• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castlevania Mafia - Game Over! Mafia and Traitor win!!!

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
The hard part for me now is convincing you that Zen is the scum and not me. But it's getting late.
Nice job so far. I don't know if your inactivity is because you don't care, or because you feel defeated.

I don't understand why you think I'm scum because people have known me as town throughout the game.
I'm just considering both of you being possibilities since one wrong vote can determine who wins the game.

Incom, I'm pretty curious what you think about this statement:
The thing is if EP and I were scummbuddies, the game would have been ended yesterday as that would mean you and Air would be town. Swiss was down with lynching either Air or EP. Swiss would have followed me if I pushed for an Air lynch. My, Swiss, and EP's votes or your vote would have lynched Air and me and EP as scumbuddies would have won the game. It would have been dumb on my part as EP's scumbuddy to set the lynch on him rather Air.

-Much of the game Incom's post have been focused on mechanics rather than scumhunting.
I agree with this, but I don't know if that makes him scummy to me. It did seem a little odd using all of these formulas out of no where for his first game but heh.

-All game he has been over worried with what people thought of him even when people weren't calling him out for anything. I don't feel as town he would be this cautious of everything he did.-
This is true, but I can see why he'd be so overcautious. Being his first game he was probably worried about looking scummy so he felt the need to explain everything and stuff. I was sort of like this when I first started playing, but it's not something I'll shrug off since he did do it a lot throughout the game.

Most of the game I was speculating that if one of EP and Incom were scum then the other would be town, because of their back and forth. But looking back at it really looks more rehearsed/planned out.
I too thought of this possibilty. At first I thought it'd be dumb for scum to target their partner so early in the game, but it's actually a smart plan if played out correctly.

Didn't understand this part:
. From then on Incom pretty much targeted Incom which and I think it was to super distance themselves from each other because of the good possibility of at least one of them being lynched. They wouldn't want the other to be lynched consequentially.
or this:
And as I mentioned before I think this is why Incom just randomly dropped his suspicion on Incom D4 for no reason. As it was lylo/mylo and simply lynching someone else would have won the game so there wasn't much more need for their distance.
I'm assuming you mean EP and Incom in both of those posts.

-Incom's last post yesterday shows bus to me. Earlier in the day he wasn't certain on anything and actually like EP more than he had before. Then once me and swiss determined EP would be the play he suddenly get's certainty that EP is scum and it's looks so fake to me. Neither me or Swiss was even certain that we were making the right choice and Incoms sudden certainty makes me think it a last moment bus. And also why I think why he came into toDay targeting you Air, hoping that I would go along thinking him town for voting EP and you as scum for not. And seeing that I am not simply going along and think you he is scum rather than you, he is know turning to me in hopes to convince you, yet he didn't even read anything new or come out with why I would be scum.
This part right here makes me think you're scum, Incom. Makes good sense.

Incom, once again I really want to hear your thought on this:
The thing is if EP and I were scummbuddies, the game would have been ended yesterday as that would mean you and Air would be town. Swiss was down with lynching either Air or EP. Swiss would have followed me if I pushed for an Air lynch. My, Swiss, and EP's votes or your vote would have lynched Air and me and EP as scumbuddies would have won the game. It would have been dumb on my part as EP's scumbuddy to set the lynch on him rather Air.

At this point I agree with Zen for the most part on Incom.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yeah that pretty much confirms Air as town for me. If he were scum he would have just voted Incom given my readiness to end the day.

And yeah I meant EP both those times.

Life

Smash Hero
Back. Apologies for the inactivity. Life is hectic lately. Will reread. Zen seems pretty dead set on me, that hasn't changed. I still stand by my statement that Air is the most important player right now, as he's basically confirmed town and thus decides which of us gets lynched.

In case I don't get to everything (I'll hopefully have another post after this but seeing my record on statements like that...):

Zen: I know what MafiaWiki is. If I don't know what an abbreviation stands for, I don't bother people by asking, I go look it up myself. (That stood out to me in your post. More response later.)

Air, re: the thing Zen said: "If Zen were scum, the game would be over"? That makes no sense. In that quote you horribly misconstrue what Swiss said. With EP's flip, Air was confirmed-town to Swiss. He was up for lynching either one because he knew ONE of them was scum, but he specifically refused to believe both of them could be scum (something I've only recently come around to). Lynch all liars?

Life

Smash Hero
Incom that's an interesting turn-a-round. It's seems to me you are just waiting for a leap on either of us.
You're forgetting the possibility that Air could be an independent. But you're right though, I think Air is more likely town, than you at least.
Sincerely doubting the possibility of an indy, since we already caught one, and again, there's no major difference between a mafia of one and a SK.
I don't get what you mean you feel I just played a really good game and slipping under radars. I'm not sure why Swiss, X1, and others have seen me as town but I guess it's just because they see that I'm doing my best to catch scum. I don't understand why you think I'm scum because people have known me as town throughout the game.
I've had my feet held to the fire, by EP (for whatever it's worth) and to a lesser extent by Cello and (even earlier) Smarg. Air had his feet held to the fire by GLG (possibly others I don't recall). You've had your feet held to the fire by...... looks like it's gonna be me. Not necessarily a scum tell, but a good place to start, no? Also, if you're so obvtown... why aren't you dead?
See my previous post. Swiss was not going to vote for Air toDay.
Incom if you do happen to be town please show me why you are and why Air is not.
Or why you're scum. Y'know.
I really don't think Air is more likely to be scum than you are. It's difficult because both of you guys are so reserved.. but I think I need to stick with the read I had on Air throughout the game and my read on you. We've lynched 2 scum in a row now, and I've never gotten this close to being alive and winning as town.
I've also never been this close to being alive and winning, regardless of faction. Although "I'm close to winning" is a poor reason to lynch somebody.
So if you ARE town please show me that you are. If I screw this up I'm going to hate myself forever >_<
*cough*
Air I'm thinking that you are the town at this point, but I still have my doubts. If you are town than all I can say is that I am as well and that it would be a mistake to follow incom and lynch me.
This sounds familiar.
Don't know what else I can say, but you guys are lynching the wrong guy. way to let someone coast their way to a scum victory. =/
you have been wishy washy and inactive all game, but you haven't done anything particularly scummy to me, and I think so even more after seeing EP's flip. Where as Incom has been suspicious all game.
... wishy washy and inactive is apparently a scum tell for me but not for Air?
-Much of the game Incom's post have been focused on mechanics rather than scumhunting. His post #21 has been in my head since D1. It was basically a speculation post on how many scum could be in the game, and it was just weird. I think he made such a post because he knew how many scum there were and was trying to give off that he didn't know by "looking at all the possibilities".
Dunno why people think it's scummy. Trying to show my logic for why I thought three scum was the most likely scenario.
The reason why I think this is the case rather than really just trying to speculate is because he went far into posting an unlikely scenario such as there being 4 scum. Yes, this is his first game, but Incom, as he mentioned D1, has read through many other games and had a pretty good idea of how mafia works. It's further confirmed of his knowledge of mafia by the fact that he knew terms such 'FoS', 'EBWOP', and others (terms I didn't know into deep into my first mafia game).
As mentioned above, I had to look some of these up (FoS, Lylo, EBWOP had to be looked up, and I think OMGUS but in retrospect I'd have to have been rather dumb to not figure that one out). Knowing basic terminology does not make you a master of the game.
So based on his knowledge of mafia, it seems out of place for him to speculate something as extreme as there being 4 (3 I can understand, but I've been working on 2 pretty much all game as 3 is still alot) scum which really makes me think he was just trying to show that he was clueless about how many scum there were when really he knew.
And as it turns out, with GLG and Cello factored in, four scum wasn't too far off the mark. Two mafiosos plus a traitor and an indy... I generally use "scum" as a blanket term for all antitown factions, if that clears anything up.
-All game he has been over worried with what people thought of him even when people weren't calling him out for anything.
Laughable. People not calling me out... suuuuure. EP (again, FWIW), Cello, Smarg have all questioned me, in addition to a general "slight scum" sentiment all game. You've been nearly unquestioned up until toDay (though I toyed with the idea yesterDay).
I don't feel as town he would be this cautious of everything he did. As town, people aren't focused on what people think of them, they are focused on what they think of others.
Am I "people"? Have you somehow, over these past few weeks, based on a few paragraphs on an internet forum, delved that deeply into my psychology? Nobody wants to get lynched, regardless of alignment.
Where as scum is more focused on what people think of them and getting people to think things of others. Two major places Incom shows this is D1 when he kept announcing that he was leaving and that he woulld be back to post more later. I could see this as just noobie incom thinking that the discussion is always lie, but again I bring up his knowledge of the game and how he has read other games so he would know that discussion isn't always live.
Discussion was quite active at the time. Didn't want anyone thinking I was running off, no? (X1 actually called me out for having to go once, briefly.)
Plus of the fact that not everyone was online and posting all the time, and no one else was announcing that they were leaving and would bbl. This is why I think it was more scum incom being catious of people knowing if he was online or not. Another point of incom being unnecessarily cautious was during d3. Incom voted for glg early at put him at l-1, which shows that he wanted him lynched. Later on Swiss told him to unvote which he did. Then when the day was coming to end, incom refused to hammer glg and his reasoning was that if he did then people would think that he was scum.I think Incom as scum didn't want responsibility for being the hammerer of someone who he thought was town (as he wouldn't have know that glg was actually scum because he was a traitor). This is why I think he was willing to vote him earlier (putting him at L-1 , yet saying that he shouldn't be hammered), but not later when he would be the hammerer and thus be seen with more responsibility for the lynch.
Skim less.

No, I'm being dead serious.

This has been an issue with me all game. I dislike hammering earlier than I have to because I like to squeeze as much as I can out of a Day. This was an issue back when we were going after DH! How many times to I have to explain it?

This is also the second time YOU've brought it up! (#819 through #840ish)

-Most of the game I was speculating that if one of EP and Incom were scum then the other would be town, because of their back and forth. But looking back at it really looks more rehearsed/planned out. Incom and EP were both being seeing seen as scummy D1 as in Swiss' #99. As a scum team this would just be bad for them, which is why I think why they started distancing themselves from each other. It was immediately after Swiss stating suspicion of the both of them that EP first stated suspicion of Incom. And it was in response to Swiss asking who should be the play. From then on Incom pretty much targeted Incom which and I think it was to super distance themselves from each other because of the good possibility of at least one of them being lynched. They wouldn't want the other to be lynched consequentially. And as I mentioned before I think this is why Incom just randomly dropped his suspicion on Incom D4 for no reason. As it was lylo/mylo and simply lynching someone else would have won the game so there wasn't much more need for their distance.
I actually didn't even notice that with Swiss' #99 (but it's funny how you say I've been coasting yet acknowledge this). I don't really have anything to say other than that it was not orchestrated (inb4 "Riiight.") and I didn't start going for EP until, like, D2 I think it was.
-Incom's last post yesterday shows bus to me. Earlier in the day he wasn't certain on anything and actually like EP more than he had before.
Because he was finally gonna hunt for scum where the scum was? A big chunk of my suspicion was the fact that he was on my case all game and didn't contribute much elsewise.
Then once me and swiss determined EP would be the play he suddenly get's certainty that EP is scum and it's looks so fake to me.
Nonono. You wanted me lynched first, as I recall it. (It's late, I could be wrong.) Your logic was "I'm town, Swiss is town, one of Air and EP is town, therefore Incom+the other is the scum team. Incom is 100% scum so he goes first." Exhibit A:
Deadline is tomorrow. I'm going to vote incom.
You then quickly changed to EP, pretty much because Swiss said "let's go for EP toDay". Which, funnily enough, is exactly what you accuse me of doing. I was on EP for good pretty much as soon as Swiss posted his results. See #812.
Neither me or Swiss was even certain that we were making the right choice and Incoms sudden certainty makes me think it a last moment bus. And also why I think why he came into toDay targeting you Air, hoping that I would go along thinking him town for voting EP and you as scum for not. And seeing that I am not simply going along and think you he is scum rather than you, he is know turning to me in hopes to convince you, yet he didn't even read anything new or come out with why I would be scum.
Remember, yesterDay you were considered sure-town, for whatever reason. Swiss was Town. That meant EP and Air, from my perspective, both had to be scum. Then EP flipped Mafia Hitman, and while I focused on Air at first, it took me some time to realize that Air would not have roleblocked Smarg if he was scum with the hitman. (Herp derp, I know, but others have done worse. Cough, Swiss getting DH modkilled, cough.)
So yeah I'm really thinking Incom over Air. There is still even more reasons why I think Incom to be the scum. Air I'd really like you to review though and tell me what you think. And please answer the questions that Incom asked you. I'm not voting until I know that you're making effort and are actually have reasoning for your thoughts rather than scum just waiting for me and Incom to vote each other. I
Quick question: you cut off your sentence here. Is this a typo, or did you have something else to say?
--------------------------
Yikes, that took forever. And I probably still have more to say... too bad I need to sleep...

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Zen: I know what MafiaWiki is. If I don't know what an abbreviation stands for, I don't bother people by asking, I go look it up myself. (That stood out to me in your post.
That doesn't change the point I was making. The point was that you may not have had mafia experience, but you still had knowledge of how the game works and the way it's set up based on reading other games. One could tell just by observing the differences between you and Dark Horse that you had idea of what you were talking about. Compared to DH at the start of the game, you understood quite a lot. And with this, you would have little reason to speculate there being 4 scum in an 11 man game. I could possibly see someone completely new to mafia not having a clue to how many scum there could be, but you I do not. Which is why I believe that you made such speculation merely to give off the appearance that you didn't know how many scum there was. What you say below, that you consider "scum" as any anti-town role, could be a valid excuse actually. However I think you are pulling that out of the hat, as in the post of your speculation you were specifically refering to 4 scum as mafiosi. I conclude this because you mentioned that after one mislynch town would lose, meaning you were refering to scum as 1 group, not with the speculation of 1 or more of them being other anti-town roles (indies/3rd party). So Incom you are lying and I'm just even more confident in my read.

Air, re: the thing Zen said: "If Zen were scum, the game would be over"? That makes no sense. In that quote you horribly misconstrue what Swiss said. With EP's flip, Air was confirmed-town to Swiss. He was up for lynching either one because he knew ONE of them was scum, but he specifically refused to believe both of them could be scum (something I've only recently come around to). Lynch all liars?
You're completely working around the point here. What does what Swiss' view of toDay have to do with anything? The point was with regards to yesterDay. As you just said, he was up for lynching either one. If I pushed for an Air lynch over EP he would have done so. That means his vote, my vote, and EP's vote would have lynched Air, leaving the game 2-2, scum wins. Swiss thinking the other was town had one flipped scum has nothing to do with it.
Sincerely doubting the possibility of an indy, since we already caught one, and again, there's no major difference between a mafia of one and a SK.
That's fine. But I like how you came into the day wanting to lynch Air and even said that his answer to why he was seen visiting Smar would determine the game. Then when I don't follow and give a bunch of other reasons why he could have been seen targeting Smar, you discontinue persue and turn to me.

Also that's a fair assumption, but still has doubt. 2indy-1traitor-1scum wouldn't be odd in terms of balance. Also Indy =/= SK.
I've had my feet held to the fire, by EP (for whatever it's worth) and to a lesser extent by Cello and (even earlier) Smarg. Air had his feet held to the fire by GLG (possibly others I don't recall). You've had your feet held to the fire by...... looks like it's gonna be me. Not necessarily a scum tell, but a good place to start, no?
Not really. Looking at other possibilities is good yes, but the logic of thinking someone scum for not being seen as scum is bogus to me.
Also, if you're so obvtown... why aren't you dead?
Wifomy question and a horrible reason to find someone suspicious. There's a milion reasons why scum chose to NK who they did. N1 I don't even think people saw me as obvtown or w/e. N2 Cello was killed. Cello as town is more of a threat than I am and you know this (FF6). Scum were probably threatened with him joining. N3 X1 died probably because they thought he was a cop. He had been false claiming so since D2. N4 Swiss was a claimed PR. Plus if you chose to kill me or Air over Swiss, Swiss would have you dead right now and the game would be over. You're basically contradicting what you're saying about Swiss thinking Air would be town toDay. So if you killed me, then you would be left with Swiss. So why do you think I wasn't killed?

See my previous post. Swiss was not going to vote for Air toDay.
Responded to this above. Again you're avoiding the whole point.

This sounds familiar.

... wishy washy and inactive is apparently a scum tell for me but not for Air?
Huh? I said Air had been wishy washy not you. And you accuse me below of skiming...
Dunno why people think it's scummy. Trying to show my logic for why I thought three scum was the most likely scenario.As mentioned above, I had to look some of these up (FoS, Lylo, EBWOP had to be looked up, and I think OMGUS but in retrospect I'd have to have been rather dumb to not figure that one out). Knowing basic terminology does not make you a master of the game.And as it turns out, with GLG and Cello factored in, four scum wasn't too far off the mark. Two mafiosos plus a traitor and an indy... I generally use "scum" as a blanket term for all antitown factions, if that clears anything up.
Course you don't because you're scum. And as I said above, you were refering to the 4 scum as mafiosi not just anti-town. You are contradicting yourself with a clear lie.

Laughable. People not calling me out... suuuuure. EP (again, FWIW), Cello, Smarg have all questioned me, in addition to a general "slight scum" sentiment all game. You've been nearly unquestioned up until toDay (though I toyed with the idea yesterDay).
It was D1 with the example I gave. No one was calling you scum. Your trying to work around the main points isn't working.

You toyed with idea? If I recall you were one of the ones who kept calling me town. Also again bad logic.

Am I "people"? Have you somehow, over these past few weeks, based on a few paragraphs on an internet forum, delved that deeply into my psychology? Nobody wants to get lynched, regardless of alignment.
It has nothing to do with psychology. It's how the game is played. Nobody wants to be lynched, but everyone should play by the win con of their faction. Therefore town should be more focused on catching scum not self preservation. Scum play overly cautious because they have to to win. If your actions are in favor of self preservation over what's good for town, then you would be playing against yor win con if you were town.

Discussion was quite active at the time. Didn't want anyone thinking I was running off, no? (X1 actually called me out for having to go once, briefly.)
No not really. And X1 called you out later iirc in a different situation. You can quote if I'm wrong, but it doesn't really change the point.

Skim less.

No, I'm being dead serious.

This has been an issue with me all game. I dislike hammering earlier than I have to because I like to squeeze as much as I can out of a Day. This was an issue back when we were going after DH! How many times to I have to explain it?

This is also the second time YOU've brought it up! (#819 through #840ish)
And I told you why you were wrong. The day was over. And if you really felt that way, you wouldn't have felt the need to put glg at L-1 in the first place if you wanted the day to be squeezed out to the very end. Wanting to use all the time in te day is a general "townie" thing people say almost every game. And it's funny how scum try and use that for some town points. You overdid it here. We had scum caught and conversation was dead waiting for the lynch. Actions speak louder than words. What exactly did you sqeeze out from it? I would think differently if you had actually tried to make some progress during that time.

I actually didn't even notice that with Swiss' #99 (but it's funny how you say I've been coasting yet acknowledge this). I don't really have anything to say other than that it was not orchestrated (inb4 "Riiight.") and I didn't start going for EP until, like, D2 I think it was.
When did I say you were coasting? And what would that have to do with this?

Because he was finally gonna hunt for scum where the scum was? A big chunk of my suspicion was the fact that he was on my case all game and didn't contribute much elsewise.
So with that gone, why did you think him obvscum all the sudden in the end...?

Nonono. You wanted me lynched first, as I recall it. (It's late, I could be wrong.) Your logic was "I'm town, Swiss is town, one of Air and EP is town, therefore Incom+the other is the scum team. Incom is 100% scum so he goes first." Exhibit A:
You then quickly changed to EP, pretty much because Swiss said "let's go for EP toDay". Which, funnily enough, is exactly what you accuse me of doing. I was on EP for good pretty much as soon as Swiss posted his results. See #812.
I would have lynched either of you because you were all scummy. When I said I'm going to vote for Incom that was because no one else was posting and I felt it was going towards no lynch. Either of you were good choices to me at that time. I just wanted to lynch someone. Swiss said he felt EP so I went with EP. And he also brought up the point of X1 having drawing conection between glg and EP so I was good with the EP lynch over yours. I said all day I wasn't sure who the best lynch was, it's not like I was set on you. Although now I don't think it would have really mattered which of you were lynched. Also Swiss was basing everything on me being town and also said in that post that if I wanted Air we would lynch Air. I felt it was 50/50 and just decided to stick with my thoughts on Air just being Air and going for EP.
Remember, yesterDay you were considered sure-town, for whatever reason. Swiss was Town. That meant EP and Air, from my perspective, both had to be scum. Then EP flipped Mafia Hitman, and while I focused on Air at first, it took me some time to realize that Air would not have roleblocked Smarg if he was scum with the hitman. (Herp derp, I know, but others have done worse. Cough, Swiss getting DH modkilled, cough.)
This is logical. Except for the fact that you thought I was town, then ignore other possibilities for why Air could be anti-town and have visited Smar, and use the reasoning I give for thinking Air town. Large leap to just drop all your past reasonings without much consideration.

Quick question: you cut off your sentence here. Is this a typo, or did you have something else to say?
As I said after, there was probably a bunch of errors in the post (which there is looking over it). I was just typing from my notes before class and was in a hurry.

Life

Smash Hero
Yay long posts.

That doesn't change the point I was making. The point was that you may not have had mafia experience, but you still had knowledge of how the game works and the way it's set up based on reading other games. One could tell just by observing the differences between you and Dark Horse that you had idea of what you were talking about. Compared to DH at the start of the game, you understood quite a lot. And with this, you would have little reason to speculate there being 4 scum in an 11 man game. I could possibly see someone completely new to mafia not having a clue to how many scum there could be, but you I do not. Which is why I believe that you made such speculation merely to give off the appearance that you didn't know how many scum there was. What you say below, that you consider "scum" as any anti-town role, could be a valid excuse actually. However I think you are pulling that out of the hat, as in the post of your speculation you were specifically refering to 4 scum as mafiosi. I conclude this because you mentioned that after one mislynch town would lose, meaning you were refering to scum as 1 group, not with the speculation of 1 or more of them being other anti-town roles (indies/3rd party). So Incom you are lying and I'm just even more confident in my read.
Hm. Thought I said mafia... very well. I should be more careful.
You're completely working around the point here. What does what Swiss' view of toDay have to do with anything? The point was with regards to yesterDay. As you just said, he was up for lynching either one. If I pushed for an Air lynch over EP he would have done so. That means his vote, my vote, and EP's vote would have lynched Air, leaving the game 2-2, scum wins. Swiss thinking the other was town had one flipped scum has nothing to do with it.
If I had pushed for an Air lynch, EP+me+Swiss would have been a scum win. Point is moot.
That's fine. But I like how you came into the day wanting to lynch Air and even said that his answer to why he was seen visiting Smar would determine the game. Then when I don't follow and give a bunch of other reasons why he could have been seen targeting Smar, you discontinue persue and turn to me.
I explained this already. EP flipping Hitman = clear Air. It just took me time to realize it.
You knew if I could convince Swiss there was a chance you were scum, I'd survive the day anyway and, if I did particularly

Also that's a fair assumption, but still has doubt. 2indy-1traitor-1scum wouldn't be odd in terms of balance. Also Indy =/= SK.
Solo mafioso pretty much is an SK tho.

Not really. Looking at other possibilities is good yes, but the logic of thinking someone scum for not being seen as scum is bogus to me.
You've kinda coasted all game. Air and I, not so much. We've assumed you were town all game--but why?

Wifomy question and a horrible reason to find someone suspicious.
The reasons X1 died were:
1) OMG HE HAS A POWAARGH ROLE
2) OMG HE DIES SWISS B FRAMED FO SHIZ
3) Probably another reason?

Terribad NK choice. Why is Zen still alive?
There's a milion reasons why scum chose to NK who they did. N1 I don't even think people saw me as obvtown or w/e. N2 Cello was killed. Cello as town is more of a threat than I am and you know this (FF6).
I'd think if they'd hit somebody else (X1) that night Cello would have been lynched the next Day. Although perhaps I'm overestimating myself.

Scum were probably threatened with him joining. N3 X1 died probably because they thought he was a cop. He had been false claiming so since D2.
False breadcrumbing because he wanted to get NK'd. Cello (the indy, I might add) was the one who called him out on it--presumably because if X1 drew the NK from Cello, Cello would've had another day to correctly guess the lynch and win (although I don't think he'd have succeeded). X1 then proceeded to claim not-cop and life went on. I, for one, was pretty convinced (IIRC) X1 was not the cop. So why'd EP NK him? Scum knew it was LyLo the following morning, and having someone confirmed-town (as you were considered at the time) would have limited them by decreasing their "who-to-lynch" options. X1 was certainly not confirmed town--false PR breadcrumbing is scummy, no?

Point is, scum should have killed you N3 as X1 was pretty obviously not the cop.
So if you killed me, then you would be left with Swiss. So why do you think I wasn't killed?
Because you're scum. The only other option is that a scum team with me on it made a NK choice (X1) I would not have agreed to. Of course, the NK choice is presumably EP's ultimate responsibility.
Huh? I said Air had been wishy washy not you.
Pretty much every other case on me this game was based on "you change your mind too easily".
Course you don't because you're scum. And as I said above, you were refering to the 4 scum as mafiosi not just anti-town. You are contradicting yourself with a clear lie.
See first paragraph.
It was D1 with the example I gave. No one was calling you scum. Your trying to work around the main points isn't working.

You toyed with idea? If I recall you were one of the ones who kept calling me town. Also again bad logic.
I was rather quiet about it, but:
@EP: Was never really sure what to make of Swiss as I recall (I could be wrong), I've been keeping the idea of a fakeclaim in the back of my head but for now there's no reason to disagree with it, we'll see where it leads us. From my perspective as town there either is no framer, or Swiss (or Zen, unlikely but hey) is scum.
It has nothing to do with psychology. It's how the game is played. Nobody wants to be lynched, but everyone should play by the win con of their faction. Therefore town should be more focused on catching scum not self preservation. Scum play overly cautious because they have to to win. If your actions are in favor of self preservation over what's good for town, then you would be playing against yor win con if you were town.
Psst--getting lynched is against a townie's wincon. It's one less lynch we'd have to use against scum. And besides, assuming I'm town for a second, at what point would letting myself be lynched have helped town?
No not really. And X1 called you out later iirc in a different situation. You can quote if I'm wrong, but it doesn't really change the point.
Inferiority running away struck a chord with my but Iono yet, a scum team with two completely new players?
And I'd argue it does change the point. Someone posts very actively over a page or two then goes dead without saying anything, especially when one has just been called out on something (click to X1's post and scroll up to Ryker's above mine), looks pretty scummy IMO.
And I told you why you were wrong.
And I still think I'm right. Scum can always talk, town can only talk during the Day, therefore more Daylight is better for town.
The day was over.
I didn't think so.

And if you really felt that way, you wouldn't have felt the need to put glg at L-1 in the first place if you wanted the day to be squeezed out to the very end.
L-1 is added pressure, not the end of the day. Although I suppose in retrospect it would enable a self-hammer.
Wanting to use all the time in te day is a general "townie" thing people say almost every game. And it's funny how scum try and use that for some town points.
So it's a town thing in every other game, but a clear scum tell here?
You overdid it here. We had scum caught and conversation was dead waiting for the lynch. Actions speak louder than words. What exactly did you sqeeze out from it? I would think differently if you had actually tried to make some progress during that time.
You raise a good point. Possibly more interaction between [Swiss]/X1, and myself/Zen. But I also posted something @Air earlier about this not being LyLo, and want to see his reaction.

@GLG: Content, bro. Post some.
I failed to follow up on it, don't remember why as it was a month ago.
-All game he has been over worried with what people thought of him even when people weren't calling him out for anything.
This is what I was thinking of. Otherwise I have nothing to say.
So with that gone, why did you think him obvscum all the sudden in the end...?
Swiss.
I would have lynched either of you because you were all scummy. When I said I'm going to vote for Incom that was because no one else was posting and I felt it was going towards no lynch. Either of you were good choices to me at that time. I just wanted to lynch someone. Swiss said he felt EP so I went with EP. And he also brought up the point of X1 having drawing conection between glg and EP so I was good with the EP lynch over yours. I said all day I wasn't sure who the best lynch was, it's not like I was set on you. Although now I don't think it would have really mattered which of you were lynched. Also Swiss was basing everything on me being town and also said in that post that if I wanted Air we would lynch Air. I felt it was 50/50 and just decided to stick with my thoughts on Air just being Air and going for EP.
From your perspective (assuming you were town), Swiss was town, one of EP/Air was town, so the other+me had to be the scum team. I don't know that you said as much, but I don't see how you could have come to any other conclusion. This conclusion would make me the only confirmed scum and therefore your first priority to lynch. Thus I come to the below.

Air, is this scenario plausible?:

(directed at Zen) You went for EP first so that you had an opportunity for bus credit, thus making your position stronger toDay. You didn't go after me yesterDay because Swiss' scum read on me was based mainly on his town read on you. (I can back this up if you like.) You knew if I could convince Swiss there was a chance you were scum, I'd survive the day and, if I did particularly well, Swiss might even turn on you, a scenario which would be much uglier than this one. You killed Swiss instead of Air last night because you lost your ability to roleblock when EP died. I come to this last conclusion because scum had a NK last night, which should not be possible because your hitman is dead. This can only indicate that when your partner died, you became a hitman, and thus you were no longer a roleblocker. You couldn't risk Swiss searching another body and clearing me in the same way Air has been cleared. You thought Air would go along with you toDay because I'm already fighting an uphill battle, as you've been considered town and I've been considered slight-scum for most of the game; in addition, I'm an easier target because of Swiss' revelations yesterDay. EP had been trying to get me lynched all game because he knew you could construe it as a bus attempt.
This is logical. Except for the fact that you thought I was town, then ignore other possibilities for why Air could be anti-town and have visited Smar, and use the reasoning I give for thinking Air town. Large leap to just drop all your past reasonings without much consideration.
When new information comes out contradicting the past, one or the other has to give. In this case, it's EP being Hitman. And given that that's 100% confirmed...

--------------------------
Also, minor housekeeping item: I plan on attending the /HOPE tournament on 12/19, which is the same day as this Day/game ends. I might not have time to post that day, so if the game's still on by 12/18 I'll probably have to vote then.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Incom you're going to make me head explode. You're still working around the points and are saying things that are just don't make sense. On wii net so this post will take a bit. Air you still reading? Incom is rediculously obv scum now. These last two posts are so full of holes I'd think you were Swiss.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It's difficult multi-quoting with wii net so I have do this part seperate since I'm quoting more than one post. In regards to why me and EP as scum buddies doesn't even make sense.
"Incom said:
If I had pushed for an Air lynch, EP+me+Swiss would have been a scum win. Point is moot.
Not at all ~.^ There's a huge difference in how people viewed me and how they viewed you yesterDay. As you have said I was trusted town and thus had a lot of influence on who was lynched. Swiss stated multiple times that he trusted me and was willing to risk the game on that. Early on he also kept trying to push for the Air wagon and convince me Air was the play. For me to push away from the Air lynch so many times and ultimately set the lynch on EP would be against my win con if I were scumbuddies with EP. It was mylo and I had a lot of influence- you, EP, Swiss, and Air all stated you felt I was town. If I felt Air as the best play, I really don't have much doubt that his lynch would have happened. I'm not trying to sound all upity, but I just came to have that influence, and If I were EPs scumbuddy it's not likely Swiss or town-you would have gone against me in wanting to lynch Air.
So I should probably point out that X1 and I knew each other were town. Btw.

The reasons X1 died were:
1) OMG HE HAS A POWAARGH ROLE
2) OMG HE DIES SWISS B FRAMED FO SHIZ
3) Probably another reason?

Terribad NK choice. Why is Zen still alive?

Anyway, we should lynch Air.
Funny how you left that part out when you quoted this.
Same reasons as yesterDay.

We should lynch one of Air/EP imo. They're my top two scumspects.

EP did some decent play imo - so lynch Air. Sorted.

'Course it depends on their play toDay.
Zen you're with me on the Air wagon yeah? Good.

Let's see what we're working with here:

Swiss
Zen
Incom
EP
Air

K. It takes three to lynch - and with Zen being confirmed town. We just need Incom to agree. Or EP.

I suggest a full claim in this order:

Air
EP
Incom
Zen

Put me in 3rd if you have to.

@ EP - I remember re-reading and not finding anything in Das' posts which crumbed to mafia he was working for them.
Is this Zen or his mentally inferior friend posting for him? :awesome:

Xas' buddying then flip on me was precisely the reason we got him as scum. No townie would perform such a 180 on a player who is likely to be a bandwagon. No scum would do this to their buddy. Why? Because it is clear bussing. Look at Das scum. What do we know about him? He is terrible as scum, he still holds to the inredi-bad belief that you shouldn't bus if it can be helped (See Villains). I replaced into Gord's slot. I read the whole QT. He doesn't bus, he doesn't think his buddies should either. Anyone Das proclaimed open disdain for (and pursued it) is effectively confirmed town. <<No-one iirc.

If a traitor ever just buddies scum, scum WILL lynch them. It gives them MASSIVE town cred "Omg he agrees with me too much, kill him *flips town* - ride a free Day". He couldn't just buddy them. As for why GLG named Air as scum....

Look at the facts:

GLG was scum, he self hammered. He put up little defence. Why? Because he knew he was going to be lynched. Scum never self hammer except in extraordinary circumstances. Why? Because they gain nothing from it. Why then did GLG self hammer? Why not just go inactive? Because he'd done what he had to do. He gained something from it Offering to self hammer = AtE survival ploy. Actually self hammering = Mission accomplished (in this case)

When you're about to die and scum, what do you do? Tell them townie names as scum? No-one will believe you. Tell them the actual scum in a clever WIFOM? No. You tell them one of each. It's standard scum practice when you're trying to be clever - when one dies the other other becomes framed to cleared. There are some players you can trust to be smarter than this, GLG ain't one of them.

Zen I think you're town and I'll risk the game on that belief - but you're being obtuse. Ish. We need Incom to claim.

As a side note - if GLG knew I was scum, he'd have tried to make me look like a good scumhunter in the posts before he died. He did not. He just voted me and didn't try to get me lynched >> Scum tell for Swiss but he knew he was a dead man. He did this all off his own back, I couldn't have told him to WIFOM me.

I need to look at the EP/Air interaction again.
Swiss felt so strongly in lynching Air that he felt I was being obtuse for not thinking Air was scum at that time.

All this shows how much Swiss was on Air and trusted me as town. Me scum would have just been bad play not to lynch Air town.

By the end of the day I wasn't really confident in which of 3 of you were scum. I hadn't gotten to do as thorough of a read through as I wanted. The only person I trusted was Swiss. I leaned more towards lynching you, but really I could have been convinced of either of you 3 yesterDay including Air. Near the end of the day I felt we were heading into a bad situation and were going to end up in either no lynch or a last minute choice. I wanted to make the best choice out if the 3 of you and the lack of posting was making that difficult.

I tried to pull things up to make the most logical choice at the end and really wanted Swiss to give input for us to make a final choice. Doing stuff like trying to bring up discussion for the best lynch choice hours before Air could have been modkilled wouldn't make sense for me being EP's scumbuddy. I basically revived him as being the play nearly before deadline when Air would have been a free last minute lynch or modkill.

Deadline is tomorrow. I'm going to vote incom.

Swiss, why aren't you answering?
The only reason why I said I was voting you was because you were the person I was leaning on and Swiss wasn't saying anything. I valued his opinion and like I said could be convinced of either of you 3 if he gave some logical thought. Even when he said he was leaning EP, he was still unsure and was willing to lynch Air just as so. This would have been another time for me as scum to lynch Air and in the game. I instead set the final lynch on EP. Both Swiss' and X1s view on EP was enough for me to choose EP over you and Air, and being ready to lynch, I solidified Swiss in EP. So for you to say that it's a null point and applies to you is false and I know you knew so when you said it. It's bogus for you to continue saying that EP was my scumbuddy regardless of the many times the game would have been ended if I we were so. And now your reasoning is that me as roleblocker must have lost the ability when EP died? What kind if sense does that even make?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hm. Thought I said mafia... very well. I should be more careful.
That's what happens when scum is put under pressure and forced to pull crap out of the hat, they are caught in a lie- the most reliable scum tell there is.

Solo mafioso pretty much is an SK tho.
This is wrong, but this doesn't really have to do with anything so I wont argue.

You've kinda coasted all game. Air and I, not so much. We've assumed you were town all game--but why?
1. I haven't been coasting. I've been decently active and have given solid thoughts through out the game. Air's play is what I would describe as coasting. But what you're trying to say is that I haven't been wagoned or have been thought of as scum, which again I say is a anti-logical point for calling someone scum. I haven't been called scum because I haven't been scummy because I'm not scum and both my play and actions have represented this. If I was inactive all game and have been scummy and still thought of as town, then this point would make sense. But what you're saying is that I haven't been scummy and am scum for that which is just bad logic and your last resort move to convince Air to lynch me as he was first to say it. But you're trying to feed off it the wrong way trying to call me scum for it where as Air was just saying I needed to be looked at more.

People haven't just been blindly calling me town other than probably scum themselves. Those who have thought of me as town had probably thought so BECAUSE they looked into me and felt I am so. It's not like they are idiots who just say "Zen is town" without having looked at me and without reason. So even to say that I haven't been looked at isn't true, just because people haven't come to a conclusion that I'm scum, doesn't mean I haven't been looked at.

Swiss and I have been scumbuddies twice. I played town v him scum in Halo. And we are in an on going game together. I've been scum v X1 town, town v X1 Indy and scum, and we are also in an ongoing game together. It's likely they are better able to read me because of this and have indavidual reasons for being able to pick up on me being town, as I have for them. I don't know the reasons Air thought of me as town, and from what you're saying, you don't even know the reason YOU have called me town. You've stated multiple times yesterday that I was town and now you are saying you have no reason for this. You're such obvious scum, I don't even know why I'm wasting time with this.

I'd think if they'd hit somebody else (X1) that night Cello would have been lynched the next Day. Although perhaps I'm overestimating myself.
You keep responding to little parts of what I'm saying without making a point. How does this relate to the point? It looks like you're just showing this to try and give off that you weren't responsible for the night kill by saying you would have done something different. We can't say why scum made the choices they did. Wasn't the point you were trying to make was that I should have been NKed if I were town? What does scum not killing X1 N2 to have Cello lynched the next day have to do with anything? And if anything this should be a point against me being scum as Cello was my top suspicion at the end of D2. It wouldn't then make sense for me to NK someone I wanted to lynch.
False breadcrumbing because he wanted to get NK'd. Cello (the indy, I might add) was the one who called him out on it--presumably because if X1 drew the NK from Cello, Cello would've had another day to correctly guess the lynch and win (although I don't think he'd have succeeded). X1 then proceeded to claim not-cop and life went on. I, for one, was pretty convinced (IIRC) X1 was not the cop. So why'd EP NK him? Scum knew it was LyLo the following morning, and having someone confirmed-town (as you were considered at the time) would have limited them by decreasing their "who-to-lynch" options. X1 was certainly not confirmed town--false PR breadcrumbing is scummy, no?

Point is, scum should have killed you N3 as X1 was pretty obviously not the cop.
I know you're scum and trying to pull out whatever you can so I wont call you an idiot for this. X1 was not obviously not cop.
1. Fake breadcrumbs = WIFOM. Scum could not know if X1 was cop or not. Why take the chance keeping him alive if he really were cop.

2. I wasn't anymore confirmed than X1 was. And after glg's flip, I doubt X1 would have been the play anytime soon. And speaking of glgs flip, that's another reason scum could have probably thought X1 really was cop. He was pushing glg hard, saying that he had to be the play. After glgs flip it would make sense for scum to think X1 really could have been cop. So you saying that me an unclaimed-non-PR crumbing player should have been killed over the breadcrumbing cop and because I didn't die, must be scum is just bad.

Because you're scum. The only other option is that a scum team with me on it made a NK choice (X1) I would not have agreed to. Of course, the NK choice is presumably EP's ultimate responsibility.
...of course you'd say you don't agree to the NK choice.

Pretty much every other case on me this game was based on "you change your mind too easily".
What are you even talking about? I never called you wishy washy or said you change your mind to much.. lol? die.

Psst--getting lynched is against a townie's wincon. It's one less lynch we'd have to use against scum. And besides, assuming I'm town for a second, at what point would letting myself be lynched have helped town?
You weren't any where near being lynched. You let the possibility of being lynched overshadow lynching scum. If your focus on not being lynched limits your ability to play the game and catch scum, you aren't playing towards towns wincon.

And I'd argue it does change the point. Someone posts very actively over a page or two then goes dead without saying anything, especially when one has just been called out on something (click to X1's post and scroll up to Ryker's above mine), looks pretty scummy IMO.
This was because of the fact you said you were leaving. But this is a fair excuse.
And I still think I'm right. Scum can always talk, town can only talk during the Day, therefore more Daylight is better for town.
Not if you do nothing. But I'm tired of arguing this _-_.

L-1 is added pressure, not the end of the day. Although I suppose in retrospect it would enable a self-hammer.
Not at L=4. At that point in the game you really should only vote if you're ready to lynch that person. Tired of arguing this too.

So it's a town thing in every other game, but a clear scum tell here?
How about read what I'm saying and stop changing my words around. It's a townie like thing that town and scum say both. Scum do so to score town points all the time and newcomers always do this. A town member doesn't say townie things to score town points, they do so because they have reason. It's scummy for you because you said you wanted to squeeze out all we could from the day yet you hardly did anything at all. Your actions do not support your words which leads me to believe you were simply speaking for the words alone i.e town points.

bs # 18. Point out how that in anyways is calling you out for coasting. Air please tell me you're ready to end this -_-.

From your perspective (assuming you were town), Swiss was town, one of EP/Air was town, so the other+me had to be the scum team. I don't know that you said as much, but I don't see how you could have come to any other conclusion. This conclusion would make me the only confirmed scum and therefore your first priority to lynch. Thus I come to the below.

Air, is this scenario plausible?:

(directed at Zen) You went for EP first so that you had an opportunity for bus credit, thus making your position stronger toDay. You didn't go after me yesterDay because Swiss' scum read on me was based mainly on his town read on you. (I can back this up if you like.) You knew if I could convince Swiss there was a chance you were scum, I'd survive the day and, if I did particularly well, Swiss might even turn on you, a scenario which would be much uglier than this one. You killed Swiss instead of Air last night because you lost your ability to roleblock when EP died. I come to this last conclusion because scum had a NK last night, which should not be possible because your hitman is dead. This can only indicate that when your partner died, you became a hitman, and thus you were no longer a roleblocker. You couldn't risk Swiss searching another body and clearing me in the same way Air has been cleared. You thought Air would go along with you toDay because I'm already fighting an uphill battle, as you've been considered town and I've been considered slight-scum for most of the game; in addition, I'm an easier target because of Swiss' revelations yesterDay. EP had been trying to get me lynched all game because he knew you could construe it as a bus attempt.
I must admit some of that's actually pretty good for being out of the hat. But it's still reaching and wrong. There's no support in it so all I can say for why it's not is:

-I was major cause in EPs lynch. I bus is something you only do in mylo if it's inevitable that your scum partner is going to be lynched. This is not the case with EP. Air had just as much lynch potential. And from the reasons I stated before, me and EP's as scumbuddies wouldn't make sense. And it would be unecessary for me to bus him when Air had just as much lynchability. You on the other hand only decided to vote after me and Swiss decided on EP thus his lynch becoming inevitable and your bus necessary.

-It wouldn't be necessary to go for you when I could have gone for Air who had much higher lynch potential if I were scum.

-How would you trying to convince Swiss be worse than you trying to convince Air if I were scum? Swiss being alive would be a better for me as he had a strong town read on me and we'd quick lynch you.

-Scum don't lose their ability because the hitman dies. They simply preform both actions. I've been in many games with hitmen and this never happens.

-Swiss investigating another body would clear you how?

-I wasn't even sure of you being the play for toDay. You more than convinced me though.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Quadruple post. Don't feel like proof reading that so there's probably a bit of errors.

Air please tell me you're ready to lynch. I have pretty much no doubt Incom is scum. And his responses are just full of BS.

My fallen, if this is a mistake then blame incom. Air isn't the most townie player, but Incom is scummy as slime and I have to vote him >.<

Vote: Inferiority Complex

If Air is scum the game is over, but I am confident it is Incom and there's nothing more I can get that could change that.

Town Air let's do this.

Scum Air: loluramazing

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Sweet :D Air's been online since my last post which 100% confirms he is town haha. lol incom die. Air get in here.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I'm just really upset over this whole situation. >_<
It's really hard to make a decision knowing that it determines which side wins.

But honestly, at this point, I just want the game to be over already lol.

But still, it's hard!

Life

Smash Hero
Prod received, but I have stuff to do and don't have time for a full post. Promise I'll try to have something up by tomorrow.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Air we have this I'm telling you.

What has you in doubt? Incom is stumbling hard. He's contradicting himself all over the place and he has been caught in two lies toDay. His attack on me is so fake. He's blatantly making factless accusations out of no where and much of what he is saying doesn't make sense.

-He lied about using the word scum as a general term for anti-town and not mafiosi specifically.
#21 said:
Assuming two kills and 3 scum, we'd be in lylo after two missed lynches.

Assuming two kills and 4 scum, we'd be in lylo after one missed lynch. Seems a little extreme.
This shows that he was thinking of the term 'scum' as a single group i.e mafia, not anti-town roles overall.
#924 said:
I generally use "scum" as a blanket term for all antitown factions, if that clears anything up.
Yet when I call him out that his speculation seemed fake because he was speculating on extremes like there being 4 scum, he says this. It's completely contradictory to the thought process he was showing in #21. This shows that he was lying and was trying to cover up my case. The only reason he would do this is because I was right, and that his speculation was fake, in attempt to gain town points by showing he did not know how many scum there were.

In my #925 I show this and this is his excuse:
Hm. Thought I said mafia... very well. I should be more careful
If he thought he said 'mafia' in that post, then there was no reason for him to say "I generally use 'scum' as a blanket term". He knew he said SCUM, and this contradiction #2 in this whole matter. I don't know how else to show you, Air, how contradicting he is being with this. He is scum, caught and out of excuses.

-His case on me is full of false material. When caught of this he pulls up so bogus reasoning for his accusations.

Incom#924 said:
wishy washy and inactive is apparently a scum tell for me but not for Air?
Zen#925 said:
Huh? I said Air had been wishy washy not you. And you accuse me below of skiming...
Incom#928 said:
I've never once said this. He is trying to discredit me with bs. And it shows that he is bsing with this:
Incom#924 said:
Zen#925 said:
Incom#928 said:
Zen said:
This post he quoted has no relation to saying he was coasting in anyway, and I see no way how it could be interpreted as so. This shows that he is just bsing and just pulled up that quote because he had nothing. "Otherwise I have nothing else to say". This shows he even knew when posting it that it was crap.

-On top of this he has been trying to feed of your statement that I have cruised by throughout the game. Your point was that I needed to be looked at more, but he is trying to use this as a scum tell. It makes no sense and is anti-logical. People have likely thought me as town for good reasons. Being town =/= scum.

Hilt in Mario Kart Mafia was thought of as town throughout the game and made it to the very last day.

Vanderzant was agreed upon as town in Villains and made it nearly to endgame while destroying the scum team.

Smarboy in halo was obv town and throughout the game and wasn't killed at all.

These are all recent games I've been in, if it's not enough to say that common sense tells you that town =/= scum, than these are examples.

Air, Incom is the deal and if you look at the facts you'll see this. I feel you on the tough choice. That's why I wanted to put the blame on Swiss if we mislynched yesterday haha, but we got this and I have no doubt.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Zen, I really, REALLY want to believe you and just end the game but I just hear a very very very faint voice saying not to trust you! Agggghhhh. Yeah, a lot of points point to Incom, but that could just be really good scum play from you. You're just playing too good! :p

I'll more than likely vote for Incom. If you are scum, I'll beat myself up forever and a day and feel ashamed to show my face in Dgames for the rest of my life. :p

Life

Smash Hero
I'm pretty worn out from playing this game as well. Like all of us, I'm rather tired and want the game to end. I'm not going to self-hammer, however.

Vote: Zen

I've no choice. Air--you'll have to make lots of hard decisions in life. Consider this practice. (Also, this confirms Air as town to me [if it wasn't already clear enough], as he would have jumped on me right there if he were scum.)

I'm aware that this sentence is going to practically sign my death warrant, but I don't feel the need to respond to a good chunk of Zen's post. We're arguing in circles here. Everything I say gets put down as "You're dancing circles around my points" and everything Zen says I have to put down as "It's a scumtell for me and a towntell for everyone else apparently" (obvious generalization to be fair). I'll give some defense below, but I've been arguing defensively and need to take the initiative.

A. My post quoting Swiss on "Why isn't Zen dead?" is not to say that Swiss thought you were scum (none of us really did until toDay), but that a townie had made a similar statement before and that it's not necessarily a scum tell.

B. The scenario I posted: Of course you'd deny it, you're the scum. (Deja vu, eh?) That's why I asked Air to comment.

In detail:

-I was major cause in EPs lynch. Swiss wanted it more. And of course, I went after him earlier. I bus is something you only do in mylo if it's inevitable that your scum partner is going to be lynched. This is not the case with EP. Air had just as much lynch potential. And from the reasons I stated before, me and EP's as scumbuddies wouldn't make sense. And it would be unecessary for me to bus him when Air had just as much lynchability. You on the other hand only decided to vote after me and Swiss decided on EP thus his lynch becoming inevitable and your bus necessary.I went after EP long before Swiss' claim.

-It wouldn't be necessary to go for you when I could have gone for Air who had much higher lynch potential if I were scum.Or you could have gone for EP so you could make a stronger case on me toDay. Again, if you were town, that would have confirmed me as the scum and you'd have gone for me so you could forestall the 50-50 risk until toDay.

-How would you trying to convince Swiss be worse than you trying to convince Air if I were scum? A small risk is worse than no risk. If I

Swiss being alive would be a better for me as he had a strong town read on me and we'd quick lynch you. This is where I drew the conclusion that you'd lost your roleblocking ability. Swiss would have used his ability and could potentially have gotten me alongside EP as the read, which would clear me the same way as Air was cleared.

-Scum don't lose their ability because the hitman dies. They simply preform both actions. I've been in many games with hitmen and this never happens. [COLOR="YellowGreen]If you say so, but with as weak a town as we have otherwise (two fragile roles plus an FI and four VTs versus an indy, a traitor, and 2 mafia with a RB), it would be a sensible nerf to scum IMO.[/COLOR]

-Swiss investigating another body would clear you how?[COLOR="YellowGreen"]See bold. It would not be a 100% clear, but a risk of a clear.[/COLOR]
C. *insert noob card here* (I'm sure you've heard it a thousand times in various games so I won't repeat it again)

I have more to say, but I'm getting kicked off <.<

Air, I mentioned this already, but if you aren't convinced by Sunday, I'm likely not going to be able to make posts for much of that day. Feel free to vote then. And don't beat yourself up if you make the wrong choice. I've played badly this game (again with the noobcard). If town loses, place the blame on my shoulders. I won't return to Dgames for a good time after this is over (I think).

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Yeah, I'm tired of going around in circles. Let's just end the game.
I found your defense a little weak, Incom. Almost as if you've given up.

Vote: Incom

Although if Zen is scum which is my strong feeling, I'll be mad at myself forever for not going with my instinct! Zen, if you're scum, gg to you. And if you are then I'll hate myself forever. :mad113:

Sorry town, if I made the wrong choice. :(

Let's do this! Don't spoil anything either. I want to wait for Gheb to reveal it all! :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
End Game!!!

Inferiority Complex (Shanoa, Vanilla Townie) has been lynched.

---​

"So it's only us two now."

"What...?"

A man stepped out of the darkest shadow in the whole castle. His voice was deep and his face was pale and full of lifelessness. It was count Dracula who has finally shown his face to the last remaining intruder of the castle. Many times they have slain the count in his own domain but this time around he was too powerful to be taken care of by a single human.

Airgemini (Leon Belmont, Town Gravedigger) has been endgamed by the evil count himself!

With that there was nobody left to stop count Dracula from subduing the entire world and submerge it into mere chaos.

Zen (Count Dracula, Mafia Roleblocker) survives!

From that moment on the sun would never shine again. The world had seen many dark days but those that have yet to come would be much, much darker...

Swiss

Smash Lord
GG Zen. You deserve MVP, you outplayed me D1 totally. I should never have left you clear. Your final day play was terrible at the beginning, but if I'd been alive I STILL would have probably lynched Incom.

Thanks to Gheb for hosting, sorry I got the last scum wrong guys :3

Smar - Unlucky death? Someday you'll make it D2!

Air - You need massively more content, but you played OK. It took me playing Newnie 7 to understand how to reads newbies and clear you.

EP - So it turns out you weren't a framer, Air was a gravedigger. You played OK, but you were pretty scummy.

X1 - I was town. Stop calling me scum >_>

Cello - pinned you from your first few posts, had your alignment as scum, though. I'm not sure how close you came to your winCon, but the SOLID lynch (which you had to do) was unforgivable.

Incom - I pinned you by default off Zentown. I was wrong and well...lol. Blame Zen.

Dark Horse - LOL. I was an idiot to not see you were town, it made me realise I can't read newbies, so I went and joined a newbie game ^_^

GLG - You played OK, but Das was SO obv scum you were ****ed. You replaced into a certain lynch.

SOLID - More content, GG.

Life

Smash Hero
Shoutouts will come later.

funny how the only two people I went after were antitown..

And you don't need to apologize <.<

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Roles and Night actions!

Roles:

Mafia:

Zen - Count Dracula (Roleblocker) from various
EdreesesPieces - Death (Hitman) from various

## The safeclaims were: Charlotte Aulin [Portrait of Ruin] and Juste Belmont [Harmony of Dissonance]

Independent:

Ryker/Cello_Marl - The Ferryman (Warlock) from various

Town:

Xastrn - Soma Cruz (Traitor) from Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow
Swiss - Alucard (Forensic Investigator) from various
Dark Horse - Sypha Belnades (Mason Recruiter) from Curse of Darkness and Dracula's Curse
Smargaret - Simon Belmont (Bodyguard) from various
Airgemini - Leon Belmont (Gravedigger) - from Lament of Innocence
X1-12 - Nathan Graves (Vanilla) - from Circle of the Moon
Inferiority Complex - Shanoa (Vanilla) - from Order of Ecclesia
S.O.L.I.D - Jonathan Morris (Vanilla) - from Portrait of Ruin

Night Actions:

Night 0:

Ryker - bets on Airgemini [successful]

Night 1:

Edreese - kills smargaret [successful]
Zen - roleblocks Xastrn [unaffected]
smargaret - protects Zen [failed // killed]
Ryker - failed to send in Night Action // bet was randomized with SOLID as result

Night 2:

Edreese - kills Cello Marl [successful]
Zen - roleblocks X1-12 [unaffected]
Cello Marl - bets on Cello Marl [failed // killed]
Swiss - investigates smargaret [successful // Edreese and Airgemini as result]

Night 3:

Edreese - kills X1-12 [successful]
Zen - roleblocks Swiss [successful]
Swiss - investigates Cello_Marl [failed // roleblocked]

Night 4:

Zen - kills Swiss [successful]
Zen - roleblockes swiss [failed]
Swiss - investigates X1-12 [failed // killed]

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The gravedigger is the counterpart to the miller. The miller gives the cop a guilty even though he's innocent. The gravedigger gives Trackers / Watchers and other roles a "visit" even though he did not actually visit.

The game was a bit balanced in mafia's favor in my opinion. The amount of mislynches for the towwn should've been higher so either the Warlock or the Traitor should've been removed - both were a bit too much anti-town.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Holy ****

Zen for MVP. I was certain he was town.

I know, I played like ****. I wish I could do this game over.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Swiss said:
Cello - pinned you from your first few posts, had your alignment as scum, though. I'm not sure how close you came to your winCon, but the SOLID lynch (which you had to do) was unforgivable.
That's funny, considering that even I didn't know my alignment until post #454.

Gheb said:
The game was a bit balanced in mafia's favor in my opinion. The amount of mislynches for the towwn should've been higher so either the Warlock or the Traitor should've been removed - both were a bit too much anti-town.
More than just a bit, imo. 4 people that DH's ability wouldn't have worked on, had he ever had the chance to use it. Plus, I was planning on outing myself the Day after I died, effectively becoming another traitor. Scum won anyway, but killing someone other than me would have let them win D3 with my lynch followed by the traitor outing himself. I/The Ferryman had very little incentive to win with town, especially I didn't count as a threat to the town for some reason.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Cello, as soon as you fulfill your win condition you leave the game. You couldn't have outed yourself as you were no longer part of the game. You can't just team up with whomever you want because once you do your thing it's over for you. You are not strictly an anti-town indy because you may also work against the mafia. The only problem with the Warlock were the numbers, not the power.

By power the game was balanced. Town just played really bad on D1 to lynch the mason recruiter on a null-tell. It were the numbers that made the game shaky because of the vague / ambiguous alignment of the traitor and the warlock.

There were only 3 people, where DHs ability couldn't work: Zen, Edreese and Cello_Marl.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
How does that change what I said?

N2, I predict myself. D3, I say, "Hey, I'm the Warlock, lynch me". Most people are comfortable lynching any non-town, so I'm on the chopping block and on my way to victory. I didn't know there was a traitor, but since there was, D4 sees HIM coming out and winning the game for scum. Probably even on D3, so he can convince scum to lynch me with him, especially if he posts their names in thread.

When I said, "the Day after I died", I meant exactly that. D3, which was the Day after N2, the time of my death.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Cello, do you realize how many "if's" and other variables are in that example? You are already assuming that you have one correct bet by Day 3, which only happened because the lynch against SOLID was based on the town's poor judgment.

And if you out yourself you lose the game because the town can just ignore you and move on the the actual threats. Meanwhile you'll never get your last lynch needed and lose the game.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Oh man finally. gg!

*brofists EP*

*Slaps xastern/bsl/glg*

Air don't beat yourself up over it, you made the logical choice.

More later

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I said "****" out loud when I read the title in my User CP. Sorry Town. :(

But yeah, Zen for MVP imo. Sorry about my overall performance. D1 I'm all into it but then as it goes on I get slightly less involved for some reason. Flaw of mine. That and I'm lazy as **** when it comes to making cases.

But yeah, gg everyone. :113:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
GG Zen. You deserve MVP, you outplayed me D1 totally. I should never have left you clear. Your final day play was terrible at the beginning, but if I'd been alive I STILL would have probably lynched Incom.
Huh, what was terrible about it? ~.^?? With 3 of us, I no longer had to appeal to anyone but Air. What Incom thought of me mattered none so long as Air was persuaded to vote him.

My original plan coming into the day was to have Air and Incom target each other and vote for whoever got a vote placed on them first, but then Air randomly came in saying that I was probably the last scum and I was like wtf. And I could no longer simply watch them destroy each other since Air was so level headed, and I could not simply vote Air and have me and incom quick lynch him. Incom would have realized that something was off and that it didn't really make sense for Air to be scum, and they both would have voted me. Where as if Air had been set on lynching him coming into the day he wouldn't have put much consideration into me being scum. Therefore appealing to Air regardless of revealing to Incom that I was scum was the way to go. I could have made argument for how scummy Air had been all game, but Incom was set on the mechanics of things and that there wasn't much possibility of Air and EP both being scum. I threw it in there a few times that Air could be indy, but he wouldn't bite D: and I felt if I pushed that too hard, I would lose Air.

But yeah how was my play at the beginning of the day terrible?

D1 gave us the win mechanically. Town would have had a much better chance with the Mason. I just wanted to give Domokun a big hug after first outing the mason and then getting him modkilled haha. I can see what Cello is saying, but I agree more with Gheb that it was more towns fault for things turning out the way they did.

Swiss

Smash Lord
You became so ummy and oooh I'm not sure.

A firm stance from you would have beem much more convincing, esp. from your 'town' POV. Imo anyway. It's easy to talk when I wasn't in the situation.

Top Bottom