• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celebrity Rehab Mafia: Day 5 Begins! Deadline is Monday, May 28th at 11:59 PM EST!

Axel

J|Zεη
First order of business: marshy and Red Ryu are obvious scummates, no?
S-T interaction to me.

:smirk::reverse::cool::scared::woman::bee::glare::c:awesome::urg::mad:
That's supposed to be activity levels.

Why on earth am I not the greenest of greens?
I, Zen. Aizen. Sousuke Aizen Devision 5 have not played with you so I wasn't sure. I based it off your mod activity in DK.
confirmamundo
I recall this being a 100% scumtell for you. Why are you still doing it ._.? Did you do this confirmation in Upick Pokemon?
The winner of today's lottery: Axel

So unless I find someone I want to vote today, Axel will determine who I vote simply by voting.

So unless I've got a good reason to vote someone else, Axel is basically a double voter today. This'll change tomorrow. Or when I get bored.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFHEEEEELLL YEAH

@Pink Lemon: I dunno atm. You're looking a bit strange. I do want to be friends, I'm not sure if you're town enough for the town alliance just yet.

@Kanty: OS is joining us :reverse:

@OS: What do you think about the red claiming?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I recall this being a 100% scumtell for you. Why are you still doing it ._.? Did you do this confirmation in Upick Pokemon?
Dude what. I wasn't even in Pokemon upick.

I started doing it waay before shining force.

Axel

J|Zεη
Yeah you were .-.

Asdioh's game. You don't remember? And yes I know you did it before SF. You did it in Superheroes, but then again did you even know you were scum that game? It was kept hidden from you wasn't it?

Axel

J|Zεη
btw DH what do you think about having the reds claim? You see me and Kanty's view?

@Marshy: Should I take it that you're against it? Or did you think I was just doing pregame shenanigans?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Man, I've completely forgotten about asdioh's game.

No, I didn't know I was scum. There's also the fact that I used it in games like ragnarok an DKR, where I was town.

Having the reds claim is a bad idea this early on, with little to no information. It's why you don't mass claim early D1.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah especially when I first joined my activity was insane. With school it's not as crazy good but it's still in the green zone for sure with some of the people in that category already.

inb4 the town alliance becomes most of the game

Axel

J|Zεη
There's only four of us for now :). Alright TA this how we are going to work. We will evaluate everyone's membership two times a day. Once at the beginning of the day and once during the middle of the day (about 5 irl days). During each evaluation phase you may choose to opt out of the Town Alliance or propose the disbarment of another member(s).

While in the TA we shall stand together, vote together, work together. Who we as as group choose to vote shall work in this way:

-Any member may bring forth a proposed motion. "TA: I propose (motion)"
-All members shall vote for or against the motion using "TA: Yay on (motion)" or "TA: Nay on (motion)."

Example:
zen said:
TA: I propose we vote Chaco
Kanty said:
TA: Yay on Chaco
Dark Horse said:
TA: Nay on Chaco
Zen said:
TA: Yay on Chaco
As a group we will take whatever action receives majority. So it would follow from this that we would vote from Chaco. There are currently 4 of us. Since OS will follow my vote we will just consider the three of our votes (Axel, Kanty, DH). Each of us being worth one (I don't get another vote from OS, he will just follow our decisions).

TA: Anything either of you would like to amend? I propose we add 2 more people before d1. Our next evaluation phase will be 5 days from the start of d1.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Seems awfully structured when there's no penalty for denying the majority. Anyone can just vote regardless of the majority decision, and then what?

Axel

J|Zεη
Actually I did think of that. I think that anyone who betrays before a scheduled opt out phase should be considered as scum and should take our votes. I didn't think this would be necessary at this time though since it's just the three of us, and I'm pretty sure the two of you are civil enough.

@DH: The thing about that is that it would be difficult for us to come to agreement with voting if we have disagreements. However, it's not as if we aren't going to be able to discuss our views with each other and try and convince each other other wise if we are in disagreement.

Axel

J|Zεη
Oh yeah remember, there are two times during a day phase that you can opt out of the TA if you feel that it is not accomplishing what you wish/you don't trust the members in it/you disagree to much with the views of the other members too much.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
The thing is, a majority vote can fracture it, as, if a person disagrees with the other two, they might be less inclined to do TA stuff.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I am strongly opposed to "obey the majority or be scum". For one, it completely obstructs my ability to read anyone in the group except for the one who puts forth an idea. Everyone else is basically either sheeping the idea or choosing to oppose the idea. At this point, there's no more free will. If the votes are 2 to 1 and the 1 really doesn't want to be forced to do something they don't agree with, we're gonna declare 'em scum for that?

Not only that, but there's the chance of scum in our alliance pretty easily. I have to ask, by which merits was Dark Horse admitted? What made you invite him when you did?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@OS: What do you think about the red claiming?
Logical fallacy.

Appeal to Fear. Inactives mean scum has a better chance at winning, so we should kill the people that are inactive as quickly as possible or, in this case, make them claim so we have enough information to lynch or clear them.

appeal to fear said:
This is irrelevant. Having the inactives claim would result in 24% of our roster making their roles available to the public or lying and potentially harming their town play in the future (such as a tracker tracking a visit from the cop who claimed VT). Mafia and Town alike both have similar reasons for wanting to lie when they are supposed to claim, thus allowing anyone to claim "VT" and then later change their claim with no harm done. Claiming normally results in people claiming their actual abilities to save them from a lynch. Claiming prematurely merely results in the entire list of claimants being forced into a poor position from which they can't recover. Mafia kills them if they are valuable, or they are valuable and lie to town and then we can't use that information. Making inactives claim give us no better chance of winning; it would only be at their lynch after we could cross reference their play with their claim or force them to survive a Night and prove themselves that claiming would be acceptable in this circumstance.
Appeal to Belief. Everyone believes those people to be inactive, therefore they must be inactive.

They have shown no evidence of being inactive, and each game is completely different than the last. You have accused them of a crime they couldn't possibly commit as D1 hasn't even started yet.
Appeal to Common Practice. Appeal to Tradition. Inactives traditionally aid in scum due to their non-presence in the game and, more importantly, on the lynch, so therefore it is right to lynch them on the basis of being inactive alone, despite being scummy. We do it all the time and even when we don't it's almost always suggested, so why not?

Just because some dink always suggests killing inactives as per policy doesn't mean it is the right thing to do. There's a reason inactives are sometimes killed; there's 4 people on your list. Unless you are willing to lynch those 4 people for days 1, 2, 3, and 4 and then hope that we're in a good position to finally play the game I don't think you're thinking long term.
Confusing Cause and Effect. Inactives prevent us from having information due to their non-presence, making them unlynchable in the traditional sense; claiming presents us with information we can parse to determine their alignment.

Claiming (cause) does not reach realization of their alignment (effect). Claiming with evidence, such as a proveable tracking ability, or claiming with a post history we can look at for evidence allows us to reach realization of their alignment. Big difference.
Guilt by Association. The "red" names are of varying inactivity levels in the past, but since they can all be categorized within the same "tier" of activity in relation to the others we should treat the most inactive and the least inactive the same way.

You can't honestly tell me that they're all just as inactive as one another or that you did any sort of calculation to put them there. You lumped them together. Plus, you put Ranmaru/July as green.
Middle Ground Fallacy. Leaving inactives alive is bad, and lynching inactives by default is bad. Therefore, the middle ground of having them claim is the best action.

Pretty obvious. You haven't proved this is a good idea even worth considering.
Questionable Cause. Inactives are often a source of frustration for town and have sometimes cost town the game as they are not targets of mafia Night Kills, therefore they help mafia.

Just because Inactives and a Mafia win are often correlated doesn't mean that Inactives are the source of the mafia win, nor that they are the best aspect of mafia's strategy.
Biased Sample Fallacy. From this collection of players, we've selected which we feel to be most inactive, and have described them as inactive. Therefore, they will be inactive and others will be active.

You picked out a group and listed them as inactive, yet other players that have had a history of inactivity are simply listed as "yellow", or in some cases "green". They are immune from the mass claim. You specifically picked people out that have a persona of being inactive rather than the act of being inactive. Because you did not studies or any thought past your own interpretation, this is a biased sample. This is evidenced by the list Marshy quoted showing Orbo as a red, and your new list as a yellow, despite him not having any games inbetween that time. Ditto to Dark Horse.

Appeal to Novelty. Having inactives claim early on is new and sexy. Therefore, it can't be discounted and is a logical request in comparison to "policy lynch all inactives".

You seem fine submitting this idea as if it takes a village to determine if it is authentic or not. It is clearly not, and takes very little thought to know why. Your suggestion of this as a legitimate strategy makes me wonder about how careful you are being.
While these playeres may be more likely to be inactive due to their history, current evidence does not suggest they are inactive as D1 has yet to begin. Because of this, any attempt at manipulating the flow of information would be done totally on hidden motives or due to a standard logical fallacy.

I cannot in good faith force a player into a vulnerable position and, by a biased sample, choose who the Day is focused on, in a blind game that at best is fueled by logical fallacies and inadequate planning.

If we're going to force a claim, I'd do it by random lottery and only with myself being the chooser to determine authenticity. As this is the only acceptable stance at this point for anyone that wants a random lottery, it is not a viable course of action.

In short, it's a bad idea.

Axel

J|Zεη
I see your points, but we should not fear.
If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.
That shouldn't stop us from trying.
To bring forth unity and power to destroy scum.
With an iron fist.

Think of it this way. It's a choice you make just as we make with government. You choose to give up some of your freedom, to gain unity/power. Congress disagrees on stuff, but we need congress to make laws for the ultimate good. Some times some people don't get what they want, sometimes they do.

By agreeing to the alliance you are essentially becoming a quadruple voter. You may sometimes disagree, but it is likely that we will agree more often than not. Furthermore, since there are simply three of us, disagreements will be minimal. Each of us only has to gain the opinion of one other person to pass a motion.

Kanty do you not have a read on DH? Do you have a read on me? DH the same questions for you regarding I and Kanty. You are correct Kanty that this group requires trust. Which again is why we are keeping the numbers limited and why we have two evaluation phases each day in which each of us will be evaluated.

As for my read on DH, it's how easygoing he was when I was talking to him. I didn't feel any guilt from him. I can say with 97% - 48.5X2% confidence that he is town. The three of you were pretty easy to pick out. If we do so choose to add any new members I say it should be a unanimous agreement.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I am taking place in no alliance. It is a classic time wasting move, and one I will fight tooth and nail. My lynch list will be everyone within that "town alliance", and will not waver under any circumstances save for guaranteed scum.

Hiding a trail is the only reason I can see that existing. It is again, a bad idea.

Axel

J|Zεη
Ok you don't have to be a part of it. You will simply vote as I do. Hence why I claimed you were a part of it since I will be voting whichever way the alliance decides.

Kantrip

Kantplay
The alliance would still require you convince everyone else to vote with you, which is something one should expect to do anyways. In short, it's either completely redundant or a hindrance.

Last experience I had with something that called itself the "town alliance" was in Majora's Mask. It contained 2 members of the mafia AND the indy in that game, and the group's first order of business was bussing and lynching a third mafioso for town points for the whole group.

I'm open to bouncing ideas off of each other and voting together sometimes, but I'm not committing to anything that will obstruct the game in such a way such an alliance would.

Axel

J|Zεη
Alright my town read of OS is now null. Though so long as he is voting with me he is fine in my book. OS will you still follow the person you're following if they choose to vote you?

That post #97 was completely useless. Which is why my town read of you has changed. Why on earth would you make such a long post on the "fallacies" of d1 claiming. The only reasoning I come up with is that you are trying to (1) look like you're contributing something useful or (2) attempting to foster a discussion that will not bring forth anything of value for town ie a distraction. I don't like it. Though I did enjoy reading it nonetheless n.n

Axel

J|Zεη
Ok Kanty you don't have to be in it. DH and I will be fine for now. When other's start posting, we can add someone else. You didn't answer my question regarding your read on me and DH.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Zen, you've got to consider the fact that he is pretty much giving you your vote. It draws way too much attention for scum to do it (the only support for scum is wifom). That's pretty convincing.

Yes, I have a read on both you and kantrip.

Kantrip

Kantplay
No reads yet to be perfectly honest.

@DH: OS giving his vote to a "random" player is a complete null tell. I use quotation marks simply because we don't know his methods and can't be sure they were random at all. It shouldn't convince you of anything that he's willing to do that for D1. Tell me what it's convincing you of.

Axel

J|Zεη
DH you should know that should be treated as a null tell especially with OS. He's the kind of person to come up with elaborate plans as scum. Him following me doesn't signify him being townie at all.

Axel

J|Zεη
@DH I thought the same until thinking it over after his #97.
@Kanty: Why would that matter? Especially with reading me? Let me look and I'll get to you.

Axel

J|Zεη
I'd want Kuzowrds, Lemon, and Rajam. Because they all have swell reads. Kuz by my side would have the power to hold the alliance together. Marshy would be good to. I just wouldn't see him agreeing to it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
/I have read and received my role PM and am ready to participate in this Mafia event as well as hanging out with my bro Marshy :D

Kantrip

Kantplay
Rajam has swell reads? I didn't know that about him. All I'm used to seeing is mechanic ramblings and disconnection cases.

I'll be a part of the alliance thing for now, but I would like to request a motion to start us off.

TA motion: A member may opt to leave the TA at any time, rather than having to wait for a judgement period. Voting other members out can still wait until judgement periods.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm glad OS gave me an IN SHORT at the end otherwise I would have had to replace out.

He's like EE the Novelist Mafia

Axel

J|Zεη
I'll agree to the motion/notion (whatever the social thread decided is the correct diction) if that once a person leaves, they can not rejoin. Agreed?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Yay for kantrip

Honestly, I see no benefit for the "once every 5 days," as people who want to leave would have to wait the whole time.

Zen, I don't see why anyone would want to rejoin, so I'll give thr a yay.

Axel

J|Zεη
The benefit for the 5 day period (that is 5 irl days) is so that members would maintain their obligations to the group during that time even if they disagreed. If they didn't like the group they could leave during the evaluation period. But so long as they were in the group during the 5 days they would still have the obligation of following the group otherwise we would enforce that punishment. But that's no longer a concern.

Axel

J|Zεη
Yeah that's fine. If someone goes against the group they will simply be dismembered.

Are we going with unanimous or majority?

TA: Yay on Majority

Top Bottom