so IM me if you're interested in the homebrew crap. There's a SWF thread somewhere that also gives a very good explanation. There are codes which you can use which don't try to change Barlw's ****ty engine into a good one, such as the unlimited replay length code and a code for removing the limit on the number of replays you can store.

King Mosquito - Pretty sure you got tired of Melee because you played the same person over and over for several hours, and you got *****.

On the Swiss format:

People need to stop being ********. In terms of what shows consistency, it's obvious Swiss > DE. Swiss into DE was a very good idea, because you earn the consistency of Swiss placings with the finals of DE. When it's only Swiss, there's no final match, and people tend to lose interest. While it's agreed that Swiss takes a very long time, if you're only running one tournament, there's nothing wrong with Swiss. Swiss can handle several entrants by its very nature (just look at USCF chess tournaments). The only reason to choose DE over Swiss is due to time constraints, or simply a personal preference.

On the two-stock format:

If I recall, Lee did not even care about singles at his event. But the attendance for a doubles-only event may not be enough, so Lee held a singles event. But when you have a Swiss event running, that is a huge time consumer. For that reason, he shortened the length of Barlw matches by removing a stock. If I know Lee, he's not arguing, at all, that Barlw should be played with 2 stocks, or that 2 stocks are the ideal amount, or anything of the sort. It was played that way strictly due to time constraints.

iLight

Smash Lord
swiss system was awesome, loved playing so many doubles matches. only complaint i had and i voiced it to lee was that my team in particular got unlucky in bracket by playing same exact teams we played in pools ftw/ftl

broken arrow - i shall defeat you someday <3

team origami - that first match we did in the brackets was too fun! random,kirby VS. random, sethlon(because we all know he plays the turkey character), donkey kong for me pit for you, i can't believe we won, i will get bear to put that match on youtube because it ended up being saved on his wii

sethlon - i shall defeat you someday <3

hylian - 10 dollar random 3of5 money match next tournament, also your hilarious when your drunk

bwett - i love you dude, sorry for having to beat you, and then losing for not wanting to play metaknight

jeff - good job with keeping up college stations rep top 5 ftw

kal - i shall keep up with melee a bit more so i don't get my **** embaressed next time we meet, also i will check out that homebrew stuff once i buy an sd card

santi - stop spreading the plague

dojo - mk.....

lee - again tight tournament, thanks for letting us stay at your place, your parents are too cool, they offered us breakfast when we were leaving lol!

cake - that was too funny when bear just like pinned you up on the wall with the strength of 10 bears and starting beating on you, then he got jumped by 2 people hahaha

ps... marth and falco can go die in a hole, and that goes for melee marth too

Santi

Smash Lord
*Inserts fever johns*
=)

Oh and Lee I think I left my math book at your house. lol.

Looks like I can't do homework tonight :D

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I has shoutouts

*Inserts fever johns*
=)

Oh and Lee I think I left my math book at your house. lol.

Looks like I can't do homework tonight :D
lol, Greatest excuse ever.

"Uhhh, I left my math book at a party in New Braunfels :( "

Shouts! As few as I have:

Dallas - Weeoooweeeoooweee </inside joke>

Sethlon - It was good playing against you again dude, your Falco is a work of art sir. I wish we would have had more time for you to give me some pointers on him though. Smart counterpicks, I was SUPER nervous in that last game when you got so far out ahead dude.

Hylian - It was good to play you again dude, even if the rules were pretty ****ty. You seemed pretty pissed off after the match though dude, hope I didn't do anything to offend anyone. You got me back at Lees though, you monkey mother ****er.

Dojo - First time playing each other in tournament and we're dead even in games (4-4 baby!). Our matches are too good! I'm surprised the screen didn't explode from all the awesome and the brokenness. Also, I'm never playing you first thing in the morning again. (And you still owe me a post on the Metaknight forums,. focker!)

PhantomX - Good job for your first tournament dude, keep that kind of play up and I'm sure people will have their eyes on you in the future. OM NOM NOM NOM NOM, which leads us to...

DMG - I have forever ruined Luigi's Mansion for you, muahahahahaha! Also, I'm pretty sure this is the first tournament that we've both attended where we didn't have to play each other. Which leads us to...

Shiken! - You got better dude, keep it up. You and DMG are coming up to Dallas this weekend for the tournament right? We've got one Friday night and Saturday afternoon, I'm sure you guys could stay with DPhat if you wanted.

Lance Harris - Thanks again for housing half of the tournament dude. You ran everything pretty well and kept everything mostly clean and mostly funny, if not very dirty and very funny. You're like the only person I didn't get a picture with though ****it. Though I'm not sure how a camera could hold that much manliness and awesome on one screen with both of us on it.

Santi - Stop being so sick! Also, I hope you get over your cold :p

Everyone else - You're all automatically awesome because you play Smash.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
How did you ruin Luigi's Mansion for DMG? o_O

And thanks for the props, man. Hopefully I can provide as strong a showing at Hobo 12, should I go :p

Kal

Smash Champion
Why does Metaknight do so well on Luigi's Mansion?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's just a retardedly good stage for MK and amazingly bad for Wario... that's why when infinity counterpicked me there i was like... oh ****, and knew I'd lost XD I'd much rather play an MK on RC, where Wario can hold his own. And it's not even only b/c of the reason Kal posted.

Good stuff 2 stocking him though, I did better against you there :X

Top Bottom