• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celebrity Rehab Mafia: Day 5 Begins! Deadline is Monday, May 28th at 11:59 PM EST!

X1-12

Smash Champion
You are saying I should have responded to points before I left? There weren't any points! RR and co were just voting me redundantly - What do you think I should have said - "lol don't vote me k thx" Why would this help? Townies should be scumhunting not concerning themselves with their own wagon.

@OS: You're expecting miracles from me. I'm working on it now while also trying to deal with the bobmardment of questions that are coming at me right now

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Yes, you should have. If you know you are town, then you should have convinced the town that your wagon was crap, yet you ignored it. If you don't defend yourself, your credibility goes down and no one will trust you in the town. Sure you should scumhunt, but you can't handwave even crap reasons man.

You should have said "Wow the Macman-marshy alliance is just sitting on me; Ask them questions about the game;" Obviously if they were just sitting on you, this would have made them scummy to you in some way, right? So I'm sure you can scumhunted on them as well, because again, they were voting you while not doing a damn thing for town.

It would help other townies realize that the wagon on you was crap, and could have commented on RR, Macman, and Marshy and possibly been able to move to better wagons, like Rockin or Kantrip.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
This mindset asks too many what ifs and causes us to lynch potential town recklessly.
that mindset provides an appropriate amount of cautiousness towards a potentially powerful scum role and causes us to remove a major headache

reckless...maybe. not necessarily a bad thing considering another last minute wagon could be reckless as well

:rolleyes:

overswarm if not x1 today then who?

:phone:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Deadline set for 4/10 at 11:59 PM! With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!

frozenflame751- (0)
KevinM- (1) Overswarm
X1-12- (6) Macman, Marshy, Kantrip, Frozenflame, KevinM, Pink Lemonade
Rajam- (1) Orboknown
Rockin- (2) Chaco, Pink Lemonade
Dark Horse- (0)
Macman- (0)
marshy- (0)
Vinyl.- (2) Kafkaesque, X1-12
Pink Lemonade (Ranmaru/July hydra)- (1) Dark Horse
Kafkaesque- (0)
J- (0)
Red Ryu- (0)
Orboknown- (1) Rajam
Kantrip- (2) Rockin, Vanderzant
Vanderzant- (0)
Overswarm- (0)

Not Voting- (0)

Request Deadline Extention- (3) Overswarm, X1-12, Red Ruy

X1-12

Smash Champion
Yes, you should have. If you know you are town, then you should have convinced the town that your wagon was crap, yet you ignored it. If you don't defend yourself, your credibility goes down and no one will trust you in the town. Sure you should scumhunt, but you can't handwave even crap reasons man.

You should have said "Wow the Macman-marshy alliance is just sitting on me; Ask them questions about the game;" Obviously if they were just sitting on you, this would have made them scummy to you in some way, right? So I'm sure you can scumhunted on them as well, because again, they were voting you while not doing a damn thing for town.

It would help other townies realize that the wagon on you was crap, and could have commented on RR, Macman, and Marshy and possibly been able to move to better wagons, like Rockin or Kantrip.
Ran think about it from my perspective. I have a limited amount of time and I could either: Make a case on players x and y who I find to be scum, OR ask why people are voting me and discourage them from doing so. The first option is clearly better and is what I did.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
I will think about it. I find his late cop claim to be suspicious. How many deadline extensions are we allowed in this large? (I just don't want it to go to waste)

@X1: You could have said both. With such weak reasons for your wagon, you could have just stated in bold "Why are you on mah wagon etc etc". It isn't that hard. It's not like they presented a BIG case on you.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Ran you find the fact my claim is late to be suspicious. Despite the fact that I was V/LA the whole time I was asked to claim.....

Ran I don't see the point getting into a "No YOUR wrong" argument over my wagon. Waste of my time, you're thinking they had weak reasons. No. They had no reasons and debating with them would literally be like "NO U" Its not like I ignored those players, just their votes on me

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
OS, why do you vote me?

X1: They had a very weak reason on Inferno. That's it. You could have said that at least. You could have stated that they didn't even give you time to even catch up and just kept voting ya.

Yeah I don't know exactly how long your v/la was tho. I'll have to look into that. I felt it was mistimed tho.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Ran:
also @MOD: V/LA Sunday-Tuesday, am visiting my Brother, may have PC access may not.

Will post again before tomorrow is out so I can answer anything/make a decent post before V/LA then should be able to make a post on Tues before the deadline.
10char

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Ah ok I missed that. Like I said I skimmed some of your posts, and I wouldn't have known unless the Mod would have put that in his vote counts.

That's legit.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Deadline set for 4/10 at 11:59 PM! With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!

frozenflame751- (0)
KevinM- (1) Overswarm
X1-12- (6) Macman, Marshy, Kantrip, Frozenflame, KevinM, Pink Lemonade
Rajam- (1) Orboknown
Rockin- (2) Chaco, Pink Lemonade
Dark Horse- (0)
Macman- (0)
marshy- (0)
Vinyl.- (2) Kafkaesque, X1-12
Pink Lemonade (Ranmaru/July hydra)- (1) Dark Horse
Kafkaesque- (0)
J- (0)
Red Ryu- (0)
Orboknown- (1) Rajam
Kantrip- (2) Rockin, Vanderzant
Vanderzant- (0)
Overswarm- (0)

Not Voting- (0)

Request Deadline Extension- (3) Overswarm, X1-12, Red Ruy

Mod note: It takes seven deadline extension requests to extend the deadline. If not met by 11:59 tonight, the deadline remains. If met prior to 11:59 tonight, it is extended, but I won't be on by deadline tonight. If a lynch is reached, twilight is until I can get the flip up.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Marshy how the hell did you get from earlier saying "might switch [to Vinyl] before the day ends" to "lets still lynch X1 even though he's cop"

X1-12

Smash Champion
^ Especially when your only intermediate post was: "f his claim" You start with saying you might Switch wagons, then WITHOUT ME POSTING you've now decided you don't even care what I claim, and now I've claimed cop you're posting in a way which implies you believe my claim but still want to lynch me because my results might get messed with????

X1-12

Smash Champion
I have skimmed the game up to now and properly read the posts of people who've stood out. This isn't finished because I really need to read several people's posts to get a proper read on them (most importantly FF's and Vand's) but right now I'd rather push nails through my eyeballs than read all his posts. I'm going to go shower and eat some dinner and will be back in an hour, maybe 1 and a half to finish this post, but here is the start of it

Chaco/Vinyl if it wasn't abundantly clear they need to go considering they have contributed nothing the entire game, despite, as a I previously mentioned, Chaco having time to argue semantics with OS and then throw a hissyfit when he gets attacked and then deflecting massively. Vinyl then chooses to replace in and subsequently not post a single thing until I come back from V/LA and claim cop, stating he's been busy, and defending Chaco for the same reasons. This guy seriously volunteers to replace in then doesn't post anything for 3 days, only popping up when he's attacked? Lynch this please

J's decision (Even though he accepted the day needed to end and town needed direction) to instead of pushing with any gusto the wagon which he prefers over mine to spend his time arguing with Vand over his RR read and Kant with J's kafka read, only then to jump on me without any explanation DESPITE the fact that he even asked Kantrip for a reason to jump on my wagon and then disagreed with the reasoning. Its literally like J was fishing for reasons to jump on my wagon, didn't get any then jumped on earlier. Damn scummy from J and even more incriminating if Vinyl flips scum.

Marshy also needs some serious attention for what I've posted just above. See you guys in an hour or so

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Why doesn't your Chaco reasoning apply to me? Or to marshy? Or Macman? Or KevinM?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I fell asleep.

Request deadline extension

copy/pasting this:

@Kantrip's 577: Why the hop onto X1 after explaining that your Inferno pressure "wasn't meant to be taken literally?"

@KevinM 585: It honestly sounds like to me that you're making Chaco out to be the greater of the two evils here. I agree with you, so why was your vote on Rockin instead?

J: I honestly think you're suspicion on me is lame, as you basically just threw the whole book of scumtells at me. You're accusing me of playing "safe," but there's nothing I can really say to this besides that I've been inactive, and so when I do post a lot of work has been done for me. Yes, it just so happens that someone else saids something before me, but so what? If I agree with someone then I'm going to say it.

Also fyi I didn't like Chaco since the beginning of the game, pretty much before anyone else.

Also I did admit that OS vote was bad already.

My vig picks are totally legit. Sure you can say that I'm leaving doors open but honestly it's just because a lot of this game really is vig fodder. I mean, look at my vig picks and tell me that they don't all qualify for a vigging.

You're right about Oboknown. I forgot about him, so he can indeed be vigged.

I though Rajam was going to catch up toDay, which is why I excused him. However, he's indeed still far behind.

So yeah, actually I will change my picks for vig: Rajam OR Oboknown (better to get rid of total inactives) > Marshy/Macamn.

@Vandie's 576: Uh you like Inferno? Okay.

What exactly don't you like about the Inferno/X1 wagon? What do you think of the accusation that Inferno, right before he replaced out, made a lame vote on RR, and was unnecessarily abrasive? What do you make of Inferno replacing out right after catching heat, if anything at all?

What do you make of a dumb town DH?

Why is OS a town read. Simply because you haven't seen him "trying?" Same question goes to you X1 if you see this.

Like you point about RR, but otherwise lots of odd parts of your analysis Vandie. I know you maybe asleep now but please answer ASAP if you can.

X1 what's scummy about what J did though? If J wanted to jump on your wagon why didn't he just do it from the getgo?

@Kanty: Slight town read. As already stated I do not care for J's suspcion on me (obviously), but overall besides from that there's nothing about him that I have a problem with. Like how observant he was with his catch up post, and how he stuck by his agenda/pursued his reads afterwards.

Since we're probably going to do a deadline extension I'll finish latter.

Kafkaesque

Sworddancer.|th3kuzinator
I fell asleep.

Request deadline extension

copy/pasting this:

@Kantrip's 577: Why the hop onto X1 after explaining that your Inferno pressure "wasn't meant to be taken literally?"

@KevinM 585: It honestly sounds like to me that you're making Chaco out to be the greater of the two evils here. I agree with you, so why was your vote on Rockin instead?

J: I honestly think you're suspicion on me is lame, as you basically just threw the whole book of scumtells at me. You're accusing me of playing "safe," but there's nothing I can really say to this besides that I've been inactive, and so when I do post a lot of work has been done for me. Yes, it just so happens that someone else saids something before me, but so what? If I agree with someone then I'm going to say it.

Also fyi I didn't like Chaco since the beginning of the game, pretty much before anyone else.

My vig picks are totally legit. Sure you can say that I'm leaving doors open but honestly it's just because a lot of this game really is vig fodder. I mean, look at my vig picks and tell me that they don't all qualify for a vigging.

You're right about Oboknown. I forgot about him, so he can indeed be vigged.

I though Rajam was going to catch up toDay, which is why I excused him. However, he's indeed still far behind.

So yeah, actually I will change my picks for vig: Rajam OR Oboknown (better to get rid of total inactives) > Marshy/Macamn.

@Vandie's 576: Uh you like Inferno? Okay.

What exactly don't you like about the Inferno/X1 wagon? What do you think of the accusation that Inferno, right before he replaced out, made a lame vote on RR, and was unnecessarily abrasive? What do you make of Inferno replacing out right after catching heat, if anything at all?

What do you make of a dumb town DH?

Why is OS a town read. Simply because you haven't seen him "trying?" Same question goes to you X1 if you see this.

Like you point about RR, but otherwise lots of odd parts of your analysis Vandie. I know you maybe asleep now but please answer ASAP if you can.

X1 what's scummy about what J did though? If J wanted to jump on your wagon why didn't he just do it from the getgo?

@Kanty: Slight town read. As already stated I do not care for J's suspcion on me (obviously), but overall besides from that there's nothing about him that I have a problem with. Like how observant he was with his catch up post, and how he stuck by his agenda/pursued his reads afterwards.

Since we're probably going to do a deadline extension I'll finish latter.
no modvotes please

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Goin to class. Still dont understand your vote os but anyways;

I will make my decision at 7. Thats when I have break in class.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@OS: Even in the time before I went V/LA Marshy and Mac and you and Kevin have actually done things, albeit small things but all had shown at least some effort to scumhunt.

@Kefka: I'm saying J was trying to find an excuse so it looks like he had a legitimate reason to be voting me when he actually didn't.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Also @Kefka I'm pretty sure we spent like three posts in early game talking about why I thought OS being town which resulted in you agreeing with me.

X1-12

Smash Champion
like not gonna lie I really can't force myself to read in depth all of the walls in the past ~200 posts. Vote a deadline Extension and I'll get it done tomorrow or just vote Vinyl and I'll write up the post overNight. I'll probably check in to this thread over the course of tonight if you have any questions that don't need tons of reading.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Request Deadline Extension

Not for the whole "See if other cop CCs"

I want to OS's plan come into fruition. Though there could be some flaws, it seems to eliminate most of the possibilities for X1 as scum.

Though I have to ask, why Macman and yourself?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unvote: X1-12

I'm not cop.

Cop does NOT counter claim. Are you stupid? That is the worst possible scenario. That means that

A) X1 is mafia
B) Our cop is revealed when he would otherwise not be
C) Mafia gets a scenario that is basically as if X1 was town cop, even though he isn't

that is dumb
No, this is dumb.

If cop CC's, we get a free scum lynch. Now mafia is put in the same position with the new, REAL cop as they are now with X1 (assuming X1 is the real cop). This opens up mafia to the EXACT same WIFOM scenario you were just describing with your whole "let me pick X1's target" (which is also ********, btw) except we've gotten a scum out of the way thus preventing whatever anti-town powers he has from ****ing with us. Cop so absolutely CC if X1 is not the real cop.

so im still fine with x1 dying. if yall seriously wanna keep him around when its very possible that a tailor/framer/lawyer/roleblocker/jailkeeper could totally and completely **** his results then cool

Only the first three are threats for misinformation, and we should always be taking claimed cop results with a grain of salt because of the potential presence of these roles, just like you should be taking ANY cop results with a grain of salt because there's always the chance that the cop is naive/insane/paranoid as well. We all know better (or atleast we all ought to know better) than to just play ****ing follow the cop. Keep X1 around if he really is the cop is NOT a liability, and forces the scum into predictable play if they feel threatened by him, thus freeing up our other unclaimed PRs from doing work without issue.

So the **** what if they waste their RB on him? Other town roles are out there NOT being roleblocked, and we're drawing a strong scum tool into blocking a not so particularly powerful role all things considered, since so much **** can **** with a cop.

I'd much rather force scum into that WIFOM scenario than just lynch and un CC'd cop claim. That's just being stubborn and completely un-strategic.

I'm ok with a CC for the record.

I'd trade a town for a scum any day.
Look at RR actually using his head. Bravo.

This makes no mathematical sense.

Assume I'm cop and X1 is scum.

I CC
we lynch X1

I die in the Night.

I don't CC, and X1 is lynched.

We haev a hidden cop.

I don't CC, and X1 survives.

I investigate two people and then am NKilled on N3. I crumbed my innos. X1 is lynched because there is not going to be a second cop, but now we get two innos.

or, I'm put up to the lynch later adn claim cop, show my inno results, and then am lynched, flip town, then X1 is lynched and we have two innos.

Doesn't make any sense to CC now unless we know we have a watcher or doc.
Except your math doesn't take into account the whole picture.

Who's to say you're automatically going to die in the night? That's an unwarranted assumption. You think it's that unlikely that we have a protective role in this game? You're also contradicting yourself from earlier when you said you LIKED the WIFOM scenario we put mafia in. What the **** man?

And who's to say you're guaranteed to get accurate investigations? They're not as valuable as you think. Even if we forget about tailors/framers/lawyers/RBers since we're assuming you're the "hidden" cop, we still have to consider Godfathers/Millers/insanity/naivete/paranoia. Again, you act like we're trading some incredible info package later in the game for a scum kill, when it's more like we're trading a useful but not necessarily directly useful info package for a directly useful and immediate boon NOW.

Also, you are completely neglecting the undeniable town boon we get from getting a free scum lynch. Who knows what power X1 might have as scum? If could be incredibly powerful, and even if it isn't, taking ANY scum tools away from them is going to have distinct benefit to the town. You can't deny this, and you haven't even CONSIDERED that possibility? What's with the one track mind all of a sudden? Don't pretend you're giving us an accurate picture of the trade we'd be making and then completely ****ing fail to bring in all reasonable considerations. That's just straight up misleading.

FoS: OS

And why again do you all of a sudden get to pick who the choices for the claimed cop are? Like what? This screams attempt at an early game power grab amidst near-deadline chaos.

Acting decisively and quickly is one thing. Throwing power into people's hands arbitrarily just because we're running out of time and letting people unilaterally direct the game is just ****ing reckless.

The way I see it, we need to focus on getting an extension and waiting for a potential CC. If we get the CC, X1's gone and we move from there. If we don't and we get an extension, we'll put together another wagon. If we don't get an extension, I'm fine with letting it go to no lynch. Much smarter move then trying to get some random lynch without time to even discuss it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This makes no mathematical sense.

Assume I'm cop and X1 is scum.

I CC
we lynch X1

I die in the Night.

I don't CC, and X1 is lynched.

We haev a hidden cop.

I don't CC, and X1 survives.

I investigate two people and then am NKilled on N3. I crumbed my innos. X1 is lynched because there is not going to be a second cop, but now we get two innos.

or, I'm put up to the lynch later adn claim cop, show my inno results, and then am lynched, flip town, then X1 is lynched and we have two innos.

Doesn't make any sense to CC now unless we know we have a watcher or doc.
I find it unlikely we wouldn't have a doc, even more so in a 17 man game. I would gamble on us having it.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh and @ Gorf, obviously don't respond to this but if you ****ing gave MAFIA a Cop safeclaim, I'm literally never playing in another setup of yours. 100% serious, that **** is completely bull****. Just putting it out there.

Also, let be honest with ourselves here when we're weighing the value of a Cop in a 17 man game. Unless we're just dealing with one big scum team, the value of the cop is really quite limited, assuming he doesn't get guilties on indies. Not saying that getting innocents on people isn't useful, but getting guilties is where the role shines, and chances are there aren't that many players in this game he can actually "catch". Like, actually think about it. Let's not all ****ing wet ourselves about how useful cop is when it really ISN'T that strong. Absolutely CC if you exist, real cop.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Oh and @ Gorf, obviously don't respond to this but if you ****ing gave MAFIA a Cop safeclaim, I'm literally never playing in another setup of yours. 100% serious, that **** is completely bull****. Just putting it out there.

Also, let be honest with ourselves here when we're weighing the value of a Cop in a 17 man game. Unless we're just dealing with one big scum team, the value of the cop is really quite limited, assuming he doesn't get guilties on indies. Not saying that getting innocents on people isn't useful, but getting guilties is where the role shines, and chances are there aren't that many players in this game he can actually "catch". Like, actually think about it. Let's not all ****ing wet ourselves about how useful cop is when it really ISN'T that strong. Absolutely CC if you exist, real cop.
Cosigning this btw.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm absolutely still mad. :mad:

In my IRL mafia group here an school I teach that to every person who wants to write setups. Cop safeclaims to mafia do not fly. For indies it's cool, not mafia.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Kay, now that we deffo have that extended.

Need to re-read but saw cop claim so I'm going to change my vote.

Unvote
Vote: Vinyl

Will move to Kanty as well.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami

If the cop is simply picking at random, then it isn't good.
If a cop actually reads people, and investigates suspicious people, then it's probably a lot more likely to hit scum than if he were to pick at random.

I main Lucario, I play risky.
Take a number between 1 and 10.
Square that number.
Find the square root of the new number.
Subtract the newer number by the original value. That's how much I care.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think J got us the deadline, if so I'll move to the same, Kanty and Vinyl, however I need to consider how people are reacting to this claim for a sec.

Aka, don't like how PL is approaching this.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
vote: Pink Lemonade
Ew, really? This vote is terrible.

J's decision (Even though he accepted the day needed to end and town needed direction) to instead of pushing with any gusto the wagon which he prefers over mine to spend his time arguing with Vand over his RR read and Kant with J's kafka read, only then to jump on me without any explanation DESPITE the fact that he even asked Kantrip for a reason to jump on my wagon and then disagreed with the reasoning. Its literally like J was fishing for reasons to jump on my wagon, didn't get any then jumped on earlier. Damn scummy from J and even more incriminating if Vinyl flips scum.
This suspicion is terrible because I do not get what you are trying to say is scummy. Yes, I hopped onto your wagon but I stated suspicion of you beforehand and also decided to move to you due to lack of time. I wasn't "fishing for reasons" but moreso just moved because of the lack of support for Vinyl wagon over your booming wagon. Its not scummy but moreso capitalizing over the situation I was put into with my reads.

Can you quote me to you being the first to suspect Chaco in the beginning of the game? And even if you admit it was bad does not really change it.

Kafkaesque said:
They don't all qualify for a vigging. Marshy/Macman don't because they have been giving us things, I would say moreso to vigging Chaco's slot and lynching someone like Kanty for toDay, however, in terms of inactivity I would definitely say Rajam/Orbo and not really having the other two in the equation.

~~~~~

I don't want Rockin lynched toDay, I'd rather have one of Vinyl/Kanty after X1's claim. Prefer Vinyl, will take Kanty upon agreeing to Vinyl being shot toNight or something hitting him nicely.

Top Bottom