• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celica hears Smash's Call!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Recently finished ransacking the Seabound Shrine on Celica's path. So far, I'm having a blast with Fire Emblem Echoes. There are significant improvements in this remake over Fire Emblem Gaiden. For start, I'm glad we have the option of avoiding dungeon battles. Though I usually welcome every fight for the EXP, there were those times in Gaiden when I just wanted to get through the damn dungeon. I think the fatigue mechanic nicely balances out the unbreakable weapons. Bonus EXP also makes level-grinding much easier than it was in Gaiden. Overall, it's like Tales of the Abyss, only the battles are on turn-based maps.

Depending on what enemy is threatening the Nintendo worlds, Celica's story could start in a temple, where she is nursing an unconscious Robin back to health. After waking up, Robin tells Celica that there is a great evil at large, and that he was separated from Lucina during an ambush. If there is no dialogue like in SSE, then Robin's story could be told with flashback pictures. The two then depart the temple and are immediately attacked by Stal creatures from Zelda BOTW. You spend the first stage in a graveyard, fighting past Stalkoblins/lizafos/moblins, with the boss being a Stalnox.

After defeating the Stalnox, the battle-weary duo reaches a harbour town. After resting at an inn, they hear rumours of a formidable mercenary, and that he is in a nearby tavern. Celica and Robin enter the tavern and meet none other than Ike. After telling him their story and giving him coin, Ike decides to help them. The three head to the harbour in search of a ship, but nobody is willing to set sail, out of fear of the recent dangers. Nobody except the courageous Toon Link. From that moment on, you spend most of your battles at sea, fending off pirates and sea monsters.

For the sake of suspense, Robin doesn't reunite with Lucina until towards the end of the story mode. As for Lucina, it is later revealed that she fell through a bottomless pit, and ended up in a dark cave, where she is rescued by Corrin and Greninja (Greninja = Kaze).

[Shrugs] Maybe not the best idea, but I tried to have it relate to Fire Emblem Echoes and Fates as much as possible.
Going off of that, now I really want a Story Mode that pits Celica and Toon Link against K. Rool on the Gangplank Galleon.:p

Roberk

Smash Champion
I'm hoping for Lyn a bit more as I feel she truly deserves it more than a lot of potential newcomers for Smash Switch, but I'd still be happy to see Celica in Smash. Looking forward to jamming out to Twilight of the Gods as a potential track from Echoes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh hey we got a title change. Neat!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Only Lyn and/or Celica are acceptable

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
RIP in pieces.
Just wait, Alm is gonna be the character from Echoes. Hopefully he at least has the turnwheel if he does appear. (Though realistically we just don't get an echoes character.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean if she did do work she'd be under NDA anyway. Obviously the original listing was fake though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean if she did do work she'd be under NDA anyway. Obviously the original listing was fake though.
Celica down for now, Lyn/Alm/Anna still remains

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Of all those I'd prefer Anna. Makes sense, she's the only real staple in the series.
Might as well make her the face of the series since she’s been in nearly all of them

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let's keep this about Celica, guys. Anna thread is over that way. :p

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Unless we get more news I’m gonna remain skeptical. Voice acting is likely one of the last things.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If anything I just wouldn't expect her to be an E3 reveal. :p

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Yeah, I've been wanting to change the title for the longest time, but just couldn't think of anything imaginative. The current title is supposed to be in reference to "Mila's call". Though, I might change the title again, if I think of something better.

If memory serves me, there was a similar situation with Chrom's voice actor, Matthew Mercer, during the pre-Smash 4 days. He said Nintendo never approached him about doing voice work for Smash 4. Despite this, Chrom nevertheless appeared in Smash 4, albeit only as Robin's assistant.

That said, I wouldn't say this immediately rules out Celica. Even if she doesn't appear as playable, I fancy she'll appear in some form or another. If she or Alm appeared as an Assist Trophy, they could use Mila's Turnwheel to rewind the match. The rewind wouldn't affect the timer itself, but just the events that took place in the previous moments.

At this point, I'm rooting for Celica, Fjorm, and whomever's in Fire Emblem Switch.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
All that remains now is Nintendo's conference. Mila, grant us Celica as a playable fighter in Smash.
Let's get some hype going.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
If Celica does get in, it'd feel weird having her without Alm. Maybe he could be part of her final smash.

Or, maybe, they could add in Alm as a clone of Ike or Marth. He could have Sendscale as his final smash, but otherwise just have some different stats (A heavier but harder-hitting Marth with no tipper, for example.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If Celica does get in, it'd feel weird having her without Alm. Maybe he could be part of her final smash.

Or, maybe, they could add in Alm as a clone of Ike or Marth. He could have Sendscale as his final smash, but otherwise just have some different stats (A heavier but harder-hitting Marth with no tipper, for example.)
Personally, if Celica gets in, I think Alm will be an Assist Trophy and use Scendscale.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Hmm What do you guys think Celica could be an echo fighter for Robin? After all FE ECHOES... Yeah I'll see myself out..

Roberk

Smash Champion
Hmm What do you guys think Celica could be an echo fighter for Robin? After all FE ECHOES... Yeah I'll see myself out..
Not really, her magic is too different from Robin. Not an Echo but maybe a semi-clone a la Roy, Dr. Mario, etc.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I could actually see a Celica echo of Robin working out kind of interesting. It's not ideal, but if roster space is more of a premium right now, it might be her best shot to getting in (much like how Ganondorf got into Melee with his best shot being a clone). After all, this is really likely her only chance for the foreseeable future. She would be more different than the other echo characters are, but likely still not enough to be a unique fighter under this idea.

Property-wise, the attacks are identical. Mechanically, however, the two differ. Celica doesn't have to worry about weapon uses, but she does have recoil damage to work with. Elwind becomes Excalibur, Nosferatu is now the Echoes version so it's white now, and Arcfire is just Fire now. I don't know how to handle the levels of Thunder (only one I can think of is Thunder -> Seraphim -> Aura -> Sagittae - the effects would still be the same, but the color would be different as would the voice line). And of course, Ragnarok is the final smash.

Unique fighter would still be preferable of course though. And with FE16 being a 2019 title, that removes Celica's biggest competitor from the Fire Emblem competition (in fact, I would say her only opponent is Alm).

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
On one hand, I feel like Alm would make more sense to become an Echo fighter since his fighting style is inherently less distinctive (it'd be easy to just give him a special that uses arrows and Scendscale as a final smash), but on the other hand, I can't imagine the rage that would fly if we got another FE clone swordsman.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
I could actually see a Celica echo of Robin working out kind of interesting. It's not ideal, but if roster space is more of a premium right now, it might be her best shot to getting in (much like how Ganondorf got into Melee with his best shot being a clone). After all, this is really likely her only chance for the foreseeable future. She would be more different than the other echo characters are, but likely still not enough to be a unique fighter under this idea.

Property-wise, the attacks are identical. Mechanically, however, the two differ. Celica doesn't have to worry about weapon uses, but she does have recoil damage to work with. Elwind becomes Excalibur, Nosferatu is now the Echoes version so it's white now, and Arcfire is just Fire now. I don't know how to handle the levels of Thunder (only one I can think of is Thunder -> Seraphim -> Aura -> Sagittae - the effects would still be the same, but the color would be different as would the voice line). And of course, Ragnarok is the final smash.

Unique fighter would still be preferable of course though. And with FE16 being a 2019 title, that removes Celica's biggest competitor from the Fire Emblem competition (in fact, I would say her only opponent is Alm).
I actually wouldn't mind Celica being an Echo Fighter of Robin, especially since Robin is mine main. In fact, I think that's Celica's best bet at this point. It would be a nice option for those not wanting to deal with the weapon durability mechanic. Her spells could be more powerful than Robin's, at the cost of her HP. Her sword could be her exclusive weapon, Beloved Zofia, which wouldn't break.

Since E3, mine hopes for most characters have dramatically decreased. With a roster this massive, I'll be surprised if we get 3 newcomers whom aren't Echo Fighters. That said, frankly I'll be satisfied with Celica and Alm being Assist Trophies.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
They'd have to replace the Levin Sword with magic for Celica to be an Echo fighter of Robin, so they can't make it a new animation. But I think they could just remove the Levin Sword model and replace it with a particle effect, then slightly adjust her hitboxes to compensate. Recoil on her specials (besides down-B) and Smash attacks, Smash attacks are multi-hit like most magic attacks, faster move speed and jumping but easier to knock around.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, all "Echoes" jokes aside, Robin's sword animations are too unrefined and unruly to properly fit Celica, who takes a more rapier like style. There's not even an in-universe justification like there is for Lucina to take Marth's style.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
I mean, all "Echoes" jokes aside, Robin's sword animations are too unrefined and unruly to properly fit Celica, who takes a more rapier like style. There's not even an in-universe justification like there is for Lucina to take Marth's style.
Agreed. Celica would have to be her own character. I could, however, see Alm as an echo of Roy. The way he moves in game reminds me a lot of Smash 4 roy. Get rid of fire, give him sendscale as a final smash. Maybe make it so dancing blade has only 2 hits and call it twin lion.

Roberk

Smash Champion
What about a mix of Marth standard moves with Robin specials? Rapier is Marth's style, it would make sense for Celica's swordplay to borrow from him.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
What about a mix of Marth standard moves with Robin specials? Rapier is Marth's style, it would make sense for Celica's swordplay to borrow from him.
Well their specials were balanced around their stats and moveset, so that would be kind of wonky.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Well their specials were balanced around their stats and moveset, so that would be kind of wonky.
Of course, this is in the scenario that people are asking that she'd be a Robin Echo. I think those people are just speculators looking for the obligatory relevant FE rep that doesn't know that Celica can be much more and doesn't fit Robin anyway.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It just sort of reminds me of the folks who push for Dixie as a Diddy echo. Dixie, like Celica, has a ton of potential but is kind of shoehorned into Echo status for vague similarities.

Altais

Smash Champion
Hmm, this is true. Despite knowing how to handle swords, Robin is a mage--first and foremost. His Levin/Bronze Sword is really just a utility; a side weapon.

That said, I must agree that Celica should have her own unique moveset. Thing is, I'm just no longer expecting her, due to the massive roster. In one moveset I posted in MYM, Celica relies heavily on swordplay, with only her specials involving magick. Despite her magick attacks having recoil (except for one, which absorbs enemy health), I set things up so that the player isn't forced to use them. Rather, they are there to either finish off the enemy or condition them.

And yes, Alm would make a great Roy Echo. I actually like Alm now; he's so much more developed as a character than he was in Fire Emblem Gaiden.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Haven't made a Celica moveset despite her being one of my biggest wants, so figured I'd give it a swing.

Normals: Would involve her rapier/fencing style. She'd carry her magical fire-lantern-thingy around her, and it would add the fire element to her dash attack and her smash attacks. Her side tilt would be a combo, like bayonettas, and move her forward as she used them, kind of like holding forward and mashing attack when in a dungeon in echoes.

Celica can hover, like Peach.

Neutral B: Seraphim. A charge up projectile like Samus's charge shot. Using it at full charge will inflict some damage on Celica, but the move is very powerful. The fully charged version moves a slower than the uncharged version, moving a little slower than her running speed.

Side B: Lightning. Has a mechanic similar to Greninja's shadow sneak where you hold down b longer to change how far away it hits.. Release the b button to cause a bolt of lightning to strike from the sky to hit your enemies. Using this deals damage to you, but the move is powerful and can spike.

Up B: Mila's turnwheel. Celica's unorthodox recovery move. Holding the b button down will not cause Celica to enter an animation. Instead, it creates a sort of "virtual Celica" that travels back in time as long as you hold down the button. It can go back a distance of 6 seconds, which takes about 2 seconds of holding down the b button. This move is interrupted if Celica enters hitstun. When you release the b button, Celica teleports to the position the virtual Celica was in. Using it repeatedly decreases the maximum number of seconds you can travel back. This recharges with time.

Down B: Recover. Celica has a "healing meter" that slowly charges over time at a rate of about 1% every ten seconds (maximum 20%). Using her down B causes her to deplete this gauge to heal herself equal to the amount in the gauge. Any allied fighters near Celica are healed for half that much damage. When Celica uses Seraphim or Lightning, her healing gauge fills equal to the amount of damage it does to her.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Haven't made a Celica moveset despite her being one of my biggest wants, so figured I'd give it a swing.

Normals: Would involve her rapier/fencing style. She'd carry her magical fire-lantern-thingy around her, and it would add the fire element to her dash attack and her smash attacks. Her side tilt would be a combo, like bayonettas, and move her forward as she used them, kind of like holding forward and mashing attack when in a dungeon in echoes.

Celica can hover, like Peach.

Neutral B: Seraphim. A charge up projectile like Samus's charge shot. Using it at full charge will inflict some damage on Celica, but the move is very powerful. The fully charged version moves a slower than the uncharged version, moving a little slower than her running speed.

Side B: Lightning. Has a mechanic similar to Greninja's shadow sneak where you hold down b longer to change how far away it hits.. Release the b button to cause a bolt of lightning to strike from the sky to hit your enemies. Using this deals damage to you, but the move is powerful and can spike.

Up B: Mila's turnwheel. Celica's unorthodox recovery move. Holding the b button down will not cause Celica to enter an animation. Instead, it creates a sort of "virtual Celica" that travels back in time as long as you hold down the button. It can go back a distance of 6 seconds, which takes about 2 seconds of holding down the b button. This move is interrupted if Celica enters hitstun. When you release the b button, Celica teleports to the position the virtual Celica was in. Using it repeatedly decreases the maximum number of seconds you can travel back. This recharges with time.

Down B: Recover. Celica has a "healing meter" that slowly charges over time at a rate of about 1% every ten seconds (maximum 20%). Using her down B causes her to deplete this gauge to heal herself equal to the amount in the gauge. Any allied fighters near Celica are healed for half that much damage. When Celica uses Seraphim or Lightning, her healing gauge fills equal to the amount of damage it does to her.
I'm curious, why the hover?

Top Bottom