• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celica hears Smash's Call!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So I just had a thought. It likely wouldn't happen, but...

How would you react if Celica gets in, and is completely unique...and brings Mae along as her Echo Fighter? Celica with the Beloved Zofia, and Mae with the Ladyblade. It'd also allow for a Simon/Richter style spell overlap to flesh out their movesets.
As long as one of Mae's taunts is her shouting "I'M AT THE TOP OF MY GAME!" then I'm perfectly fine with this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe for her neutral special, instead of (presumably) Fire/Ragnarok for Celica, Mae would take a page from Chrom and use a different character's special. In this case, she'd echo a tomeless version of Robin's Thoron, but the stages are called Lightning, Big Lightning, Hurty Lightning, and Big Hurty Lightning. :p

Maikou

Smash Ace
So I just had a thought. It likely wouldn't happen, but...

How would you react if Celica gets in, and is completely unique...and brings Mae along as her Echo Fighter? Celica with the Beloved Zofia, and Mae with the Ladyblade. It'd also allow for a Simon/Richter style spell overlap to flesh out their movesets.
Maybe for her neutral special, instead of (presumably) Fire/Ragnarok for Celica, Mae would take a page from Chrom and use a different character's special. In this case, she'd echo a tomeless version of Robin's Thoron, but the stages are called Lightning, Big Lightning, Hurty Lightning, and Big Hurty Lightning. :p
That would literally be the absolute best possible outcome and absolutely nothing could possibly sour my opinion of Sakurai and his team if they did that.

The only issue is that there wouldn't be any reason to play Celica once you get Mae. :p

Nah, but seriously, that would be the best thing ever. Mae is the absolute best character in SoV.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That would literally be the absolute best possible outcome and absolutely nothing could possibly sour my opinion of Sakurai and his team if they did that.

The only issue is that there wouldn't be any reason to play Celica once you get Mae. :p

Nah, but seriously, that would be the best thing ever. Mae is the absolute best character in SoV.
She's definitely one of my favorites, haha. Personally among the SoV cast she's number four for me, right under Celica, Silque, and Tobin, but right above Saber.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
She's definitely one of my favorites, haha. Personally among the SoV cast she's number four for me, right under Celica, Silque, and Tobin, but right above Saber.
I was so glad that they made Alm and Celica's main comrades (Gray and Tobin / Mae and Boey) so immensely likable. They're the ones that interactions and story occur most often with, and it lended tons to character and plot development. A top list of characters is impossible to do without leaving somebody just as great out, because it feels like nearly every character has a special flare to them.

In no order: Alm, Gray, Tobin, Lukas, Clair, Forsyth, Python, Celica, Mae, Boey, Genny, Saber, Leon, and Conrad would round it out nicely. Though if we were talking about best units, Boey certainly wouldn't be anywhere near this list

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
All in for more Echoes. Mai was a enjoyable character, quite helpful as well. And a unique Celica would be great. Don't have the highest hopes for her, but still would love to see her. Alm to hopefully. Why nobody likes him??
Personally I think Alm is boring in terms of character and Smash potential. I know people say this a lot, but Alm is just another Flachion user which I think gives FE a bad rap among Smash players. Fire Emblem has other lords who could represent the series better (Hector and Ephraim come to mind) and even if you're limited to just Shadows of Valentia, Celica stands out more.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Personally I think Alm is boring in terms of character and Smash potential. I know people say this a lot, but Alm is just another Flachion user which I think gives FE a bad rap among Smash players. Fire Emblem has other lords who could represent the series better (Hector and Ephraim come to mind) and even if you're limited to just Shadows of Valentia, Celica stands out more.
I feel that Alm's combat and dungeon animations would make for quite a unique fighter honestly. He doesn't seem much like Marth or his descendants, more like a more refined and less brash Ike. If Celica is gonna be a echo or semi-clone, I want Alm as well.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So what taunts do you guys want her to have?

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Just found out that Celica's Ragnarok in Fire Emblem Heroes can be refined in the next update. I have been waiting for it since she has kind of have been outclassed by other infantry mages like Lilina as of late. If I had to guess Ragnarok's new effect will only take 1 HP when full like her instead of 5 similar to her brave alt and maybe boost all her stats when attacking at full HP like Beloved Zofia. Also hoping renewal is added as one of Ragnarok's effect so her HP can be sustained. Any other possible ideas what else her new refines could be or hope for?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No idea. I only have Warrior Priestess Celica. Speaking of Ragnarok, it could function very similar to Roy's Flare Blade but as a more ranged attack I always felt.

D

Deleted member

I'm all in for supporting Celica. Certainly a good option in the realm of a Fire Emblem Swordfighter that's still unique. Sure she'd have some stuff in common with Robin, but she has enough to work with as her own character.

Though she could also be an Echo of Robin. That's actually quite funny how Alm and Celica, the protagonists of Fire Emblem ECHOES, are both Echo fighter options.

Alm as a Marth Echo
Celica as a Robin Echo

Granted I don't see either happening since I'm willing to be Sakurai still thinks Fire Emblem might be getting too crowded (and having two Marth echoes might not be received well). But I still support Celica.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So wishful thinking time. Assumin Spirits is some sort of story mode, which characters on the roster would you be most excited to see Celica interact with?

D

Deleted member

So wishful thinking time. Assumin Spirits is some sort of story mode, which characters on the roster would you be most excited to see Celica interact with?
Palutena and Robin are the ones that come to mind to me. Robin because of the whole "swords and tomes" thing, and Palutena because Celica is a priestess in service to a goddess in her own game (or at least she has a FE Heroes incarnation that is exactly that)

Maikou

Smash Ace
I can imagine her recruiting Pichu or Jigglypuff the same way she tries to adopt a stray kitty in Echoes. And then she gets completely surprised when they leap to defend her and either Pichu obliterates a Primid or Monoeye with a quick Thunder, or Jigglypuff uses Rest and the foe explodes. After a battle, I'd imagine her casting Recover on whichever Pokemon joins her, and then they fall asleep in her arms as she walks off.
Palutena and Robin are the ones that come to mind to me. Robin because of the whole "swords and tomes" thing, and Palutena because Celica is a priestess in service to a goddess in her own game (or at least she has a FE Heroes incarnation that is exactly that)
Yeah, Celica is a priestess of Mila. I can imagine Celica and Pit would get along well, since they're both devoted to their goddesses.

It would also be interesting to see Celica interact with Zelda. The current Zelda is pretty energetic and doesn't really take herself as seriously as Celica, so it'd be a fun contrast with her fellow mage princess.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
I haven't been vocal enough so I'm sorry I haven't been that around that much.

Question for all do you think Celica still has any chance In getting in? I'm kinda thinking DLC might be a possibility.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I haven't been vocal enough so I'm sorry I haven't been that around that much.

Question for all do you think Celica still has any chance In getting in? I'm kinda thinking DLC might be a possibility.
DLC is definitely a possibility. She's still somewhat recent and, while a Three Houses character is more of a gamble, Celica has proven to have incredibly high popularity.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Honestly I would say Celica's best chance was getting on in the base roster and that is looking unlikely at this point. There is a slim chance she could get in as DLC but the problem there is that there are several characters like Alm, Anna, Fjorm or a Three Houses character for them to choose from as well. While I would welcome Celica I feel like they are only going to pick one Fire Emblem character for DLC when the time comes and she has a lot of competition for that (and I hate the term) 'slot'.

D

Deleted member

I really would like Celica in Smash. She would, in my opinion, be like the finishing touch to the FE character cast in Smash!

I support!

Last edited by a moderator:

xNaz

Smash Cadet
Alright so here's the deal:

Robin and Celica only share two spells at best and functionality of magic is vastly different in Awakening vs SoV. Her fire spell is pretty much the same as Robin's Arcfire but her thunder spell is nothing like Thoron and casts more like Pikachu's down special. Traditional wind magic doesn't exist and Celica couldn't use Nosferatu. Additionally, magic spells aren't cast by tomes which are a pivotal part of Robin's moveset and the closest thing to a Levin sword isn't available in her half of the story.

That isn't to say that I wouldn't like Celica, I'm just pointing out why she doesn't make for a good echo of Robin just because she uses a combination of swords and magic.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Man, I'd love to have Celica in any form- I watched the Support Science video about her yesterday and remembered how much I liked her in Echoes.

Robin and Celica only share two spells at best and functionality of magic is vastly different in Awakening vs SoV. Her fire spell is pretty much the same as Robin's Arcfire but her thunder spell is nothing like Thoron and casts more like Pikachu's down special. Traditional wind magic doesn't exist and Celica couldn't use Nosferatu. Additionally, magic spells aren't cast by tomes which are a pivotal part of Robin's moveset and the closest thing to a Levin sword isn't available in her half of the story.

That isn't to say that I wouldn't like Celica, I'm just pointing out why she doesn't make for a good echo of Robin just because she uses a combination of swords and magic.
Well, even though Celica doesn't share spells with Robin, maybe some animations could change? She can use Excalibur instead of Elwind as an easy switch, she can use Fire pretty easily in place of Arcfire, and Nosferatu could be replaced by maybe a weak self heal with the same animation or Aura (its animation
kinda looks like Nosferatu- maybe hers just won't heal... huh... ironic for a priestess...). Celica's version of Thoron could easily be gutted and replaced with some other projectile, with my vote going to Seraphim. To account for the lack of tomes, she could damage herself like Pichu does, making her new Down Special heal more important than Robin's. As for the Levin Sword, just give her a base Beloved Zofia/Lady Blade/Royal Sword (thanks, Heroes) that hits like a normal move and doesn't break (somewhere in between Iron Sword and Levin Sword).

Sure, it's not cut and dry, but it really could work if they wanted it to. She wouldn't be too different from the Chrom changes- she gets three instead of two of her specials reworked, while getting a more standard blade.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Ness and Lucas can use PK Thunder and PK Fire despite never learning said moves in their respective games, so they can definitely work around Celica's magic. As for the sword, she could wield one of the royal swords in that she uses in FE Heroes that'd function as standard sword without wearing out.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So that old July "leak" is making its rounds again. Figured I'd let this thread know.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally I don't think it'd impact it one way or the other.

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Jumping in to show my support.

Besides Octoling, she's probably my most wanted non-third party character in Smash, and while I admittedly haven't played FE Gaiden nor Echoes (I plan to fix that sooner or later), I love her character design a lot, and the fact she's voiced by Erica Lindbeck is the cherry on top for me!

Cithara

Smash Rookie

Welcome to the Celica support thread.

Celica is the second main character in Fire Emblem Gaiden, and its remake, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. She is the childhood friend of Alm, the first main character. She was later separated from Alm and placed in hiding at an obscure temple. Celica's journey begins in a when the goddess Mila disappears, and she, along with three mage friends set off to find out what happened to Mila.

Having played Fire Emblem: Gaiden, I have enjoyed Celica's maps FAR more than Alm's maps. Alm's maps are just...tedious and boring. Personality-wise, I also find Celica to be a much more intriguing character. As the first main character in the Fire Emblem series to wield magick, Celica has the potential to be more than just another plain old sword wielder--and I intend to prove that. And since Fire Emblem: Gaiden is getting a remake, I could see Celica for Smash happening--if the game is as successful as Fates and Awakening.

Similar to Fire Emblem: Fates, in Fire Emblem: Gaiden, weapons never break--and if a unit wields magick, they'll lose HP when casting spells. How much HP they lose depends on the spell's level of power--and there are some spells that will even absorb enemy HP.

if we get 11 fire emblem reps and no waluigi im gonna kill somebody

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
if we get 11 fire emblem reps and no waluigi im gonna kill somebody
With Celica we'd only have eight.

Come on, man. Don't be that way, from one Waluigi fan to another.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Jumping in to show my support.

Besides Octoling, she's probably my most wanted non-third party character in Smash, and while I admittedly haven't played FE Gaiden nor Echoes (I plan to fix that sooner or later), I love her character design a lot, and the fact she's voiced by Erica Lindbeck is the cherry on top for me!
Fitting avatar, in that case. :p

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The kid version of Celica is a spirit. Has the regular/older one been seen as a spirit yet?

1541092936231.png

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The kid version of Celica is a spirit. Has the regular/older one been seen as a spirit yet?

View attachment 174621
That's actually kinda funny.

That being said I think she has a decent shot at being DLC if Three Houses is too new a la Rex. I'll save final judgment for when I see the music list. If there are a ton of Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia tracks, her days are probably up.

Top Bottom