• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celica hears Smash's Call!

Roberk

Smash Champion
So as a heads up, tonight Heroes is doing a small live stream showing off the CYL2 winners. Any last-minute predictions for Celica's?

I'm sticking with mine: Infantry Blue Tome, Uninheritable B-Skill based on her devotion to Mila, Legendary Tome with Seraphim, and her Rigain design.
1-2 range dagger with Golden Dagger, idk about skills

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So as a heads up, tonight Heroes is doing a small live stream showing off the CYL2 winners. Any last-minute predictions for Celica's?
Red: Infantry sword Veronica.
Blue: Infantry blue-tome Celica.
Green: Calvary axe-wielding Hector (really hoping CYL Hector is not another armored axe one)
Colorless: Infantry bow Ephraim.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
If they are doing the free CYL winner again, who would you pick? My choices are between Celica and Veronica. I already have both versions of Celica, though I am not exactly a big Veronica fan, she is alright. I'll just have to wait and see what they do with them.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
If they are doing the free CYL winner again, who would you pick? My choices are between Celica and Veronica. I already have both versions of Celica, though I am not exactly a big Veronica fan, she is alright. I'll just have to wait and see what they do with them.
Celica without a doubt. She's one of my favorite FE characters and I still don't have the original version of her.

Unless the other units are exceptionally amazing, I'm going to continue trying to save my +600 orb stash for the day Reina eventually comes to Heroes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Definitely Celica. Then id just need her Fallen version to have all three.

And for what it's worth, it's basically confirmed we're getting one for free. Someone asked Customer Service if they should pull their free CYL1 unit if they hadn't, and the responder said they should, as it won't be available after tonight. This points to it being replaced by a free CYL2 summon.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I'd have to see the art and stats/skills for all of them before I decide. I chose Lucina last year only thinking that a lance would be nice, but for a while I missed out on the meta-defining Brave Lyn and the premium fodder Brave Ike. I like all of them except for Veronica (just no connection), so it'll be hard.

Last edited:

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
I would love Celica (she is among my favorite Fire Emblem characters), but I feel like Fjorm would be selected to represent the highly successful Fire Emblem: Heroes. We have yet to have a mobile character in Smash, and she would be perfect (uses a Spear, has ice powers, etc.)

Hopefully, I'm wrong :p

Roberk

Smash Champion
"Hey, summoners! We have one more thing!"
CG trailer suddenly starts
Tagline: "Celica counts her blessings!"

It's super unrealistic, but let me dream.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I would love Celica (she is among my favorite Fire Emblem characters), but I feel like Fjorm would be selected to represent the highly successful Fire Emblem: Heroes. We have yet to have a mobile character in Smash, and she would be perfect (uses a Spear, has ice powers, etc.)

Hopefully, I'm wrong :p
I mean, if we had to get a Heroes character, I wouldn't mind Fjorm. She and Alfonse are pretty much the only two standout original Heroes characters for me, though it's pretty much only aesthetically in her case. :p

But yeah, I'd definitely prefer Celica, haha.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
"Hey, summoners! We have one more thing!"
CG trailer suddenly starts
Tagline: "Celica counts her blessings!"

It's super unrealistic, but let me dream.
This would be the greatest thing ever.

I don't remember: were Little Mac and Rosalina revealed for SSB4 during a Direct, or did their trailers just appear out of nowhere? If its the latter I feel like that would somehow give a sliver of hope for a Celica trailer popping up during the Direct.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I don't remember: were Little Mac and Rosalina revealed for SSB4 during a Direct, or did their trailers just appear out of nowhere? If its the latter I feel like that would somehow give a sliver of hope for a Celica trailer popping up during the Direct.
They were in general Nintendo Directs.

But yeah a Smash trailer definitely isn't happening considering the runtime of only eight minutes. :p

Roberk

Smash Champion

I know that Robin & Lucina just appeared on the site, so maybe we can get reveals outside of Directs. 99.99% not happening though lol.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know that Robin & Lucina just appeared on the site, so maybe we can get reveals outside of Directs. 99.99% not happening though lol.
Robin and Lucina's live stream was announced ahead of time. :p

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
I am all for Celica being playable, it's just that if she is any trace of her sword should be removed so idiots don't think she's "another anime sword fighter"

Oh yeah and I really don't want her to be a Robin echo, that'd be so obnoxious. She could use different magic based on the ones that appear in Echoes (Her side b could be where she uses seraphim and summons a large projectile for example) and if you really wanted to represent Echoes you could have her specials deal damage to her but to compensate she's able to heal for her down b. Just an idea though.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
They were in general Nintendo Directs.

But yeah a Smash trailer definitely isn't happening considering the runtime of only eight minutes. :p
And seven of those minutes will be reserved for Feh making stupid jokes that only serve to stall time.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Here's Celica's CYL2 art (Gaiden outfit)!

1534822471682.png

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Brave Celica's a sword lol. I guess Ragnarok Ω could always happen whenever Celica is made a legendary hero. They could give her her Rigain outfit there.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Brave Celica's a sword lol. I guess Ragnarok Ω could always happen whenever Celica is made a legendary hero. They could give her her Rigain outfit there.
The Gaiden design is quite fitting imo, maybe they'll save the "cooler" designs for Legendary Celica.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gaiden Outfit Celica is honestly amazing. This also gives me hope for Pantsless Marth and Dong Armor Alm in the future, and that's a beautiful thing.

Also Double Lion and Death Blow 4 wow.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Gaiden Outfit Celica is honestly amazing. This also gives me hope for Pantsless Marth and Dong Armor Alm in the future, and that's a beautiful thing.

Also Double Lion and Death Blow 4 wow.
Double Lion is a Prf, so I wonder if Death Blow 4 is inheritable. If it is, dear God...

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Well, I was kind of right about Celica granting her allies a +1 cooldown for their specials but I wasn't expecting it to come from the Royal Sword. Everyone this year seems to be good and while I am kind of disappointed that Brave Celica is another red infantry unit I'm sticking to my decision to use my free summon on her since her stats from the datamine do look good at least.

Edit: Misread Royal Sword's effect, it only affects Celica's special cooldown not her allies. Still sort of right about the cooldown for specials.

Obviously this means everyone should vote for Marth and Alm to win the men's side next year for CYL3.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Double Lion is a Prf, so I wonder if Death Blow 4 is inheritable. If it is, dear God...
Turns out it's inheritable.

The real winner of CYL2 was Reinhardt all along.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Well, I was kind of right about Celica granting her allies a +1 cooldown for their specials but I wasn't expecting it to come from the Royal Sword. Everyone this year seems to be good and while I am kind of disappointed that Brave Celica is another red infantry unit I'm sticking to my decision to use my free summon on her since her stats from the datamine do look good at least.

Obviously this means everyone should vote for Marth and Alm to win the men's side next year for CYL3.
Lowkey glad that Three Houses characters aren't in CYL 3 so that our bois can have another chance.

Turns out it's inheritable.

The real winner of CYL2 was Reinhardt all along.
Wouldn't be surprised if he won CYL 3 at this rate, most of the big contenders are out of the way and Reinhardt only grows with Heroes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The voice clips are up!

So the in-universe explanation for the Gaiden outfit is that it's the garb of "the warrior priestesses of old," as a cheeky reference to it being a design from 26 years ago.

Erica Lindbeck knocks it out of the park like always.

Maikou

Smash Ace
The voice clips are up!

So the in-universe explanation for the Gaiden outfit is that it's the garb of "the warrior priestesses of old," as a cheeky reference to it being a design from 26 years ago.

Erica Lindbeck knocks it out of the park like always.
Normal Celica using a sword?! For free?! In an actually pretty cool looking outfit?! I am all over this! Also, now I really hope that if Celica DOES manage to get into Smash, that her Gaiden outfit is a costume.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I've exhausted my orbs for now. In the end, I pulled two Brave Celicas in addition to the free one. Used one to give DB4 to OG Celica, and merged the other two. I'm thrilled!

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Nice to see Celica getting her classic design in Heroes. I was tempted to choose her as mine free summon, but in the end I chose Ephraim, (1) because Sacred Stones was mine first Fire Emblem game and (2) he fit perfectly with a team I was building. [Shrugs] Personally, I am extremely meticulous with mine teams. I aimed for Veronica next, and got her sooner than expected. Now I just need Celica. I don't know about Hector.

And darn it, I really regret putting the Tempest Trials off until the last day. Could have gotten a 5-star Joshua.

Anyhow, now that we know Echo Fighters can borrow from multiple characters, I wouldn't mind Celica being a mix of Robin, Corrin, and Marth.

She could have Robin's special attacks; however, unlike Robin, whom uses tomes that break after a while, Celica wouldn't have tomes at all. Instead, her magick attacks chip at her damage metre. The only special I see changing a little is her neutral special, which could be Light, Ellight, Shine, and Purge. They could be virtually the same as Robin's thunder spells, only with the light element and minor gameplay changes.

She could have mostly Corrin's physics; his running speed, his jump height, and his weight. Some moves she could borrow from Corrin are his three-hit jab, dash attack (with a different animation and a fire effect) up-tilt, down-tilt, f-air, and up-air.

Lastly, she could have Marth's smashes, n-air, back-air, and down-air, and grab game. Her f-tilt could be ripped from Marth's neutral-special, sans the shield-breaking mechanic.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Nice to see Celica getting her classic design in Heroes. I was tempted to choose her as mine free summon, but in the end I chose Ephraim, (1) because Sacred Stones was mine first Fire Emblem game and (2) he fit perfectly with a team I was building. [Shrugs] Personally, I am extremely meticulous with mine teams. I aimed for Veronica next, and got her sooner than expected. Now I just need Celica. I don't know about Hector.

And darn it, I really regret putting the Tempest Trials off until the last day. Could have gotten a 5-star Joshua.

Anyhow, now that we know Echo Fighters can borrow from multiple characters, I wouldn't mind Celica being a mix of Robin, Corrin, and Marth.

She could have Robin's special attacks; however, unlike Robin, whom uses tomes that break after a while, Celica wouldn't have tomes at all. Instead, her magick attacks chip at her damage metre. The only special I see changing a little is her neutral special, which could be Light, Ellight, Shine, and Purge. They could be virtually the same as Robin's thunder spells, only with the light element and minor gameplay changes.

She could have mostly Corrin's physics; his running speed, his jump height, and his weight. Some moves she could borrow from Corrin are his three-hit jab, dash attack (with a different animation and a fire effect) up-tilt, down-tilt, f-air, and up-air.

Lastly, she could have Marth's smashes, n-air, back-air, and down-air, and grab game. Her f-tilt could be ripped from Marth's neutral-special, sans the shield-breaking mechanic.
I think echoes have to keep the same stats and more or less the same moves as their source character. Celica would need Robin's weight and speed and slight variations of most basic animations to be based off them. Varying from the source character too much might mean they need re-balancing.

Maikou

Smash Ace

Dark Samus shows they can have extremely different animations, but Echo Fighters draw almost entirely from one character. Chrom's unique Up-Special is entirely his own move, not actually ripped from Ike, but the point does stand that at least one Special attack can be very different. Basically, if Celica is an Echo Fighter, she absolutely has to fit cleanly next to another FE character and play almost identically, to the point where you could almost consider her an alternate costume with slightly different properties and animations. The animations still have to result in logically the same hitboxes or types of sword swings, though, as we see Dark Samus and Samus' missiles and Charge Shots have virtually identical height when fired, despite the slightly different animations (ex. Dark Samus adopts a "firing from the hip" posture with her charged shot and missiles, Samus fires with a more professional position, but both bend their knees so their shots have the same height). Note that Dark Samus' dash attack, despite a very different animation, is still a shoulder tackle. Also, note that several of Dark Samus' attacks remain identical to Samus, including up, down, and back aerials, as well as up-special.

So, in summary, if Celica is an Echo Fighter of Robin, she can have at least one move of her own, but her stats must remain identical, her animations, though they can be quite different, can't be totally overhauled for the attacks, and most of her attacks and properties have to be the same as Robin's, which means that Celica's swordplay would be unrefined, and while she doesn't have to use tomes and can use her own animations for casting her attacks, most of them still have to be the same overall as Robin's.

Corrin simply doesn't work as the base for an Echo Fighter as their dragon powers are entirely unique to them, and making anyone an Echo of them would result in them gaining transforming lance-arms and mouth-hands, not to mention the few attacks Corrin has where they go full-on dragon. Marth has the same problems as Robin in the opposite direction, as while Celica's swordplay is refined and she has been a Marth clone before, we only know for sure that she can have one unique move, which would have to be a magic attack, but otherwise she's identical to him, and as I've said before, I highly doubt Sakurai would include a second Echo Fighter for Marth, for MANY reasons.

If Celica gets in, at worst she's a semiclone. Most likely, she'll be completely unique.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Figured I might as well share this here.

This is an old 4chan leak I've been following for a good long while. The post hasn't been edited in any way.
image.jpeg

To summarize...

- It says Simon would be in (post-Vergeben, but still)
- It claimed Isabelle was in almost a full week before Vergeben did
- It said Geno would be in...and now Vergeben is saying Square Enix is getting a newcomer
- It specified this was likely not all of the newcomers
- It knew of an August Direct that would reveal a character listed (Simon), though it was slightly off on the timeframe, but possibly due to leaker speculation(?)
- It claimed Ashley was still an Assist, which was shown in the Direct

Obviously being an anonymous 4chan leak makes it somewhat dubious, but hey, stranger things have happened. Still skeptical, personally, but...thoughts?

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Hmm, that leak does seem promising, probably worth keeping an eye on. But yeah, what song should Celica have for her trailer if she is a character? Full on Twilight of the Gods would be great.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hmm, that leak does seem promising, probably worth keeping an eye on. But yeah, what song should Celica have for her trailer if she is a character? Full on Twilight of the Gods would be great.
Twilight of the Gods or a brand new remix of With Mila's Divine Protection. On one hand, Robin (and Chrom and Lucina) got Id - Purpose, their endgame theme, so TotG would make sense. On the other hand, K. Rool got a brand new Gangplank Galleon remix for his trailer despite the song being in Brawl, so likewise, Celica could get a new remix of With Mila's Divine Protection.

Could go either way.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Maikou

Smash Ace

This is an old 4chan leak I've been following for a good long while. The post hasn't been edited in any way.
View attachment 159600
To summarize...

- It said Geno would be in...and now Vergeben is saying Square Enix is getting a newcomer
- It knew of an August Direct that would reveal a character listed (Simon), though it was slightly off on the timeframe, but possibly due to leaker speculation(?)

Obviously being an anonymous 4chan leak makes it somewhat dubious, but hey, stranger things have happened. Still skeptical, personally, but...thoughts?
I personally don't trust leaks at all and try to ignore them. Even assuming they're right, I don't like that people keep trying to reveal this stuff before Nintendo, Sakurai, and the rest of Smash's developers feel it's the right time. Sakurai has stated that the full roster will be officially revealed before release, and at this point, it just feels like the ultimate disrespect for the years-long hard work a lot of people have put into this game.

Anyway, concerning Trailer music, I feel like Unity, With Mila's Divine Protection, and A Blade on the Wind (Celica's first attack theme) should play. I believe I listed my reasons for this back when we all decided on the three music tracks we want Celica to bring to Smash with her if she gets confirmed.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Dark Samus shows they can have extremely different animations, but Echo Fighters draw almost entirely from one character. Chrom's unique Up-Special is entirely his own move, not actually ripped from Ike, but the point does stand that at least one Special attack can be very different. Basically, if Celica is an Echo Fighter, she absolutely has to fit cleanly next to another FE character and play almost identically, to the point where you could almost consider her an alternate costume with slightly different properties and animations. The animations still have to result in logically the same hitboxes or types of sword swings, though, as we see Dark Samus and Samus' missiles and Charge Shots have virtually identical height when fired, despite the slightly different animations (ex. Dark Samus adopts a "firing from the hip" posture with her charged shot and missiles, Samus fires with a more professional position, but both bend their knees so their shots have the same height). Note that Dark Samus' dash attack, despite a very different animation, is still a shoulder tackle. Also, note that several of Dark Samus' attacks remain identical to Samus, including up, down, and back aerials, as well as up-special.

So, in summary, if Celica is an Echo Fighter of Robin, she can have at least one move of her own, but her stats must remain identical, her animations, though they can be quite different, can't be totally overhauled for the attacks, and most of her attacks and properties have to be the same as Robin's, which means that Celica's swordplay would be unrefined, and while she doesn't have to use tomes and can use her own animations for casting her attacks, most of them still have to be the same overall as Robin's.

Corrin simply doesn't work as the base for an Echo Fighter as their dragon powers are entirely unique to them, and making anyone an Echo of them would result in them gaining transforming lance-arms and mouth-hands, not to mention the few attacks Corrin has where they go full-on dragon. Marth has the same problems as Robin in the opposite direction, as while Celica's swordplay is refined and she has been a Marth clone before, we only know for sure that she can have one unique move, which would have to be a magic attack, but otherwise she's identical to him, and as I've said before, I highly doubt Sakurai would include a second Echo Fighter for Marth, for MANY reasons.

If Celica gets in, at worst she's a semiclone. Most likely, she'll be completely unique.
Points well-taken. Again, I do agree that she should have her own unique moveset, since her skill with the sword is more refined than Robin's. That said, I was really just considering the worst case scenario.

View attachment 159600
To summarize...

Interesting. I would say that if Geno gets revealed, I might believe this more--but Geno, like Chrom, is a fairly obvious choice. He's popular, highly requested, and Sakurai even admitted that he wanted Geno in Smash. Still, fake or not, this is a better leak than most I've seen.

At any rate, we have less than four months worth of days until the release--and since we're more likely to get genuine leaks as it draws near, I fancy we don't have much longer to wait until every fighter is revealed. So we shall see.

'V'

Smash Lord
I would DEFINITELY be hyped for Celica in Ultimate if she makes the cut!! She's one of my favorite Fire Emblem characters and I think she could potentially add a good bit of variety depending on if she's unique or who she ends up Echoing (hopefully Robin)!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I just had a thought. It likely wouldn't happen, but...

How would you react if Celica gets in, and is completely unique...and brings Mae along as her Echo Fighter? Celica with the Beloved Zofia, and Mae with the Ladyblade. It'd also allow for a Simon/Richter style spell overlap to flesh out their movesets.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

How would you react if Celica gets in, and is completely unique...and brings Mae along as her Echo Fighter? Celica with the Beloved Zofia, and Mae with the Ladyblade. It'd also allow for a Simon/Richter style spell overlap to flesh out their movesets.
All in for more Echoes. Mai was a enjoyable character, quite helpful as well. And a unique Celica would be great. Don't have the highest hopes for her, but still would love to see her. Alm to hopefully. Why nobody likes him??

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

I can see the trailer now. After Celica is revealed, suddenly:

"Celica, get ready because I'm gonna help the heck outta you today!"

MAE Is On A Roll!

Let's just say I'd become even more hyper than she is.

All in for more Echoes. Mai was a enjoyable character, quite helpful as well. And a unique Celica would be great. Don't have the highest hopes for her, but still would love to see her. Alm to hopefully. Why nobody likes him??
Was really gunning for Alm to be a Roy echo, but it seems like his chances at playability are about shot at this point. I'd be happy to have him as an AT at least.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

I'd post this gif in reaction to it.

Top Bottom