• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celebrity Rehab Mafia: Day 5 Begins! Deadline is Monday, May 28th at 11:59 PM EST!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yay on majority.

Yay on no re-entrance.

Really don't care on people disagreeing being scummy since if someone disagrees they can just leave.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yo, I'm out of town currently in Florida, but I'll be back on Monday.

Chaco

Never Logs In
There's only four of us for now :). Alright TA this how we are going to work. We will evaluate everyone's membership two times a day. Once at the beginning of the day and once during the middle of the day (about 5 irl days). During each evaluation phase you may choose to opt out of the Town Alliance or propose the disbarment of another member(s).

While in the TA we shall stand together, vote together, work together. Who we as as group choose to vote shall work in this way:

-Any member may bring forth a proposed motion. "TA: I propose (motion)"
-All members shall vote for or against the motion using "TA: Yay on (motion)" or "TA: Nay on (motion)."

Example:

As a group we will take whatever action receives majority. So it would follow from this that we would vote from Chaco. There are currently 4 of us. Since OS will follow my vote we will just consider the three of our votes (Axel, Kanty, DH). Each of us being worth one (I don't get another vote from OS, he will just follow our decisions).

TA: Anything either of you would like to amend? I propose we add 2 more people before d1. Our next evaluation phase will be 5 days from the start of d1.
Those who jumped on your idea are now on my radar. Clever, Zen.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
@Chaco: Why exactly are the people he picked on your radar? If you had to pick to vote off DH or Kantrip, who would you choose and why?

@Pink Lemon: I dunno atm. You're looking a bit strange. I do want to be friends, I'm not sure if you're town enough for the town alliance just yet.

@Kanty: OS is joining us :reverse:

@OS: What do you think about the red claiming?
Awww alright. :( *rejected*

How exactly do we look strange to you?

Vote: Gorf
Why do you vote the MOD?

I am taking place in no alliance. It is a classic time wasting move, and one I will fight tooth and nail. My lynch list will be everyone within that "town alliance", and will not waver under any circumstances save for guaranteed scum.

Hiding a trail is the only reason I can see that existing. It is again, a bad idea.
Doesn't your randomized vote leader thing do the same thing?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Alright my town read of OS is now null. Though so long as he is voting with me he is fine in my book. OS will you still follow the person you're following if they choose to vote you?

That post #97 was completely useless. Which is why my town read of you has changed. Why on earth would you make such a long post on the "fallacies" of d1 claiming. The only reasoning I come up with is that you are trying to (1) look like you're contributing something useful or (2) attempting to foster a discussion that will not bring forth anything of value for town ie a distraction. I don't like it. Though I did enjoy reading it nonetheless n.n

Or, in one sentence for one suggestion you made so many mental errors I could write all that off the top of my head about it.

Let's play the scenario game.

Let's assume you're town/indie for scenario A.

If you are town or indie, it is obvious that you do not have external knowledge of other alignments to any large degree. If this is the case, your "town alliance" can only be presented deliberately knowing it is a bad idea, thus putting those that accept it onto your radar. You might get a bonus of them following you around.

Let's assume mafia for scenario B.

If you're mafia, you can use this town alliance to manipulate events to your advantage because you hold more votes than others. Other town alliances in the past have traditionally had two mafia members on it, if not more, and have been seemingly successful in this.

In Scenario A, you're setting up mislynches for people that aren't careful. In Scenario B, you're anti-town.

I like neither.

Pink Lemonade said:
Doesn't your randomized vote leader thing do the same thing?
Yes, incredibly so.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
If you're mafia, you can use this town alliance to manipulate events to your advantage because you hold more votes than others. Other town alliances in the past have traditionally had two mafia members on it, if not more, and have been seemingly successful in this.
The thing is, it's not directly holding votes, as it is based on majority, rather than just sheeping. In the case of one person manipulating another person, and those two getting majority while the last one disagrees, the last one can just leave, which decreases scum's influence. If the scum manage to convince everyone else, then that's just manipulation via convincing people, which is hardly new.

@Pink

Give me reads.

@Joey

Why do paranoid?

Axel

J|Zεη
OS I never said anything to you about the town alliance, I don't know why you're talking about it.

TA: I propose we vote Pink Lemonade d1

Please review the posts he has made so far. They do not line up. His thought process is not together.
1. He voted before the game began. I know well how Ran thinks as town from hydraing with him twice. He is VERY analytic and contemplated Everything. He may not seem it, but he does pay very much attention when he is attempting to gain reads. His vote here is very off for the fact that he wasn't attempting to gain a read, but rather looking like he was doing something.

2. #127. He questioned Joey about whether it mattered if votes counted or not. First of all think about how useless this question is. There is nothing he could possibly gain from this. He asked this because he is nervous about mistakingly voting pregame.

3. Look at the other questions he has been asking. We all know Ran asks useless questions, but he always has some sort of reason behind them, mostly due to curiosity. The questions he has been asking here though completely have nothing he can gain from them at all. Nothing. It's as if he is trying to set up bases for throwing suspicion around. Take a look at #74, the bottom quote. How does OS response not answer him? It does completely. Town Ran would say something like "oh ok" from this, but instead he is unnecessarily trying to push on it. He's fake scumhunting everywhere, trying to push/set up suspicion on absolutely nothing.

Honestly I'd be ok with a ql on Lemon d1. I'm 97 + .075% certain they are scum.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
My thought process is together.

You should know I like to vote people I haven't played with. So, that would either be

A. Marshy
B. Kantrip

I had no JOKE to put into it, so I just voted without reason. And hey, I got a reaction from him? Did it get me a read? No. Do my RVS votes usually get me a read? No, but I still try.

2. So what? There is nothing wrong with voting RVS vote with that reason. ****, that's a pretty good reason for an RVS vote. He could be nervous because he is voting a scumbuddy to distance. Or maybe he is just nervous. Don't expect me to do nothing. Plus, asking these questions can get discussion going in RVS, and that is what I like to do in RVS baby.

3. No, it doesn't answer me at all. No, I have told you that I follow up with my questions. You know that from experience, I have learned going 'oh ok' doesn't do anything, the exact opposite you are accusing me of.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
You have seen my 'thought' process when I asked OS a different question. You know he was being unhelpful with me, so don't try to act like what he said did answer me. :glare:

Him randomizing the playerlist so early in the game and giving them his vote, doesn't help him find scum. (Because he wouldn't have a read on any of the players yet) He can be either letting scum or town use his vote. So, this to me seems like he doesn't care where his vote would go, therefore not caring about scumhunting. I wanted to know why he was exactly doing that, to see if there could have been a reason. Nope, he just ignored me.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Well I was just trying to get at your motive.

"I do what I want" Doesn't help me understand why you did that. Sure maybe you wanted to, but I wanted to know why you wanted to.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
The thing is, it's not directly holding votes, as it is based on majority, rather than just sheeping. In the case of one person manipulating another person, and those two getting majority while the last one disagrees, the last one can just leave, which decreases scum's influence. If the scum manage to convince everyone else, then that's just manipulation via convincing people, which is hardly new.
I understand that Axel just wants a little help from his friends, but this makes absolutely no sense. It says that you, Axel, and Kantrip will all vote for the same person and if not they are not part of your TA. If it was really an alliance then the opinions of the other members would be respected instead of brushed off. Let's take what Axel proposed that you all vote for Lemon D1. If either you or Kantrip agrees it basically forces the other one to vote with them or leave. Assuming OS decides to let his vote stay with Axel, this gives him a lot of power.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So I'm guessing that part of the reason this pre-confirmation exists is that someone gets to kill someone before the game begins. Maybe me.

Hypothetically, if someone was going to have such an ability, who should he use it on?

Axel, you won the lottery so you can choose unless someone, hypothetically, convinces me otherwise. Which they might, since you've been so grimy.

PL said:
Well I was just trying to get at your motive.

"I do what I want" Doesn't help me understand why you did that. Sure maybe you wanted to, but I wanted to know why you wanted to.
I think you're trying to assume motive has something to do with it. It's not too hard to figure out really. Either I'm being completely honest and just randomly giving someone my vote for a bit with no extra knowledge, or I have extra knowledge as town or scum. If I have extra knowledge as town, that's good. If I have extra knowledge as scum, then the choices are calculated and you can read them as such. More importantly, asking me this question would just result in me lying to you in some fashion, or saying something "safe" you can't punish. My defense at all times if you thought there was a connection would be "Meh, it's random" until I flipped, which couldn't occur solely on this alone.

So in short, it's kind of a dead end for your questioning here.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Inferno, I said that the person who disagrees COULD choose to leave, not forced.

Gotta agree on the pink lemonade. There's also the fact that pink has hardly shown any actual opinions.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You guys are idiots.

Axel 30
Dark Horse 20
Kantrip 18
Pink Lemonade 12
marshy 8
Dooms 7
Gorf 7
Overswarm 7
Orboknown 6
Red Ryu 6
Xonar 3
KevinM 2
JTB 2
Sworddancer. 2
Inferno3044 2
Rajam 2
Chaco 2
J 2
Ranmaru 1
Rockin 1

There are players that haven't posted at all yet. Why in the seven layers of hell would you tip your hand PRIOR TO DAY ONE on that you want to lynch Pink Lemonade for bull**** reasons, thus letting the majority of town sit on their laurels when D1 actually begins knowing that the **** is already flowing in another direction?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Inferno, I said that the person who disagrees COULD choose to leave, not forced.

Gotta agree on the pink lemonade. There's also the fact that pink has hardly shown any actual opinions.
Let me get some clarification then. You just agreed with the pink lemonade lynch. What are Kantrip's options? Can he oppose the lynch, decide to not vote for him, and still be in the alliance?

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
@OS: Hmmm, ok. I just assumed you were randomly handing out your vote. Honestly I don't know what to say to this. I'll drop the questioning. I feel as though you ignored my questions so you could later tell me the options of what you would have done/said, which just still prods me to have to think of what you would have done... :urg:

@Anyone: Have any idea on how to read OS???

@Inferno: What is your opinion on Axel's reasons on me?

What exactly do you agree on?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
There are players that haven't posted at all yet. Why in the seven layers of hell would you tip your hand PRIOR TO DAY ONE on that you want to lynch Pink Lemonade for bull**** reasons, thus letting the majority of town sit on their laurels when D1 actually begins knowing that the **** is already flowing in another direction?
Votes aren't set in stone. Someone could come in and change my opinion, yet now, with the current situation, I want to lynch pink.

Let me get some clarification then. You just agreed with the pink lemonade lynch. What are Kantrip's options? Can he oppose the lynch, decide to not vote for him, and still be in the alliance?
Yes, he could still be in it.

Also, let's assume Zen is scum and managed to convince me, while kantrip disagrees. If he leaves the group, Zen doesn't have as many people to "manipulate" as previously.

@ pink

Your lynch.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I think the reasons are half-baked, but he might just want to get the ball rolling even though the game hasn't even started yet. What bothers me about him is the idea of the alliance and the want to quick lynch.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I think the reasons are half-baked, but he might just want to get the ball rolling even though the game hasn't even started yet. What bothers me about him is the idea of the alliance and the want to quick lynch.
I never said I wanted to quicklynch.

Answer my question first, DH, and then I will answer yours.
My question answers yours.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
@Inferno: Thanks.

@DH:

No, Dh, it doesn't. See, you have asked me for reads right after my first post. I don't see how you can expect me to have a read when I JUST posted my first post. Does this make sense?

Now then. We have gone over this twice now, yet you haven't voted me for it, or agreed to my lynch, until Axel proposed it. So I assumed you agreed with his reasons. Earlier you said "Pardon me, I don't want to drag this out" What was the meaning of that?

You yourself haven't given reads, nor have you DONE anything to garner reads, and you expect others (like myself) to do your work for you. You ask me to give reads to look like you are scumhunting, but you are not. You are backseat scumhunting, and you agree to my lynch only because I haven't given a read yet, even though I had done much more. Mafia isn't all about 'giving reads/not giving reads'. You even parroted my question to joey about his 'paranoia' trying to look useful.

I'm getting a very bad impression from you DH. Explain yourself~

Vote: Darkhose

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Man I ain't even counting votes yet two players haven't even CONFIRMED.

Oh and probz gonna make it 24 hours so that the game gets started/there's been plenty'a time to know that the game's running and shiz.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Effective Immediately: All hydra's MUST post in their hydra account. If found not posting in their hydra account and not having quoted said out-of-hydra post on the hydra, a mod vote will be implemented. If you have a string of post on non-hydra, however, and don't quote ALL OF THEM, it will be one modvote. For example, Kuz posts 6 posts on Kuz and not their hydra and don't quote any. 1 modvote. They quote 5, still one modvote. I feel this is the fairest way and since my word is god that's the way the cookie crumbles.

And yes, Kuz/Sword I implore you to make a hydra account before tomorrow, cuz I won't just deal with out-of-hydra posting. I'm sorry but yea.

Top Bottom