• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celica hears Smash's Call!

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Celica is my favorite FE character that I want to see in smash. Her up special will be involve with her wings.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I just recently realised something - if Celica ends up being playable, there's no way 7 FE characters would be prioritised since Sakurai already thought there were too many before Corrin was added.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Those have been my thoughts for a while, that's why even though I think Celica could be chosen for development, her best shot is being a last minute semi clone of Robin.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Those have been my thoughts for a while, that's why even though I think Celica could be chosen for development, her best shot is being a last minute semi clone of Robin.
It's far more likely that she'd be fully unique, but the series would just have cuts. For example, I'm banking on Roy not returning.

Troykv

Smash Master
It's far more likely that she'd be fully unique, but the series would just have cuts. For example, I'm banking on Roy not returning.
It makes sense; IS would like to push for Lucina; so Roy is logically the most "expendable" of the playable characters.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Oh yeah, when i beat Echoes the other month, I did not get to see Celica:

Sacrifice herself in an explosion. Was that suppose to be something that happens when you get a bad ending?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh yeah, when i beat Echoes the other month, I did not get to see Celica:

Sacrifice herself in an explosion. Was that suppose to be something that happens when you get a bad ending?
That literally never happens at all in the game. Not sure where you got that from, haha.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Celica will likely be an alt of Roy rather than an alt of Robin. Robin's durability mechanic wouldn't 'work' with Celica considering how Echoes has no limits on Spell cast and Swords, but Roy's attacks could all be reinterpreted to work with Celica. The only thing that would really have to be changed would be the final smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Celica will likely be an alt of Roy rather than an alt of Robin. Robin's durability mechanic wouldn't 'work' with Celica considering how Echoes has no limits on Spell cast and Swords, but Roy's attacks could all be reinterpreted to work with Celica. The only thing that would really have to be changed would be the final smash.
I don't see Sakurai adding a clone of a clone, honestly. Plus Roy and Celica have radically different styles that can't even be hand waved (like how Lucina has a different style, but because she took Marth's name, she's a Marth clone). They don't mesh together at all, and in all but one of her appearances, Celica relied on magic over swordplay.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Hmm here's my take on what will happen FE-wise in the roster:
Cuts: if any, Roy is the most likely. Marth, Ike, Robin and Corrin are all unique, and Lucina is the closest of a postergirl of the series since Awakening, IS might want her in. I see Corrin getting cut before Lucina
Newcomer: again, if any, I think one from Echoes is 99% likely. FE Echoes likely started development in early 2016. Smash started in mid 2016 apparently? It's in a perfect spot for a Greninja-like situation. I strongly think that FE Switch only started development in late 2016/early 2017 (wouldn't be surprised if its actual development started right alongside or AFTER Nintendo announcing it in that Direct), so a Greninja situation for that one is much harder

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How about they don't cut anyone? I want NONE of the current Fire Emblem cast out. I want Lucina reworked, possibly Robin to without the durability gimmick or have it seriously tweaked to make it last longer than 4~5 attacks, and I want Roy to stay as well. Corrin is unique and represents "lances" and dragons in a way, Ike is my and many others their favorite character with the most impressive feats, and Roy was outrightely chosen because he's one of the most popular veterans.

It just wouldn't make sense to have one of them cut at all.

Fire Emblem has little else to represent the franchise with besides characters anyway. Yes this could extend to Assist Trophies rather than full character additions- but you will get my point. The cast is variable, and even with this impressive cast, there's still lots of Fire Emblem that has yet to be represented; staffs, axes, flyer units, horseback units, heavy armored units, assasins, beast transformations... You'll get it.

Plus, Smash and Fire Emblem tend to influence each other. Was it not for the Smash amiibo, there would be no Marth, Ike, Robin and Lucina in Fates for example. Ike wouldn't remain as popular if he wasn't in Smash either, he might've been forgotten and thanks to Smash, Path of Radiance is almost worth as much as gold. :laugh:

Marth and Roy getting into Melee has really opened doors for the franchise, and I think it has the very right to celebrate that.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Hmm here's my take on what will happen FE-wise in the roster:
Cuts: if any, Roy is the most likely. Marth, Ike, Robin and Corrin are all unique, and Lucina is the closest of a postergirl of the series since Awakening, IS might want her in. I see Corrin getting cut before Lucina
Newcomer: again, if any, I think one from Echoes is 99% likely. FE Echoes likely started development in early 2016. Smash started in mid 2016 apparently? It's in a perfect spot for a Greninja-like situation. I strongly think that FE Switch only started development in late 2016/early 2017 (wouldn't be surprised if its actual development started right alongside or AFTER Nintendo announcing it in that Direct), so a Greninja situation for that one is much harder
Echoes actually started development in 2015 immediately IS finished development of Fates. Echoes was suppose to release in September 2016, but it had to be delayed to 2017.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
I'd really like to see Mila's turnwheel used as her down B as a way to actually turn back time. How I see it working is that is has a long windup, and after using it you can't do it again for a while. When you use it, you and all enemies within a certain range of you+the enemy who most recently damaged you return to the states you were in x seconds ago, and you can control how long x is by how long you hold down the b button.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thread has been quiet, so here's a prompt.

Say the new Smash has a story mode. What sort of role would you like to see Celica play in it? Which characters would you be most interested in seeing her interact with?

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I never played Fire Emblem. Although, I am planning on getting Fire Emblem: Awakening for my 3DS! I definitely support this!

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024

Say the new Smash has a story mode. What sort of role would you like to see Celica play in it? Which characters would you be most interested in seeing her interact with?

Assuming we get Celica and a story mode in Smash Switch I fear they will end up introducing her as a distressed damsel for early parts of the story or flanderize her pacifism and have her refuse to fight or first before something happens to change her mind. Not something I personally want to happen but I know that is what they will do with her if Celica's portrayal in Fire Emblem Warriors was anything to go by.

Not really sure who I would want Celica to interact with since most characters in Smash don't talk besides Xenoblade, Kid Icarus and her own Fire Emblem breathern but to answer the question I guess Princess Zelda since they are both pacifist princesses.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
King Dedede could juxtapose her pretty well. He's greedy, self-serving, and hedonistic, while she's more sacrificial and such. Could make for a good comedic scene (plus on the more serious side it could draw Lima parallels).

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Not too familiar with Dedede or the Kirby franchise but after thinking about it more (and I know I'm using another Zelda example) but I could potentially see Ganondorf try to manipulate Celica in a similar vein to...

Jedah from Act 4/5. I don't know, maybe have Ganondorf tell Celica that the other characters are threatening to harm her goddess Mila or have her go through demonic possession.

Also, maybe have her talk to Bayonetta if she returns in the next game and have them compare and contrast the definition of what a 'witch' is between their two worlds although even I think that is a weak reasoning to have them interact.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
God dammit WHY do people have to target Roy?!?

If you want to cut someone, Corrin would be the person that does not involve cutting one of my mains twice

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

If you want to cut someone, Corrin would be the person that does not involve cutting one of my mains twice
It's not something I necessarily want to happen, just what I think is most likely to happen.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024

Isn't Roy pretty much low priority for a returning Fire Emblem character due to being cut twice now and being a semi-clone of Marth? I'm pretty sure the only guarantee returning FE characters are Marth, Ike, and Robin. Jury is still out for Corrin's chances. I'm not really sure what priorities they are going to give for a first (or is it second) party DLC character with a unique moveset. Though I wouldn't really seeing both Roy and Corrin cut if it meant we get other popular FE characters as newcomers.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
What about if there was a story mode having her have to try to mediate a civil war between a faction, like say Samus vs Mario in the choice to spare Ridley for now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What about if there was a story mode having her have to try to mediate a civil war between a faction, like say Samus vs Mario in the choice to spare Ridley for now.
Or she just lobs a Seraphim spell at him thinking he's a Necrodragon. :p

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Or she just lobs a Seraphim spell at him thinking he's a Necrodragon. :p
Speaking of Seraphim, how cool would it be if that was one of her specials, and it actually did do extra damage to any undead enemies in smash run/story mode?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of Seraphim, how cool would it be if that was one of her specials, and it actually did do extra damage to any undead enemies in smash run/story mode?
That'd be an awesome easter egg, kinda like Ness getting the SMAAAAASH effect when using his side smash on a Starman.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
With her recent appearances in Echoes, Heroes, & Warriors i can see celica having a very decent chance of making it to smash switch plus i love her design. She`ll be a great classic FE rep.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Today's the one year anniversary of Shadows of Valentia's English release! Pretty neat.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Idea: Despite their game not having pair up in it, both Celica and Alm are in smash together a la Ice Climbers.

• Alm is the main controlled character, with some specials incorporating Celica's magic which can't be used if she is ko'd
  • If she is knocked out he can still fight with his sword.
  • Maybe something where if Alm is stunned and about to get hit by a smash attack that would kill him, if Celica is free to move, she takes the hit for him while shouting his name, and then she dies and he shouts out hers.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Idea: Despite their game not having pair up in it, both Celica and Alm are in smash together a la Ice Climbers.

• Alm is the main controlled character, with some specials incorporating Celica's magic which can't be used if she is ko'd
  • If she is knocked out he can still fight with his sword.
  • Maybe something where if Alm is stunned and about to get hit by a smash attack that would kill him, if Celica is free to move, she takes the hit for him while shouting his name, and then she dies and he shouts out hers.
Ehhh...not a fan of this idea, really. It doesn't even really represent how Alm or Celica fights in-game, either, considering the first (and only, if you exclude the post game) time you control both on the same map is the final boss map.

-----------------

So what do you guys think? Potential E3 reveal?

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Finally finished Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations. Overall, I have mixed feelings.

The plot was very mysterious and revealing (hence the title "Revelations"). I especially liked how it began. Although, there were some cheesy moments. Some of the maps could have been better designed. For instance, on the Rainbow Sage chapter, it would have been more convenient to just have Nyx appear on the first turn, so you don't have to back track. Wasn't a big fan of the platform-moving stages, either. Like I said before, the amount of trial-and-error involved in some chapters was ridiculous. Honestly, what was the point of putting those warp pads in that cave? Lastly, the Endgame boss was tedious as hell.

Overall, once again, it just felt more like a dungeon crawler than a tactical RPG. Now that I've played all three versions of Fire Emblem Fates, I have to say Conquest is mine favourite version. Compared to Conquest, the other two just felt lazily designed and written. I might replay Revelations every once in a while just for Azama, but that's about it. No way in hell I'm doing Birthright again.

And with that, I can finally start on Fire Emblem Echoes.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hopefully, if she gets in, they treat her better than they did in FE:W.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hopefully, if she gets in, they treat her better than they did in FE:W.
I'm certain they would. With Warriors she was added very late into development, and boy does it show. Meanwhile if she were indeed planned for the base roster of Smash, Sakurai would have ample time to adequately represent her.

Not to mention Sakurai wouldn't be bound to the same limitations as the Warriors devs (they didn't want her using tomes in that game since it'd go against her style of magic, and each character was locked to one weapon type...neither of which Sakurai would need to stick to).

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I swear I feel that they won’t announce fe switch close enough for the mc to make sense for base game. As time goes on it makes more sense for Celica to be in. The RTC severely underscored her in retrospect.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I swear I feel that they won’t announce fe switch close enough for the mc to make sense for base game. As time goes on it makes more sense for Celica to be in. The RTC severely underscored her in retrospect.
Yeah, they both come out this year, and unless we get a Roy situation, I really don't see the new Fire Emblem Lord being playable. At least, not in the base roster.

Now whether or not we'll see Celica instead is a completely different question. She's definitely my most wanted realistic Fire Emblem character, but we really don't have any idea if she'll just be skipped over or not.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The only way in which a FE Switch character is happening for the base game is if they are in as a last-minute clone. That being said, if they are similar enough to an existing FE character on the roster, I'm not sure Sakurai would even want them. Keep in mind Sakurai only added Corrin in spite of him thinking FE already had too many characters because he was convinced Corrin would be a unique and interesting character.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I also don't see FE16 Lord being put into smash unless it is as future DLC.

That being said for some reason I don't see Celica (or any FE character) being announced at E3 since that is when Nintendo usually announces three unexpected characters most people wouldn't guess and a new Fire Emblem wouldn't be surprising or exciting to most people at this point. I do however hope they decide to announce like five or six newcomers at E3 just to get the three big surprise characters shown and then have two or three 'lesser' surprises shown mostly because I think it would be cool to see a Fire Emblem newcomer announced for smash when Fire Emblem Switch is revealed (if Nintendo finally decides to show what Fire Emblem Switch is that is).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There's really no set pattern in which characters get revealed from game to game. Brawl had a lot of obvious ones for example; Meta Knight and Wario where expected by pretty much anyone, even Pit was quite expected as a retro newcomer (the Melee trophy really gave it away tho). It was Zero Suit Samus and later Snake that really made the huge impact, nobody expected either character.

Melee also had very obvious newcomers shown first, which where Bowser and Peach. The surprising ones where Ice Climbers and Sheik that time around.

Smash 4 had Villager as the very first newcomer, who was pretty damn obvious especially in retrospect. But yeah, he was also shot down as a character for Brawl so in a sense, all newcomers shown for Smash 4 where surprises. Mega Man might've been the least surprising one.

Anyway, for this game we already have the super obvious Inklings revealed first. What am expecting so far is honestly a few surprises, some hype, some real random choices as Wii Fit Trainer, and probably a ballot pick or something. Also maybe highlighting veterans with some moveset tweaks, such as BotW Link.

Celica would probably revealed later, if she's in the game.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Recently finished ransacking the Seabound Shrine on Celica's path. So far, I'm having a blast with Fire Emblem Echoes. There are significant improvements in this remake over Fire Emblem Gaiden. For start, I'm glad we have the option of avoiding dungeon battles. Though I usually welcome every fight for the EXP, there were those times in Gaiden when I just wanted to get through the damn dungeon. I think the fatigue mechanic nicely balances out the unbreakable weapons. Bonus EXP also makes level-grinding much easier than it was in Gaiden. Overall, it's like Tales of the Abyss, only the battles are on turn-based maps.

Depending on what enemy is threatening the Nintendo worlds, Celica's story could start in a temple, where she is nursing an unconscious Robin back to health. After waking up, Robin tells Celica that there is a great evil at large, and that he was separated from Lucina during an ambush. If there is no dialogue like in SSE, then Robin's story could be told with flashback pictures. The two then depart the temple and are immediately attacked by Stal creatures from Zelda BOTW. You spend the first stage in a graveyard, fighting past Stalkoblins/lizafos/moblins, with the boss being a Stalnox.

After defeating the Stalnox, the battle-weary duo reaches a harbour town. After resting at an inn, they hear rumours of a formidable mercenary, and that he is in a nearby tavern. Celica and Robin enter the tavern and meet none other than Ike. After telling him their story and giving him coin, Ike decides to help them. The three head to the harbour in search of a ship, but nobody is willing to set sail, out of fear of the recent dangers. Nobody except the courageous Toon Link. From that moment on, you spend most of your battles at sea, fending off pirates and sea monsters.

For the sake of suspense, Robin doesn't reunite with Lucina until towards the end of the story mode. As for Lucina, it is later revealed that she fell through a bottomless pit, and ended up in a dark cave, where she is rescued by Corrin and Greninja (Greninja = Kaze).

[Shrugs] Maybe not the best idea, but I tried to have it relate to Fire Emblem Echoes and Fates as much as possible.

Top Bottom