• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celica hears Smash's Call!

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I think everyone who was in Fire Emblem Warriors is fair game too, since the HD models already exist.
Does Nintendo/Intelligent System own those models from Fire Emblem Warriors though or are they Koei's properties? I'm assuming Nintendo/Intelligent System has the rights to them but honestly I'm not well verse in who owns what in a collaboration game between two companies. For all I know Intelligent System created the 3D models and provided them to Koei.

If it okay then I definitely want to see trophies of Caeda and Linde in Smash Ultimate since Warriors is the only game that has 3D models of Shadow Dragon characters since I remember someone telling me once that Smash 4 only had trophies of characters from Awakening and the Tellius games because those were the only Fire Emblem games with 3D models for the smash devs to use.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Does Nintendo/Intelligent System own those models from Fire Emblem Warriors though or are they Koei's properties? I'm assuming Nintendo/Intelligent System has the rights to them but honestly I'm not well verse in who owns what in a collaboration game between two companies. For all I know Intelligent System created the 3D models and provided them to Koei.

If it okay then I definitely want to see trophies of Caeda and Linde in Smash Ultimate since Warriors is the only game that has 3D models of Shadow Dragon characters since I remember someone telling me once that Smash 4 only had trophies of characters from Awakening and the Tellius games because those were the only Fire Emblem games with 3D models for the smash devs to use.
The models themselves should be fair game. They still use the designs IS themselves made. The only iffy ones may be Rowan, Lianna, and Darrios due to being OCs, Warriors Anna due to being an original design, and any Warriors-only promotion designs (like Frederick, Marth, Minerva, or Olivia's promotions).

Maikou

Smash Ace
If we're getting Celica at all, we're definitely getting an Alm trophy. It simply doesn't make sense not to at least have him as a trophy. I would also personally love to see Mae, because she is my favorite of Echoes' non-Lord units. Everything she says is either awesome or hilarious, mostly hilarious. I also think the Whitewing sisters should all be trophies, as they represent both Archanea and Valentia.

Troykv

Smash Master
The models themselves should be fair game. They still use the designs IS themselves made. The only iffy ones may be Rowan, Lianna, and Darrios due to being OCs, Warriors Anna due to being an original design, and any Warriors-only promotion designs (like Frederick, Marth, Minerva, or Olivia's promotions).
Seeing Frederick's promotion is weird... is like he have an overclass xD

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If we're getting Celica at all, we're definitely getting an Alm trophy. It simply doesn't make sense not to at least have him as a trophy. I would also personally love to see Mae, because she is my favorite of Echoes' non-Lord units. Everything she says is either awesome or hilarious, mostly hilarious. I also think the Whitewing sisters should all be trophies, as they represent both Archanea and Valentia.
Going off of that, Camus/Zeke as well.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Random question to revive the thread. If Celica gets in and Snake's codec calls come back, who would you want to talk with him about Celica?

Maikou

Smash Ace
Random question to revive the thread. If Celica gets in and Snake's codec calls come back, who would you want to talk with him about Celica?
I feel like Mei Ling would be the best fit, since she already talks with Snake about Zelda and Marth. I'm not as familiar with those characters as some though, so maybe one of the other two would work.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So here's another question.

Say you had the choice of either getting Celica's Gaiden outfit or her Rigain outfit as an alternate costume. Which would you prefer?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I support, definitely the best FE rep for SSBU. She'd be great as a magic fighter with a Pichu-like gimmick of losing health like in Gaiden/Echoes.

So what would Celica's title on the Punch Out stage be?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I support, definitely the best FE rep for SSBU. She'd be great as a magic fighter with a Pichu-like gimmick of losing health like in Gaiden/Echoes.

So what would Celica's title on the Punch Out stage be?
If they go with her Heroes epithet, then Caring Princess. If they want something with a bit more oomph, then Priestess of Mila, Princess in Hiding, or Princess of Zofia.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Speaking of Celica though, someone should bump her support thread. I dont want to double post.
Well, you want it, Opossum, you got it.

I actually quite like the idea of Celica; alongside Lyn, I consistently put her on my rosters.

Echoes was so weird to play, but the good kind of weird.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, you want it, Opossum, you got it.

I actually quite like the idea of Celica; alongside Lyn, I consistently put her on my rosters.

Echoes was so weird to play, but the good kind of weird.
Yeah, by design it's very different from most other Fire Emblem games, continuing Nintendo's old NES era trend of making sequels radically different from the original. :p

--------------

Anywho, what taunts would everyone like Celica to have?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So here's another question.

Say you had the choice of either getting Celica's Gaiden outfit or her Rigain outfit as an alternate costume. Which would you prefer?
I would go with the Gaiden outfit. Just seems more iconic to me. But maybe her Rigain outfit could be an alt. 4 of her in one, 4 in the other - Wario style (though it's weird comparing Celica to Wario lol)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I would go with the Gaiden outfit. Just seems more iconic to me. But maybe her Rigain outfit could be an alt. 4 of her in one, 4 in the other - Wario style (though it's weird comparing Celica to Wario lol)
Come to think of it, Garlic is one of the provisions in Shadows of Valentia. :p

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
After watching Chrom in action, a thought just crossed mine mind; I wouldn't mind seeing Celica as an Echo Fighter of Zelda. Chrom's up-special is completely different from Roy's. That said, I could see Celica having similar moves to Zelda, with a few exceptions.

Instead of summoning a Phantom Knight, Celica could summon an Illusion. And instead of Nayru's Love, Celica could have Excalibur, which would blow away projectiles. Her side and up-specials would be more or less the same. The tilts, smashes, and lightning kicks could be replaced with sword attacks. As for Celica's dash attack, they could incorporate the fire dash she uses in dungeons.

Again, at this point I'm no longer expecting Celica, at least not as a whole new fighter. Ergo, I think being an Echo Fighter is her best bet. It would be quite fitting, given the title of her game's remake, Fire Emblem Echoes.

Luminario

Smash Lord
With the differences in Chrom and Dark Samus to their source characters, Celica does have even more potential to be a Robin echo. Dark Samus shows attack animations can be changed, and Chrom shows entire moves can be ripped from other fighters. It's not the best case scenario, but it might be the only one available.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
If Celica were to be an echo of anyone it would definitely be Robin. The main differences between the two would be:
  • Celica can use more spells but each one takes away her health like in Gaiden.
  • She'd always have a default sword instead of going from the levin sword to the basic one.
Since Chrom made it in, I'm not expecting Celica to show up but would be more than happy to see her in action.

Maikou

Smash Ace
It's simultaneously exciting and a bit disheartening to see Chrom get in. I'm excited regardless, as he has Aether for his recovery and he's definitely going to have his power balanced throughout his blade like Lucina, but while it's cool to see, this drastically lowers the chances of Celica making it in unless Sakurai decides another female fighter with an emphasis on magic attacks is worth having yet another FE character on the roster. I personally don't mind how many "slots" each franchise gets, but I can definitely understand why people have issues with "over-representation", and at this point I do think having 8 FE characters is a bit much, definitely unlikely. Still, it's possible Celica can still get in. It's unlikely, but hardly impossible.

Let's remain cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Yeah, Celica can definitely be a Robin echo now, but we are probably not going to get another FE character on the base roster sadly.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I feel really greedy at this point already having 7 FE fighters, but I still want Celica. I finished SOV a week ago and I just think she deserves a shot tbh. I wouldn't even mind her being a Robin Echo. Since Chrom showed that Echoes don't have to be 1 to 1, we can maybe get Roy's flame sword effects on Robin's lighting effects and Pichu's self-damage effects on Robin's durability mechanic. It's a stretch, but imo it can work. Chrom made sense but the Marth build fighters are pretty stale at this point.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I feel really greedy at this point already having 7 FE fighters, but I still want Celica. I finished SOV a week ago and I just think she deserves a shot tbh. I wouldn't even mind her being a Robin Echo. Since Chrom showed that Echoes don't have to be 1 to 1, we can maybe get Roy's flame sword effects on Robin's lighting effects and Pichu's self-damage effects on Robin's durability mechanic. It's a stretch, but imo it can work. Chrom made sense but the Marth build fighters are pretty stale at this point.
Hell I literally just got my most wanted newcomer but Celica would still be amazing, haha. Can't fault the heart for wanting what it wants when it comes to the roster. :p

Seriously though, out of the characters that haven't been outright disconfirmed, almost all of my current most wanted come from Pokémon and Fire Emblem.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Honestly it would be nice to have an 8th FE character just so you can do a full 8 player FE battle. I am very satisfied with Simon and K.Rool, but Celica would be icing on the cake.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Honestly it would be nice to have an 8th FE character just so you can do a full 8 player FE battle. I am very satisfied with Simon and K.Rool, but Celica would be icing on the cake.
I have to admit, that would really freaking cool. But honestly at this rate I'm very concerned about the complaints Sakurai is probably receiving about adding yet another new swordfighter, which would undoubtedly worsen if yet another sword-wielding character enters the fray, regardless of how much she actually uses the blade.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Hell I literally just got my most wanted newcomer but Celica would still be amazing, haha. Can't fault the heart for wanting what it wants when it comes to the roster. :p

Seriously though, out of the characters that haven't been outright disconfirmed, almost all of my current most wanted come from Pokémon and Fire Emblem.
I mean I grew up on the series currently in Smash, but I'm quite satisfied with them. I only just started getting into FE last year, yet I feel much more attached to it than other series. I think it's the nature of having so much content character-wise. I like Chrom but I hope he doesn't keep an SOV rep or a CYL pick out.

I guess I also want some Xenoblade reps. It's sad though because if Elma and Rex get in then that's another one of my favorite series that people will attack :(

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I guess I also want some Xenoblade reps. It's sad though because if Elma and Rex get in then that's another one of my favorite series that people will attack :(
People will complain about anything. In Brawl people complained about Star Fox and Kirby representation. And the people who complain neither play nor even understand a thing about the series they're complaining about. People complaining about Fire Emblem act like it's a new series and not something that originates from the Famicon.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Honestly the people who complain or are perhaps some of the loudest are the DK and the Metroid fans and right now they are getting a lot of love from Smash Ultimate with Ridley, K Rool and Dark Samus so really they have no right to complain anymore about reps (please don't take offense to that everyone).

People always forget that there is no predetermined number of 'slots' and that Sakurai doesn't think about trying to balance roster with an equal number of characters per franchise and usually goes with what he thinks makes a good moveset.

Also, 8 player smash with 8 different Fire Emblem characters would be great and fun which is why I would love if there is still a new unique FE character left for them to reveal whether it's Anna, Azura, Celica, Reinhardt etc. Though then again I guess that depends on whether or not you consider Male/Female Robin/Corrin different enough from each other

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So hey y'all, by request I counted the supporters here, there was a couple people I was unsure of, like TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom Kevandre Kevandre and Troykv Troykv so if you guys could clear that up for me, it'd be great.

Anyway if you wanna add supporters to the OP here's the list, for now you guys have 40 supporters!:

1. Altais
  2. Opossum
  3. Luminario
  4. nirvanafan
  5. SuzyHeart
  6. Lisbon Mapping
  7. Spirit Toons
  8. CrusherMania1592
  9. Carill
  10. spinalwolf
  11. totokekedile
  12. ShinyLegendary
  13. Lola Luftnagle
  14. CardiganBoy
  15. Wolfie557
  16. DMan64
  17. Aussie the Naturist
  18. Tyrant Tenebris
  19. AutismSpeaker
  20. Diddy Kong
  21. Nahric
  22. Propeller Toad
  23. Autumn♫
  24. MrRoidley
  25. Nintenzilla *Reboot
  26. PSIGuy
  27. RosaPeach
  28. SEGAGameBoy
  29. kool2419
  30. QrowinSP
  31. Roberk
  32. TMNTSSB4
  33. Burigu
  34. EchoAegis
  35. NSSKG151
  36. Maikou
  37. SuperNintendoKid
  38. Sari
  39. KMDP
  40. Dr. Jojo Phantasma

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
So hey y'all, by request I counted the supporters here, there was a couple people I was unsure of, like TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom Kevandre Kevandre and Troykv Troykv so if you guys could clear that up for me, it'd be great.

Anyway if you wanna add supporters to the OP here's the list, for now you guys have 40 supporters!:

1. Altais
  2. Opossum
  3. Luminario
  4. nirvanafan
  5. SuzyHeart
  6. Lisbon Mapping
  7. Spirit Toons
  8. CrusherMania1592
  9. Carill
  10. spinalwolf
  11. totokekedile
  12. ShinyLegendary
  13. Lola Luftnagle
  14. CardiganBoy
  15. Wolfie557
  16. DMan64
  17. Aussie the Naturist
  18. Tyrant Tenebris
  19. AutismSpeaker
  20. Diddy Kong
  21. Nahric
  22. Propeller Toad
  23. Autumn♫
  24. MrRoidley
  25. Nintenzilla *Reboot
  26. PSIGuy
  27. RosaPeach
  28. SEGAGameBoy
  29. kool2419
  30. QrowinSP
  31. Roberk
  32. TMNTSSB4
  33. Burigu
  34. EchoAegis
  35. NSSKG151
  36. Maikou
  37. SuperNintendoKid
  38. Sari
  39. KMDP
  40. Dr. Jojo Phantasma
I'm not generally a fan but since we aren't losing any previous FE reps I'm for it, if for no other reason than to get Erica Lindbeck in since Ashley was disconfirmed lol

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
  1. Altais
  2. Opossum
  3. Luminario
  4. nirvanafan
  5. SuzyHeart
  6. Lisbon Mapping
  7. Spirit Toons
  8. CrusherMania1592
  9. Carill
  10. spinalwolf
  11. totokekedile
  12. ShinyLegendary
  13. Lola Luftnagle
  14. CardiganBoy
  15. Wolfie557
  16. DMan64
  17. Aussie the Naturist
  18. Tyrant Tenebris
  19. AutismSpeaker
  20. Diddy Kong
  21. Nahric
  22. Propeller Toad
  23. Autumn♫
  24. MrRoidley
  25. Nintenzilla *Reboot
  26. PSIGuy
  27. RosaPeach
  28. SEGAGameBoy
  29. kool2419
  30. QrowinSP
  31. Roberk
  32. TMNTSSB4
  33. Burigu
  34. EchoAegis
  35. NSSKG151
  36. Maikou
  37. SuperNintendoKid
  38. Sari
  39. KMDP
  40. Dr. Jojo Phantasma
  41. Kevandre
Well there ya go Kev, 41 supporters as of right now. I'll leave it to the OP if they wanna keep track from now on.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So as a heads up, tonight Heroes is doing a small live stream showing off the CYL2 winners. Any last-minute predictions for Celica's?

I'm sticking with mine: Infantry Blue Tome, Uninheritable B-Skill based on her devotion to Mila, Legendary Tome with Seraphim, and her Rigain design.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So as a heads up, tonight Heroes is doing a small live stream showing off the CYL2 winners. Any last-minute predictions for Celica's?

I'm sticking with mine: Infantry Blue Tome, Uninheritable B-Skill based on her devotion to Mila, Legendary Tome with Seraphim, and her Rigain design.
Ragnarok Ω with the unique passive called "Mila's Blessings"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ragnarok Ω with the unique passive called "Mila's Blessings"
My only hesitation with that is it'd be kind of disappointing to see Celica go down the Hector/Takumi route and have all of her alts be the same color. :p

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Flying Healer.

Either Celica or Veronica, really, but I'm calling it.

1. Altais
  2. Opossum
  3. Luminario
  4. nirvanafan
  5. SuzyHeart
  6. Lisbon Mapping
  7. Spirit Toons
  8. CrusherMania1592
  9. Carill
  10. spinalwolf
  11. totokekedile
  12. ShinyLegendary
  13. Lola Luftnagle
  14. CardiganBoy
  15. Wolfie557
  16. DMan64
  17. Aussie the Naturist
  18. Tyrant Tenebris
  19. AutismSpeaker
  20. Diddy Kong
  21. Nahric
  22. Propeller Toad
  23. Autumn♫
  24. MrRoidley
  25. Nintenzilla *Reboot
  26. PSIGuy
  27. RosaPeach
  28. SEGAGameBoy
  29. kool2419
  30. QrowinSP
  31. Roberk
  32. TMNTSSB4
  33. Burigu
  34. EchoAegis
  35. NSSKG151
  36. Maikou
  37. SuperNintendoKid
  38. Sari
  39. KMDP
  40. Dr. Jojo Phantasma
  41. Kevandre
Well there ya go Kev, 41 supporters as of right now. I'll leave it to the OP if they wanna keep track from now on.
May I be added to the list, please?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Might as well do a full guess list. Some serious, some not.

Red: Cavalry Sword Veronica dressed as Xander.
Blue: Infantry Tome Rigain Celica with Seraphim.
Green: Armored Axe Hector with Brave Armads because IS won't break up their OTP.
Colorless: Flying Staff Ephraim with Latona. Rides a wyvern just to make Summer Innes upset.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024

Also hoping for Rigain design for Celica this time. As for her weapon type I'm hoping for infantry blue tome Seraphim, cavalry/flying blue/colorless Mila's Bow and for my 'would like but most likely not going to happen prediction' I want her to be the next Reinhardt and be a green tome cavalry with Celica's Gale (maybe call it Divine Excalibur this time) from Awakening that lets her attack twice in a row while dressed as Conrad since I heard people say the theme this time might be siblings. My unpopular guess that I really hope they don't do is Golden Dagger as a red or colorless dagger weapon type.

As for unique skills I am still thinking they might do a rerun of last years and do Zofia's Blessings as her b-slot skill but if not I could see her c-slot being unique this time and be Mila's blessings that give a boost of some kind to her allies instead of herself. Maybe something like if ally unit is within two spaces of Celica they gain special cooldown +1 and ignore stat boosts from enemy dragons/armors or something along those lines.

So really I am hopeful they give her a non-red tome or a bow. I know she didn't wield bows in her home game but when I look at her Rigain design I can already imagine her holding a bow in her hands.

Last edited:
Top Bottom