• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celica hears Smash's Call!

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious, why the hover?
Mila's turnwheel, by the nature of the way I made it, severely limits her aerial mobility, which will hurt in adventure mode or any stage with a lot of platforms. It was that or give her an extra jump, and the hover works much better with her magic nature.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Is there a way to "join" the supporter list, because I don't see one in the OP, I would like to see Celica in Smash her design is really cool and her voice is really sweet.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Hey guys consider me a supporter for Celica and hey. Honest question if Celica made it in and was a Echo character for Robin would that bother you guys? Because tbh I believe she probably will be if she gets in and sorry if this had been brought up before was just curious to hear everyone thoughts on this topic.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hey guys consider me a supporter for Celica and hey. Honest question if Celica made it in and was a Echo character for Robin would that bother you guys? Because tbh I believe she probably will be if she gets in and sorry if this had been brought up before was just curious to hear everyone thoughts on this topic.
The way they swing their swords around isn't really all that similar. Also, I expect Celica to be a lot faster than Robin. She would be more of a glass canon with self damaging moves compared to Robin's slow and predictive playstyle.

In a way, I expect her to be a sort of mix between Marth, Zelda and Robin's playstyles. Much like how I envision Alm to be a sort of mixture between Marth, Roy and a bit of Ike.

I imagine her sword based attacks to be much like Marth's, but with shorter range. She probably would have a similar build to Marth as well, quite good in the air, maybe a tad lighter than him however as she's mainly a Priestess and not primarily a swordfighter, and not as fast either. She would compensate with strong magical ranged attacks, great Smash attacks infused with magic, and a awesome mix up zoning game with lots of options. Trade off would be that she's light and self damaging. She's very offensive, but can't simply rush in everywhere at any given time.

Also, she might be build off from Robin, but I always imagine her Fire Magic working much like Zelda's Din's Fire. She could potentially borrow Robin's Thunder / Thoron attack, but I can't really see her using much more of his moveset honestly. They are quite different from each other after all. Can't really imagine Celica using Elwind or Nosferatu for example.

Anyone else wanna see Alm however? He would also probably enjoy the tipper mechanic of Marth, as they both use a Falchion that's pretty much the same.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
The way they swing their swords around isn't really all that similar. Also, I expect Celica to be a lot faster than Robin. She would be more of a glass canon with self damaging moves compared to Robin's slow and predictive playstyle.

In a way, I expect her to be a sort of mix between Marth, Zelda and Robin's playstyles. Much like how I envision Alm to be a sort of mixture between Marth, Roy and a bit of Ike.

I imagine her sword based attacks to be much like Marth's, but with shorter range. She probably would have a similar build to Marth as well, quite good in the air, maybe a tad lighter than him however as she's mainly a Priestess and not primarily a swordfighter, and not as fast either. She would compensate with strong magical ranged attacks, great Smash attacks infused with magic, and a awesome mix up zoning game with lots of options. Trade off would be that she's light and self damaging. She's very offensive, but can't simply rush in everywhere at any given time.

Also, she might be build off from Robin, but I always imagine her Fire Magic working much like Zelda's Din's Fire. She could potentially borrow Robin's Thunder / Thoron attack, but I can't really see her using much more of his moveset honestly. They are quite different from each other after all. Can't really imagine Celica using Elwind or Nosferatu for example.

Anyone else wanna see Alm however? He would also probably enjoy the tipper mechanic of Marth, as they both use a Falchion that's pretty much the same.
Oh I agree 100% she nothing like Robin and you make some great points about how her moveset would be different too Robin's. It's just a gut feeling I have that Sakurai would make Celica a echo fighter. Let's hope my gut feeling will never come true.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I would be okay with Alm. I do think his chances are very low however and I don't really hear his name passed around much.

I don't know if he should use a tipper mechanic since I imagine Alm being a heavy hitter based on what I saw of how he attacks in Echoes. Not a big hitter like Ike but maybe something closer to Roy?

Another thing to point out that Marth and Alm wield different swords despite both of them being called Falchion. Marth's Falchion is capable of slaying dragons easily but Alm's Falchion kills gods (despite most gods in Fire Emblem being dragons). They even have different designs and I believe Alm's Falchion is bigger in size.

But yeah I would like to see an Valentian rep in Smash though I think Celica is more likely than Alm.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would be okay with Alm. I do think his chances are very low however and I don't really hear his name passed around much.

I don't know if he should use a tipper mechanic since I imagine Alm being a heavy hitter based on what I saw of how he attacks in Echoes. Not a big hitter like Ike but maybe something closer to Roy?

Another thing to point out that Marth and Alm wield different swords despite both of them being called Falchion. Marth's Falchion is capable of slaying dragons easily but Alm's Falchion kills gods (despite most gods in Fire Emblem being dragons). They even have different designs and I believe Alm's Falchion is bigger in size.

But yeah I would like to see an Valentian rep in Smash though I think Celica is more likely than Alm.
Well, the original version of Alm's Falchion is indentical to Marth's. But with Fire Emblem Echoes, the design changed a little to a inbetween version of both Marth's Falcion and the Falchion in Awakening as used by Chrom and Lucina. But I do think that Alm could potentiall have a tipper effect.

Alm's style seems most like Roy's indeed, except for the back handed stance he uses with his Sword of Seals. Actually, all the sword animations Alm uses in Echoes would very easily translate into Smash. He fights rather rough, but it's not as power based as how Ike does it. So really Alm doesn't fit either's fighting style.

Yeah and that "God" Alm slays is a dragon anyway. So yes the swords are exactly the same in function.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, it's weird, but thinking about it, Celica has had a minor presence in Smash Bros. since Brawl.

Granted, it's through a name drop on Mila's Divine Protection (subtitled as Celica Map 1), but still. It'd also be a no-brainer choice for her reveal trailer music.
image.png

Last edited:

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
What alts would you guys want for Celica if she got confirmed?
My personal wish would be a possessed alt it would have her red eyes and even her voice would change slightly like Ike's. Its a small one but i honestly think it would be really cool.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What alts would you guys want for Celica if she got confirmed?
My personal wish would be a possessed alt it would have her red eyes and even her voice would change slightly like Ike's. Its a small one but i honestly think it would be really cool.
Either her Rigain costume or her OG Gaiden costume would be my preference for Alts. Ideally, something like this:

1. Default Celica
2. Green hair, blue clothes (referencing Alm)
3. Pink hair, light pink clothes (referencing Mae)
4. White hair, green clothes (referencing Boey)
5. Red-Orange hair, brown clothes (referencing Saber)
6. Brown hair, gold clothes (referencing Valbar)
7. Lavender hair, purple clothes (referencing Leon)
8. Rigain Celica

That way she references Alm and most of her Act II party members, and has her Overclass outfit.

Also in other news I finally pulled Celica in Heroes today and I'm thrilled. :D

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
1. Default Celica
2. Green hair, blue clothes (referencing Alm)
3. Pink hair, light pink clothes (referencing Mae)
4. White hair, green clothes (referencing Boey)
5. Red-Orange hair, brown clothes (referencing Saber)
6. Brown hair, gold clothes (referencing Valbar)
7. Lavender hair, purple clothes (referencing Leon)
8. Rigain Celica
Oh stop you making me too exciting thinking about this, Please Sakurai just gives us Celica and I'm done for life
Also in other news I finally pulled Celica in Heroes today and I'm thrilled. :D
Congratz but now I'm mad I still need her as well :sadeyes:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh stop you making me too exciting thinking about this, Please Sakurai just gives us Celica and I'm done for life
She and Decidueye (well, and a Chrom echo) are my main wishes this time around mainly due to reasons of time sensitivity, you know? She could offer so much that it'd suck if she were passed over.

Congratz but now I'm mad I still need her as well :sadeyes:
If it makes you feel any better she got literally the worst IV spread imaginable: +Def -Atk. I patched her up with a +Atk seal for now so she still hits as hard as a neutral one, but I'm definitely springing for merges next time she's on a banner. :p

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I've only played Fire Emblem Awakening for my 3DS. But, I'm planning on getting Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I support!

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
this time around mainly due to reasons of time sensitivity, you know? She could offer so much that it'd suck if she were passed over.
I get you dude after playing Echoes last year I pretty much have fallen in love with Celica's character and I would love to see her in more games if possible. Speaking of time I believe the timing is just right for Celica or Alm to join the roster but bias aside I think Sakurai knows another Falchion wielder would be overkill.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So here's a question. If Celica gets in, it'll more than likely be because Sakurai liked the idea of Valentian magic in Smash to juxtapose Robin's more traditional magic. With that in mind, what are the odds of Celica be able to use spells she's not usually able to perform, like Nosferatu, Silence, Invoke, Sagittae, or (in the case of Gaiden only) Aura?

Luminario

Smash Lord
So here's a question. If Celica gets in, it'll more than likely be because Sakurai liked the idea of Valentian magic in Smash to juxtapose Robin's more traditional magic. With that in mind, what are the odds of Celica be able to use spells she's not usually able to perform, like Nosferatu, Silence, Invoke, Sagittae, or (in the case of Gaiden only) Aura?
I think her specials would likely only be her specific spells she can learn, but Sagittae and Aura would be good candidates if they really wanted to broaden her magic. Nosferatu and Invoke could also work if Celica would be built off of other characters, specifically Robin and Zelda respectively. She's probably got enough material in her basic movepool for a good moveset so looking into other character's magic isn't really necessary imo.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I know it's unlikely at this point, but I like the idea of Celica in Smash, especially with that first moveset Opossum made. The only thing I would change about that one is maybe Mila's Turnwheel. I think it would work best if used like Tracer's Recall ability in Overwatch, rewinding Celica's damage and position by about 3-6 seconds with a very long cool-down, like about 20-45 seconds before she can use it again. This could make it predictable if the other player remembers where she was in the timespan of her rewind, but also very powerful if used strategically. Not EVERY FE character needs a Counter move, as Robin shows.

If they were to get lazy with Celica's moveset, I can imagine most of her normal attacks would be based on Marth, minus the tipper mechanic, possibly having a few of Zelda's moves with Pichu's recoil mechanic. At the very least, that makes the most sense to me if they decide to include her but don't have the development time to make her completely unique. Making her a clone of Robin doesn't work as Robin's swordplay is too unrefined, and just being a straight clone of Marth would be the dumbest idea ever and Sakurai would never put her in if she was going to just be a third Marth.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
If they were to get lazy with Celica's moveset, I can imagine most of her normal attacks would be based on Marth
Please no, Fire emblem warriors still give me a bad taste. It sounds like a weird combination but I could see Celica being a Robin/Pichu hybrid and I would be so ****ing down for that.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Please no, Fire emblem warriors still give me a bad taste. It sounds like a weird combination but I could see Celica being a Robin/Pichu hybrid and I would be so ****ing down for that.
Is it weird of me to immediately recognize your profile pic as one of Boris's drawings?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, that is so spooky I'm afraid.

Can't wait to see CYL Celica soon, better start saving my orbs.
Any guesses as to what color/weapon type she'll be?

Personally I'm hoping for her Rigain form, wielding a blue Seraphim tome. Beloved Zofia was already taken by Fallen Celica and the original has Ragnarok, so I figure Seraphim is the next closest thing to a signature weapon/spell for her (considering the whole Seabound Shrine thing).

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Like Opossum said Seraphim as a blue tome could happen for CYL Celica though I don't know what effects it would have since there are no undead enemies in Heroes. I personally would kind of like Celica wielding Mila's Bow and being the first blue colored archer with her Princess/Rigain class. I have also seen people suggest Golden Dagger Celica or lance wielding cavalier to reference Conrad though personally I'm not really a fan of either of these guesses since heroes already has plenty of lance cavaliers and daggers aren't exactly the best weapon type in Heroes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Like Opossum said Seraphim as a blue tome could happen for CYL Celica though I don't know what effects it would have since there are no undead enemies in Heroes. I personally would kind of like Celica wielding Mila's Bow and being the first blue colored archer with her Princess/Rigain class. I have also seen people suggest Golden Dagger Celica or lance wielding cavalier to reference Conrad though personally I'm not really a fan of either of these guesses since heroes already has plenty of lance cavaliers and daggers aren't exactly the best weapon type in Heroes.
Not to mention SoV's Golden Dagger was more of the shortsword kind as opposed to the knife kind. :p

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Not to mention SoV's Golden Dagger was more of the shortsword kind as opposed to the knife kind. :p
I mean, I suppose I can kind of understand where they are coming from since IS have taking creative liberties before such as making most thieves like Gaius who originally wielded swords in their home game now use daggers in Heroes and having all Valentian mages holding tomes in their sprites even though they use another method of using magic. I still dislike the idea of her using golden dagger and hope IS come up with something that would really make her unique hence my bow suggestion.

I'm also wondering that since Celica got first for the women side will she and Hector come with some OP b-slot skill like Ike and Lyn did. I'm guessing she will get Zofia's Blessing and have her nullify bonuses from armors or dragon units since they seem to dominate the metagame right now.

Hopefully they will let us pick a neutral nature unit again like they did last year because Celica will definitely be my pick since the other three don't really interest me that much.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay guys, list the top three songs you'd want in her reveal trailer. Go!

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Oh man fun game.

1: With Mila's Divine Protection: If any song is used it has to be this one it's being included in previous smash bros games before so it just makes too much sense. Also it too damn good.

2: Twilight of the Gods: Wouldn't really suit a trailer but this is my favourite theme throughout the whole series

3: Together we ride: Not unique but still a pretty great song and has been used before for Robin and Lucina reveal

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh man fun game.

1: With Mila's Divine Protection: If any song is used it has to be this one it's being included in previous smash bros before so it just makes too much sense. Also it too damn good.

2: Twilight of the Gods: Wouldn't really suit a trailer but this is my favourite theme throughout the whole series

3: Together we ride: Not unique but still a pretty great song and has been used before for Robin and Lucina reveal
Definitely agree with With Mila's Divine Protection and Twilight of the Gods. For the third, it's a toss up for me between Unity, The Sacrifice and the Saint, and The Ark of Dawn.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Definitely agree with With Mila's Divine Protection and Twilight of the Gods. For the third, it's a toss up for me between Unity, The Sacrifice and the Saint, and The Ark of Dawn.
Oh man great list especially with The Sacrifice and the Saint, How could I forgot about that song. :facepalm:

Updated list

1: With Mila's Divine Protection: If any song is used it has to be this one it's being included in previous smash bros games before so it just makes too much sense. Also it too damn good.

2: The Sacrifice and the Saint: Amazing especially if Celica's map would be based on Act 2.

3: Twilight of the Gods: Wouldn't really suit a trailer but this is my favourite theme throughout the whole series.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Easy.

1: Unity. It's a great recruitment theme that is painfully underutilized. Very fitting for Celica's "recruitment" into Smash.

2: A Blade on the Wind (Celica Battle theme 1). Because I love Echoes' versions of the battle themes and it fits a trailer pretty well.

3: The Sacrifice and The Saint. Because With Mila's Divine Protection has already been used and Celica Map 2 is still a great song (Though having beaten the game recently myself, I'm kinda missing With Mila's Divine Protection, so I wouldn't mind hearing it in her reveal trailer).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Easy.

1: Unity. It's a great recruitment theme that is painfully underutilized. Very fitting for Celica's "recruitment" into Smash.

2: A Blade on the Wind (Celica Battle theme 1). Because I love Echoes' versions of the battle themes and it fits a trailer pretty well.

3: The Sacrifice and The Saint. Because With Mila's Divine Protection has already been used and Celica Map 2 is still a great song (Though having beaten the game recently myself, I'm kinda missing With Mila's Divine Protection, so I wouldn't mind hearing it in her reveal trailer).
That just reminds me that Smash 4's version of the Gaiden fight theme is just so...bland and uninteresting. Like damn, I was not a fan of how they remixed it.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Okay this is gonna sound weird but I had dream last night and during this dream a Fire Emblem tennis game was announced. This honestly spark my interest to see if any fan art was ever created of this idea and well I'm happy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's a set of questions.

Say Celica became playable. Shadows of Valentia would most likely get some trophies. Robin and Lucina came with several Awakening trophies, Ike came with some Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn trophies, and even Corrin came with Xander and Ryoma trophies.

1. Which trophies from SoV would you want to see?
2. Which do you think are likely?

Personally I'd just love to get some trophies of my favorites. Tobin, Silque, Mae, Saber, Valbar, Boey, Alm, Palla (Best Whitewing, come at me), Genny, Clive, Leon, and Berkut would be so hype for me.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord

Say Celica became playable. Shadows of Valentia would most likely get some trophies. Robin and Lucina came with several Awakening trophies, Ike came with some Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn trophies, and even Corrin came with Xander and Ryoma trophies.

Personally I'd just love to get some trophies of my favorites. Tobin, Silque, Mae, Saber, Valbar, Boey, Alm, Palla (Best Whitewing, come at me), Genny, Clive, Leon, and Berkut would be so hype for me.
I'd think Mila also needs to be there somewhere, along with all 3 Pegasus Sisters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

First of all, Alm.

I still kinda think his combat animations from SoV fit into Smash far better than Celica's. Then again, Celica is probably more "unique". Yet I still do hope to see Alm, despite the chances of newcomers not being incredibly high, especially not for Fire Emblem.

Anyway, Tobin, Grey, Lukas, Zeke, Mycen, Saber, Mae and Boey seem most likely to get trophies. Maybe Jedah as well? The White Wing sisters as one trophy? And yes, Mila should defintely get one as well.

Also, it would be kinda ironic, and fitting, to see both Celica and Alm as Echoes of excistant characters. Them hailing from Fire Emblem Echoes and all... :rolleyes: Then again, I'd rather see them unique, or as semi-clones. In general, I hope for a lot of Fire Emblem Echoes, whenever they would fit. That way the franchise can still get a whole lot of newcomers in.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
If we are talking about trophies specifically from Echoes then I want to see Alm, Celica (obviously), Gray, Tobin, Kliff, Faye, Clive, Delthea, Zeke, Mycen, Mae, Boey, Genny, Saber, Valbar, the Whitewing sisters, Deen, Sonya, Mila and maybe even Rudolf, Berkut, Jedah, and Duma for villians. Though really I don't expect all of them and wouldn't be surprised if we only got 8-10 of them with only showing the two main characters, the ram villagers and the Mae/Boey duo plus one villain (probably either Berkut or Duma).

Plus if we were to talk about Fire Emblem trophies in general I want to see more Fire Emblem games represented via trophies instead of them only choosing from one/two games per smash iteration since I felt Fire Emblem always had a small number of trophies to collect and represent their series even if they only include Lords/plot important characters because I would like to see Caeda (the Whitewings and Camus/Zeke could fit here too) from Marth's games, Hector/Eliwood from Blazing Sword, Eirika/Ephraim from Sacred Stones and all of Fates royals as collectible trophies in Smash Ultimate. Though really I'm keeping my expectations low and I'm only expecting new trophies from at least Fates and Echoes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If we are talking about trophies specifically from Echoes then I want to see Alm, Celica (obviously), Gray, Tobin, Kliff, Faye, Clive, Delthea, Zeke, Mycen, Mae, Boey, Genny, Saber, Valbar, the Whitewing sisters, Deen, Sonya, Mila and maybe even Rudolf, Berkut, Jedah, and Duma for villians. Though really I don't expect all of them and wouldn't be surprised if we only got 8-10 of them with only showing the two main characters, the ram villagers and the Mae/Boey duo plus one villain (probably either Berkut or Duma).

Plus if we were to talk about Fire Emblem trophies in general I want to see more Fire Emblem games represented via trophies instead of them only choosing from one/two games per smash iteration since I felt Fire Emblem always had a small number of trophies to collect and represent their series even if they only include Lords/plot important characters because I would like to see Caeda (the Whitewings and Camus/Zeke could fit here too) from Marth's games, Hector/Eliwood from Blazing Sword, Eirika/Ephraim from Sacred Stones and all of Fates royals as collectible trophies in Smash Ultimate. Though really I'm keeping my expectations low and I'm only expecting new trophies from at least Fates and Echoes.
I think everyone who was in Fire Emblem Warriors is fair game too, since the HD models already exist.

Top Bottom