• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celica hears Smash's Call!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1059958604818657282

So the entire DLC line-up is complete and all of the characters were decided by Nintendo instead of Sakurai. How do you think this affects Celica's chances?

On the one hand, Nintendo might not care too much about too many FE characters like Sakurai said in the past and Celica would be easy to make a moveset off of since SoV has been out for a while. On the other hand, Nintendo may have chosen to add Edelgard to promote Three Houses and could have given Sakurai some inside info on what her moveset could be like.

If there are a ton of Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia tracks, her days are probably up.
Lord of a Dead Empire is apparently on Arena Ferox but I haven't heard any other SoV songs.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1059958604818657282

So the entire DLC line-up is complete and all of the characters were decided by Nintendo instead of Sakurai. How do you think this affects Celica's chances?

On the one hand, Nintendo might not care too much about too many FE characters like Sakurai said in the past and Celica would be easy to make a moveset off of since SoV has been out for a while. On the other hand, Nintendo may have chosen to add Edelgard to promote Three Houses and could have given Sakurai some inside info on what her moveset could be like.

Lord of a Dead Empire is apparently on Arena Ferox but I haven't heard any other SoV songs.
It could go either way. Assuming we do get a Fire Emblem newcomer as DLC, and assuming Lyn can't be promoted for one reason or another, either Nintendo suggests Edelgard/Byleth/Dimitri/Claude to represent Three Houses, or they may suggest Celica, as she still has a prominent recent game AND proven popularity thanks to Choose Your Legends.

She doesn't have the best shot, but her shot isn't non-existent.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Hey, random thought; what would Mae’s Final Smash be if she were an Echo of Celica?
Celica's final smash would definitely be her Ragnarok ultimate art. That being said, Mae's final smash would probably be a similar looking dramatic move except with lightning instead of fire.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Well some people have gotten their hands on Ultimate early and have been showing off things such as classic mode, previously unseen mii costumes (such as Spring Man's), and some new spirits (specifically Elma and Bandana Dee). A few SoV tracks have already been confirmed but so far they are specifically ones for Alm's path. I don't think she's out just yet, but if a Celica mii costume or a grownup Celica spirit is found then it's basically over.

So, just a thought; I know a hypothetical trailer was already done here, but what does anybody think a full-length trailer would be like if Celica were confirmed and Mae was an Echo? I’d prefer it’d be without Jeddah, because that’d just be weird to me.
Quoting what someone else said earlier:

After Celica is revealed, suddenly:

"Celica, get ready because I'm gonna help the heck outta you today!"

MAE Is On A Roll!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So here’s a moveset I cooked up for Thanksgiving Celica, and I might consider doing Mae as an Echo.

Intro: Same FE character intro, but with red smoke.

Notable Palette Swaps: Mae, Boey, Saber, Conrad, Genny, Nomah
Alternate Costumes: Gaiden Celica and Awakening Celica
Idle Animations: Celica brushes her hair and puts her hand on her sword, the Beloved Zofia.

Grab: Celica grabs with her open hand using Aura magic
Pummel: Aura is strengthened to attack.
F-Throw: Celica attacks with Fire.
U-Throw: Celica throws the opponent upwards and slices them with her sword.
D-Throw: Celica calls down Thunder from above.
B-Throw: Celica throws the opponent behind her and attacks with Fire.

Special Moves:

B : Ragnarok; a chargeable Fire attack’s with a high damage input and two stages. In the first stage, it deals 12% damage and causes .5% damage to Celica. In the second stage, it deals 24% damage and causes 1% damage to Celica.
B + Forwards : Seraphim; Celica launches an angelic light in front of her that deals 9% damage (15% to Ganondorf and Ridley). It causes .4% damage to a Celica.
B + Up : Excalibur; Celica Simmons a Tornado below herself that deals 13% damage to below in the radius. It cannot let Celica move horizontally, but it takes her VERY high, even when she’s somewhat close to offscreen. It deals .3% damage to Celica.
B + Down : Mila’s Turnwheel; Celica activates Mila’s Turnwheel, which takes the opponent back to 2 seconds before their attack hit her (in other words, a unique counter), and the Celica attacks with Thunder dealing 11% damage.. When used frequently, it needs an extra minute to recharge, so the counter simply uses a weakened Thunder dealing 5.5% damage. Every Thunder deals .2% damage to Celica.

Final Smash: Ragnarok Ω; Celica, as she says “Grant me strength!”, slashes whoever’s in front of her, stops time with Mila’s Turnwheel, and summons a mass of Fire that deals 24% damage. It causes 1.4% damage to Celica.

Taunts:
1: Celica loosely mimics her official artwork pose from Shadows of Valentia.
2: “I am yours to shape, Mother Mila.” Celica holds her sword up in the air.
1+2: “I fight to protect what is dear.” Celica loosely mimics her pose from Gaiden.

Winposes:
1: “All thanks to the Mother.” Celica rests her sword on the ground.
2: “Alm…I hope you’re alright.” Celica puts her left hand on her heart and looks ups.
3: “Mila has seen us through safely.” Celica swings her sword to her left, then to her right, and then strikes a pose towards the camera.

Icon: Falchion

Victory Music: https://youtu.be/o0l6BSZURKE

Kirby Hat: Celica’s hair.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The full Ultimate soundtrack has been leaked:

https://pastebin.com/DkpUAg81

Apparently there are 4 tracks from echos. They are:
It's interesting to note that all of these songs are specifically heard during Alm's path and not Celica's. Maybe they're saving her songs for DLC to go along with a new stage?
Additionally, the two Alm+Celica spirits are literally the only two SoV spirits, while every other Fire emblem game has several.

I think she has a real shot at DLC.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
No Echoes spirits has me suspicious. I would have loved a Leon one. Celica seems plausible but at the same time I'm not sure if they'd want to add more FE characters.

I mean, you'd have no complaints from me if they did. I'm loving SoV. Plus, more music and possibly an actually good Fire Emblem stage that reflects the series? I'm down.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, it took a while, but I posted this over in the Ultimate Discussion thread. Give it a read if you want! :D

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Okay, it took a while, but I posted this over in the Ultimate Discussion thread. Give it a read if you want! :D
Great read! You made some very good points and I never knew she was requested to be in Warriors by IS and Nintendo. The fact that she got into Warriors instead of Alm really drives home how popular she is. They may also choose to add Celica over a Three Houses rep in case they are worried about experimenting with a character from a new game (since Celica is very popular and SoV was well-received).

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I already thought Celica would be a pretty cool choice, but I'd honestly support her now even if it just meant we got Twilight of the Gods in the game. Seriously, how did they add 4 SoV songs and not include that?
It seems really surprising to me that Nintendo would care about advertising Shadows of Valentia at this point, but I did think that only having joint Alm & Celica spirits was kind of odd. Now after reading all the evidence for her, it's far from certain, but it's something worth keeping an eye on.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
On the topic of supporting Celica, Altais Altais can we get a list of supporters on the original post? I can go through all of the posts in this thread to find those who stated they support her if needed.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Interesting read though I don't remember hearing Celica being recommended by Nintendo for Warriors, wasn't Lyn the one Nintendo/IS recommended? For some reason I remember hearing Celica was actually an early decision hence why her history mode map was based more on Gaiden than Echoes but Nintendo/IS kept them in the dark about Echoes and later told them to use her Echoes design which explains why her model and animations are not that great since they probably had to redo her design. I could be wrong though.

Regardless though I would still be happy if Celica (or Anna or Azura) gets picked as of the DLC characters for Smash though it would be annoying to hear complaints of an eighth FE character wielding a sword. I'll take her over anyone from Three Houses though. Not only that but Celica being a DLC character means she will have her own moveset with a new take with a sword+magic spells moveset and won't be a Robin echo which I keep hearing people assuming for some reason.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So who do you suppose we will have to fight against in both of the Alm + Celica spirit battles?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
https://imgur.com/NbLRFX0

So all of the player icons have been found which includes many of the spirits yet none of the Alm & Celica ones are among them. There exclusion has nothing to do with multiple characters being present as there are still icons for Kat & Ana, Dixie & Kiddy Kong, and Timmy & Tommy Nook to name a few. Considering both character's popularity it feels odd that they aren't icons. Maybe they held off on adding a Celica icon in the event she were to be DLC?

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
So who do you suppose we will have to fight against in both of the Alm + Celica spirit battles?
I think it was shown in a Japanese livestream that their younger selves have a spirit battle with Villagers (Animal Crossing). For Alm's and Celica's older selves if they also have a spirit battle I could see Alm as Roy and Celica as Female Robin.

Electrick_EEL

Smash Cadet
My lord, this thread’s been dead as a doorbell for over a month.
That's because her chances for the Fighter Pass are very very low at this point. The only other ways of her getting in are either if there's another Smash Ballot and she gets enough votes or more Echo Fighters happen in the future (I think they could happen considering how there are not Spirits for Impa or Ms. Pac Man)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Still holding out a bit of hope for our girl in white.

Plus then I'd have all three of my favorite lords in Smash and that'd be the bee's knees.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So the final day of CYL3 is here. Who has everyone been voting for? :p

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
So the final day of CYL3 is here. Who has everyone been voting for? :p
Spent all seven of my votes on Anna. Pretty much all my other favorite characters are already in Heroes so at this point I would like to see the Annas from the other games show up in the game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Spent all seven of my votes on Anna. Pretty much all my other favorite characters are already in Heroes so at this point I would like to see the Annas from the other games show up in the game.
Nice. I spent mine on a different character each day. In the end, I went with Chrom, Merric, Virion, Marth, Caeda, Silque, and Lena.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Nice. I spent mine on a different character each day. In the end, I went with Chrom, Merric, Virion, Marth, Caeda, Silque, and Lena.
Great choices. I'm hoping the Archanean characters all rank higher this time around since they fixed the split voting issue. If I wasn't focusing on a single character I would have sent a vote to Linde, Camus and Palla. Here's hoping Silque and Lena are added to Heroes some day and hopefully Marth managed to stay in the top 2 on the men's side.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Great choices. I'm hoping the Archanean characters all rank higher this time around since they fixed the split voting issue. If I wasn't focusing on a single character I would have sent a vote to Linde, Camus and Palla. Here's hoping Silque and Lena are added to Heroes some day and hopefully Marth managed to stay in the top 2 on the men's side.
Here's hoping, indeed! Love Palla, Camus, and Linde as well, haha. In general, Archanea's got some really great characters. Honestly at this point I'm just hoping for an Archanea banner in general soon, same with Valentia.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Here's hoping, indeed! Love Palla, Camus, and Linde as well, haha. In general, Archanea's got some really great characters. Honestly at this point I'm just hoping for an Archanea banner in general soon, same with Valentia.
Yeah, I would like to see another banner for Archanea and Valentia as well considering neither of them got much during 2018 outside of alts for Marth, Tiki, Linde, Catria and Celica and the only new characters added was Gharnef and Kliff. At the very least I expect Medeus and Mila to show up as Mythic Heroes if Duma's recent release means anything and Alm is guaranteed at least one alt this year though I am hoping they both get at least one dedicated banner each sometime this year.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sadly Valentian Valentines wasn't this years theme in Heroes. Maybe next year. :p

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I live to see the day where I see a seasonal Celica, Alm, Saber, and Sonya... please IS

anything echoes... please

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I live to see the day where I see a seasonal Celica, Alm, Saber, and Sonya... please IS

anything echoes... please
Yes to literally all of this and more, lol.
To keep it topical, what sorts of seasonal Celicas would you guys want to see? My ideal would've been Valentian Valentines with her and Alm, but sadly that didn't come to pass. :p

Roberk

Smash Champion
Just started playing Shadow Dragon a couple of weeks ago, when can we get my man Wolf? I changed him to a general and he has 20 something defense when most enemies barely get 20 offense lmao.

Top Bottom